A couple of weeks ago British-Nigerian rapper Tinie Tempah was in Nigeria and he teamed up with famed photographer TY Bello for a photo shoot for ThisDay Style magazine.

The shoot was unique as it was done on the streets of Lagos. The photos have now been released and TY Bello is also sharing the inspiration behind using the streets of Lagos for a photo shoot.

Read below.

…. Oga Tinie.. Disturbing Lagos Keh ..? You sure ? my hand no dey o.. We no dey do that kine ruff play for here o.

I’ve photographed so many international celebrities in this town.. From Beyonce to Arnold Schwarzenegger … I was looking through my archives the other day and said to my self .. Never again..! Never in some fancy hotel room that could have been anywhere else on the planet . There’s no where like Lagos and If they ever cross my path again I’ll drag them out to where they can touch and feel My Lagos . .. And fall in love with it.

So of course when I was asked to meet up with @tiniegram at his hotel I was like ..Lai-Lai!! Abeg bring the man to Yaba and let’s shoot this something !

I love lagos ..I won’t lie .. The streets are a literal Photographer’s paradise .. Every where you turn there’s a story waiting to be told .., textures waiting to be shot and characters waiting to be explored ..it’s hard for me to make a bad picture when my spirit is really open on the steets ..I can just stand there and magic walks into my frame .

The beautiful bread seller in the red dress in one of my edits for instance ..You know her Abi?.. That one that every one on the street wants to marry .. She’s fine and she knows it. its all over how she walks and I know you’ve seen her before .

She walked onto our set and magic happened ..it wasn’t planned at all ..I didn’t even know I nailed the narrative until I edited a few days later .

Someone accused me of dragging @tiniegram on the streets ..That I should have taken him to somewhere ‘prettier ‘… My response : So you haven’t heard …?The street is where it’s happening o.. You haven’t seen pretty till you’ve seen the sun set in the quiet corners of Surulere ..You’re missing out on a unique love vibe if you haven’t taken her for a walk in railway compound..And if you only exist where freshly baked, steamy Agege bread is completely out of reach .. You may have to consider reorganizing it all.. I mean …What’s the point!#tybellophotography #photostories#thisdaystyle #tinietempah #lagos#streetstitakeover #mrmattewsworshop#okunorentwins @thisdaystyle

See the photos below.

7 5 4 3 1 2

When asked about the lady in red selling bread in one of the shots, TY Bello replied “BEATIFULX : WHO IS SHE.Every one has been asking if this lady is a model .. It was just perfect coincidence … She just happened to be walking by while I photographed . It happened so fast .She definitely SHOULD be a model. .. I’m happy to help her build a portfolio if she’s interested .She’s so beautiful and photographed so well. I’ll find a way to track her down somehow . You guys can also help #lagos #doesanyonerecognizeher #okunorentwins #tinietempah @thisdaystyle #lagos #phaseone

14 Comments on TY Bello shares her Inspiration behind those Tinie Tempah “Disturbing Lagos” Street Shots for ThisDay Style
  • Madame February 1, 2016 at 1:02 am

I gbadun you jare Aunty Toyin! These images makes me nostalgic and very much excited to visit home. There is nothing shameful about snapping shots on the streets of Lagos.

• Honeycrown February 1, 2016 at 1:06 am

Oh wow! If I didn’t read the article, I would have thought the girl was part of the photo shoot. I pray she gets found.

• African Wedding Bliss February 1, 2016 at 1:15 am

• DIddy February 1, 2016 at 1:44 am

This is what I call Originality, every thing about this photo shoot is Wow that girl nailed it, she outshone tinnie in that photo shoot, ty please track her down and transform her situation, she can go on to be a world class model

• Theophilus Jacob February 1, 2016 at 2:07 am

Chai…..these pictures have every shades of “gbadu”. This is so original, very creative and very heart rendering shots. Who gives a damn about what anyone has to say about the beauty of the enviroment? Photography just got real.

• Olu February 1, 2016 at 3:24 am

That pix with the bread seller is to hot!! Check out the fiery cloud in the background… and the hawker looks and dressed like she was made for this. Actually, I believe she was. Destiny!!

• Onyii February 1, 2016 at 8:05 am

Talk about right place at the right time,and she slayed that shoot. She’ll be found, her story don change be that.

• Marie Antoinette February 1, 2016 at 9:02 am

#FindBEAUTIFULX! #FindBeautifulX #FindUnknownSupermodel!…when God calls, no auditions…straight to stardom.

• Opara Boy February 1, 2016 at 10:03 am

Her shoulder Bone structure so #Beautifulx and she makes the Dress look expensive, like something off the Paris Runway. TYBello should go back to that street in Yaba and ask any mechanic, they will tell her what time #beautifulx will pass, trust me everybody knows what time their Agege Customer pass. #doanyonerecogniseher #findbeautifulx #findunknownsupermodel

• prince February 1, 2016 at 11:49 am

When you know your job, you sure knows what you want and how to make it better and interesting. Why taking shots in a hotel really? Lagos is unique and there’s nowhere like lagos anywhere in the world.
    Amazing shots #tybello #inspiration #originality #creativethinking

• TM David-West February 1, 2016 at 12:05 pm

Don’t I just love the ‘bread-girl’ and Tinie’s picture! It says, ‘you’re in Nigeria.’… Not just in Lagos for me. A picture, a story and moment’s later, history is made and lives will change. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for her.

• Nino February 1, 2016 at 12:11 pm

natural grace from balancing the tray on her head.
    Beautiful pictures.
    TY is my dream photographer.

• Rosie February 1, 2016 at 5:50 pm

It just strikes me how God can change someone’s story in the blink of an eye. I pray she gets found and her turnaround begin.

• Emmanuel Ayeni February 16, 2016 at 1:49 am

Talk about moment of destiny, or ENTERING THE WINNING CIRCLE, just as my man Eric Thomas (World’s Top five Motivational Speaker) puts it.! I am Fired up,motivated and Hungry! Greatness is always within reach!