Events

Dat N*gga Raw premieres videos from ‘Everything Remains Raw’

BellaNaija.com

nigga-raw-vcd-launch-bella-naija_011His name is unmissable. You might wonder why anyone would call himself ‘Dat Nigga Raw‘ but this dude is all about the unconventional. With his Igbo-inflected rap flow and deep lyrics, Mr Raw has earned himself legend status in the East and a mass following of fans elsewhere. Most were introduced to him by his smash hit ‘Obodo’ from his album ‘Right & Wrong’ and then ‘Abia State Anthem’ alongside fellow Ibo Boys – Ruggedman and 2Shotz. His new album ‘Everything Remains Raw‘ has been on the streets for a few months and has spawned hits including ‘Ko Gbadun’ & ‘Strong & Mighty’. He recently flimed videos for all the singles from ‘Everything Remains Raw’. To support the release, he held a VCD launch at the Silverbird Galleria in Lagos. Guests included Ali Baba, AY, Zaaki & Frank ‘Papas’ Okamigbo. Photos Below.

Also check out 2 of the new videos: Strong & Mighty ; In Love with an Angel Feat. TJ

Nigga Raw Ft TJ-In Love With An Angel

N.I.G.G.A. RAW – Strong & Mighty

[nggallery id=63]

1. Elpee

March 16, 2009 at 5:18 am

So many questionable outfits…. most of them r day time wears… then colour combinations are classic examples of what were they thinking?

The woman in red for some reason scares me to bits!! DOn’t even want to talk about the events and modellin stuff cuz ill spend the nite typing.

2. olugbenga

March 16, 2009 at 8:13 am

am not care about their outfits, i love d celebrant ad his style of music

3. Kpakpando

March 17, 2009 at 10:34 am

Nwanne! Don’t care much for his stage name, but I heart him and his music.

4. Anya

March 18, 2009 at 5:18 am

I like this song, the beat, and the swag but his name is too controversial for worldwide takeover or publicity outside Nigeria/Africa. Imagine if he got bigger and was popular outside africa, lets say he won an MTV award. If a white/non-black presenter announced “…and the winner is Nigga Raw”!!! How awkward is that/inappropriate?! I think he needs to change that name…i’m too uncomfortable with that word & I won’t play this song around my white/non-black friends.

5. Nma

March 19, 2009 at 3:43 am

I love me some Raw!
    he is not only funny, but speaks the truth…and his songs make sense unlike the many senseless ones out there. Wish he’d change his name to “Raw” tho.

6. Nma

March 19, 2009 at 3:44 am

gbam! u read my mind. I say he change it to just “Raw”.

7. tatafo!

March 19, 2009 at 4:02 am

why must they have fashion shows at every event?

8. Kunle

April 5, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Chei !, Dat Nigga Raw, he’s a bomb right 4rm time, and till now he music still stands out among others, I don’t hear most of the language but still I’m feeling it, thumbs up MAN….

9. XPERIMENT

July 23, 2011 at 8:14 pm

oh boy i no fit shout, this guy raw is just 2 much.for me he is my best artist world wide.becos each time i hear him blow, my God is like every thing is wel with me. i am one of his biggest fans here in cross river state.KEEP IT UP GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. XPERIMENT

July 23, 2011 at 8:28 pm

CHiNEKE!!! NA who born this boy? well done ma this is the highest contribution u have given 2 this wolrd.though idont undastnd wat he says but he cnvinced me very wel dat he is too much(I SAY HIM FOLLOW)I luv his songs even i can sing most of them just 2 tell u hw far i love d guy.abeg help me shout say DAT N.I.G.G.A RAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!