NoBankingDay
Card Maintenance Fee, Token Fee, SMS Charges and the list goes on.
Nigerians are protesting excessive bank charges and mediocre service today with #NoBankingDay.

The hashtag is now trending on Twitter and other social media with many vowing not to complete any bank transactions today as well as sharing stories of bad bank service.
No Banking Day 2

16 Comments on #NoBankingDay – “Nigerians are Sick & Tired of Excessive Bank Charges & Bad Service”
  • GY March 1, 2016 at 9:30 am

I love this movement and I hope our fellow Nigerians on the street can understand the purpose of this protest. Guys don’t forget to vote for Uche ” Bella ” Pedro at Kids Choice Awards 2016 because your votes count.

• Ibinabo March 1, 2016 at 9:50 am

We needed this like yesterday.

• cd March 1, 2016 at 10:06 am

i am so for this movement,i was charged 400 naira last week for stamp duty,THE MATTER PAIN ME WELLA,I ALMOST CRIED TO BE HONEST. if i have my way,i will leave Nigeria with my entire family,The gov does not have our interest at heart….i am tired

• NIRA March 1, 2016 at 11:33 am

If someone pays 5 million naira into your account and you must withdraw it today or the money gets taken by the depositor, will you still be down with the #nobankingday movement????

• Beeeee March 1, 2016 at 12:03 pm

Missed the point I see. Imagine having only N1,000 in your account to survive a month and the bank deducts N400 and gives it some superficial name…..that’s what this is about. People are being ripped off left and right. I was debited twice for a transaction and I have been chasing GTB for almost 2 months to get my money back. Even millionaires are complaining about being ripped off. My friend was charged N5000 and they called it bank charge. What bank charge? For people that are struggling? I can’t even find a polite way to address this your almost impossible hypothetical example, so I will just end here

• NIRA March 1, 2016 at 1:51 pm

Have we as a race lost all sense of humour?? Really??? Don’t take everything seriously biko.

• ‘lade March 1, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Ezkis ma, you’re not making any sense!

• Beeeee March 1, 2016 at 2:29 pm

We as a race kwa, you call this one humour? LMAO…Ok, then…I’ve laughed

• mia March 1, 2016 at 12:30 pm

it should be war against GTB, they played a fast one on people over the weekend. They were charging N199.9 for a dollar only for them to start taking extra at the rate of N300 per dollar and claiming system glitch. how wicked can these people be.

• Zenny March 1, 2016 at 2:28 pm

they just did the same to my hubby…he used his GTB card in yankee over the weekend by yesterday they told him that the rates is not the same, so they charged him black market rates…

• Whyme March 1, 2016 at 9:29 pm

From the beginning of February, GT bank has been charging at parallel market rate.

• ModestSAM March 2, 2016 at 8:16 pm

GTB has always charged at parallel market rate for forex.

• prince March 1, 2016 at 1:20 pm

This is so important and on point. Like they say, the reason they are in business is because of us. our money is what is making them rich

• ElessarisElendil March 1, 2016 at 1:26 pm

Nigerians…………….these are banks ohh, the fulcrums of the economy. Nobody anywhere likes banks, hell historically parts of the reason for anti-semitism is the Jews being bankers.

This does nothing, the banks don’t care if you use their services as long as your cash is in their coffers for them to play around with, meaning if this movement isn’t nipped in the bud, it won’t be long before somebody suggests a bank run(monumentally bad idea).

If you’re displeased with your bank, change banks, but let’s not try any blanket anti-bank movements, if the worst happens, they’ll get bailouts we won’t.

• nunulicious March 1, 2016 at 11:34 pm

unrealistic!
    what a flop this campaign was. How do you tell people not to transact for 24 hours? a more realistic goal woulda been to do a three hour limit or till 12 noon at most.
    repackage and try again biko, I will be glad to join then.

• Favour March 2, 2016 at 1:55 am

The worst is try using your Ecobank ATM outside Nigeria.. You are dead and gone..
    My friend almost had a heart attack at the ATM here in Abidjan. Pls o we are just students… What is all this na.