Press 2The 2016 edition of Gidi Culture’s Gidi Fest is coming up this Saturday, 26th of March, 2016 and there is an exciting lineup of artists from around Africa who will be performing at the event.

There’s also an exciting volleyball match which will be held between celebrities (click here for last year’s highlights).

Dubbed “Africa’s Biggest Beach Festival”, Gidi Fest is returning Eko Atlantic on Saturday, March 26, 2016. The one-day beach festival opens its gates at noon with day activities ranging from beach sports headed by celebrity team captains, to tasting the very best of African dishes at the food court, and of course live music from some of Africa’s best artists.

The festival’s headliners include Davido, Tiwa Savage, Phyno, Yemi Alade and Timaya, while South Africa’s, K.O and Riky Rick will be coming to Nigeria for the first time to grace the stage. Opening acts on the day are Adekunle Gold and Small Doctor.

Sounds exciting right?

Even more exciting is the fact that BN is giving out 10 tickets for our readers to enjoy they fun-filled day on Saturday and it is super easy to win.

Festivals are not so common in Nigeria so it’ll be exciting to get an idea of how our BNers would rock their #GidiFest16 outfits! Leave a comment below telling us how you’d “dress to impress” for the event.

Be sure to also leave your email address in the comment box (where is asks for your email, right under your name) so we can contact you for your name to be added to BN’s guestlist.

To find out more about Gidi Fest as well as the lineup of artists click here, here and here.

_______________________________________________________________________

BellaNaija is a Media Partner for Gidi Fest 2016

55 Comments on BellaNaija is giving out 10 Tickets to BNers for the 2016 Gidi Fest happening this Saturday | Here’s How To Win
  • Anita Ofordile March 24, 2016 at 2:40 pm

I’d definitely “dress to impress” by keeping it Urban chic. I’d pair a nice pair of shorts with a black graphic tee, high top sneakers and a wide brim fedora to finish of the look.

• Missy J March 24, 2016 at 3:05 pm

” wide brim fedora to finish of the look” but no E-mail address to win the ticket.

• Femi March 25, 2016 at 7:09 am

Yeepa, i hope i meet you there..hehe

• Adesola Ade-Unuigbe
      Adesola Ade-Unuigbe March 25, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Hello Anita,

I’m excited to tell you that you are one of the winners. Please check your mail for more information.

Have fun
      xx

• Favy March 24, 2016 at 2:56 pm

I will wear a chiffon long sleeves shirt, a jean trousers, ankle heel shoes, purse and a nice big ring. Least I forget, my hair do`s gonna be big.

• Ejiro March 24, 2016 at 2:57 pm

I will be wearing royal blue high slit skirt with a with crop top and a brown Bruno Mars hat to go with and finish with a sandal and a shoulder bag. Thanks

• Fortune Da Function Guy March 24, 2016 at 2:59 pm

Thank you Bellanaija for posting this competition… I will dress in a mild and captivating ankara( mixed with blue and white colour and a flowering design) then with black Clark loafer with a wrist watch. Then am good to go.

• Teekay March 24, 2016 at 3:02 pm

I will wear a cullote with a vinatge top a hat (more like a cow boy hat) and a sneakers. Complimenting my outfit with a dark shade and a small chain bag…

• Bummy March 24, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Am sure gonna dress to impress by wearing an adire inspired Tee shirt with a pair of short with a lovely snickers and a pair of bola hat for a complete look not forgetting my accessories.

• Lady March 24, 2016 at 3:07 pm

I’d dress to impress by keeping it bohemian chic all the way… Sunscreen, Wide leg Jean shorts, Black Crop Top and a free flowing Kimono with slits at the side, Airwalk Slip ons to navigate the sandy Eko Atlantic Beach Area… Accessories are black satin choker and long owl necklace, A wide fedora, vinatege round reflective glasses, midi rings and Gothic 8 layer Bracelet. Makeup would be dark.. Cat eyes and deep purple lipstick

• me March 24, 2016 at 3:11 pm

BNBLOG, miss goody two shoes…….

• Lyrics March 24, 2016 at 3:12 pm

I’ll wear whatever I find in my wardrobe….. What matters most is the right attitude to pull it off and I’ve got that in good measures. Put my name on the guest list already BN, pretty please? #puppyeyes

• sheu March 24, 2016 at 3:18 pm

I will be wearing a black short,top and a hat with sunshades.

• Amaka d igbo chic March 24, 2016 at 3:36 pm

i will wear this and that….nigerians and awoof, go and buy ur tickets joor

• simi March 24, 2016 at 4:02 pm

seeing as im a simple girl… i’m going to wear a very comfotabble playsuit… i have this really cute one in my ward robe… then i’ll wear some flat shoes or sandals to go, with a satchel bag, my hair packed up into a bun and earrings…

• Adesola Ade-Unuigbe
      Adesola Ade-Unuigbe March 25, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Hello Simi,

Have fun
      xx

• Cookie March 24, 2016 at 4:07 pm

I’d be rocking a pair of shorts with a strap top or a crop top (cotton material so I don’t sweat from all the excitement) and a long kimono with my sneakers paired with my favourite sunglasses and my satchel or just keep it simple by throwing on a nice playsuit, sneakers, favourite sunglasses and my satchel or and oh not forgetting my floppy hat.

• TEM TEM March 24, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Keeping it simple and classy..
    my three-quarter jumpsuit with a pair of sandal,am ready to impress
    #lets go have some fun #gidifest

• Marie March 24, 2016 at 4:14 pm

I’ll definitely be wearing denim shorts with white single strap camisole topping it my floral kimono and sure not to forget fendora Sun hats and dark sunglasses. BN style all the way!

• Adesola Ade-Unuigbe
      Adesola Ade-Unuigbe March 25, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Hello Marie,

Have fun
      xx

• SimplyAmazing March 24, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Thanks BN! I’d dress to impress by wearing a white loose beach pants, white bikini top and a brown flowered head piece, I’ll accessorize with a chain sandals,loads of hand accessories, my chain bag and a pair of glasses

• sunny innocent March 24, 2016 at 4:37 pm

I will be looking simple and classic. I’d be rocking a black beach shot with a designers vintage top, all black sun glass and a hat #gidifest16

• Matty March 24, 2016 at 4:45 pm

I’ll be wearing a jean trouser with a camisole(sporty and casual), on this would be an Ankara jacket(African). A sandal, sunglasses, wristwatch and a nude make-up. My hand bag? YES….. I’m keeping it simple….. BN….

• Maureen March 24, 2016 at 4:52 pm

I’ll spot a classic bohemian look; cobalt blue tie back chiffon top on a pair of white shorts. A pair of vintage white frame sunglasses and a fedora hat. To finish up the look would be layers of bangles, a satchel purse and a pair of lovely gladiator sandals.

• Adesola Ade-Unuigbe
      Adesola Ade-Unuigbe March 25, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Hello Maureen,

Have fun
      xx

• sunny innocent March 24, 2016 at 4:54 pm

I will be looking classic and simple. I’d like to wear a black shot and a designers vintage shirt, all black sun glass with a hat. #gidifest16 sundayinnocent774@yahoo.com

• Queen March 24, 2016 at 4:59 pm

Hi BN! I will dress to impress by keeping it simple. A little black dress, comfy sandals with my sling bag and a hat will do the trick..classy n chic *wink*

• Adesola Ade-Unuigbe
      Adesola Ade-Unuigbe March 25, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Hello Queen,

Have fun
      xx

• Shazy March 24, 2016 at 5:07 pm

I won’t be dressed to impress. I don’t care about fashion but just about looking good. The most important thing for me would be to have fun with my hubby. Cheers!

• Iyun March 24, 2016 at 5:25 pm

I’ll wear a floral short dress, sandals, a sunshade with a hat, nothing too much.

• Rolawe March 24, 2016 at 6:30 pm

I would just do a faded levi Jeans,a south beach inspired
    button down and black shoes.

• Esther ijeoma Daniels March 24, 2016 at 6:59 pm

I will wear a blue gown with white high-heel shoes. Simple but unique

• onika March 24, 2016 at 7:12 pm

i will be wearing a beaded long fitted and one side slitted gown,with a high heel,my bohemian curls,my deep purple lipstick….omg….i will really kill ….lol….

• Adebimpe Popoola March 24, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Hollup Hollup……you all need to re-comment oooo. BN said include your email

• BellaNaija.com
      BellaNaija.com March 24, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Yes include your email in the email box. No need to add to the actual comment. Thanks.

• Mz Socially Awkward… March 24, 2016 at 11:53 pm

Bia, BN, abeg let’s see in the corner.

I di (are you) sure that festivals aren’t so common in Nigeria? Because we are having a lot of “owa” own festivals, oh. “Flenty, flenty” of them.

No use this oyibo definition of “festival” come rob us of the existence of our local ones… E jo

• ogo March 24, 2016 at 7:38 pm

I will definitely wear my hair as a natural fro, A lovely casual Ankara dress and wedges, of course not forgetting my beautiful smile.

• Adesola Ade-Unuigbe
      Adesola Ade-Unuigbe March 25, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Hello Ogo,

Have fun
      xx

• ogo March 24, 2016 at 7:39 pm

• Tosin March 24, 2016 at 7:54 pm

lol

• Inyene March 24, 2016 at 8:17 pm

I’ll wear a rugged denim trouser, a plain black t-shirt with a diamond brooch, a plain black snapback and an all black ray ban aviators, a floral sneaker, a chain bag and very cool makeup.

• Stephanie March 24, 2016 at 9:25 pm

I will wear a Jean short, a casual top, sunglasses, hat and a pear of snickers.

• Tooni March 24, 2016 at 10:07 pm

I’d dress to impress nd catch le boo by keeping it simple and classy… Shades, Shorts, Purple Crop Top and my black sandals I bought at eko(team buy Nigeria…). Subtle Makeup on my ever smiling face nd I’m good to go.
    Thanks

• Adesola Ade-Unuigbe
      Adesola Ade-Unuigbe March 25, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Hello Tooni,

Have fun
      xx

• Dera March 24, 2016 at 10:29 pm

I am definitely going to be wearing an Ankara short with a nice loose blouse and my plimsols that I ll eventually switch to flip flops.. Yay can’t wait

• Adesola Ade-Unuigbe
      Adesola Ade-Unuigbe March 25, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Hello Dera,

Have fun
      xx

• Mrs Haastrup March 25, 2016 at 1:53 am

All of you saying ”you will dress to impress and bla bla bla bla. Nobody remember to drop their email,really! SMFH

• Olayinka K March 25, 2016 at 5:06 am

I’m a guy, so I’m going to wear a nice graphic T-shirt paired with a tailored short and my converse. I will also wear my Ray-Ban sunglasses , an engraved necklace and a nice hat.

• Adesola Ade-Unuigbe
      Adesola Ade-Unuigbe March 25, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Hello Olayinka K,

Have fun
      xx

• Femi March 25, 2016 at 7:06 am

Olayinka K, you don get am finish, my shirt will be a T-shirt with a tailored short as well, and my converse. Not forgetting my sunglasses. With my Canon 7D Camera, Ipad to capture moments to publish on my blog…hehehe

I am super excited!

• Adesola Ade-Unuigbe
      Adesola Ade-Unuigbe March 25, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Hello Femi,

Have fun
      xx

• Femi Adegbohun March 25, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Yaaaay!!!! So I won…thanks BellaNaija, got your email! I’m so excited!….

• marie March 25, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Yaaaay I won thank you so much BN… Much love

• Maureen March 25, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Thank you so much BN, I won! I’m super excited. Can’t thank you enough. This means a lot to me……..God bless! See u there! #Gidifest2016