Posted on Thursday, September 12th, 2013 at 12:35 PM

By BellaNaija Weddings

Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_10

Aww, we’re so elated to bring you Raven Taylor and Katung Aduwak‘s beautiful wedding! The groom proposed via Skype on Valentine’s Day 2012. Such a cute modern day move. Lol

We love Katung and Raven’s ceremony and style – simple, artistic and sweet. The theme of their wedding was a classic white and green.

The bride wore an ivory sheath dress with silver embellishments and accessories and rocked her lovely natural locs in a high bun. Her handsome groom Katung wore white and black, silver cuffs and buttons to complement his bride, with suede loafers and a traditional hat. For her second look, the bride rocked a white t-shirt dress with peacock colours, that matched her bright personality and the wedding colours of the day.

The bridesmaids were also in simple elegant ivory dresses with varying styles and fabrics, while the groom and his men wore white traditional outfits.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

How They Met
From the groom, Katung
Raven and I met at a restaurant called Madiba in Brooklyn New York in 2010, it took her almost a month to agree to go on a date with me. Even when she agreed, she showed up 3 hours late, after trying to cancel all day, but I persisted and after that date we hit it off almost immediately. I decided to move back to Nigeria in 2011, she supported though it was hard, we visited each other back and forth for a year and both decided she should give Nigeria a try. She loved it!

The Proposal!
On Valentines day of 2012, I convinced her to take her laptop to work, prior to this I had picked out an engagement ring and had it delivered to her friend, I wrote “marry me poochie” (my name for her) on my t-shirt,went down on one knee and popped open an empty ring case while her friend slipped the real ring in front of her. All this was done via Skype because I was in Abuja and she in New York. SHE SAID YES!

From Raven, the bride
So let me begin with how every morning I always watch Good Morning America to just have a little background noise of news as well as the cute, sometimes corny proposals they show. Well I got my corny, EXTREMELY cute, and sweet proposal February, 14, 2012 at work. My beautiful boyfriend at the time, now of course fiancé, Katung proposed to me via skype. And yes, my co-workers were in on it…

I could not understand why he was so persistent for me to bring my laptop to work that day, but he explained he felt so terrible that he was not there to celebrate Valentine’s with me so he just wanted to see me. I brought it of course, coincidentally, I set it up in the reception area which worked out considering my co-worker had the ring. So as we skyped he then stands back and has a shirt on that read, “MARRY ME POOCHIE”, he had an opened ring box held to the camera and at that moment my co worker slid me the actual box with my ring inside. I would’ve never imagined this. A proposal from Nigeria, literally.

Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_0Aww!

Pre-Wedding Photos: In case you missed it, check out the rest of their cute pre-wedding photo shoot in Lagos HERE !Katung Aduwak & Fancee Raven Taylor Pre-Wedding Shoot by Shola Animashaun  - August 2013 - BellaNaija 034 Katung Aduwak & Fancee Raven Taylor Pre-Wedding Shoot by Shola Animashaun  - August 2013 - BellaNaija 042 Katung Aduwak & Fancee Raven Taylor Pre-Wedding Shoot by Shola Animashaun  - August 2013 - BellaNaija 036

***

White Wedding

Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_1 Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_2 Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_4Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_5Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_8 Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_11 Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_6 Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_9 Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_7 Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_8 Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_10 Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_0Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_5 Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_4 Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_6 Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_7 Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_9Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_3 Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_2Photobooth Fun!

Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_0 Katung_Raven_Aduwak_Wedding_BellaNaija_1

Vendors

Wedding Attire
Wedding Dress: Sunny Rose (Maureen Ikokwu)
Bride’s Makeup: Landis

Venue: Prairie Productions 1314 W Randolph St, Chicago, Illinois
Decorator & Coordinator: Michelle Bellamy Buck

We love weddings as much as you do – get in touch for inquiries, inspiration & more!

E-mail: weddings (at) bellanaija.com
Google + | Instagram: BellaNaijaWeddings | Twitter: BellaNaijaWed | FB: BellaNaijaWeddings
Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , ,

• Custom Search
  • 31 Comments on “BN Celebrity Weddings: Big Brother Nigeria Winner Katung Aduwak Weds Raven Taylor”

Comments
    • Miss Anonymous September 12, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I like that it’s unconventional. Happy married life!

• D pretty September 12, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Congratulations to the couple! May your home be blessed.

• Aww!!! so cute! God bless your marriage!

• sss September 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM

God bless their home. Amen

• Hurperyermie September 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM

i love the simplicity of the wedding

• toyin September 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM

God bless their wedding…………………..wn is uti
      going to do something like this

• dgirl September 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM

d day u agree to marry him

• aunty September 12, 2013 at 6:59 PM

hahahahahahahah!

• oyin September 12, 2013 at 11:18 PM

gbamest

• Moi- September 12, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Very simple and nice wedding, God bless your union

• Naveah September 12, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I love that they just kept it simple and fun! Congrats to the lovely couple.

• shhhhh September 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Congrats! I like that they did it in their own way. God bless your union.

• datigbolady September 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM

First simple wedding that has been posted on Bella Naija.

• The Real Madam the Madam September 12, 2013 at 3:18 PM

She showed up 3 hours late and he didn’t bounce. Now, that’s true persistence.

Happy married life to you guys. Cute couple!

• cutie ajah September 12, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Sometimes you just appreciate the simple things of life

• BUKKY September 12, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Simplicity at it peak!God bless the union

• CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM September 12, 2013 at 3:23 PM

UNIQUE….

• http://www.dprodigaldaughter.com September 12, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Beautiful. Congrats to the couple.
      dprodigaldaughter.com

• http://africansweetheart.blogspot.co.uk/ September 12, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Congrats to them! :)

africansweetheart.blogspot.co.uk/

• i no send September 12, 2013 at 5:21 PM

this is simple and deep..HML to the lovebirds

• Chigbo September 12, 2013 at 8:45 PM

It’s amazing that the bride allowed everyone else to wear white.

• NNENNE September 13, 2013 at 12:47 AM

The bride looks like she is Nigerian.HML

• Toni September 13, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Her beautiful natural hair! A bride wearing her real hair! Her hair looks better than the alien hair black women have become slaves to.

• lulusky September 13, 2013 at 7:32 AM

cute proposal… God bless their union

• crxtylinks September 13, 2013 at 10:35 AM

This is call simplicity, me like am

• Omo1 September 13, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Love the photo booth pic

• Bella September 13, 2013 at 11:50 AM

HML to you both. This is so simple and so lovely, i really like and they seem to understand each other, when they make the real money twill be even sweeter cos they love each other when they married simple. Congrats

• Tosin September 13, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I like their style. And they’re a very beautiful couple. Skype has done something good :)

• Chu-Chu September 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM

My kinda wedding, wow…im glad im not the only “wierdo” alive cos i do not want the regular “carnival like” 9ja wedding wit Aso ebi wahala and the likes….they just invited family and friends that matter….not gbo gbo ero and did their thing..im so rocking my Natural hair on my wedding day by Gods grace…May God bless your union o….

• Foluke September 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Simple and nice! Didn’t see no parents though!

pholtharwrites.wordpress.com