News

Korto Momolu Back on Project Runway

img2AKorto Momolu-Briggs was a favorite of many to win last season’s Project Runway and the Liberian talent will get another chance to “rule the runway”. Korto will be competing against eight past designers for the chance to win $200,000 during the All Star Challenge, a two-hour special right before the premiere of the sixth season.  The workroom special is scheduled to air on Thursday, August 20 at 8 pm EST on Lifetime Television in the U.S.

Even though Korto did not win last season, she has been showcasing her awesome designs and representing Africa over the past few months. Korto has been featured by EOnline.com, Essence.com, LA Times, The Huffington Post, InStyle.com, and MarieClaire.com. Korto was spotted a few weeks ago at the Elements of Pose event in New York organized by Adireé Fashion Agency and will also be presenting at Boston Fashion Week in October.  Here are some pictures below of Korto’s new collection from the event.

By Adireé Fashion Agency

By Adireé Fashion Agency

By Adireé Fashion Agency

By Adireé Fashion Agency

by Adireé Fashion Agency

By Adireé Fashion Agency

by Adireé Fashion Agency

By Adireé Fashion Agency

By Adireé Fashion Agency

By Adireé Fashion Agency

By Adireé Fashion Agency

By Adireé Fashion Agency

By Adireé Fashion Agency

Adiat Disu of Adireé Fashion Agency is working on some very exciting fashion projects in New York. Look out for a follow up article on Adiat and Adireé Fashion Agency.

1. africhika

August 12, 2009 at 10:55 pm

korto has already proven herself, regardless of if she wins the all star competition. i personally think her designs are nothing new and a little cliche, but people love them and i’m always in support of a hardworking african sister with goals. i wouldn’t be surprised to see her line at macy’s or something. the sky’s the limit.

2. geekgirl

August 13, 2009 at 1:13 am

will be rooting for her….loved her designs so much

3. Renee

August 13, 2009 at 2:31 am

I used to love love her designs on Project runway. I wonder who won cos I never got to see the season finale

4. Bola

August 13, 2009 at 6:16 am

yeah, wish ms. Korto the besta luck, her clothes have a tone of sophistication to them. nothing terribly new, but flyy mehn. hope she wins!

5. Onegoodturn

August 13, 2009 at 10:42 am

Great work Korto, making us Africans very proud of you! As for Adiat Disu, I will give her one advice, which is to humble herself and be kind to whomever she meets on her way to making it. There are b**ches in the fashion industry but you don’t have to be one.

6. Sugabelly

August 13, 2009 at 9:49 pm

OMG Korto is SUCH a talented designer. She was supposed to win the last season. I don’t know why they gave it to that nonsense Leanne. Either way I hope she wins this one. She deserves it.

7. policeisyourfriend

August 16, 2009 at 3:42 am

lol..you think leanne was nonsense about that Kenley girl!!Lol..that girl had problems…i even hrd on the news a while ago that she attacked her BF with a CAT!!!lmao…that girl is MAD

8. policeisyourfriend

August 16, 2009 at 3:43 am

Leanne won..:-(

9. Tumi Jẹgẹdẹ

August 16, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Fantastic to say the least!!

10. Sugabelly

August 16, 2009 at 11:56 pm

I completely forgot about Kenley. She was crazy.

11. Africanfantasiesbecomereality

August 19, 2009 at 4:08 am

Korto is an amazing artist. Fusing fashion with her cultural “element.” As for Adiat I’m proud that she is focusing on African fashion professionals. I met her at the show and her humility is beyond me.

I’m proud of my sisters. Korto being Liberian and Adiat being Nigerian. Looking forward to seeing more from them period.

12. Africanfantasiesbecomereality

August 19, 2009 at 4:15 am

13. Africanfantasiesbecomereality

August 19, 2009 at 4:18 am

I’m proud to be West African! This article is amazing Bella. Kortos!! (No pun intended).

Adiat Disu – Nigerian and Korto Momolu – Liberian are amazing at what they do. I’m excited to see what will come from them.

I did my research, and saw some photos on FB and loved the overall event. Designers were well selected and the event was amazing produced.

BIG UP WEST AFRICA.

14. luvlife

August 29, 2009 at 7:15 pm

It was so unfair that Korto lost out again!!! to someone else. I felt her pain so much I almost cried for her. Please tell me what Daniel Vosovic did to win. I’ve always liked him and I regretted that he did not win in season 2 because I thought his collection was the best. However, I think the producers were going thru a crisis of conscience for previously denying him the win and they decided to make up for it by “stealing” korto’s birthright (i know it’s not that serious but I’m pained for her). I know KORTO will make it. She has loads of potential and she is highly favored.

15. akintayo ololade

June 18, 2011 at 8:31 pm

kortu really inspired me and i am thrilled by her designs

16. yinka dolapo

October 25, 2014 at 12:13 am

Was looking for this article!!! Does anyone know how to get in contact with Adiat ? I’ve been following her work with fashion brands from Africa! Just saw her on BBC!!!! Like seriously stalking : )