News

THE ROUNDUP

Hey Everyone,
How was your weekend? Hope everything went well.
I had a very chilled laidback weekend…..didnt too much! Very relaxing though.
So do you have any new year’s resolutions or have you broken them already? Let us know.

Here is a roundup of some of the hottest events and news….
ENJOY!

The Calabar Carnival and Parade was one of the most colourful and exciting events ever witnessed in Nigeria. Of course, Nollywood stars were not left out. Here are some **exclusive** pics of Nollywood’s best, all decked up in traditional festive Calabar attire at the event!
You can see more pics of the Calabar Carnival and Parade , visit Calabar Girl’s blog.
Thanks to Mildred for the pics!

Rita Dominic

Eucharia Anunobi Ekwu

Jim Iyke

Fred Amata

Nollywood stars on their float

The Nigerian Fashion Show (NFS) has travelled all over the world over the last couple of months. So far, they have displayed in Lagos, Paris and now Washington DC. Here are some pics from the Washington DC show a few weeks ago. Designers featured included Modela, Henrietta Agboola’s House of Henri (NFS Winner 2005) and Tessy Oliseh’s Tesslo Concepts (NFS 2006 Winner).

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is one of Nollywood’s most celebrated stars. A testament to her popularity and impact is her status as a UN Goodwill Ambassador. Here are some pics of Omotola with her husband and children, Princess, M.J, Meriah and Michael.
Very cute family! I cannot believe she has 4 kids! She looks good.

The hottest new Lagos couple is Peter (from P-Square) and Lagos socialite, Lola Omotayo. Many people are kind of surprised by this couple due to their different backgrounds and the fact that Lola is a few of years older than Peter but that hasnt stopped them from boldly attending events together and other public displays of affection. I personally think they are a cute couple.
To find out more about Lola, click the second photo below .

Lola and Peter

Lola in True Love WA

That’s it folks!
Let us know what you think about the Calabar Carnival, The NFS Show or whatever…
Have a FAB week!
Ciao

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.com Follow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. Dee

January 15, 2007 at 1:55 pm

Heya Bella! Lola is cute but what the hells is she doing with that P square guy? I mean why..okay he is alrigh but what an absolute waste..I have foine brother for this girl

2. Naija Vixen

January 15, 2007 at 1:56 pm

Hot,luvvn the pictures…Lola Omotayo is really pretty…hope this one lasts!Deola Sagoe has to be the most hardworking designer…luv her…luvvn the whole post,be guud gurl!

3. reen

January 15, 2007 at 1:56 pm

woot woot am first!
    my weekend was aight
    omotola’s kids are cute, they look like a nice happy family =]
    🙁 am heartbroken peter’s got a girlfriend….aww wish them the best but why couldnt he just wait for me…lmao

4. reen

January 15, 2007 at 1:57 pm

dang y’all beat me i thought i was firts:-(

5. Ms Nu Booty

January 15, 2007 at 2:19 pm

omotola looks really good for a mother of 4 big kids.

6. Dimples

January 15, 2007 at 3:59 pm

Bella u not blogging every other day..is not good for my heart and general well being.

Anyways hope u had a FAB weekend too???
    Yeah heard about the Calabar Carnival and Parade on BEN very colourful event…seemed like they all had fun sha.

Omotola just looks so so HOT even after dropping 4 cuties..me too i want to be like that o when I become a mother…lol

Lola Omatayo and Peter…no comment…as in the guy is cute and all that business…but really men..levels de now…Men!!! and the chic isn’t really young…as beautiful as she is…she would want to marry some day.

7. Nilla

January 15, 2007 at 4:20 pm

Lovely pics from the Calabar carnival and NFS!

8. dezhare

January 15, 2007 at 4:23 pm

one half of p-square and that stunna of a woman??? eeek, but its all love isnt it??? he he he

omotale jalade has all those kids??? woww…I didnt even know she was married…

and eucharia anunobi…wat is up with her??

9. Jaycee

January 15, 2007 at 4:45 pm

ahn ahn…see how HOT Omotola Jalade’s family is…didn’t know she had 4 kids (she looks good)…see these children o…they are already celebrity posers…esp, the third lil girl. She’s one fine cute girl…

Proud of Nigerian fashion shows…

10. Angela

January 15, 2007 at 5:02 pm

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh! Bella has started again..o monday Morning. laaro kutukutu. hehehehhe yes thanks again for bringing entertainment that makes me feel i am in Lagos.

But dang…why are naija babes so dang hot? Rita is smoking, UK is hot, and OmoT is on fayah! woah! Yeah omotola and her kids. She go t some hot kids too. look at those girls striking runway poses.

11. mystoriesmytestimonies

January 15, 2007 at 5:14 pm

the question is ..how can i get on the float at the calabar carnival???????…lol…. will be in naija this dec by God’s grace..hope i can be part of the carnival….good post bella…
    deka

12. Icy

January 15, 2007 at 5:17 pm

4 kids and fabulous OH MY GOSH! das jes sexy. As per Lola omo I commend her I can’t imagine wut she’s going tru in Naija that must be tough. She’ll meet the right person that will compliment her. RAWK ON mama do ur thang.. As per her and Peter… u go jare. She seems like a smart articulate woman I’m sure she can’t be attracting bullox so I’m sure He’s got it good.

13. EXCESSIVE-DIVA

January 15, 2007 at 5:19 pm

WHAT??LOLA AND THAT ONE FROM PEE SQAURED?????????KAI..”LOVE” CAN PERFORM WONDERS.PLEASE LETS FUK LOVE..LEVELS WA NOW….I GUESS NEXT THING WE HEAR IS SALAWA ABENI DATING PADDY ADENUGA..NONSENSE…

14. Dimples

January 15, 2007 at 5:44 pm

LOL!!!!…EXCESSIVE-DIVA is going to kill me o!!!!

Salawa Abeni and Paddy……….lol!!!
    Now that’s deep

15. **honey**

January 15, 2007 at 5:58 pm

im so proud of ‘omosexy’…that is areal achievement…and peter why???
    [email protected]
    ‘dropping 4 cuties’
    lol!

16. Anonymous

January 15, 2007 at 6:11 pm

I really don’t know what is going through Lola Omotayo’s head but she has practically killed any chances of hooking up with a chassis guy ever again… i mean who wants Peter’s from P-Square’s leftovers? Especially in that Nigerian society where everything is so hierachical.

It just goes to prove that beauty does not equal class.

17. Daddy's Girl

January 15, 2007 at 7:07 pm

I agree with you Bella: Lola and the guy from P-Square are cute together. I hope they stay together.

Omotola looks fabulous for a mother of 4.. they really are a cute family.

Lovely post as usual.

18. Anonymous

January 15, 2007 at 7:24 pm

@ excessive diva
    lo, u are so sillly

19. Anonymous

January 15, 2007 at 8:16 pm

I just think we Nigerians are too judgemental for real!!! Does anyone of you really know who the Peter guy is apart from what we know from his songs that i’m assuming ya’ll like anyway. I mean seriously, can we try to be a lil bit more open minded?

20. Anonymous

January 15, 2007 at 8:20 pm

Mehn is that gal half caste? she dey oh….I go look for am snatch am

21. nosa101

January 15, 2007 at 8:47 pm

why do ugly guys get fine wives?

22. Anonymous

January 15, 2007 at 10:50 pm

Bella naija I love your blog and read it often…keep up the good work!

On the topic of Peter and Lola Omotayo, I’m a naija in the U.S so I can’t claim to be in the know about some of these naija artists, socialites or the like. What I do know is that public image is not always reflective of what people are really like. That said, the image P-square (someone with a name like that is bound to get a lot of flak) potrays may not be the most desirable as some people have commented but do know that people tend to attract their own kind and assuming that is not the case then may be it’s a case of one man’s poison being another man’s meat(I know it’s inverted)…as for me, I wish them the best!

23. stacy jones

January 15, 2007 at 10:54 pm

Lola is beautiful, she can give Beyonce a run for her money.

Omotola’s oldest daughter looks like she can be a bit of a diva.

24. tatafo!

January 15, 2007 at 11:17 pm

omoT has some cute kids oh! and Rita Dominic is calabar right? or from around that area.
    ditto @ what Dimples said, i really miss your daily updates 🙁

25. Funmi

January 16, 2007 at 12:30 am

Happy Nu Year Girl!

Wow OmoT looks good after popping out four kids! Love the way nigerians are now repping in the fashion industry. As usual you interesting blog:) keep up the good work.

26. EXCESSIVE-DIVA

January 16, 2007 at 2:10 am

@that annonymous that asked for openmindedness,,shioo..i dont shoot blanks from my arse.id heard the rumor and a whole lot else(and theres a lot) but refused to believe till now.typical of babes sha..once they feel they are getting old they just start hooking up with anything…God make her eye clear and if he no clear dats her hot cuppa..mrs.psquare..yukkk

@annonymous who spoke about hierarchy…u know book jare…after they finish using themselves i suppose her fineness will make some guy marry psquares ajeku..and if they marry..good luck to them and their psquarelets…

27. naijagal

January 16, 2007 at 4:02 am

age is just a numba 😉 she is hot looking men I saw psquare interview last night and all i heard was “nothing ye men feel ma flow”

with baby mamas all over etc I hope she is the true love he spoke about!

28. naijagal

January 16, 2007 at 4:04 am

RECALL LAST COMMENT POST ASAP!

oops I take that back need to read better, I was speaking of TUFACE sorry about my blog comment. I love peter and they look great
    lol

29. Anonymous

January 16, 2007 at 5:09 am

Omigahd Lola – you are too pretty to be hanging with this wide spread nose dude – i mean so what if he has one or two hits out there – If he was any regular dude – no one would pay him no mind.

Women for suffer, all we get attracted to are all this thuggish looking dudes. Any way who knows maybe, he has a jayz type 2 litre coke bottle in his pants and makes her scream her heart out in bed. Abeg thats all that matters. If Halle Berry gave Ugly a chance, she wouldnt have suffered so much with all them pretty men she had.

Beyonce and Janet Jackson arent complaining – do ya thang Lola – Behind Closed doors only you know how he satisfies you :lol

funny chick
    Atlanta-USA

30. Anonymous

January 16, 2007 at 8:17 am

Why are people quick to judge others.let the girl date who she wants.life is to short to be bothered about what people think.

31. Mona

January 16, 2007 at 10:44 am

LOL mennn check out the nollywood actors in calabar lookin fab! hehee

Nice one bella xx

32. Sola

January 16, 2007 at 1:32 pm

Mona looking fab, Jim Iyke looks like a Joker. anyway he always does

33. Anonymous

January 19, 2007 at 12:46 am

hey bella…how can i upload videos onto a myspace page if the video is on youtube? pls help..

34. SOLOMONSYDELLE

January 21, 2007 at 9:28 pm

Hey, great pics from the fashion show in D.C. Always love stopping by your blog, keep up the good work and feel free to stop by NIGERIANCURIOSITY.BLOGSPOT.COM.

35. jessica umeh

May 31, 2011 at 2:28 pm

i love the fashion show keep it up.

36. John Emenike Mbah