Music

Ayo to Perform in NYC and LA

ayoGreat news for Ayo fans in the U.S! As part of her world tour, the Nigerian-German soul singer will be performing in select U.S cities beginning this weekend. She originally planned to perform in Philadelphia, Boston and Baltimore but those shows have been canceled or not confirmed. Here are her upcoming shows:

Sunday May 17th New York Highland Ballroom

Sunday May 24th Los Angeles UCLA Jazz Raggae Festival

Unfortunately, Ayo will not be going to Nigeria as part of her world tour. Visit her website www.ayomusic.com for dates in France, Belgium and Switzerland. Below is her new video “Lonely” for your enjoyment. Happy Friday!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY_COI899S8[/youtube]

1. Mary

May 15, 2009 at 4:57 pm

Wao!!!! would see if I can be there as I would be visiting then thanks Bella for the info

2. mamie

May 15, 2009 at 5:53 pm

i think there is a mistake on the dates. the 24th is sunday …

3. Ngozi

May 15, 2009 at 9:42 pm

No Mamie,
    UCLA Jazz festivals are normally on Sundays’- No mistake 🙂

4. Olaronke

May 16, 2009 at 11:39 am

sniff sniff … when’s she gonna come to Lagos?!!!
    Would really love to see her play!

5. unicornblue

May 16, 2009 at 9:05 pm

I can’t believe I will be missing another Ayo performance! I love you Ayo!

6. AnnChuks

May 23, 2009 at 8:09 pm

Hi Bella,
    I’m not sure if you’re still showcasing Naija female singers. I strongly recommend NNEKA, she has an intensity and honest approach in her music that I have never seen! Been following her career for years! Please spotlight her! Interview her! She needs to break into the U.S market!

7. AnnChuks

May 23, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Hi Bella,
    This is my first time posting here! There seems to be a great Afro-Euro music movement evolving from Europe! I’m not sure if you’re still showcasing Naija female singers but please check out NNEKA! I’ve never seen anyone sing alot of intensity and honesty in their music. I’ve been following her career for that last couple of years. Please spotlight her! Interview her too!:)