Music

Darey stays on the Grind! Debuts ‘Let U Know’ video, Preps to release US Album and Unveils video bio

BellaNaija.com

Dare MV 3-175If anyone ever doubts Darey‘s work ethic, they just need to do a quick google search and they’ll have a quick change of heart. Darey seems intent on world domination, lets see how it all works out!

He has released yet another video from his album – UnDAREYted, this time its ‘Let U Know’ featuring Pheel. Next up, he will be releasing a repackaged and revamped new album especially for the US album.  Producers that have worked on the project so far are Ayodele Basil, Patrick Matthias, Cobhams Asuquo and Kurt Clayton. Darey is talented and obviously driven to succeed, lets hope he is able to connect to the US audience as he hopes. Chude Jideonwo wrote an interesting article on Darey for NEXT Newspaper. You can read the article HERE. The article has stirred a lot of discussion since it was published. Check on it! Finally, Darey has also released video bio  ‘Darey – Past, Present & Future’. See the video below.

All things Darey always inspires debate on BN so let us know what you think!

Darey – Past, Present & Future from Darey on Vimeo.

1. Elpee

August 10, 2009 at 11:07 pm

Is she wearing gold tights? or her legs over bronzed? Cheesy choreography.. I just find most naija choreography cheesy… Nice song tho. First dare song i like

2. THE AMAKA

August 10, 2009 at 11:13 pm

OMG! the girl is really pretty.
    the video was okay over all.

3. policeisyourfriend

August 10, 2009 at 11:37 pm

d lead girl in d video..too much grease in d hair no let the fan blow am well o!
    Those bum shorts with Darey written on them….CHEESY
    i swear i cant relate to all these Dare’s R&B songs…i only feel Fuji music and Young man!

cant wait for Sugabelly’s take on the obvious!!!lol

4. THE AMAKA

August 11, 2009 at 12:05 am

no the main girl was black. i dont think sugabelly will mind much.
    but im a little disappointed. why couldnt they all be black?
    its good that the black girl got the lead.
    but come on, we know in a white person’s video we wouldnt see black girl at all!!
    im tired of seeing oyibo. wannabe yankee shit.
    i miss when naija was more original. like back in 2006/2007

5. Ego

August 11, 2009 at 4:47 am

i actually like the video on the overalll of course he will use oibo so that he can appeal to the american crowd,it all publicity mehn!no shaking!

6. Sugabelly

August 11, 2009 at 4:59 am

Ah…. Dare’s new video.

I shall come back and comment tomorrow. 😀

7. BiggestBossThusFar

August 11, 2009 at 8:08 am

SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SONG + VIDEO!!!

PLS SOME MORE PROMO WILL DO SOME GOOD FOR DAREY!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEE ITTTTTT!

8. Ola

August 11, 2009 at 8:38 am

This is the first song from Darey I REALLY like – heck I paid 0.79p for it LOL

9. aso=dress

August 11, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Did you mean he is trying to appeal to a global audience or you really meant American audience….lol…
    OK why is he trying to appeal to an AMERICAN audience?Even if you want to be an international act you can still use an all black cast..Do u really think they give a shit about us!anywayz the sensible americans(if they ever come across his music) will wonder what white girls are doing in his video being that he is from an all BLACK nation..I dont like the video or the song…When i listen to 9ja music i want something Nigerian to jump out at me..so when it doesnt i dont feel d music at all…cos this is something any random American R & B artiste will do….just my thinking sa
    btw- i dont think all d chics in this video where all white sa…there was one white/indian/lebanese/whatever(i cant tell) and i think the others where just really light skinned or bi racial

10. Omoye

August 11, 2009 at 6:39 pm

I have nothing against Dare as a person or a musician but let the truth be said (and for his own good; that is): the beats were faster than Dare’s voice and the sound editing is poor.

11. EGGONE

August 12, 2009 at 1:43 am

i think you should just respect yourself and keep quiet. ‘cos on your blog you have a mixed race man’s photo on there. i don’t know why you think its one law for you and a different one for the men. please leave him be, everything doesn’t have to be black and white okay? and i don’t think it is dare’s place to make YOU feel good about your skin tone. his wife is darker than you so go figure. this is my ‘preemptive strike’ lol!

12. Roli Baba

August 12, 2009 at 3:10 am

Someone say Craig David meets T Pain, pretty generic but cool as heck. I’d definitely have this on my playlist very lounge type and totally mature. But what the heck was with all the vegetable oil on dark chocolate’s legs. Biggup Darey, but good luck with stimulating an already oversaturated market where image trumps talent.

13. eleganzabiro

August 12, 2009 at 4:18 am

lol!!Eggone you no even let the babe land!!!LWKMD
    yup its not up to Dare to make any one feel good about their skin tone….but we do know the media goes a long way in affecting people especially kids.Parents may tell their kids that their black skin tone is the bomb but if the media cannot corroborate that fact then it shows that something is wrong!!
    But you are right Eggone, if that is the way Dare feels then that is his wahala..dont expect him to educate you -abi?

14. Bola

August 12, 2009 at 4:39 am

LOL, i thought at first it was a MTN advert with the ladies painting the yellow background.

Serious talk tho, the babe is fine n the song is cool

15. THE AMAKA

August 12, 2009 at 10:05 am

what is her blog? i want to see it.
    but come on!!! i believe all the girls should have been black if not nigerian.
    cause blacks and africans are still struggling but those girls could get work anywhere in the world.
    i agree on that point that suga said on the dbanj video.
    but i do get tired of seeing whites in our videos when we see no blacks/africans in white people videos.
    it gets pretty annoying. why are we always representing them and they never represent us?
    na wa oo!!

16. THE AMAKA

August 12, 2009 at 10:10 am

yeah but the fact still remains that those girls werent black nor african.
    only the main girl can pass.
    but dare should not be trying to appeal to an american audience by using non black girls. are black girls not good enough anymore?
    this is what i call selling out if someone has to go that far.

17. EGGONE

August 12, 2009 at 11:20 am

she put a photo of a mixed race man on her blog, drooling over him. and from what i hear, this is not the first time she has done it. she put pictures of only white men and mixed race men, NEVER DARK SKINNED GUYS. She is as bad as the people she condemns even worse.

18. Sugabelly

August 12, 2009 at 6:39 pm

OMG Eggone are you this pathetic?

I have “drooled” over sexy men of all backgrounds on my blog so for you to come here and claim that I like only white men and mixed race men is just sad.

Haba, think up a more salient point of argument.

Tyson Beckford is very dark skinned and I think he’s sexy as hell. Djimon Hounsou is very dark skinned and I think he’s crazy sexy, omg, the list goes on. I haven’t even said anything on this post yet and already you want to bite me. It’s so sad.

And since you brought up it up, yes, I think Dare should have given those four positions to Nigerian women instead of outsourcing the work to these four chicks. 😀

19. Sugabelly

August 12, 2009 at 6:46 pm

Plus, I cannot believe that you roam about “hearing” things about me. Don’t you have work to do?

20. EGGONE

August 12, 2009 at 7:21 pm

i actually don’t have work to do hence the reason why i have ur time BIGTIME. White man lover, lol!
    On a more serious note, don’t you think you should drop this colour thing? it is a bit spent. Dare obviously loves his women big, black and beautiful (like you). cut him some slack. abeg

21. Sugabelly

August 12, 2009 at 7:52 pm

Correction Eggone, I am a lover of sexy men everywhere, be they Chinese, Yoruba, or Shona.

The colour thing isn’t spent until things actually begin to change. I’m not concerned with what Dare personally loves. What he does in his personal life is not my business. He’s married to a Nigerian woman, hey good for him.

My problem is with the fact that there is record unemployment in Nigeria yet Dare continues to outsource valuable work.

Secondly, Dare’s continued portrayal of white/indian/lebanese women as the standard of desirability to his African audience is destructive to young African girls whose self-esteem is still forming. Like Eleganzabiro said up there: Your parents can tell you that Black is Beautiful from morning to night, but if every time you put on your TV, or you open a magazine or a book, or you look at a billboard, it is always a white/lebanese/indian woman with flowing blowing hair and luminous white/cream skin that you know will never be yours then it will damage your image of yourself somehow.

And you know what? The reason so many people go about screaming Black is Beautiful from morning to night is because they need to keep saying it to remind themselves to believe it, because the world around them doesn’t think Black is beautiful AT ALL. The world around them thinks only white and co are beautiful and the world around them only rewards Black women that take advanced measures to reduce or hide their African features such as their hair (relaxing), the colour of their skin (bleaching/toning), the width of their nose (Rhinoplasty is the number one procedure for Black women according to Plastic Surgery journals), etc.

White women don’t go around screaming White is Beautiful. They don’t say it because they don’t NEED to say it. A White woman does not need to remind herself that she is beautiful, the whole world is doing the reminding for her. Everywhere she looks she sees images of smiling, happy, beautiful white women that are desired universally. Everywhere she turns she sees herself represented in every media form known to man. Even when she looks at the most miniscule and insignificant things she sees herself represented – most ClipArt diagrams that are used for simple signs worldwide are made up of white people, most video game characters are white, most of the hairstyles that most of the people in this world wear on a daily basis are hairstyles that are easily achievable with Caucasian hair.

White women don’t have to worry about not being beautiful. A white woman would never even think about her hair when preparing for a job interview. As long as she combs it and it is neat, that’s her last thought about her hair. A Black woman on the other hand might agonize about her hairstyle and wonder whether it’s too ethnic (wtf does that even supposed to mean?) and whether she should wear a weave for the interview. The story goes on.

That is the world we live in, and to be born Black in this world is to be born disadvantaged. Black women have to STRUGGLE to be selected to be the heroine on TV or in magazines. They have to STRUGGLE to get modelling jobs. They have to STRUGGLE twice as hard to be considered only HALF as beautiful as white, arab, indian, etc women.

And in the midst of this, useless artists like Dare are giving away all the hard won opportunities of Nigerian women to foreigners who have people from all nations begging them and laying jobs at their feet.

Do you think it would be difficult for those four girls in this video to go to Europe and get jobs modeling for fashion or in music videos?

Now how easy do you think it is for Nigerian women to get those same jobs modeling? Do you know that Prada never used a single Black model for TEN straight years except Naomi Campbell? Do you know how many runway shows Prada did in all those years? and in ten years only ONE model was Black.

And Prada isn’t even an African company, it’s an Italian one. Now tell me, when even African companies, musicians, organisations, etc are rushing to offer all their jobs, opportunities, and chances to whites/asians/ arabs, etc on a golden platter, where do African women turn for their own opportunities, for their own recognition?

When your own people will not even give you a chance or support you, where can you turn?

I do not need Dare to help my self-esteem. I am twenty years old and I spent my teenage years navigating the choppy waters of boys, school, magazines, and pop stars. I’ve got that down. Also, I was never even really into music either way, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t young girls out there, and young boys too, young Nigerians who hang on every word that falls from these artists’ lips, who listen to their music religiously and watch their videos over and over again, who want to be like them.

Because there are. And people think that children don’t notice, but kids notice a lot. Nigerian kids notice that MOST of the people they see on TV don’t look like them. If you don’t believe me ask the next random five year old you see. Nigerian girls notice that a lot of the women in these music videos don’t look like them.

Nigerian girls (assuming their parents have not already burned their hair into submission) also notice that their hair will never be like the princesses they see in Disney cartoons with their long flowing, blowing hair that they can use to climb out of locked towers with Prince Charming.

And all these little things build up. And by the time they’re sixteen they know that they are the underdogs in this world, and they know that the beautiful people are white, or arab, or indian, or asian, or ANYTHING, but certainly NOT them.

Dare does not have a personal responsibility to me or anyone else, but he does have corporate social responsibility as an artist who operates like a business entity. He has a social responsibility to employ Nigerians, he has a social responsibility to ensure that the messages he subconsciously transmits with his music videos are not damaging to the psyche of his Nigerian fans.

Dare has released FOUR videos in a row that heavily feature white/indian/lebanese/arab women, and I don’t know about you but four videos in a row is a screaming message.

22. THE AMAKA

August 12, 2009 at 9:05 pm

YES!!!!! THANK YOU SUGABELLY.
    your message is powerful.
    anyone that doesnt see anything wrong in dare’s video is just lost.
    like i always say, until whites start to glorify us, there is NO NEED to continuously glorify them. what message is dare trying to put out there? i wish i could meet dare in person and talk some sense into him.
    rubbish man, no nigerian should support his music since his music isnt even geared towards the nigerian artist. all this T-Pain garbage is he trying to make.

23. EGGONE

August 12, 2009 at 11:32 pm

wow! sugabelly, if i did not grow up in nigeria, i would have believed you. all this story for music video? so when will it end? when he features only DARK SKINNED black women? cos if he features black women who are light skinned you will complain.
    Dare has corporate social responsibility to employ nigerians? wow! did your parents think twice before sending you abroad to study? or it did not occur to them that nigerian universities needed ‘brains’ like yours, or rather they did not think they had a social responsibility to consider the feelings of other kids in nigeria whose parents cannot afford these huge foreign fees. Just like you who wants western education, dare wants to appeal to the wider world… infact i applaud the fact that he is not ‘racist’ and hypocritical like you who has only featured mixed race/white men on her blog. the fact that you love men of all race is irrelevant as your blog proves otherwise. When you start putting pictures of only dark skinned naija men on your blog, then you can speak. or are you now telling me that you are not aware of the fact that majority of the people who read your blog are nigerians? what message are you sending to them, better still where is your social resposibility towards the dark skinned men not featured?

24. Ola

August 13, 2009 at 12:56 am

You must be very foolish to be calling Darey a “useless artist.” Let us not muddle the issue of his music versus his videos. May people not look at your life’s work and call it useless, SMH. Not like I particularly like Darey sef….. anyhooo

You are the one disadvantaged oh! Imagine this nonsensical statement, “To be born black is to be born disadvantaged?” Do you have a BS(Bullshit) generator? (Bella do not censor me!) This statement will probably fly over the usual Sugabelly worshippers. Not falling for it, because it is 100% tosh.

And REALLY? White women don’t have to worry about being beautiful? I wasn’t aware that you had mind-reading listed as one of your skills. Do you think low self-esteem/not thinking you are beautiful is restricted to black folk? You are always the victim aren’t you – “Lord help us the world is overrun by caucasians!” Who the hell cares? In Nigeria people are dying of poverty, education has gone to the dogs, kidnappings, ritual killings, people are sick but there are no good hospitals etcetera?! Do you think that the first thing a typical Nigerian is thinking of is “Oh Darey, foolish man for putting white girls in his video!” Get it into your thick skull, no one gives a toss. Your argument(scratch that RANTING) gets more and more tired with each passing day.

25. Sugabelly

August 13, 2009 at 2:46 am

@Eggone: I’ve already talked about why I attend school in America so I’m not going to talk about it again. Also, In the post above I never said anything about darkskinned women. All I talked about were Nigerians. And yes, Dare does have corporate social responsibility to Nigerians.

Dare does not need to use white women in order to appeal to the wider world. The whole point of appealing to the wider world is bringing what you have from your corner of the world to the world’s platform, and what we have in our corner of the world are Nigerian women. In his music videos Dare has an opportunity to show the world that Nigerian women are beautiful, interesting, intriguing, sexy, desirable, etc but he’s not taking that opportunity. Instead he keeps turning out the same mindless nonsense slavishly glorifying foreign women over Nigerians.

Also, as far as my blog goes, I wouldn’t rely on my blog as absolute and concrete proof of which men I find sexy. My blog isn’t really about men, it’s more a hodge-podge of my love life (which until recently has only featured one Nigerian man) and other random things I do or am interested in. So, if I had a blog that was dedicated mostly to featuring men that I thought were sexy and most of the men I featured were lightskinned or half-caste, then you would have a point. Until I start doing that, you don’t. Also, I am not a corporate entity like Dare is. That being said, I think you need to check in with the bloggers that actually know me in real life before you decide whether or not I have a bias towards light skinned men.

@Ola: I don’t care for Dare’s music. I’m sure that just as I think his music is crap there are legions of people that think his music is the shiznit. So don’t worry.

And no, self-esteem issues are not restricted to only black women by any means but when one talks about SOCIAL REAFFIRMATION OF YOUR BEAUTY (the keyword here is social as in society) then white women are top dog and black women are the bottom of the barrel and everyone is in between.

Society affirms the beauty of white women more than anyone else. And society also affirms the beauty of black women far less than it does for anyone else. And sometimes, society tries to assert that black women are ugly. You don’t have to take my word for it, go do an independent survey of the media you consume (excluding deliberately all-black programming like BET) and make note of how many times you see white faces and how many times you see black faces. Better yet, go make a survey of all the major movies you’ve enjoyed and count how many times a black woman was the protagonist.

I don’t make this stuff up, it just is.

And yes, there are lots of more worthwhile issues going down in Nigeria as I type this. I am well aware of them. There are lots of other Nigerian issues that bug me and that I talk about. Yes, people are dying of hunger in Nigeria, Boko Haram was wreaking havoc only last week, but you Ola obviously didn’t think any of that was important enough because YOU came here and took the time to read what I had to say about Dare’s music video. You could have used that time to write a letter to YarAdua to petition his miserable government (since you care so much) but you obviously didn’t because I’m replying YOUR comment right now, so if anything, you’re just as bad as me.

Nigeria has lots of different issues. Some are more important that others certainly, but just because one is more important does not mean that the less important ones cease to be issues that need to be addressed.

Last time I checked the title of this post had something to do with Dare and his new video not the starving masses of Nigeria.

I’m sure if I had come to this same post and started lamenting about how people are starving to death you would have been on your high horse pointing out how random and irrelevant my comment was. It’s only normal to want the comments to relate to the article.

26. geekgirl

August 13, 2009 at 3:04 am

i agree with sugabelly 101%

27. EGGONE

August 13, 2009 at 6:47 am

@THE AMAKA, is there any logical reason why you refer to Ola and I as fools? That we blatantly refuse to buy into sugabelly’s rants qualifies us as ‘fool’? I will strongly advise you check your language.
    @sugabelly, i have long since suspected that your issues stem from a lifetime of self hatred and in the past i have strongly recommended you seek help. I think your arguement would have been plausible if your ‘rage’ wasn’t so blind and glaring at the same time. You only look at these videos for the colour of skin. And you have attacked artistes that use lightskinned black women in the past even where they are clearly black or nigerian. Your issue is not about his lack of use of nigerian women, it is the use of light skinned women period, regardless of where they come from.

If you have been discriminated against in the past because of your skintone, i will suggest you tell people about your experiences and, we can therefore empathise with you. But forcing these ‘issues’ down our throat will not work.
    I was born and bred in nigeria, and i can assure you that not once did i think that being born black was a disadvantage. I think your being in America has worsened things for you. The issues that black women face in America is very different from what the black woman in nigeria faces. In Nigeria we grew up with majority of the people looking like us. This is not the case in America. Stop using the black american debate as a yardstick for all black women in the world.
    And your continuous justification of featuring white and mixed race men on your blog is laughable. Laughable because for one who champions these black issue ’cause’, one would expect that your blog will be featuring pictures of dark skinned brothers knowing that they too are at a disadvantage – practice what you preach my love. You don’t care that dare’s wife is dark skinned, you just want to blindly believe he prefers light skinned, yet you want me to care that you love all men of different races when your blog states otherwise. Abeg leave tory.
    You want to be white, you wish you were light skinned so therefore, you HATE on anyone who has what you so crave for. Please face your studies as you are fighting a lost cause. And instead of trying to put all light skinned/white women out of work, why not shout out to the dark skinned sisters who are representing you out there in a positive way. How come you never talk about them? The mIchelle obama’s, the oprahs, the Oluchi’s and many other nollywood actresses. Why are you always focusing on insignificant women in videos who are shaking their yansh. you know why? because of your self hatred, you automatically think men prefer them over your type. Do yu think the oprahs and michelles of this world could care less about such videos? there are more important things out there to worry about. Better still start the healing process from within and, don’t let someone else define your beauty for you, nor do you have any right to demand that acceptance from them.

28. Sugabelly

August 13, 2009 at 7:37 am

@Eggone: Oh my God, get a life!

If you don’t know me, and if you have not known me all my life then your “suspicions” about my “supposed lifetime of self hatred” are about as valid as assertions that cockroaches have mastered quantum physics.

Abeg jo, you have nothing, and I repeat NOTHING useful to say. It’s waaaaaaay past your bed time. This argument is over. There isn’t even a shred of intelligence in what you just wrote and I am tired of debating this issue with someone whose use of logic is questionable at best.

I’ve said what I meant to say. The fact that you don’t like it doesn’t make it any less true. And unlike you, what I say actually makes sense. You on the other hand are simply grasping at straws with your wild speculations about my private life.

I don’t know why you want so desperately for me to want to be white. Whatever your reasons are, good luck in your quest. Maybe if you actually put forth arguments that made sense once in a while, maybe if you actually gave logical and valid reasons for your standpoint, maybe then I might continue this discussion with you, but until then I’m checking out.

You’d think with the immense size of the Internet it wouldn’t be so hard to have an intelligent non-crazily speculative discussion with someone from an opposing viewpoint once in a while, but evidently I was wrong.

You have a nice day conjuring up your colourful imaginations about my life. I hope you have lots of fun.

29. Ola

August 13, 2009 at 10:32 am

@ The Amaka
    I read your comment and laughed. Between you and I, I know who the fool is here. Still laughing. Learn to think for yourself sweetie. Someone could tell you to jump into a ditch and you would. Read the inherent stupidity of your argument. Darey would be lucky if One million Nigerians watched this. Your point is therefore what? Moving on swifty…..

@Sugabelly – what gives you the impression I haven’t done those things already? It would be a bit much for me to come and paste letter/petition to the Nigerian Government, no? The point – which you never EVER seem to grasp – is that there are more important issues for you to be wasting internet ink on. It’s rather tiresome to be hearing the same broken record. I refuse to buy into your illusion.

“Social Reaffirmation of your beauty?” Haha there goes the BS generator again! What class/textbook/afrocentric friends did you get that from? Oh, you make this stuff up by YOURSELF? Which society do you speak off because I know you are not talking about Nigerian society – or are you? You are kidding right?

There is something to be said for choosing what you consume. Your logic fails me. Last time I checked what I was “consuming” I would say the white/black percentage was about even. Actually maybe the black was winning! Who the heck cares? Do I make a graph of what I watched since when I could pee unaided? This would achieve what exactly? Katt Williams said SELF ESTEEM – is ESTEEM OF YOUR MOTHER *BLEEPING* SELF. If you are going to wait for the people on TV, Magazines, in music to tell you that you are beautiful and “esteemed”(no matter what “colour” they are) – let’s just say it will be a long wait. Why should you or I or anyone else let society dictate what is beautiful to us? Answer that (Actually don’t. I don’t care either way). Please please stop looking at people by “colour”/skintone. It “colours” your argument.

*BET is a cancer that is ravaging society, both black and white.

30. Sugabelly

August 13, 2009 at 3:00 pm

@Ola: If you’re so engrossed in your letter writing campaign to the Nigerian government then why are you so bothered with me and my activities. A truly concerned citizen wouldn’t even waste the time it took you to type this and would be busy writing even more letters or recruiting even more followers to the cause.

And if you think I have a BS generator, that’s cool. I happen to think your head is just plain full of BS, which is why you see BS everywhere you look. But hey, that’s my opinion and you have yours.

Again, get off your self-esteem trip. You cannot make statements about someone’s personal self-esteem if you do not know and have never interacted with them. To continue to hammer at something you have no grasp of makes you seem desperate.

Plus, from your comments about my suggestions on surveying the media that you consume, you obviously do care or you wouldn’t bother to keep replying me. And it is a lie that that it will be long if a woman decides to wait for TV and the Media to tell her that she is beautiful. It is an extremely short wait if that woman happens to be white. If however, that woman is Black, then I concur, the wait will be long and torturous. And that, is precisely what I am railing against.

And as your friend Eggone noted above, we all grew up in Nigeria, a country where everybody is black. Now, if everybody is Black, what justification does Dare have again for putting four white women in his video? What further justification does he have for making four videos in a row featuring white women? To whom in his Nigerian audience does he hope to appeal?

Do you not see how you are contradicting yourselves? On the one hand you are claiming that Dare is right to put white women in his videos and that I am jealous and secretly wish to be white, and on the other hand you are asserting that pretty much everybody in Nigeria is black and thereby backing up my point.

Either way, I refuse to continue this discussion with you or Eggone any longer. It will only lead to headaches and numerous facepalm moments.

Please stop claiming that you don’t care when it is so obvious from the fury in your comments to me that you DO care. And please find a new argument that doesn’t involve self-esteem. Not only is an old unprovable argument, it also begs the question: Do you have anything ELSE intelligent to say? Or are you just going to keep flogging that one half-assed point way after it’s dead and rotted?

I will give you one thing though. BET is a cancer. I wouldn’t watch BET even on the pain of death.

31. Ola

August 13, 2009 at 10:39 pm

LMAO – if a casual observer were to read this – I am pretty sure he/she would know who has the “fury”. Look who is talking about a dead and rotted point. Really though? I happen to think your brain is full of excuse making defeatism, where all the problems in this world can be attributed to the white man, and someone is always to blame for the state of the “black race” never mind the black people themselves. But we are cool right? It is MY OPINION too. LOL

And please stop attributing things to me that I did not say. Eggone and I disagree with you – fine. Don’t now start using your blind rage against us both of us/lumping our separate arguments and claiming how we “contradict” ourselves – we did not form a coalition. YES I REALLY DO NOT CARE ABOUT WHAT DAREY DOES, OR YOU. I’m irritated, yes because I actually took the time to see if your argument had any merit, as a reasonable person would. Flipping waste of time. I’m done.

32. Ola

August 13, 2009 at 11:08 pm

I am “feeling” this Pheel guy! Lovely singing!

33. sweetie

August 14, 2009 at 2:48 pm

i looooooooooooove this song!!

34. Boss

August 15, 2009 at 11:38 pm

hahahaha, girls have issues!!

35. pontepomz

August 30, 2009 at 8:23 pm

wat do u knw abt music?lol dis is the best song i have heard.

36. Ewewale

May 24, 2012 at 2:11 am

@Sugabelly
    @Eggone
    @Ola
    You guys are hot, like really hot.
    I just saw this post three years late and your arguments hold water … Hmmmm
    You guys should team up and administer a website that does critique and stuff where you each take sides
    It would be successful, believe me

37. Ewewale

May 24, 2012 at 2:13 am

Plus I love Darey, simple.