Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija010

On Thursday 31st October 2013, one of the world’s leading and best tasting vodka brands – Grey Goose organized a “spooktacular” party to remember at the Sip Restou Lounge, Victoria Island, Lagos.

The fun filled Halloween night out was attended by exclusive guests and a few celebrities including Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, Eva Alordiah, Temi Dollface, Melvin Oduah, Venita “Vee Vee” Akpofure and Pearl. Most of them came in their interesting costumes, ready for the “trick or treat”.

With giant bugs, ghosts, gallows, pumpkin heads, snakes and statues peering and lurking around, Sip Lounge was transformed into a spooky lair for the event. From Aliens to Roman Emperors, Arabian Princes to Glittery Fairies, everyone appeared in unique Halloween costumes that made the event a sure thrill.

Photos
Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija024Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija011Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija021Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija019Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija009Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija020Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija008Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija018Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija012Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija007Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija014Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija013Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija001Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija002Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija003Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija004Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija005Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija023Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija026Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija025Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija006Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija016Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija015Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija029Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija031Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija027Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija032Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija030Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija022Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija028Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija039Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija035Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija033Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija037Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija017Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija038Grey Goose Halloween Party - November 2013 - BellaNaija034
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Content

61 Comments on The “Trick or Treat” from Grey Goose Halloween Party at Sip, Lagos! Photos of Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, Temi Dollface, Eva Alordiah, Melvin Oduah & More
  • Gusty’s Blog November 6, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Halloween Party in Nigeria!!! Like seriously how is that even possible? I think we should stop copying things that don’t make sense at all. For more gist and jobs in Nigeria, kindly visit my blog gustyscommunication.blogspot.com. Thanks

• Teddy Bear November 6, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Thank you so much for your comment! Nigerians!!! May God not let “Follow-Follow” be our complete demise! Ever since I did my research on the origin of Halloween more than a decade ago, I stopped observing or having anything to do with the holiday. Smh…

• Teddy Bear November 6, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Nigerians!!! May God not let “Follow-Follow” be our
      complete demise! Ever since I did my research on the origin of
      Halloween more than a decade ago, I stopped observing or having
      anything to do with the holiday. Smh…

• Onyeka November 6, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Hain ok o

• Hurpeyeahmie November 6, 2013 at 12:25 pm

nonsense

• gotta have it November 6, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Total rubbish! Copycats…

• eesha November 6, 2013 at 12:29 pm

The ushers are enough to give me nightmares. LOL

• AA November 6, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Those ushers and their cottage cheese thighs were truly scary

• shadey November 7, 2013 at 10:10 am

very tacky looking girls….they wore this same costume to an event early this year as well.

• ella November 6, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Why do Nigerians have to copy everything. Do the whites celebrate new yam festival in their countries? We are never satisfied with our own culture, the next thing we will see is white Christmas as if it snows here. Please lets be real.
    And to Ebuka, why is he putting on Nigerian jersey, is Nigeria so scary to put us in that light. I thought the essence of Halloween is to celebrate the dead and scary.
    My option though.

• zaq November 6, 2013 at 1:49 pm

stop displaying ur ignorance. halloween is a time to dress up as something or someone else that you wouldn’t do on a regular day. No one ever said it had to be a scary theme. Ellen dressed up as nikki minaj dis year. ignoramus.
      secondly Halloween is a celebration of all saints in the christian calendar. if ur so pained stop celebratin valentine too. that’s borrowed too

• Anon November 6, 2013 at 2:27 pm

This bit is wrong…secondly Halloween is a celebration of all saints in the christian calendar.

So, among other things, they designated November 1 (the day after Halloween) as “All Saints Day” – to set aside for the veneration of all Christian saints, as a way to supersede the pagan rituals (which, of course, did not completely happen to their liking).

All Hallows Eve [Halloween] traditionally was a time of evil in the world. A day of respite always follows a day of tension and fear; so, the church developed All Saints Day [All Hallows Day] to affirm the superiority of Christianity over all pagan rituals and beliefs. Halloween and All Saints Day are two sides of one coin.”

• Tessy November 6, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Honestly, I wonda wen dis copy-cat life of ours will end…my dear, I recommend u do more research on d origin of halloween b4 posting anytin…it’s nt just 4 fun as u call it but a really satanic festival.

• whysomad November 6, 2013 at 12:32 pm

No comments.

• Anon November 6, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Ebuka wore d nig jersey to prove a point!mr patriot his ITK is too much*sabintus oshi!

• Teni November 6, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Even if we want to copy,we should do it well… Cele uniform na halloween costume? Laffing to London,yeye people

• comments November 6, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Halloween party don cast!!

• sarafina November 6, 2013 at 12:52 pm

What in Beysus name is this? I can’t…

• Leah November 7, 2013 at 12:53 am

I am not even a Christian, but I think you are an absolute
      idiot.

• Prince November 6, 2013 at 1:09 pm

That event was a total
    DISASTER>>>>it was WACK and they could
    have had it in someones backyard..was in and out with 10mins and
    even because my peoples insisted on having a drink before
    leaving

• teeeeeeeeeeeeeeee November 6, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Absolute Rubbish

• Sarah Adebayo November 6, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Looked they had fun!!!!! But just a gentle reminder: at a
    certain age and with a kind of body fat and voluminous thighs and
    legs some women should dress appropriately!!!! Really your kids
    will be horrified seeing their mothers big elephants tighs

• whocares November 6, 2013 at 1:16 pm

now before the Halloween ninjas come and berate people for taking part in Halloween as they live in Nigeria, and how it is demonic and not our culture etc.. I would like to say; GET OVER IT! we live in an increasingly globalised world where people celebrate Diwali and other ethnic cultures even though they aren’t a part of it (I realise Halloween is not entirely cultural). a world where there is a “world zombie day” (was that only in London? all I know is I loved walking amongst the un-dead all day. lol). My point is, people greet each other “happy thanksgiving” even though they are decidedly NOT American. so Nigerians celebrating Halloween? No it is not our culture, yes it may be demonic (depends on where you stand on that view), but what it is, is fun and childish. so get over it, eat the candies (if you get any) and stop spewing “culture” and copying. it was our culture to trade by bata and pay for things with cowries but we don’t do that anymore do we? no we use money and our culture hasn’t suffered for it! (that’s debatable too I suppose).

• Halloweenschmallowen November 6, 2013 at 3:08 pm

“Trade by batter” and not “trade by bata”. And clap for yourself for that inane rant.

• whocares November 6, 2013 at 3:24 pm

loool. I did see that actually, and thought to correct it but didn’t feel like posting something else just to correct one word. now that you have called me inane etc how does that detract from my opinion? I am patting myself on the back for it actually, and also eating some Diwali candy in celebration.

• Isa November 6, 2013 at 4:33 pm

You’re both wrong. It’s “trade by barter.”

• whocares November 6, 2013 at 1:16 pm

now before the Halloween ninjas come and berate people for
    taking part in Halloween as they live in Nigeria, and how it is
    demonic and not our culture etc.. I would like to say; GET OVER IT!
    we live in an increasingly globalised world where people celebrate
    Diwali and other ethnic cultures even though they aren’t a part of
    it (I realise Halloween is not entirely cultural). a world where
    there is a “world zombie day” (was that only in London? all I know
    is I loved walking amongst the un-dead all day. lol). My point is,
    people greet each other “happy thanksgiving” even though they are
    decidedly NOT American. so Nigerians celebrating Halloween? No it
    is not our culture, yes it may be demonic (depends on where you
    stand on that view), but what it is, is fun and childish. so get
    over it, eat the candies (if you get any) and stop spewing
    “culture” and copying. it was our culture to trade by bata and pay
    for things with cowries but we don’t do that anymore do we? no we
    use money and our culture hasn’t suffered for it! (that’s debatable
    too I suppose).

• Teddy Bear November 6, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Nigerians!!! May God not let “Follow-Follow” be our
    complete demise! Ever since I did my research on the origin of
    Halloween more than a decade ago, I stopped observing or having
    anything to do with the holiday. We need to do better.

• missy J November 6, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Hehehe…won’t be surprised if we(Nigerians) start to
    celebrate the independence of other countries

• DEe November 6, 2013 at 2:59 pm

They already do….they celebrating thanksgiving…Lived in UK for 10 years and not one british person ever celebrated thanksgiving or any other culture….so stop living under the modernized world….we can develop and still maintain our true culture and values #justsaying

• Shallie’s Purple Beehive November 6, 2013 at 1:35 pm

JESUS IS LORD! BN please how do I submit an article for publication?
    Atoke and Onos watch out am coming for your jobs!!… Lol! Na joke ohhh.. make my comment no just disappear now..

• Atoke
      Atoke November 6, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Lollll “It is well!”

Please send an email to features(at)bellanaija(dot)com.

• Kay November 6, 2013 at 1:52 pm

ok it’s time to nip these cultural defenders in the bud. All of you complaining about how Halloween is foreign and demonic, take a seat (in the back, so we can’t hear your rubbish). I don’t remember Jesus, a Palestinian, coming to Ile-ife and Owerri to take disciples, so Christianity isn’t our culture either. Moreover, Halloween is based on Christian cultures(the day of the dead,All Soul’s Day etc) so you’re even confused for condemning it after borrowing your religion from these cultures.
    Get over yourselves! Halloween is basically a chance to wear costumes and have fun. I don’t remember whites telling you not to celebrate Christmas etc, which are not part of your culture.
    That person saying Ebuka’s outfit is poor, you are wrong! Ebuka is the most realistically done costume out there(he looks like he could actually be a soccer player) so his costume is the best.
    Check out my blog at naijatea.blogspot.com.

• Jo! November 6, 2013 at 2:04 pm

No, we won’t check out your blog

• Ngobeke November 7, 2013 at 10:48 am

Lol!!!!!!

• adam November 6, 2013 at 2:38 pm

did your parents celebrate it,while you were a kid?

• Faith November 6, 2013 at 1:58 pm

The issue I have with halloween is the “negative” vibe it brings. Its a celebration of evil and no,am not been religious. from the clothes, the masks or drawn features on the face to the pumpkin lanterns with scary faces, I have not seen anything positive about it. There is no uplifting message, I dont get the whole idea. I was in a bus and I saw two guys looking like those wicked gods in naija movies and I wondered the essence of the holiday. Everyone has their opinions of course but I think there is enough evil already than to separate a day for the sole purpose of celebrating it. Some might say, I dont know the message behind halloween. Okay oo but am sure your actions and attires must speak volume about the message.

• TA November 7, 2013 at 2:13 pm

1000 likes!
      @ BN,There really should be a like button on this blog.

• hope November 6, 2013 at 1:58 pm

• dooDlz November 6, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Where’s the slutty pumpkin? :D

• billionaire in grace November 6, 2013 at 2:19 pm

These pictures are better than the halloween celebrated in ghana.I love naija

• efe November 6, 2013 at 2:34 pm

it is just another way of celebrating the devil,l really do not know ow this relates to the African Culture,Always copying and not knowing or finding out the origin of such things,and some of the poses are very irritating.
    On the costumes, most of it are scary.
    @ Miss J, Almost fell off the chair reading ur comment,it is very possible that naija pple will/can do that

• efe November 6, 2013 at 2:34 pm

On the costumes, most of it are scary.

• The Real Madam the Madam November 6, 2013 at 2:58 pm

It’s not that serious y’all. If Nigerians want to celebrate and dress up for Halloween then nothing do them. I thought some of these people did a good job with dressing up/halloween makeup. It’s all in good fun.

• hannah November 6, 2013 at 2:58 pm

THE WORST THING ANYONE WHO ATTEND THIS PARTY DID TO HIM/HER SELF WAS TO DRESS IN A COSTUME. LOLZ .

all those who didn’t were a costume look at beautiful and smart.

all those who worn costumes look really stupid… i mean reallY really STUPID!!! lolz

if Nigerians know what is good for them and the media…pls no uncool Halloween party in 2014. (pls learn from all the ridiculous Halloween parties this year).

… AND – WHERE DID THEY GET THOSE UGLY USHERS WITH MANLY YAM LEGS FROM???!!!!! – JESU!!!!

• DEe November 6, 2013 at 3:00 pm

• amriya November 6, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Lagos na wa

• Halloweenschmallowen November 6, 2013 at 3:11 pm
  • whocares November 6, 2013 at 3:28 pm

random question.. but is anyone else getting their comments posted twice or getting the “error” message?

• slice November 6, 2013 at 7:13 pm

i know all those at the party have not lived in the U.S. but if you lived in the U.S. for a while and celebrated HW and actually enjoyed it, it seems perfectly reasonably to me that you’d want to celebrate it when you return to Nigeria. from time everlasting, this is how cultures have gone from one place to the other. I know people who take great joy in HW. They plan for it, pick their clothes in advance, throw parties…the whole dress up thing just makes them happy. I could care less myself but if it makes someone’s day, i can’t see what’s wrong with it. It may have started as a pagan thing but i can say without any doubt that the people who do HW have no pagan inclination. They are just dressing up and the dressed up kids look so so so cute. One more thing, we all complain about how neighbors hardly know each other these days but with HW, you’re guaranteed that at least once a year (if you have kids), you have a reason to knock your neighbor’s door and say hi in the name of asking for candy. And yes, @whocares, i’m getting the error msg too

• slice November 6, 2013 at 7:17 pm

***that the people*****……well let’s say most of them. can’t speak for all***

• meme November 6, 2013 at 7:52 pm

lol Naija sha.. wait did these 2 dress as toke makinwa and her boo ? Idk.. Ive seen a pic of toke wearing that same golden outfit and i dont know if her bobo wore white.. thats funny

• http://africansweetheart.blogspot.co.uk/ November 6, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I wish they would stop encouraging this satanic trend. The
    organisers should be ashamed.

• nawa November 6, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I don’t see the big deal, halloween isn’t even originally american, it’s was Gaelic celebration, we all borrow from other cultures, culture isn’t static that it shouldn;t be susceptible to change, + it’s fun to dress up, doesn’t have to be ghouls and goblins

• Couture By Makioba November 6, 2013 at 10:31 pm

My dear, thank you…. I guess we shouldn’t celebrate
      valentine’s day too and carnivals like calabar carnival and rivers
      state carniriv…….. It’s just bit by bit we will get the custume
      right some day….

• shadey November 7, 2013 at 10:06 am

gele to a Halloween party….lmao!!! even ebuka dressed as a footballer…how is that even spooky…smh.

• Nne November 7, 2013 at 10:17 am

As if we don’t have enough witches in Nigeria… Off to Benin for my 12am meeting joor.. you are all invited if fear let you. Let’s be real foro nce and stop all this rubbish what good does it bring to our economy anyhus?

• Insightful November 7, 2013 at 12:53 pm

you all might as well say we are “copying the whites” by celebrating christmas.

• nawa November 7, 2013 at 8:33 pm

gbam! or let’s stop going to Church, considering Christianity was brought to Nigeria by so called “Whites”,
      @ Nnee the economy in what sense though? I mean the event organizers hired Nigerian staff, (Waiters and Servers) generating employment sooooo….