Tiwa Savage shares Cute Story about her Son Jamil’s “First Words”

Tiwa Savage is fully embracing her new life as a mother.
The superstar musician who recently hit the 1 million follower mark on Instagram, shared this cute story about her son Jamil Balogun‘s first words.
Tiwa Savage Jamil Balogun

Good Morning yummy mummies as most people are starting their day, we’ve probably been up for a few hours now as babies know how to interrupt our beauty sleep but that’s ok because we love them more than anything. Anyhow Jamil is 6 months now and this morning I thought I heard him trying to say DaDa, Ahhhhh ?? I just quickly started saying MaMa MaMa MaMa before my husband heard, I mean I carried you for how many months, you come resemble your papa, now you wan come say daddy name first. Rara o, I go do ojoro LOL ????? but all jokes apart every new stage with your baby is so amazing, from first smile to first words to first steps. What was your babies first words #Momsknowbest #JamilLovesPampers #HisSoftHairLikeHisGrandPa #AndHisDadTooActually ❤️

35 Comments on Tiwa Savage shares Cute Story about her Son Jamil’s “First Words”
  • ATL’s finest January 29, 2016 at 8:59 am

Lol @ Rara o! Over to U my lovely BN-fam

• wasek January 29, 2016 at 9:27 am

Lol tiwa plssss don’t allow him ooo. He must say doro diva first

• Rude gal January 29, 2016 at 9:29 am

It really amazes me how u & ur hubby were pulling a “Jay-Z-beyoncé” on us initially and now u want us to know everything detail. Who u epp???

• Babym January 29, 2016 at 10:16 am

Abeg let it go joor! How long will u lot keep going on about that????? It’s tiring abeg. They showed their baby when they were good and ready! I really fail to see what d crime is. Na waya o

• Bananabinta January 29, 2016 at 9:31 am

Who gives a crap? This chick is overrated

• adelegirl January 29, 2016 at 9:36 am

Lol! I can so relate. My bambino is 4months and looks exactly like his dad. I am not really pained though even though I feign annoyance at this. I got what I prayed for – I wanted my son to look like his dad and he does. But, he MUST say “Ma Ma” first o. Those must be his first words. He should not say “Da Da” first please. I am the one that does most of the sleepless nights with breastfeeding on demand and I am his primary caregiver. But I am lowkey thinking he may say “Da Da” first. He has a special bond with his dad – the way his eyes light up and he breaks into the widest toothless grin wen he sees his dad and I have heard that scientifically it is easier for them to pronounce D than M. Oh well at the end of the day, a healthy, well loved baby is what we pray for.

• Babym January 29, 2016 at 10:20 am

Lool we r in exactly the same boat girl! The way my bubba smiles at his dad when he comes home, he even had his first laugh out loud moment with his dad, and im like eheeennn dis pikin don see me finish lol, but yeah ur right, i wont have it any other way, its so heart warming to watch them bond 🙂

• Matilda January 29, 2016 at 1:38 pm

Awwwww @babym you and @adelegirl make me just want to have a baby so I can call him ‘bambino’ and ‘bubba’ … too cute!!!! I waaaannnnnttttt….. but first I need a husband… but before then I garra get a boyfriend…. and for that to happen I have to meet someone first abi??? ahhhhhh somebody epp me

• X January 29, 2016 at 11:25 am

Eyaa! Da da is normally easier for babies to say than Ma ma. Stay strong

• Mama Saffron January 29, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Aaaaaaaaw, i know right. Saffron already has her father wrapped around her little finger, it’s not funny. This child has seen me finish. It doesn’t help that my husband is a baby hugger like you won’t believe. As soon as he his home, no one is allowed to carry her again, even doing the diapers and feeding. Like you will hear any arguments from me. I’ve been doing it all day while you have had intelligent adult conversation, take over all you can, so i can wash my hair and chat with my girlfriends too. She is the spitting image of me, but for her skin and eyes you can be deceived that she looks like him, or that is what he keeps telling himself that she does. I sit there roll my eyes and go Bros, just because she is yellow yellow, your eyes are playing tricks on you. I carried her for 9 months+, went through hell to get her born, who should she look like before but even if she looked like his dead grandfather, who cares. da da is easier for babies to say than Ma Ma, so I’ve lost hope on that one. My only target plan is for her to speak at least 1 nigerian language,, then we can gist while her father watches and has no idea what we are saying. ultimate payback. hehehehe

• Doc January 29, 2016 at 5:32 pm

FYI a child saying Da da first is the normal developmental milestone because the d consonant is easier than the m. So it has nothing to do with you mommies or who the baby acknowledges more…..what do they care as long as they get their milk lol! Dada, baba, Gaga will come before mama…sorry :)…… I’m a pediatrician btw

• Mz Titilitious January 29, 2016 at 9:37 am

hmmmm nice

• jesbadoma January 29, 2016 at 9:44 am

Dada or Mama, we just love to hear our babies say their first words. Just so cute!

• confirm from mother of 2 January 29, 2016 at 9:50 am

Your son will change his look like 3 times before his first birthday. Its after 18mths you can actual know who he look like.

• Sandy January 29, 2016 at 10:33 am

Photoshopped!!

• Josephine January 29, 2016 at 10:40 am

I think all babies say dada before mama. The “d” sound is easier to form than “m”.

• Kay January 29, 2016 at 10:42 am

Awwwn .. So cute

• pelu January 29, 2016 at 11:07 am

Cross check your English before you post. It is “what WERE your baby’s first words” and not “what WAS…..” Singular and Plural rules

• Austar January 29, 2016 at 11:24 am

Oversabi!!!! Didn’t you see that “words” are plural and not singular. The reason for “were”. You should go back to school

• pelu January 30, 2016 at 9:40 am

@Austar, have a look at her post and you will see that she posted WAS and I corrected it to WERE!!

• prince January 29, 2016 at 11:36 am

The joy that comes with been a parents cannot be describe with words. I know how Tiwa is feeling. she feels fulfilled right now and I’m extremely excited for her and Jamil. Keep doing with you’re doing gal. you gat it and with God on your side. #it’sspreadingthings #unstoppableprogress

• olufunmi January 29, 2016 at 12:03 pm

@ PELU get a life, English teacher. Miss perfect, I assume you have never made a mistake in your life.

• dex January 29, 2016 at 12:03 pm

“Pelu” abeg easy, it’s too early.it could be a mistake

• apurapuraw January 29, 2016 at 12:12 pm

I believe the boy is rite,Dad does the most difficult job in the process of making the baby

• Jen January 29, 2016 at 12:34 pm

My son will be 2 in April and he doesn’t even say mama or dada!!! I am really really worried..he’s not even talking!!!

• terrany January 29, 2016 at 12:48 pm

Don’t be worried my daughter is 2 yrs 4 mths. She just started pronouncing two syllabi. He may have sppech delay . buy age appropriate books, let him touch the pictures pronounce it for him, if he wants somethinh ask him to pronunce it. Lastly if you can let him see speech therapist

• goldfinch January 29, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Same was the case with my junior brother. My parents said he had the slowest development amongst all of us. He started walking very late, he also started talking very late. They took him for checks but no reason was stated. The doctors just said that they should be patient. I remember seeing my mum cry when he said his first words but I didn’t understand why she was crying.

Today, my brother is probably the smartest person I have ever known in my life. So kind, so sharp, he’s like my best friend. I tell him everything because he always knows the right words to say. He recently graduated with a First class in engineering.

You can take your son for medical checks if you are really worried but don’t fret, all will be well! There is nothing wrong with your son.

• P January 29, 2016 at 1:31 pm

Hi Jen,

First of all, sure everything is fine and he will start talking soon. However, you may need to take some steps. All should be done at the same time.

1. Pray
      Put the matter to God and he will perfect it all

2. Take him for a hearing test
      Some children have fluid and may need tubes to clear it. Impaired hearing can cause speech delays.

3. See a child development expert or a specialist pediatrician
      Let them do an assessment and advice next steps

4. Speak to him often, get educational tools, books, audio etc…

Hugs!

• dupsy January 30, 2016 at 2:50 am

Hi Jen,

It is better to get him to see a speech and language therapist as early as you can so that they can run some tests and monitor him. He might be having speech delay or he might not have but research shows that the earlier this is detected the more likelihood it can be treated and sometimes eradicated in later years.

• jhennique February 1, 2016 at 1:51 pm

First child?? Dont be worried. It happens

• Mohammad January 29, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Auster aṣière! Ka nkan ti Pelu kọ l’ẹẹkan si, ki o to ma pariwo.

• Mama Saffron January 29, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Some babies develop slower than others, but if at two he has no speech at all, i think you should get him checked out by a doctor, if for nothing but to allay your fears, and if something is truly wrong, the earlier they notice it, the better. All the very best.

• Aderonke January 29, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Dear, nothing to fear . Some kids delay in their speaking. Just to be on the safe side get a speech therapist for him. And always encourage him to say what he wants. And try let him interact more with people than TV and games. Don’t get worked up. He will fine. It is well.