News

BN Wedding Glam: The Alima Oyofo & Abdulmalik Muazu Engagement

BellaNaija.com

We featured the wedding last week and now its BN Wedding Glam from the engagement ceremony of Alima Oyofo & Abdulmalik Muazu.
We really love the sari concept as a refreshing alternative to traditional aso ebi.
Really beautiful!
BN Wedding Glam Alima Oyofo Bella Naija0006BN Wedding Glam Alima Oyofo Bella Naija0007BN Wedding Glam Alima Oyofo Bella Naija0008BN Wedding Glam Alima Oyofo Bella Naija0009BN Wedding Glam Alima Oyofo Bella Naija0010BN Wedding Glam Alima Oyofo Bella Naija0005BN Wedding Glam Alima Oyofo Bella Naija0001BN Wedding Glam Alima Oyofo Bella Naija0002BN Wedding Glam Alima Oyofo Bella Naija0003BN Wedding Glam Alima Oyofo Bella Naija0004BN Wedding Glam Alima Oyofo Bella Naija0011

1. khasomi

November 23, 2009 at 8:28 pm

You seem to have the concept of Aso-ebi wrong.Aso ebi can be anything as long as it is uniform. what you probably meant is the concept of the sari dt was chosen is different from the usual lace and ankara. Ironically, people from other cultures appreciate us more when we dress Nigerian. That said, the couple have shown how much they love Indian movies. Check out my blog http://www.houseofloko.blogspot.com

2. brownsugah

November 23, 2009 at 9:01 pm

I love the concept but don’t loose your culture in the process. Lovely colors.

• M

October 3, 2010 at 10:32 pm

I guess you think the Wht-wedding dress something every Woman should wear in the west. I like what I see, Indian women here in the U.S. are getting married in what ever they like & not always a sari..

3. chinelo

November 23, 2009 at 9:36 pm

i kinda love the aso ebi

4. Naija Da Vixen

November 23, 2009 at 10:49 pm

idk how i feel about the aso-ebi..i mean i love sari but i don’t wear it the actual Indian Attire because i feel its respectivley theirs, for example one of my uncle’s who is married to a indian women was a bit upset when she went to a Naija party and saw a women wear sari the traditional indian style. Well i can respect that the bride wanted to be different but i kinda think she lost her culture on this one, but at the end of the day she is the bride so she gets what she wants loll

5. bm

November 24, 2009 at 1:24 am

I think the point is that no one Indian will rock Iro, buba, Kaftan, or gele for their wedding. So the issue of cultural complex comes in…

Imagine I watched a Nigerian-American lady on Style Network fly to get a South African-themed wedding with the paid congregation? When she could have used the airtime to show some colorful Nigerian stuff. I pitied her.

I love the sari thing though! Its different They all look gorgeous.

6. MiaJadore

November 24, 2009 at 6:12 am

Pretty ladies, nice colors and styles, but why Indian theme?

7. seanini

November 24, 2009 at 2:16 pm

lovely concept,they all look gorgeous.right on point

8. Etana

November 24, 2009 at 3:01 pm

I agree they look nice.
    But will we ever see an Indian couple wearing nigerian attires on their wedding or engagement day. Doubt it?

9. abby

November 25, 2009 at 12:40 am

they all look good but its not an i dea i would consider. i mean some pple havent finshed liking ankara and iro and buba and u know want to go an add sari to it again abeg lol but as someone said, the bride gets what she wants regardless lol

10. Tessy

November 25, 2009 at 8:54 am

yes they look good but this is just for the india’s naijjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa peolpe

11. Bunmi

November 25, 2009 at 10:35 am

I think people are getting it all wrong here…why must we be all about the culture and all that Bruhaha…This is just a bride being creative and wanting to do something different, in what way does that translate to culture complex…I have a German friend (married to a Filipino) who named his first child Ayodele…does that make him any less German? People…learn to think and view life outside the box!

12. keke

November 25, 2009 at 4:27 pm

I’m SICK AND TIRED of all the hating on the nigerian blogosphere.What’s with all the comments about foreigners wearing nigerian attire and yada yada. Even if u do not personally know any indians that’ll dress nigerian on their weddings, that doesnt give you a valid argument. I actually know more than one foreign couple who have worn nigerain attires at their weddings. most of my foreign friends jump at the opportunity to wear gele so quit with the hating. This was a themed wedding, it coulda been an island theme, a Nigerian theme, a Victorian theme, a princess theme, hell, even a Halloween costume theme for all i care!. Please if you arent very familiar with this sorts go on Google and type “themed weddings”

13. Mr. Nigeria

November 25, 2009 at 5:51 pm

I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT I LOVE IT… THE LADIES ARE LOOKING ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS…… I BEG WHICH ONE OF YOU IS SINGLE??

14. misshuggs

November 27, 2009 at 2:02 am

lol…these comments are hillarious! it is apparent that most of you are from nigeria or have always lived in nigeria. there is only one race, the human race (genetics proves that). its a wedding for pete’s sake! its not a commitment to a religion. i for one will wear whatever I WANT to wear and have the kind of wedding I WANT to have– no tradition or standard is going to influence that. please, try picking up a book or educating yourself. to judege somone based on appearance or their personal choice of attire is very childish and shows a lack of intellicutal maturity.

15. Naija Da Vixen

November 28, 2009 at 2:39 am

whoaaa lmaooo y’ll are taking this toooo seriously and taking it to the heart others are giving their own opinion, its really not that serious, its JUST a blog just because you have a contrary opinion doesn’t mean you are hating lmaooo… im just saying..

16. cheung!

November 28, 2009 at 10:25 am

pls dresses are not part of nigerian culture, whats d big deal?

17. cheung!

November 28, 2009 at 10:35 am

ppl are very closed minded , i also have a friend called shola, she is not nigerian but wenever she meets nigerian ppl, they say whats ur full name and she says just shola …. one woman even said to her ur parents just didnt tell u ur full name it has to be adesola or olusola…. she was like no its just shola my dad is white and my mum is jamaican…my dad just hrd d name and he liked it so he decided to call me shola!!!!
    imagine poor girl must have felt bad after that woman said that to her like her parents adopted her lol is her dad less white no? is she nigerian ? no
    NAija ppl need to be schooled it not all about us mehn! my sis wore bought saries for a multicultural event in school, she has ankaras too does that make her indian no!

18. Coco

November 28, 2009 at 10:38 am

i love love love it!!! It’s different and fresh, the ladies look fabulous too.

19. Diamondgirl

November 28, 2009 at 12:52 pm

I feel this theme is unique!!!… Nigerians should quit hating and get real..c’mon wat have they done wrong again

20. silva

November 29, 2009 at 7:33 pm

i love the 3rd sari, d one dat designer has on…

21. Rene

December 1, 2009 at 10:06 am

Wow!
    I’m loving it!
    Alima stole my concept(kidding).
    This is sooooooo cooool!

22. cece

January 2, 2010 at 4:17 am

who said the bride was looking 4 her culture neways. plz r beg jump out of ur box n tell ur uncle 2 mind his business. at least the bride has a ming of her own n does not follow the masses, all in the name of culture.