In September 2011, BellaNaija brought you an exclusive interview with an amazing young woman who was making impressive strides in the sport of Polo {f you missed it, click here to catch up}

This year, the polo champion, Neku Atawodi is being showcased on Trace Sports. The TV channel which is broadcast in over a hundred countries in Africa, Europe and South America is giving Neku a lot of international prominence.

Watch a teaser from her time in Ibiza here.

Keep refreshing BellaNaija for more on Neku with Hawaii being the next stop.

29 Comments on She’s an African Horse Whisperer! Watch the Teaser for Polo Player Neku Atawodi’s Feature on Trace TV
  • Efe November 25, 2013 at 10:41 pm

So impressive what you have achieved… African Polo
    Princess! Loves it! and you are beautiful too! I guess some do have
    it all… Johnny! xx

• Blossom November 26, 2013 at 1:35 pm

TAX PAYERS’ MONEY IN ACTION.

• Lol November 26, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I concur, in Nigeria we celebrate everyone, i am sure she is an excellent polo player, but where did the money for polo come from, all the military establishments that Air Vice Marshall Saliu Atawodi stole from, sue me.

• Jona November 27, 2013 at 10:39 am

What a dumb haterish thing to say!!! I read the last linked article, and it says how she received no financial support for her polo… It is a sad sad trait to have negativity in your heart after reading something positivity.

• angel November 27, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Maybe babe, you should to learn to read and incase you do, you should read the whole thing. I personally admire her story because she wasn’t supported by her family, and was cleaning out shit in stables. Anyway like I always say HATERS Gon HATE. HATER

• NNENNE November 26, 2013 at 4:16 am

Beautiful and brave.

• Lusty November 26, 2013 at 7:44 am

Unekwu is her name. Why has she adopted neku? It’s an igala name from kogi state

• Hurpeyeahmie November 26, 2013 at 8:17 am

wow

• Meah November 26, 2013 at 8:31 am

There’s something somewhat etheral ’bout this video; made me smile dreamily. Its always great to see young people following their dreams. God bless you Neku.

• Tony November 26, 2013 at 8:43 am

Omg, this girl has some real talent. Really representing for Nigeria.
    Wish her continued success!

• Ije November 26, 2013 at 8:47 am

Such a talented and beautiful woman. What an inspiration!
    You’re my idol, I want to be like you when I grow up.

• Tayo T November 26, 2013 at 8:50 am

This girl is smokin’ o. Pls is she single?
    I need to meet her?!

• N November 26, 2013 at 8:59 am

So passionate and unique! Can’t wait to see more!!

• Legend November 26, 2013 at 9:19 am

Great Ambassador for the sport…strong female! been a fan for the longest time and quite the eye candy…Uneku (neku for short) is a bright star!

• Working socialite November 26, 2013 at 9:33 am

Watching Uneku with a horse….any horse makes you understand why this big-hearted, anti-fashionista with the banging bod couldn’t have ended up anywhere else but at the top of her game. Her commitment to her craft speaks volumes of one who does not take what she has been given for granted. Ps Bella Naija should do an article on Ride-to-Shine (the charity run by Neku for less privileged kids in Abuja).
    Go #AbjGlobalShaper extraordinaire! Shaping the world one polo game at a time

• Skywalker November 26, 2013 at 9:34 am

There’s something wonderful about a strong woman who knows what she wants and doesn’t stop till she gets it. The world will always make way for a man/woman who knows where they’re going. Neku definitely does! Awesome job! Making Nigeria proud!!!

• muz November 26, 2013 at 9:41 am

Awesome plenty plenty, loved the soundtrack, we need more doers like her, breaking the mold

• Riroda November 26, 2013 at 9:43 am

If only this showed all the 18hr days, the disappointment and the sacrifices she made for her to get to this stage. Congratulations Neku, you have more than earned all the notoriety and the attention. All the best! May you achieve more than you ever dreamed and continue to give back an enrich the people around you. Boston Boy!

• Sola Cash November 26, 2013 at 10:58 am

Overly proud of you King Neks! Keep making us proud.

• Amanda November 26, 2013 at 11:00 am

Well done our very own Abuja Global Shaper! Way to go; the sky is truly your limit.

• Angel November 26, 2013 at 11:28 am

Beautiful in every sense, she’s beautiful, the horses are beautiful everything about this video is beautiful. I hope to meet her one day as she is such an inspiration. I’m such a huge fan. And it’s amazing to have such a talented and beautiful person represent Nigeria and Africa as the first black professional Polo player. #proudtobeafrican

• GROW November 26, 2013 at 11:31 am

Woooow she knows how to work a horse and such amazing stick work. What is her handicap? I think I’m in love

• Shina November 26, 2013 at 1:43 pm

This is such an amazing and inspirational video. You’re
    truly a star, a visionary and my role model. I’m proud of you
    “golden heart”…you know how we do. #Priceless

• Zara November 26, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Proud of my cousin. Truly an inspiration. Polo superstar, equestrian extraordinaire! Much love. Always a huge fan! ❤️

• o-access JAMAICA November 26, 2013 at 3:42 pm

We love Uneku! We can’t wait to see her back again in Jamaica!!
    She is inspiring. One Love … oDessa.

• Aa November 26, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Enjoyed the video keep it up.

• Missy November 26, 2013 at 6:21 pm

This is very admirable and truly inspiring!!! It is great to see people excelling in what they are most passionate about. Keep soaring! I am definitely a fan!

• Habiba November 26, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Love Neku. Everyone should support her talent and her hardwork. She does it like no other! So very proud of her! Habiba

• G! November 27, 2013 at 10:56 pm

You are daring to be different, daring to be more. I am inspired. Keep up the good work, Neku! By the way, I want a stallion and my sister would appreciate a pony, can u fix that?