Music

Omawumi gets ‘In The Music’

BellaNaija.com

Omawumi is a powerhouse singer! From Idols West Africa, you could tell that she had the voice and sass to make an impact in the music industry. I saw Omawumi perform live a couple of months ago and was completely blown away by her talent. I was even more moved when I found out that she wrote the song that she performed.
Well, the multi-talented Omawumi is back with ‘In the Music’. The song is very different from the usual fodder. Very international and catchy, its a song that will feel at home in Lagos, Cape Town, Accra…everywhere you can think of.
Have a listen and let us know what you think.

[audio:https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/In-The-Music.mp3]

1. Ms.thang

October 22, 2008 at 8:52 am

i have always luved omawumi…she’s truly got talent. dnt knw why she didnt win idols cos for me..though timi had talent,he neva left his comfort zone with the songs he chose to perform,,,omawumi on d other hand was quite versatile..from shania twain to onyeke onwenu…
    rock on Omawumi…true talent will always shine..God bless

2. Matse

October 22, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Omawumi is da bomb any day, any time.Way to go gal! I dey slam your music tight!

3. Soji

October 22, 2008 at 4:22 pm

O-ma-God! Lol..her single’s still booming radios all over lagos and da east.She’s done something that can cut across most african boundaries and thats what stands her out.Looking 4ward to an album…

4. habeeb

October 23, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Omawumi is talented and i am not suprised, she has what it takes and i always knew she would blow up.

5. reader

October 23, 2008 at 11:23 pm

I know this is unrelated , but I cant see a ‘contact us’ link – please the We We clothing link is broken pls rectify 🙂

6. tatafo!

October 24, 2008 at 6:19 pm

I love the South African vibe it’s got.

7. tosyn

October 27, 2008 at 12:20 am

these pictures are really good
    love the purple dress

omawunmi is on firah; nice lyrics, great delivery and that voice!

8. dScR?Be

October 29, 2008 at 8:36 pm

gorgeous woman

9. floetry

October 30, 2008 at 8:48 am

it’s ironic, timi won the competition but we haven’t heard anythin’ from his end…but Omawunmi rocks!

10. ehnn

October 31, 2008 at 5:16 am

um were do I listen to the music, I dont see any link

11. Karo Awhatefe

October 31, 2008 at 1:45 pm

dis is crazy……where is Timi..4 christ sake i tout he was d one dat one Idols…..it’s obvious Nigerians din’t vote 4 the right person…Omawumi Rocks….d song is da bomb,go on gurl….expecting greater tins from u.

12. Karo Awhatefe

October 31, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Omawumi rocks steady….no time…i wonder where Timi is?I tout he was the winner of Idols

13. ifeoma

October 31, 2008 at 3:28 pm

omawumi is beautiful.lucky girl……

14. h20

November 11, 2008 at 7:46 pm

I like it alot…it has that south african vibe to it. I can just picture dancing to it … awesome-ness!!!

15. h20

November 11, 2008 at 7:48 pm

I like it alot…It has a south african vibe to it…I can just picture dancing to this in a nice lounge…AWESOME-NESS!!! I still remember her blowing me away during the West African Idols..

16. delta girl

November 13, 2008 at 1:29 am

thats my friend

17. Aniekan

November 13, 2008 at 11:32 am

isnt it ironical that the people that win these competitions dont do as well as the runners’ up? Project Fame: Lindiwe won but we’ve only heard from Dare and Didge. West African Idols: Timi won but Omawunmi is dropping this HAWT track (that the whole of africa can relate to, btw) etc. just a thought………. 🙂

love Omawunmi’s track……….. kinda like Miriam Makeba meets Beyonce…… class and sass……. 🙂

18. Mina

November 15, 2008 at 12:33 am

i can’t see a link to her song. I really would love to hear it.

19. Pingback: On Set With Omawumi ‘In The Music’ & Darey ‘More’ | Bella Naija