Popular ex-Mayor of Toronto, Rob Ford has Died

rob ford 2_0In a statement released announcing his death on Tuesday, the family of former Toronto Mayor Rob Ford described him as “a dedicated man of the people” who spent his life “serving the citizens of Toronto.”

Ford gained international notoriety after admitting smoking crack cocaine in 2013, but he remained popular and loved by his supporters.

Ford battled drug and alcohol addiction and was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer in 2014.

He could not run for re-election as mayor in 2014 due to his cancer diagnosis(his brother ran and lost), but won a city council seat in a landslide result.

Photo Credit: The Canadian Press

10 Comments on Popular ex-Mayor of Toronto, Rob Ford has Died
  • Ouch! March 22, 2016 at 5:24 pm

R.I.P Mr Ford

• Damilola March 22, 2016 at 5:57 pm

R.I.P Mr Ford, he was a troubled man. I’m convinced, cancer is replaced with other form of sicknesses. Someone passed away from AIDS but the family announced to others it’s cancer to make it more light. When it’s cancer, people become more sympathetic and less confused.

• Author Unknown March 22, 2016 at 8:11 pm

These aren’t Africans.

• shakitibobo March 22, 2016 at 8:30 pm

And what has that got to do with this guy passing? Irrelevant oshi.

• xorlali March 23, 2016 at 12:09 am

And ur fake comment below shows dt ur high on d left over cocaine

• kay March 22, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Rob Ford, sleep well.

• maman March 22, 2016 at 8:15 pm

It is funny how death hits you, even when the person is not family or friend.

Didn’t care much for the man or his politics, but God knows I prayed that this man should not die. In all his weirdness and all, he was a genuine man who truly did love Toronto. I never went for the summer parties at his family home in Etobicoke but you could tell those who loved him LOVED him.

Cancer is a plague from hell. Please, people, eat right, live well, check your health often, but most importantly, pray well and refuse it! God, please help us combat cancer. Too many people be dying from this thing.

Rest in peace, Rob Ford. Toronto will never forget you. My sincere condolences to his family, especially his two young children.

• shakitibobo March 22, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Etobicoke and Scarborough gon miss you Rob. True legend.

• Anon March 22, 2016 at 10:12 pm

May he rest in peace. I found him funny and lively.

• CLEMENTINE March 23, 2016 at 1:27 am

Wow!With all the negativeness brought to my dear Canada.I FEEL SORRY FOR AM SMALL.