Posted on Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 at 5:09 PM

By Jennifer Obiuwevbi

Luipta Nyog'o for InStyle Magazine November 2013 - BellaNaija - November 2013005She has been hot on the Hollywood scene for some time and she doesn’t seem to be slowing down. I am talking about hot Kenyan actress Lupita Nyong’o.

After her years in the movie business and her killer role playing Patsey in the highly acclaimed film 12 Years A Slave, the “Kenyan Wonder Kid” as she is fondly called has been featured in popular American fashion magazine - InStyle Magazine‘s fashion editorial titled “Swept Away“.

The magazine described the stunning actress as “the Star of the much-buzzed-about film 12 Years A Slave,” who ”embraces the bold in a passionate mix of vibrant colours and uninhabited prints. Utterly riveting“. For the editorial Lupita rocks stunning fashion pieces from Prada, Gucci, Rochas, Dior, Suna, Missoni, J Mendel, Chanel & Reed Krakoff.

Read an excerpt from the feature tagged “Coed to Co-Star” and “Keeping it Real“.

“Just before graduating from Yale school of Drama, Lupita Nyong’o, who hails from Kenya, auditioned for the film 12 Years A Slave, based on the true story of Solomon Northup, who was kidnapped in 1841 and sold into bondage. “I had to go to an emotional place, and it was beyond hard,” says Nyong’o of her character, Patsey, an abused slave who works along Northup on a plantation. “But I felt a connection in my gut – I had to play this part.”"
“After learning that she nabbed the role, landing her alongside co-stars Brad Pitt and Micheal Fassbender, an ecstatic Nyong’o placed a (very) late night call to her family in Kenya. Her dad got the news first. “I said, Daddy, guess what? I’m going to be in a movie with Brad Pitt.”"

See the editorial below.

Luipta Nyog'o for InStyle Magazine November 2013 - BellaNaija - November 2013001 Luipta Nyog'o for InStyle Magazine November 2013 - BellaNaija - November 2013002 Luipta Nyog'o for InStyle Magazine November 2013 - BellaNaija - November 2013003 Luipta Nyog'o for InStyle Magazine November 2013 - BellaNaija - November 2013004 Luipta Nyog'o for InStyle Magazine November 2013 - BellaNaija - November 2013006 Luipta Nyog'o for InStyle Magazine November 2013 - BellaNaija - November 2013007 Luipta Nyog'o for InStyle Magazine November 2013 - BellaNaija - November 2013008
Photo Credit
Photography: Emma Tempest
Styling: Melissa Rubini
Hair: Bok-Hee
Makeup: Junko Kioka

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 37 Comments on “Get Her While She’s Haute! 12 Years A Slave Star Lupita Nyong’o is “Utterly Riveting” in InStyle Magazine’s November 2013 Fashion Editorial”

Comments
    • funmi November 19, 2013 at 5:12 PM

HAUTE BLACKY

• Shoogah November 19, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Rude…

• Hurpeyeahmie November 19, 2013 at 5:17 PM

black beauty

• frances November 19, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Black is indeed beautiful!

• Mimi November 19, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Sorry! Akon and Wizkid will say otherwise.

• SOLO ACT November 19, 2013 at 9:17 PM

eggzatly! lol! shame on those two goats! their mothers dint
          raise them well

• Cancel reply November 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Black is beautiful.

• B November 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM

HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anon November 19, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Lovely. She reminds me of Alek Wek albeit
      prettier.

• Godsluv22 November 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM

This woman is GORG……lovely skin

• Don'tcare November 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM

This is AFRICAN..wow…just WOW!

• Shoogah November 19, 2013 at 5:35 PM

She is beautiful, and played her role very well. Very good
      movie….must see!!

• Great Portland Street November 19, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Lupita baby Oku Kai! Black is beautiful jare.

• Lara November 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Q U E E N.

• Product of public Education November 19, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Whiskey n acorn…..not dere type lol

• Anita... November 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Gorg…..Yale drama school huh?…just hope they dont start type-casting her. Btw she’s giving me Alek Wek vibes….

• Lois November 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Striking beauty!

• Hausa Girl in Texas November 19, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Wow she went to Yale.
      From her untouched hair and Skin color.
      She sure is keeping it real.

• Iyke November 19, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Damn!!!!!Power of Black GOLD.
      Lupita Nyong’o, the weight and breath of YOU bleeds beyond the wealth of tears… I find my solace…my heart’s reveal…I find the whole of myself…with YOU. Nne I mara mma!
      Go Conquer!!!

• Samantha November 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Are you a poet? Those were beautiful beautiful words!
        Please submit some of your poems/writing to BN and if you don’t
        write yet you need to start, you are gifted! Can I add lupita looks
        so beautiful, looking forward to more roles from her

• Iyke November 20, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Thank you Samantha. I am indeed humbled!
          The truth is that I am graced with the embrace of ancestral voices in my head… Spirited angels that gather to keep me mentally and emotionally feed. Resolved…resolute…regimented and unflinching in their charge…their efforts on my behalf have created the foundation of my life’s rewards. Voices that supply inspiration…define aspirations and affirmation when needed…desired. Breathing new life in my own voice…giving me more than a reason of hope…to follow my heart…committed to my best self. Never giving up or failing to try…

• Salt Fyfi November 21, 2013 at 2:57 PM

wow…@ Iyke! U’re gifted no doubt..

• Iris November 19, 2013 at 8:30 PM

OOO she’s also the Shuga girl

• Charis November 19, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Pretty lady!

• Felinda November 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Here this Nollywood, she invested to attend Yale Drama school like Sanaa Lathan, Joy Bryant and Angela BAssett, and it paid off, so instead of investing in tech gadgets, shoes, horse hair and designer clothes when the majority can even articulate themselves well (as u all will say “A pair of wrist watches”, “luxurious people “REVOLVING” around world “, phonet babes), hope u will reconsider taking time off to polish your craft instead of shoving your mediocre acting down our throats, and bombarding us with red carpet poses, in hopes we may forget u CANNOT ACT. This lady, The new Hollywood IT girl did excellent in 12 slave. Love her thats shes so natural, no weave, 100% true African Beauty. Hope she at least gets an oscar nomination in 2014 oscars. Shes great.

• Felinda1 November 19, 2013 at 9:55 PM

(typo) Ehennnnnnnn, hear this ooooo Nollywood, she invested to attend Yale Drama school like Sanaa Lathan, Joy Bryant and Angela BAssett, and it paid off, so instead of investing in tech gadgets, shoes, horse hair and designer clothes when the majority can even articulate themselves well (as u all will say “A pair of wrist watches”, “luxurious people “REVOLVING” around world “, phonet babes), hope u will reconsider taking time off to polish your craft instead of shoving your mediocre acting down our throats, and bombarding us with red carpet poses, in hopes we may forget u CANNOT ACT. This lady, The new Hollywood IT girl did excellent in 12 slave. Love her thats shes so natural, no weave, 100% true African Beauty. Hope she at least gets an oscar nomination in 2014 oscars. Shes great.

• Great Portland Street November 19, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Fe linda daalu for ur comment Biko! We are luxurious people
      lool Kai! Wonders shall Neva end! It’s like they are competing on
      Instagram who has the most designer bag. Shoes etc. horn your
      skills, go for acting classes to refresh ur skills. For where! Na
      to pose for red carpet lol. Lupita rock on! Proud of you!

• Felinda1 November 19, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Oh my gosh, so I just read her profile in wikipedia and come to find out this is VERY FIRST MAJOR FILM FEATURE???, No way, seriously? I am shocked and beyond impressed. She only graduate yale drama school in 2012. This is so interesting. Whoever casted her for this role did a great job. See, its never too late to go back to school to polish your craft. Whao I still cant get over the fact that this is her first major film and she nailed it like she did. #StandingOvation Lupita

• og November 19, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Whiskey and acorn.lmfao.ur crazy…she’s amazing thou.sheesshh

• L.A Chick November 20, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Amazing Lupita!

• Tunmi November 20, 2013 at 5:31 AM

She is just beautiful

• MIZ November 20, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Beauty with brain.

• Modella November 20, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Iyke the poet of our time…

• aloelady November 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM

beautiful, graceful, elegant, talented. nuff said!

• Endowed November 21, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Ravishing!!! I saw this her talent in MTV’s Shuga and knew she would go far. Congrats to her

• JB November 27, 2013 at 5:55 PM

This girl slayyyyys!!!

• Dawn December 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM

WHAAAAATTTTTTT??!!!!!!! She has to be nominated for that Oscar come February, win so we can see her some more!