Olajumoke Orisaguna and her husband Sunday at Sujimoto 1Breakout model Olajumoke Orisaguna and her husband, Sunday openly discussed the hot topic of their six-year marriage blessed with two daughters in Encomium ‘s new issue.

On her marriage, Encomium asked, “Now that things are better for you, how do you intend keeping your marriage?” – she replied saying,

I cannot leave my husband. He too cannot leave me because we love each other. My marriage will remain intact by God’s grace. And God will also help me to continue to be level-headed.

Sunday was asked how him and Jumoke met, why she moved to Lagos with their 16 month-old daughter, and how he feels about her newfound fame.

Encomium: How do you feel today?
Sunday: I am very happy. I never expected it. I didn’t know things will turn around for us this soon. I wasn’t expecting it. I cannot express how I feel today. I didn’t know we can get to where we are today. From the time I was born till now. It is overwhelming. I didn’t ever envisage such a great thing. I didn’t know we can ever get here.

What actually happened, why did your wife come over to Lagos and you didn’t come with her?
I live in Ire, Osun state. We were living together there before she came over to Lagos. Ire Poly went on strike early in the year. Because of that, things were a bit slow. There were no sales. I am an artisan. I make aluminum doors and windows. She is a hairdresser.

Students patronized her a lot, but once there is strike, sales will be on a low scale. She decided to come over to Lagos and find something doing. She didn’t have it in mind to do a particular business. She just said when she comes over, she will get any profitable venture she can engage in. it was when she got to Lagos she called to tell me that she was selling bread. She left our first child, Grace at home. She said the small one will not stay because she is a baby. We communicated very well. There is no problem. We agreed she should come over.

Now that she is in Lagos, are you also coming over?
Yes, that is what we are praying for. We need to relocate. We need accommodation and every other thing. Lagos is not an easy place. We didn’t know we would get a house. We don’t know how far it is from the house and her work place. You have to consider the traffic and everything. Unless one has a personal car we can use to drive her to work so that she wouldn’t be late for work. I will go back home to bring my other daughter so that we can all come over to Lagos.

Do you like the work your wife is doing?
Yes, I like it. I am really excited about it.

Do you feel threatened that she is now famous and has gone ahead of you?
I am not afraid because when we had nothing, she was always there. If I said I needed this, she would give me. I am not afraid. If she is rich today, we both own it. I trust her for that. She has been a very good wife. I believe she will continue to be good.

How did your path and hers cross?
She came to greet her grandma in my area some years back. She came from Lagos. She went to her mother’s younger sister, who introduced her to hairdressing. I used to go to where she was learning hairdressing to toast her but she insisted that she came to learn hairdressing and not to befriend a man.

I used to go there often and after six months, she said yes, that was how it all started.

Click here for Olajumoke’s full interview, and here for Sunday’s.

49 Comments on “If she is rich today, we both own it” – Olajumoke & Sunday Orisaguna Talk about their Marriage in New Encomium Interview
  • You like fuelling trouble February 24, 2016 at 2:12 pm

What is wrong with a simple interview?
    What is the big deal about your own caption (if she is rich today we both own it)
    You people like fuelling crisis
    You know your feminist audience will definitely dissect this into different views- neglecting the perspective of the interviewee.

You people are angry at men, yet you wont stop praying for husbands and bfs
    i tire for una o

• C February 24, 2016 at 2:42 pm

It irks me that somebody with access to the Internet doesn’t have the ability to google “feminism” and understand the meaning of the word. Please shut up about it if you don’t know what it means
      A woman hating men doesn’t mean she’s a feminist
      A woman wanting to get married doesn’t mean she’s NOT a feminist
      A feminist can be a housewife who loves cooking or an unmarried career woman.
      I hate it when people polarise women because they pretend not to understand why women are upset and angry about how they are treated in society.

A feminist is someone who knows that the biological makeup of men and women is different but shouldn’t stop them from having equal socioeconomic opportunities and doesn’t put one at advantage or disadvantage because of their gender.

Will some people find Jumoke’s husband’s statement worrying? YES. Because we have more than enough evidence to back up the fear that Nigerian men tend to be raised to be enabled, abusive, bullies and with huge egos. If it upsets you so much, move to Linda’s blog where you can find likeminded readers.

• Angry feminista baby February 24, 2016 at 3:10 pm

I was loving your comment and nodding vigorously until you mentioned Linda’s blog with disdain. I must tell you that you’re an idiot for that. But yes to every other part of the comment.

• LookAtu February 24, 2016 at 3:38 pm

So for all your feminist long speech,u had to bring Linda down. Bullyin does not even begin to describe you. Feminist my two left leg, be angry, continue in anger until there’s no more room in your heare for compassion. Nonsense and ingredients, gerraotahere mehnn!
        Go and start your own blog and moderate comments, don’t you ever troll on people’s Co, mental with a moniker forming intellectual. Linda Ikeji the world knows, BN well known, who are u again? C

• keke driver February 24, 2016 at 3:39 pm

You sound educated but VERY shallow minded……God help you.

• keke driver February 24, 2016 at 3:39 pm

@ C

• golden February 25, 2016 at 1:48 pm

I pray for God protection and wisdom for them in able to manage their wealth and marriage… simple

• ALPHA MALE March 1, 2016 at 11:05 am

Being angry at some irresponsible men who bully women and take advantage of them wouldn’t help you my dear.
        There are bad people in every strata of life; male, female, white, black, Hispanic. …….and the list goes on. But that doesn’t stop us from interacting with people neither has accidents stopped people from driving all the same.
        However, nursing grudges till the point of cynicism blinds our dear ladies (mostly, not all) to the quality brothers out there (and yes, they do exist).
        As the Chinese proverb says; “one usually finds his destiny on the path to avoiding it”. If you think Nigerian men are as bad as you say here, you may as well go to Mars to get yours. Cos I hate to break it to you, there are equal measures of bad and good men all over the world. A negative mentality would always attract the negative while the positive and well informed mind would definitely attract awesomeness!

• Olu February 24, 2016 at 2:58 pm

That’s social media for you.
      As long as such titles generation any kinda reaction out of you, things will not change.

• Charles February 24, 2016 at 3:03 pm

You dey mind them? Soon the “bitter souls” who have scores to settle with “Nigerian men” will swam here and drop nauseating comments as any opportunity to fuel the over beat feminist agenda, is gladly and wildly latched unto by them

• Engoz February 24, 2016 at 7:08 pm

I guess the fear of the feminist is the beginning of wisdom or rather the lack thereof. Dude or dudette, there’s no need to fear. One would expect that both wife and husband share whatever they own in marriage, unless they prefer a different dynamic. So there is no need shivering in fright at the mere thought of a headline. Feminists are not as illogical as you.

• chi-e-z February 24, 2016 at 2:19 pm

what kind of stupid queshion is this => Do you feel threatened that she is now famous and has gone ahead of you? … h#ll she got a modeling break great why are you trying to break marriage and insinuate things[got ahead or abottom kwany oloshi]. geez some people should never give interviews it really just shows how shallow/stupid they’re than who the interviewee is. can yall just leave this woman to work without trying her personal life up.

• MAN February 24, 2016 at 2:20 pm

Almight God shall keep ur home, There shall be no break up IJN. That light which you’ve shone and made us who lost hope regain consciousness in God, shall not go dim. It shall grow beyond the shores of Africa. Your wealth shall amgnimously increase beyond ur wildest dream. The Lord shall safeguard ur assets and He shall protect you and your owners and well wishers. This story is very inspiring. Go and Shine!!!!

• MAN February 24, 2016 at 2:21 pm

• Olu February 24, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Two shall become ONE.
    You both own everything …not 50-50.
    You were ONE when you had nothing. You will still be ONE when you have something.
    You both have made sacrifices – she came to lagos with the younger daughter to look for more money …and he stayed in Iree with the elder daughter while trying to look for business – a trained technician.
    No evil shall befall you both. No lagos big man or woman will come in-between you. No job or business will divide you.
    No (social) media will separate you.

This is my prayer for you and your family.

• Ada Nnewi February 24, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Amen…. now these two understand what marriage is about….

• adelegirl February 26, 2016 at 9:54 am

Rooting for these two – the latest celebrity couple in town. Your marriage will not go the way of fallen celebrity marriages but will be protected by God’s grace which has brought you to this point. E su o ni yaa yin, l’oruko Jesu.

• Udegbunam Chukwudi February 24, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Aaaaw. No drama here….hopefully e no go ever dey.

• hmmmm February 24, 2016 at 2:41 pm

God bless your home.. I believe one person can be a star in a family,and God chose Olajumoke. It’s well with the both of you ,you both shall never want ????

• Tunmi February 24, 2016 at 2:47 pm

I like his answers. I like her answers too. The tone indicates one of cooperation and partnership. He’s an artisan, cool

• Nita February 24, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Arrrgh.. are we still on Olajumoke??

• Meme February 24, 2016 at 6:04 pm

yes we are.

• Celeste February 26, 2016 at 10:29 am

@ Nita
      Let Olajumoke enjoy every bit of her God given success. We are never tired of her good news because we are happy for her. You should be too.

• Californiabawlar February 24, 2016 at 3:00 pm

I hope he gets himself an education and starts a lucrative business they can both co-own as a side hustle.
    I would say the same thing if tables were turned, cos if the wife stays a loki, hmmmn, he would get distracted by all ‘these lagos girls’ and their imported accents…so she would have to up her game too…

I just genuinely hope they are truly in love, and he is a good man and vice versa, as it is possible that they were just patching things up before. Well, if that was the case, and I were her, I’ll be chucking the dueuce at the next eff up… I ain’t about that life!

• T February 24, 2016 at 3:07 pm

‘If I said I needed this, she would give me’ I hope you give her too when she asks you oooohh, I wish you and Olajumoke all the happiness and satisfaction in life and marriage. amen.

• naijamess February 24, 2016 at 3:42 pm

When i ask anything she gives it to me, please look for something to do instead of waiting for her to give you things, that how Nigerian men start using thier women as slaves.

• Ada Nnewi February 24, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Na wa ohhhh… what is wrong with a husband asking his wife for something

• fan February 24, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Aah Sunny the Lord says he who finds a wife has found a good thing and obtain favour from the lord.I think is happening.

• Anon February 24, 2016 at 4:32 pm

I believe they will be fine. If the tables were turned, the man will upgrade later to a trophy wife. Stories abound of such.

• Nonye February 24, 2016 at 4:52 pm

“We don’t know how far it is from the house and her work place. You have to consider the traffic and everything. Unless one has a personal car we can use to drive her to work so that she wouldn’t be late for work. ”

So after modelling job and becoming brand ambassador, luxury house in Lekki, car is the next thing o!!! I see you…lol. Innoson, Hyundai, Kia, Peugeot, where una dey?

• bebe February 25, 2016 at 8:41 am

I clapped my hands like the market woman I am when I read that statement. Geez!! so the people that are using public transport are what. Bros is using style to ask for car

• The Bull February 24, 2016 at 5:27 pm

lol oga google what Feminism means, it is a broad movement , not an over-beat agenda and it is not going anywhere anytime soon(been here since the 60s). Nigerians can be soo ignorant and confident at the same time but please do yourself a favor and read something for once.

• Honeycrown February 24, 2016 at 5:40 pm

When I was reading, I don’t understand why I was trying to read/translate the interview back to Yoruba in my head ??? In the end, I couldn’t even focus.
    The media should give this family some space, please.

• prince February 24, 2016 at 5:41 pm

She looks cool and calm to me. Its only a woman that truly loves her husband that would think of how to improve the family knowing that things are not going on well.
    God ordered her steps to Lagos and place her where she is today. I’m glad they love each other because that’s the main thing.

• Owen February 24, 2016 at 5:57 pm

My guy, you have to upgrade in other to keep her

• Ona February 24, 2016 at 6:00 pm

Lol i like how the man is stylishly asking for a car now that job and apartment is in order. Ngwa Innoson nwamama, Over toh u.

• Mr. Egghead February 24, 2016 at 6:39 pm

I honestly didn’t read the article. I only came for the comments. I knew Bella’s headline would start another “he vs. she” debate.
    Stop it, Bella!!!
    This “women can piss standing up” thing don tire me

• Nahum February 24, 2016 at 10:32 pm

Eggy beke, oya go and dont visit this blog again na. Or did we feminists drag you here against your will? Eggym! Eggy beke!!

• Tobigirl February 26, 2016 at 11:26 am

Hi Nahum, are you a guy and are you single? You seem interesting…

• timmyblast February 24, 2016 at 7:31 pm

Marriage is a union, mean its concatenation and not mixtures. By the way what happened to divorce..

• timmyblast February 24, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Abeg post my comment

• Sharon February 24, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Good Man!!!!

• ‘Diddie February 24, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Did you guys read the part of how their parts crossed? That was funny….

• Ty February 25, 2016 at 2:12 am

No!!! He tried it” in my Tamar Braxton’s voice. She should only invest in him and keep her money. Men are not to be trusted.

• jhennique February 25, 2016 at 10:15 am

They shud sha help this man to get his hands on something otherwise it will may not turn out well. We all know how money changes people……………im just saying

• M& February 25, 2016 at 10:34 am

I’m happy for them but my own issue is ‘sustainability’! Whatever you do has to be sustainable. They should not forget to tell her that modelling has time limit to it, she may be doing it for some years but she and the husband still need something else to fall back to. she should not forget to invest some of what she makes now into something else, maybe education or another business venture, for the future, for the rainy day! And the husband should up his game, the aluminium business is quite lucrative in Lagos so he should get into it and not wait for his wife and her new found fame to finance everything!

• Adambano February 25, 2016 at 7:13 pm

……and after six months she said yes. Why do I feel that these twoo are not married in anyway. After six months she said yes and you started shining the combo then moved in together and started *borning*. This is prevalent in that part of the world especially among low lifes. I hope everyone will be smart to get the message of these whole olajumokes supposed transition. yes because she is not there yet no matter the new glamour and social media buzz and noise. She is still a complete Mgbeke and this can never be wished away. Everything has a process. No level can be jumped. She can’t handle it and the media will do what it knows best, take advantage of her. Back to the message– there are a lot of olajumoke around us, we come in contact with them everyday. From our househelps to the girl that washes the toilet in out offices, to that girl in the restaraunt that washes plate. Given the same socio-economic opportunities will realise her full pootentials. We must not always wait for a ty bello to discover them. Help someone become someone today. Invest in an olajumoke

• Fleur February 26, 2016 at 5:05 am

you are man. such vitriol. sigh. be joyful for her, even for a minute.