cnn temi

Bloggers Temi Otedola(JTO)  and Sayedero of The Fashion Engineer along with others who are cashing in on the rise of social media have been featured on the CNN Style website and CNN African Voices.

We love how the Nigerian Fashion Industry has been on the rise in recent years; continuing to draw more and more attention from the International community.

The two bloggers are featured alongside some other young African designers and bloggers.

According to CNN African Voices:

The industry is growing fast and although it still faces some very real challenges in terms of infrastructure and funding, it’s beginning to reach a wide audience of fashion conscious consumers thanks to e-commerce, social media and the fact that the international fashion industry is always on the hunt for something new.

Watch the episode here.

20 Comments on Nigerian Bloggers Temi Otedola & Sayedoro of The Fashion Engineer featured on CNN African Voices
  • Bimpe March 5, 2016 at 10:32 am

How’s this temi otedola girl a fashion mover. I have seen way more popular fashion bloggers in Nigeria. I think she has a say as a blogger but not a fashion mover or influencer in Nigeria, how many Nigerians have ever even been on her blog, or even know what it’s called. I don’t think she’s even that experienced to talk about the Nigerian fashion industry. I think she’s still on a journey and she has to continue it, she’s not there yet. Like seriously! You Nigerians can really famz, I guess money takes you places grace doesn’t lol…. #MyThoughts anyway, I just like people working really hard for things and establishing their unique selling point in which the public will recognise them for that and that alone. #NoOffence

• Sugar March 5, 2016 at 12:58 pm

I didn’t even know Temi had a blog, am reading it here for the first time ever!

• Oversabi March 5, 2016 at 2:53 pm

This is where I fault CNN and Nigerians on due diligence. CNN should have done its due diligence to find nigerian blogger websites that cover fashion and are popular for it. How could they miss bella for bridal???. I have to say that as much as I dislike Laura ikejis bragging, she receives far more press time from Nigerians than temi. Did not even know Temi had a blog. THought she was an affluent student that goes on expensive opera outings with her mom. So CNN calls their naija contact for refs and they push Temi fwd for returned favor. We will remain in darkness for years to come at this rate!

• Leah March 5, 2016 at 3:10 pm

I agree with you.

Temi is simply a lovely girl who wears expensive clothes. She is not in anyway stylish nor inspirational.
      Like it happens with Fisayo Longe or StyleByAda, want to be able to look at a style blogger and be inspired on how to spin my wardrobe to work for me.
      Not only how to increase my income so I can buy Prada and Gucci.

• lea valley March 5, 2016 at 4:03 pm

May you live long!! Iseee

• zee March 5, 2016 at 10:54 am

@bimpe, perfectly said. Abeg, this is so over rated. I am a fashion blog stalker n I have never bn to her blog once. Haba!

• beard gang March 5, 2016 at 11:18 am

The Otedolas! That’s how one blog like that said Cuppy is a veteran DJ
    Money talks bullshit takes the F@#king bus

• pinkypearly March 5, 2016 at 11:33 am

Congrats to the both of them, It is the aspiration of every blogger including me. You don’t have to be the best to shine. You just have to be smart. B/N thanks for all this lovely post this is the most classy blog in Nigeria. I hope to get there one day.

• Oversabi March 5, 2016 at 2:57 pm

No. Don’t sit down and take it with servitude. This is the global rigged system that cumulates privilege and advantage to the same people, deserving or not, because they have access. This is why our strength as a nation never shines because it’s not about merit. Be wary of this system if you want success. That is what Bernie Sanders is preaching. It is theft of a kind.

• Swagg1 March 6, 2016 at 6:34 pm

In a way you are right and so is Bernie. However, I dont see a path for him to the white house. He will be eaten alive by the Republicans, when he gets to the general election. He easily gets rattled when he comes under attack as seen during the black lives matter confrontation.

• Ada March 5, 2016 at 11:46 am

Money talks! The Otedola’s chai, their PR machine di egwu Kai.

• bruno March 5, 2016 at 11:47 am

now I know everything on this earth can be bought.

• Josephine March 5, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Otedola is now buying exposure for his child not buying NASS members.

• Lilo March 5, 2016 at 12:36 pm

I don’t get this Temi girl jare

• Oversabi March 5, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Just visited the blog. So maybe she has a lot of audience from high and mighty londoners who have the affluence to buy all those runways clothes. Maybe the characterization from CNN is wrong. I know only aunty Nkiru Anumudu and her 0.01% peeps care to look because they can buy. Which average visitor, upper middle income and below in this country, has the time to look at 4k euro looks when they have not paid their school fees, have not bought fuel from forte for monday’s uncertainty riddled journey, and btw they can read their distant cousins vogue mag from summer. Sigh.

• Logical March 5, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Whoop! Whoop! Go Sayedero!! Started from F103 Esther hall now we”re here

• ese March 5, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Yaaay!! Dero!! Covenant University repping..and just last week or two weeks ago she posted on facebook that she was tired and wanted to stop go girl!!

• barry March 5, 2016 at 6:28 pm

A good one, Nigerian bloggers all the way.

• Mi’De March 6, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Congrats to Sayedero, Been following her blog for three years and I absolutely love her style.

• tee March 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Fisayo Longe is really good. Shes super trendy with her looks. I would like her to style me. Shes creates a WOW look. Temi just wears nice and expensive things not creative in her dressing.