Capes are enjoying a reemergence right now.
BellaNaija Style is especially smitten with the caped jumpsuits which various celebrities wore during the holiday season.
Moving on from jumpsuits, capes are a perfect was to give a formal look, a stylishly funky edge.
Coincidentally, superstar actresses Genevieve Nnaji and Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde recently showed their interpretations of the cape trend.

Omotola wore a camel-hued cape jacket paired with a pink skirt and blush top for the final closing ceremony of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Omotola Cape

Genevieve wore a chic black and white modern shirt set with a caped jacket for a reception with IMF boss Christine Lagarde.
Genevieve CapeBoth so lovely.

47 Comments on Nigeria’s Leading Ladies Genevieve Nnaji & Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde rock the Cape Trend
  • PD Young Billionaire January 9, 2016 at 12:18 am

• Uju January 9, 2016 at 12:47 am

Genevieve is da boss lady!!!! ?
    Omosexxy!!!! You too much!!

• bim January 9, 2016 at 12:51 am

chai bellanaija wants to start wwiii with this one

• mary January 9, 2016 at 12:56 am

Genny is a definition of class, she is a fashionista, no matter how simple an outfit is, even if it is jeans, she brings out the beauty in it.

• SkyPrince January 9, 2016 at 1:05 am

• Jenny Okris January 9, 2016 at 1:17 am

My Gene, wowzers. You freaking rock that outfit like no other. Omosexy did you gain weight?

• ATL’s finest January 9, 2016 at 1:35 am

Gene did great with it. BN u wan start wahala ohh . Besides, we need to let cape rest abeg

• esta January 9, 2016 at 2:35 am

there is just something about this woman Gene. ..that sets her apart. She oozes so much class.Hate her or love her u just can’t deny that.

• Dolly January 9, 2016 at 3:00 am

Omotola looks effortlessly elegant, she has that beauty that transcends tribe & class but with that edge of fierceness like “I know it’s nice to meet me”……lol Genny looks good too

• linda January 9, 2016 at 4:25 am

Slay on Queen Genny. Slay on!

• Rekiya January 9, 2016 at 7:43 am

Omosexyyyyyyyy. Classy and still the boss. Love you

• Style101 January 9, 2016 at 7:48 am

They both look good. Two different personalities. Omotola wore hers first and it was for a morning event. Genevieve wore hers a few days ago for an evening event so that means different interpretations. I love the risqué and fun twist omotola gave hers. It’s light and interesting.

• swe January 9, 2016 at 10:45 am

Risqué??? Do u even know what risqué means?

• Sandra January 9, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Buhahahahaaha swe why evils na. You for Just waka pass like everyone else

• Concerned woman January 9, 2016 at 8:10 am

Dear bellanaija you need to stop this! You know you want this to be a comparison war or something.
    What else does my dear genny do other than look good? She had a daughter ages ago and has NO OTHER COMMITMENT.she has all the time to only look good. You want to comare that to a mother of 4 who still has a home to attend to and all and still always manages to look hot? I’m a married woman with 2’kids and I know what this means!
    Omotola you are a ROLE MODEL to manyyyyyy women and you are a well rounded woman who looks graceful. That’s all that matters. If you ever read this , I hope you see what millions see and not minority, we do not see competition we see Excellence in you.

• nene+ January 9, 2016 at 10:39 am

I feel you @concerned woman! Its not easy to do all the exfoliating,polishing,soaking,masking …………of skin as a married woman. Sometimes my expensive beauty routine brands expire when i haven’t used a quarter. hmmmm waking up with my cucumber slices meant for my face by my bed side is a reality.

However i will not loose my sleep for any of these gorgeous women. They both understand each other.

Genny knows Omo T is naturally a ravishing beauty.
      Omotola knows that Genny can dedicate time and nurture her beauty.

For both cape dresses i hope we are not choosing faves? because both women look good.

• smh January 9, 2016 at 10:46 am

What is this one yarning??

• Africhic January 9, 2016 at 10:58 am

Why does it have to be comparison!? Can’t we appreciate both. Why can’t I like 1 without it meaning I don’t like the other. Why are we comparing responsibilities or number of children. ……,,,.WTH

• Gozie’s Queen January 9, 2016 at 12:10 pm

@concerned woman you have said it all oh. Omosexy is classy , interesting and hot. I’m not even sure what genny wore is a cape it looks like a jacket thrown over to me however, she looks good but always too safe and boring. I’ve seen this look many times. Switch it up! Omotola dresses for a lady and plays with colors and cuts and like concerned woman said, I have to give it to Omosexy. Staying on top of your game despite going to a maternity ward 4 times and bouncing back is not a joke. You is in a class by yourself mam.

• Squad January 9, 2016 at 12:26 pm

God bless u…when u see these other actresses showcasing bags, houses, cars and pple re like wat of omotola. Do u knw how much investement it takes in 4 kids in which three are already in the univeristy abroad. She has her priorities right to be honest. Thats why when pple say she doesnt slap bla bla tbh she didnt care…its now she even listened when money for stylist can be one of the kids allowance .

• George January 9, 2016 at 12:39 pm

All dis talk up and down is not necessary, if it’s a post to compare, Genevieve wore it better point blank…marriage or not single or not means nothing, cuz there are married women with 6 children without Omotola money who are hotter and sexy

• Frida January 9, 2016 at 3:05 pm

You’re doing EXACTLY what you’re complaining about- COMPARING.

Complement both of them and move on abeg.

• Uc Gist January 9, 2016 at 8:40 am

Love the both ladies, wish I can marry their daughters

• Ba January 9, 2016 at 9:10 am

love me Genny. You’re the definition of my kind.

• Wunmi January 9, 2016 at 10:08 am

Genevieve oozes class!!!? slay on my style icon??

• Kam January 9, 2016 at 10:28 am

Haba Bella Naija…! You should have just given Genevieve her space to shine…!! You Featured Omotola d Oda day… Why compare d two today..? Lol…Gene did it for me….!!!

• John Fred Ac January 9, 2016 at 10:36 am

What can I possibly say to qualify d ever elegant omosexzy. U are a great role model to many, ever outstanding to womanhood. Genny also an ever beautiful and young slim Damsel. Keep it up. Lv uuuu

• nike January 9, 2016 at 11:01 am

omotola killed it

• Squad January 9, 2016 at 12:22 pm

omOtola u better slay!!! That fringe, the hairstylist on point!! Just looking like a queen. Too much confidence in one woman!

• Uber bella January 9, 2016 at 12:22 pm

They both look awesome, though I’ll rather prefer Genny’s look.

• George January 9, 2016 at 12:31 pm

The more popular killed it!!!

• Ada January 9, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Jeez Nigerians,can we all just stop the comparisons? These women are very good friends and close. Stop creating enimity where there is none.Haba!!! As slaying women they are,they happened to have the same taste in fashion and rocked the same look almost at the same time and were feautured by BellaNaija,but we have decided to start comparing. Shuu!! @concerned woman,i’m sure you know Genny is also a mother.What is the comment abt having nothing but time to dedicate to looking good supposed to mean? Wrong on all levels. OmoT doesn’t have toddlers at home,so making it seem like she has lil children running around,yet still looks good and Genny just having nothing but time, isn’t right. For raising four (4) good kids,thumbs up OmoT. Not down playing your role. Btw @John,they are both age mates.These women are both effortless and know how to come out tops. Just praise there looks and move right along. OmoT,Genny, you both are gorgeous ladies. Slaying all day, everyday

• Iya risika January 9, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Dear Ada , yes a woman with even teenage kids and 4 has more issues than with toddlers and I’m sure the point concerned woman was saying is she also has a home as in husband and all to still attend to meaning she probably doesn’t have time to think of looks only like a granny who has no one to answer to since her kid should be in her 20s and an aldult herself. Valid point I must say. Point however is no one looks bad among the two . They both looked good but like concerned woman was trying to say, stop pitching them together !!! Bellanaija can not pretend this is an innocent post. That’s what we are saying Biko .

• prince January 9, 2016 at 1:10 pm

Both women looked great. BUT!!! I love the way Omosexy mixed the color plus she’s elegant, She’s got the height, looks and a hips to die for. sexiness goes beyond just having a nice face, OMOSEXY is just in a class of her own. Having those grown up children and still looking this hot and relevant no be moi-moi

• @edDREAMZ January 9, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Omotola killed that dress for me though…

• Amh January 9, 2016 at 1:33 pm

Omotola epitome of class grace poise and beauty. Shes a class act and a role model. Gorgeous and sexy in all manners. A well rounded woman with grown kids. Lovely hubby. Career . Charity work. And still looks hot. Kudos to the beautiful one.

• Caroline January 9, 2016 at 2:06 pm

I love omotola’s take on it better. It’s more interesting and can fit into any occasion.

• nene January 9, 2016 at 2:07 pm

as much as i love omotola, genevieve’s outfit looks better, the colour blocking of omotola’s outfit just looks weird, but i hate this new cape trend.

• nellysneh January 9, 2016 at 2:32 pm

My queen genny nailed the it……. love omosexy colour tho.

• robby January 9, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Na wa o bellanaijarians!!! I no see where the article ask una to compare the two!!!!all this long suffering married women with kids, abeg who send una??? Why go from looking good to comparing the fact that Gene is not married but had a kid years ago and Omo T is married with four kids?????? Omo T is a full woman who loves been curvy, how e take affect una wey dey form science is discovery on her weight??? She loves how she looks. Gene is an effortless beautiful woman and her beauty is her confidence and not just her style. Both woman wore the outfit well,both women are leaders/role models and both women really don’t give a rats ASD what you guys think of them…kapish!!!!!

• Toya January 9, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Come on pple. This trend is soooo 2015. #late

• nene January 9, 2016 at 8:37 pm

just read some hot gist on genevieve. if this is true.then it explains a lot of things.smh

• Kirussa January 10, 2016 at 4:07 pm

@nene what’s the gist . Abeg download now? Lol

• Nonso January 9, 2016 at 8:39 pm

Genevive Nwa! Keep slaying… I love u

• anonymous January 9, 2016 at 11:26 pm

GENEVIEVE!!! You make fake look good!!! Queen G!! You look amazing

• Iknowitall January 10, 2016 at 2:00 pm

No one who doesn’t like good thing. I advice other women to borrow a leaf from these truly smashing women. they both radiate examples that all women should strive to emulate, esp the yet to be mothers who felt being a mother is a license to look unkempt. Genny has always been a lady that I admire all the time. I wish them both well

• Clara January 10, 2016 at 11:58 pm

Omotola !!! 20 years in entertainment and still a classic . Love love love you! You’re a great inspiration!!!!!