News

WEEKEND LUV – THE MADE EDITION

BellaNaija.com

Hey Everyone!!!
You don’t even know how bad I feel that I haven’t been blogging!
Whenever I haven’t blogged for a while, I start avoiding my blog like the plague…as if someone is going to catch me here and askme why I haven’t blogged lol!
Meanwhile, can you believe that it is basically December???
Amazing. Isnt it?
This year has been like a rollercoaster….I don’t even know how to explain it. I just thank God for all his blessings.
Happy Birthday to my Mum!!
Her birthday was a couple of days ago…I wish I could put her pic up cause she’s sooooo gorgeous! For real!
I am going on holiday soon. I totally need a break! I haven’t had a real break in about 2 years. Honestly, I cant wait to sleep in until midday!
Anyways, this is Weekend Luv.

CLICKS & FLICKS
Mo Abudu, HR Consultant and Hotelier launched a TV talk show on MNET at the beginning of the month. The show is very professional in terms of the set etc.. and the choice of guests is quite stellar. I admire Mo sooooo much and wish her the best of luck. She held a launch event for the show some weeks ago and Angie Stone performed. See photos below.
Read an excellent review of the show – HERE
Show website – HERE

Kunle Afolayan is the latest celebrity that has voted off Celebrity Takes 2.
Have you guys been watching? I actually love this show…yes, there are some things that could be improved, especially the DANCING but I still find it very entertaining.

BBA2 Runner-Up Ofunneka has denied being assaulted by Richard in the BBA House. She said she was intoxicated and regrets her actions but does not blame Richard. Hmmm…I disagree but she has said her piece.

The new issue of Made Men is out. I have to give them props for their consistency so far. This issue is HOT! They’ve got a mix of personalities featured.
From Deola Sagoe – Stunning
To Gboyega Balogun – Sauve
Then Male Nigerian Bloggers – Hot
Finally Ini Edo – Hmmm
Check out the photos below

Visit their site HERE
You can grab a digital edition – HERE

POPPIN’
Runway to Cure in TX tomorrow.
Please go out and support!
So proud of this initiative by TC Ikponmwonba

HITS
I’ve got loads of great music for y’all today!
P Square – No One Like You
From their new album, Game Over – I’m actually feeling this song.
I hope this album is as hot as the last one.

Falz – Shakara
LOL….You have got to listen to this! Sooo sooo funny!

Kush – Angels
This is the flashback song of the week. I LUV this song….this was such a fab intro to Kush. I am glad all the girls are doing so well. Make sure you pick up TY’s Greenland and Lara’s Forever in my Heart!!

Blak Jesus – Omo Alata
LMAO! Homeboy is a nutter!

That’s it for now.
Have a fab weekend.
Kisses
~Bella

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.com Follow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. Chi-Chi

November 29, 2007 at 11:55 pm

I’m with you, Bella, on MADE magazine’s consistency. Hard work pays off eventually.

2. Mona

November 30, 2007 at 12:24 am

she’s baaaack :o)

loving it especially blak jesus’ music video

🙂

3. K

November 30, 2007 at 12:24 am

Almost addicted to your blog :-)Great job girl; keep doing what makes you happy…

4. Unbiased

November 30, 2007 at 12:32 am

lol @ being caught on your own blog.
    Happy Birthday in arrears to your mum. She definately is a babe. You should run a feature on how she looks so skenge at her age.

No mind Ofu! She just wants the story to die down. Cant blame her.

5. Olu

November 30, 2007 at 12:37 am

omg!!
    i am the 5th
    yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!
    lemme go back and finish d post

Ofunneka was obviously bribed my MNET, BBA, MULITCHOICE….gosh!
    i dont pity her anymore!

6. Olu

November 30, 2007 at 12:41 am

wait o!
    Bella y is ur blog showin friday?
    wat time zone r u in?

7. Sugabelly

November 30, 2007 at 12:56 am

I HATE Ini Edo’s pictures. I am sorry, but she tries to be sexy, and is one of those people that just isn’t. All her attempts at sexiness always have a local sheen to them. I think she should stick to being demure, it suits the kind of face/body she has. Not every one can heat up a magazine, and you have to know what part you play and play it well.

I’m glad you’ve finally blogged something. This week. I’ve been running away from my blogs. I have too many. I should shut some down.
    Oh well, Sugabelly rocks..

8. Anonymous

November 30, 2007 at 1:43 am

hey bella
    I really love MADE Mag…even as a chic…
    but cant help noticing you missed giving coverage to ‘sarah ofili – model/designer’…
    It is always good to see young entrepeneurs branching out.
    anyways take care and try to update ur blog more often

9. misstimi

November 30, 2007 at 1:56 am

The Shakara Song is by ‘Falz’ thats his stage name at least.
    Lovely post as always bella! xx

10. Ladybrille

November 30, 2007 at 2:02 am

Just wanted to make top 10. Will come back over the weekend and enjoy proper proper.

11. Baberella

November 30, 2007 at 3:24 am

Oh gosh, I thought I was first! lol

12. chelle

November 30, 2007 at 4:57 am

Bella…love the post

I totally love the p-square, thanks…

13. Olu

November 30, 2007 at 5:03 am

Ini’s Edo’s post seems quite provocative but from her interview with Funmi Iyanda, I don’t think she cares. Looks lyk she’s lost weight tho!

14. Kpakpando

November 30, 2007 at 5:09 am

wtf, when did you post this kwanu? 13 people already?

15. fumbi

November 30, 2007 at 6:41 am

not even going to say nuthin’ about ini edo…

*smh*

16. Olu

November 30, 2007 at 7:19 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MOM O!!

17. omo-obanta

November 30, 2007 at 8:11 am

Top 20?? I’m so glad about the angels song-if you know how i’ve been looking for it ehn…Could i somehow obtain let’s live together? you can email it if its not too stressfull. You know we can never be to upset about you not blogging, because its quality not quantity 🙂
    [email protected]

18. omo-obanta

November 30, 2007 at 8:12 am

[email protected]

19. sholly

November 30, 2007 at 8:19 am

lovely post bella. that in edo na wa! which male bloggers did Made mag feature? are babaalaye and mr.fineboy’s photos featured????

20. Aijay

November 30, 2007 at 9:26 am

Nice one Bella. I like!

21. Uzo

November 30, 2007 at 12:20 pm

Can i just brag that my company was respponsible for taking Mo’s idea from idea in her head to reality…Yes we did….

Welcome back

Oh…and why is everyone sayinf Ofuneka has been bribed et all? How can you the viewer dare to tell the owner of the body what to feel or say?

I personally think her intoxication made things worse – in the sense that getting that in court would have ripped her to shreds..

It has to end so the girl can move on

22. koshie

November 30, 2007 at 7:00 pm

pls.. stop forcing urself into the family. we all know u r an adopted child from downtown ekeja. on a more serious note, i think that lad is hot. he had a minor role in the bourne identity, he was good. but he needs to smile more often or better still practise facial yoga to soften his facial muscles. xo xo xo

23. Anonymous

November 30, 2007 at 7:09 pm

Ini, why now?

24. Anonymous

November 30, 2007 at 7:47 pm

I commend Mo for all her hardwork but I really dont understand the other blogger’s comment about the audience. Is it because they are not rich or don’t look glam – does that make them less qualified to go and watch MO. Nigerian elites should stop that class crapola they keep doing. After all, the country wealth is being plundered by so called educated people. Mo is trying and her audience represents the majority of Nigerians. We all can’t be Sagoe wearig ajebota folks, if you get my drift…

25. Kpakpando

November 30, 2007 at 8:54 pm

@ olu I don’t think she was bribed. It easier to say nothing happened than deal with the stigma attached to being sexually assaulted or perhaps she really didn’t see nothing wrong with being sexually involved when she was (by her own admission) blacked out.

26. Gbemi's Piece

November 30, 2007 at 9:13 pm

For some reason, I think Ofunneka might be taking that stance to save face and put an end to the matter. Also, I think Mnet might want the matter to die quickly and they have schooled her on what to say. Didn’t she have to spend some time in SA before returning to Nigeria? She might also have signed a release waiver absolving Mnet from any responsibility and agreeing not to sue them in the future. I don’t know, I’m just saying…

27. Anonymous

November 30, 2007 at 9:42 pm

Ini looks like trash

28. Missa

November 30, 2007 at 9:42 pm

Ini looks like trash

29. tatafo!

November 30, 2007 at 9:56 pm

Bella God bless you richly for that Kush song, you have no idea how long I have searched for that song!

30. Anonymous

December 1, 2007 at 12:25 am

I find Ini Edo very sexy.She is thick, I like that. I think Naija/African men will find her just as sexy.Her pose was a bit forced but hey,she will get it with practice. Who was directing the shoot sef, or was it just her and photographer?

31. Nwanyi Ocha

December 1, 2007 at 12:58 am

Made rocks!

… ” she cut my meat so tender”…..lolololol

F.A.B

loved it bella

32. Anonymous

December 1, 2007 at 1:48 am

@anonymous 11:25 Please, the woman has no class abeg, you can not compare this pic to Genevieve’s. Ini looks like a cheap hooker in a cheap brothel, look at that bed lol.

33. Anonymous

December 1, 2007 at 5:57 am

@ Anon 12.48 I don’t think she directed that shoot herself, even if she did, do they not have photo shoot directors or editors at MADE? The bed shot is jacked up, i know, but if you market yourself as a MADE has done, then someone in charge could have done better. I was not impressed with the Genevieve shoot either. Ini is not Genevieve so there will be no comparison for me. I think she is sexy.

34. bhookey

December 1, 2007 at 6:47 am

lmaooooooooooooooooooo blak jesus must be on crack , lol dude is a trip

35. Anonymous

December 1, 2007 at 10:09 am

@anonymous4:57, So how come all the other pics in the mag look okay? I agree that somebody should have said something for the sake of the overall quality of the mag, but Ini herself, she no get eye? At the end of the day, it is her image, abi?

36. Zena

December 1, 2007 at 3:59 pm

I’m sorry,
    But is it me, or is Blak Jesus or whatever he is an annoying arse?maybe we’re hyping him up, just a little bit?

Wonderful as usual Bella cheers,

P.S- U know,u CAN put ur mums pic if u want

37. Ladybrille

December 1, 2007 at 4:20 pm

Congrats to Mo Abuda. Putting a show 2geda can be tough! Hope we get to see some on You tube.

Blak Jesus is a funny character. LMAO!I think calling him Blak Jesus [as in the spanish pronounciation] might work best! LOL! He needs to start making his own beats now that he is becoming a star otherwise the stars might come after him.

MADE mag I really like their overall quality and content. Gbenga Ashiru keep Lisa More. Her articles are quite interesting and racy. I have a problem with 2 things. Deola Sagoe is not so shortwaisted and even if she is, it should not be reflected in the the pictures. I think the photoshoot could have been better directed.

Worse is the Ini Edo picture. It is undisputed that the Nollywood celeb has a controversial and not so cute style sense. However, when a publication features a celeb, it is their job to orchestrate and make that celeb look hot! They essentially clean the celeb up. It looks like they asked Ini to submit one of her personal photos and then they inserted it into the publication. If that did not happen and MADE directed the photoshoot,then this is so not cool! What is theme of the shoot and how come it does not fit into the overall publication? Notice how sleek and crisp everyone else looks? It makes Ini look very cheap. Ini and her PR person should be protecting her image and rebranding her. It also makes everyone else look bad. You got Adewale looking MADE indeed and Ini looking like what Anonymous 12:48 said, a “cheap hooker in a cheap brothel.” Dat ain’t kool. At the end of the day, the responsibility for that picture in MADE falls on the MADE team. MADE can y’all get it together in the photo dept?

38. Anonymous

December 1, 2007 at 5:58 pm

@Ladybrille ditto re Ini Edo, there is probably more to it than meets the eye. I will not sing MADE Mag’s praises yet. If you really seek excellence, how can this pic appear in your mag – nasty unles we are previewing the worst of the lot. Genevieve’s pics looked tacky too but not to this extent.

We have a long way to go when it comes to creative design.

39. Anonymous

December 1, 2007 at 7:12 pm

We still have a long way to go as per stylists/Image consultants/PR people/handlers et al in Nollywood.Someone at MADE dropped the ball. It is easy for someone to say Ini should have protested the bed pose. But what if they told her it was supposed to be a test shot or it is supposed to convey sultry not slutty. Besides I doubt if Ini had final say as per which pics were to be used. If she is that assertive and controlling, she will be labelled a bitch and difficult, not so? One bad picture should not be used to define Ini Edo. Everyone has had a bad moment privately, now imagine if you are judged based solely on that one bad moment.

40. Anonymous

December 1, 2007 at 7:24 pm

Did they just wake the girl up and say oya pose? Who the hell poses on that kind of bed (pushed up against the wall like a campus room) and bedsheet to be sexy? Na wa. Not cool MADE, not Cool.

41. Anonymous

December 1, 2007 at 7:50 pm

Ofunneka’s comments are interesting. It’s sad that in when Naijab women are abused sexually, they have to downplay or totally deny it for fear of ridicule. I’m quite pissed!!!!

SassyCassie

42. Zahratique

December 1, 2007 at 9:29 pm

black jesus no go killi me o!

43. Zahratique

December 1, 2007 at 9:34 pm

Same here, i dont really believe Ofunneka…

44. Anonymous

December 1, 2007 at 11:59 pm

People should leave Ofu alone.If she chooses not to be the poster child for sexual abuse, nobody can force it on her. She wants to move on, let her. At the end of the day, it was HER experience alone. Nobody but her knows how she feels.

45. Anonymous

December 2, 2007 at 2:32 am

Ini probably thought she was the bomb. No magazine would print the pics if they were not given the go ahead, I just bought the mag, all the rest pics are seriously classy, Sarah is hot! hot!! hot!!!

46. Anonymous

December 2, 2007 at 12:31 pm

@anon 8.42 pm

“Sorry bella, but I gotta disagree with you. I saw the actual footage of BBA and Ofunneka appears to have not only instigated the incident, but actually enjoyed it”

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. Remember that Ofunneka was drunk. therefore u cant say that she appeared to enjoy it – the chic was drunk, was clearly unaware of what she was doing so it is impossible to assume that she seemed to enjoy it.

I guess that she just wants the issue to lie so that she can move on. I feel her on that, but at the same time I am a bit annoyed. Richard assaulted her, he should not be allowed to get away with it.That is how many people get assaulted and the attackers go scot free and it is almost as if they have a licence to keep re attacking since no one presses any charges against them. It is so painful when this happens… People need to be able to stand together and send a message that IT IS WRONG TO ASSAULT SOMEBODY – if u do, ur ass will be in jail till kingdom come…

on a different note, blak jesus “and then she put some ta ta se…LOL tooo funny!

47. Ajide Ogo

December 2, 2007 at 2:59 pm

its like blak jesus is now popular…hmm nice one.

48. Anonymous

December 2, 2007 at 9:15 pm

MADE Rocks!!!…I am a subscriber just got my copy today, quality, content are great. We nigerians are so quick to criticise each other thats a fundamental flaw in us we all think we can do better,compared to everything else in the nigerian publication market MADE is the best. This is their 3rd publication they will get better. Lets support and stop criticising.

49. Anonymous

December 2, 2007 at 9:27 pm

Just got my copy today aswell. Dam it is slick! Well worth the subscription. The pics, graphics and overall creative direction is 1st class. Can’t believe it’s a Nigerian mag!

50. Anonymous

December 3, 2007 at 4:25 am

Abeg, na MADE suppose to dey vex self, see as Ini spoil the mag anyhow.

51. Olu

December 3, 2007 at 9:31 am

I am so agreeing with Ladybrille, I don’t like the J*sus aspect of his name..Black Hesus sounds beta(as per d spanish pronunciation)

As for Ini, has anyone really looked at that picture…the bed looks so ordinary, like someone’s bed..it does look like she sent a personal pic of herself to the magazine cos this is def not a studio pic or a well organised pic.

52. Sugabelly

December 4, 2007 at 10:07 pm

For a fashion designer, Deola Sagoe seems to not know much about posing. Well, they never do. If she was a photographer, I would blame her. That pose makes her neck look non-existent, and her head look very big.

53. Anonymous

December 7, 2007 at 6:48 pm

this girl u need to update now!

54. Jaycee

December 7, 2007 at 9:01 pm

U’ve been tagged bella!

55. Anonymous

December 7, 2007 at 11:52 pm

Men, blak jesus is too funny! been listenin to the song over and over again and the shakara song, lol.. LMAO..
    thanks bella!

56. Anonymous

December 8, 2007 at 8:16 pm

Mo’s show is horrendous. I have no words…

57. Anonymous

December 8, 2007 at 8:23 pm

actually i have so many…

her guests interview her

one hour to interview one person is way too long for someone who has zero experience or skill ie Mo

the production … im spechless…
    whats up with the akwardly positioned handclapping from the audience?
    eg John Fashanu… “and I lost my brother…” cue to crowd clapping enthusiastically LOL

her fluctuating accent…

the horror

the horror

MNET please fund someone with a clue

58. Anonymous

December 8, 2007 at 8:45 pm

Mnet does not sponsor Moments, South Africans never sponsor anything in Nigeria. Skye Bank sponsors MO as you can see by the many adverts. I would have sponsored Funmi Iyanda but I would have told her to shut her mouth a little more so her guest can have a say sometime.

MO will get better but I have noticed that just like Funmi, she has a lot of bad belle people just totally mad that she is making it. Naija na wa.LOL

59. mad bella 9ja fan(soon to be ex fan-lol)

December 9, 2007 at 9:18 pm

this bella 9ja…which kin blog be dis wey u no dey update …we dey wait for juicy gists and picture of events jare!whats wrong wit you

60. Anonymous

January 16, 2008 at 9:58 pm

i love dat shakara jam!!! its a hit…….u lot shuld go hear it

61. eFJay

January 16, 2008 at 10:24 pm

Guess wat? Falz is my lil brother and i’m so proud of his talent!!! real name, folarin falana!

I’m relatively new to blogspot, jus added u 2 my blog, was on xanga for 2yrs…
    this blog is a joint blog with my man

62. Anonymous

January 17, 2008 at 12:23 pm

shakara!!!!!!!!! loool!! hu is this falz guy self??