News

Learn from the Best! 3-Day DIY Makeup/Beauty Seminar by Tinu Shaiye Featuring Banke Meshida-Lawal & Lola Maja

BellaNaija.com

Makeup Artist – Tinu Shaiye of TinuShaiye Makeup Artistry Inc, will be hosting a 3-day seminar in June 2010. The event is aimed at empowering ladies with the skills to enable them carry out the colorful art of makeup application, gele-tieing and skin care all by themselves is tagged D.I.Y/D.I.P – Do It Yourself /Do It Professionally .

The 3-Day event will hold in Yaba, Lagos and will have “masters of the thriving beauty industry” as facilitators. They include:

• Tinuola Shaiye – TinuShaiye Makeup Artistry
  • Cecilia Erahbor – Couvrez Skin Care
  • Banke Meshida-Lawal – BMPro
  • Jasmine Bruce & Nana – Monae Spa
  • Bunmi Oyeniyi – Unveil Makeup
  • Lola Maja –  Sacred Lashes

Registration is N15,000

Interested? Forms are available at the following locations

TinuShaiye MA Studio. 24, Isaac John, GRA, Ikeja.

All Bobby’s Signature Salons

Frida’s Salon, Unilag

XnB’s Salon, University Road, Akoka

Monae Spa – Silverbird Galleria

The first 50 people to register, get free eyelash extension application lessons.
Sponsored Content

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.comFollow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. Ujubaby

May 28, 2010 at 7:28 pm

1st 2 comment!

2. Swtheart

May 28, 2010 at 8:04 pm

@Ujubaby, so?
    Looks like an intensive training…

3. Oremi

May 28, 2010 at 10:29 pm

This ‘first to comment’ thing is now a game, kinda sounds like kids playing ‘I touch you last’ lol…meanwhile are this people going to teach you how to paint ojuju calabar on the face? Sounds like it..15K my foot…NEXT!

4. tochi

May 29, 2010 at 12:16 am

ha mehnnnn Oremi you actually, literally made me laught hard!! with your ojuju calabar steaze mehn…daylight robberry 15k for what.Henh ujubaby you again get a job love and stop internet stalking kmt!

5. fruity

May 29, 2010 at 12:19 am

Who’s TinuShaiye????………………..
    NEVER heard of her before oh……………Wnt to her website and honestly, i wasnt too impressed……..Have been lookin for a course lyk ds,bt not 2 sure abt this particular one oh.15k is not a joke…….If anyone knows better,please enlighten me………

6. olori

May 29, 2010 at 12:21 am

another wannabe!,i don’t even like the make up on d poster,go retrain urself

7. silva

May 29, 2010 at 2:05 am

everything is in lagos…mscheew! this dry abuja sef! 🙁

8. beautiful iris

May 29, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Guys,pay 15k and learn to properly apply your makeup.Buying 20k,30k e.t.c
    worth of makeup without the basic knowledge of application is a waste of
    money and you stand the risk of then painting yourself like willy willy…..lol

9. Gam

May 29, 2010 at 7:07 pm

i like how these make-up artists apply photoshop and say na them work, na so.

10. Ibo Omoge

May 29, 2010 at 10:49 pm

@ Gam, I think say na only me notice am. When people “ooo” and “ahh” at the models on the websites I just giggle inside….ALL the makeup “artists” even Banke and Tara over-photoshop the models on their websites. See them looking so smooth and plastic…

11. tochi

May 29, 2010 at 11:24 pm

@ibo omoge and @Gam so true, look on facebook self, in the before photo the babe is proper screwing with dry face, then the after photo she smiles obviously its gonna look good with their photoshopness. i learnt make up by knowing what i want to look like dont need to pay photoshop queens to teeach me @beatiful iris!

12. tochi

May 29, 2010 at 11:28 pm

and oh on her website, it says make up, fashion and gele…..yo why does the babe in d portfolio have picky hair?

13. Manon

May 30, 2010 at 4:47 am

I would like to study that

14. cutieMiss

June 1, 2010 at 5:56 am

guys, 15k is not too much compared to what you’ll be recisving. it think its a good idea.

15. izzyliz

June 1, 2010 at 10:02 am

well fruity, i feel your displeasure but i think this seminar should be worth one’s while. i also plan to attend.

16. pamela

June 1, 2010 at 10:08 am

i wonder where seminars like this have been all this time!
    looks to me we are having synergy of pros coming over!

17. may

June 1, 2010 at 10:12 am

really cool!

18. anita

June 1, 2010 at 11:53 am

really,i do not thing anyone shld pay such an amount to leave this little.They are all showing off their different styles of makeup application.create a style for yourself and see people wanting to do it your way.

19. jaydee

June 1, 2010 at 1:35 pm

its a bit expensive tho.. these makeup ladies are making a hell of money for this events..to me, its just a money making thing cos theres no way u can learn or improve makeup skills in 3days.

20. caramel

June 1, 2010 at 5:49 pm

all na photoshop jo. I have seen some work of these so called professional artists and I am not impressed

21. jredion

June 2, 2010 at 7:34 pm

I see lots of ladies do blonder s on their faces in the name of makeup and make over.
    i think this event is just one way of making women beautify Nigeria…Ladies grab this opportunity…

22. may

June 3, 2010 at 8:22 am

photoshop or no photoshop, d package tite die. abeg oh haters nd myopic beefers, swallow well b4 u drool out crazy wacked up barn opinions. the artistry of make up should entail all that this outfit has put 2geda. so wat’s ya probs….

23. may

June 3, 2010 at 12:45 pm

besides, its not 4 (shud i say brokeass) pips like u hu cant even identify gud quality stuffs .

24. trey songz

June 3, 2010 at 3:37 pm

@may. it is not that serious. it is just make up.just because some of us are not
    interested doesn’t mean you will want to call us broke asses; I know good
    make up when i see one, cos i’m a make up artist.

loves the fierce competition in the makeup industry, especially on facebook.
    amazeballs!

@may. are u tinushaiye or one of the guest makeup artist?

25. Ginika

July 21, 2010 at 9:38 am

Photoshoness lol thats funny but true learnt about that in like 2002 and ever since I am not moved by the airbrushing effects… My face is unique to me because when I go to one em shops like MAC to get a mini makeover I ended of looking like Aliyah in that movie, I think queen of the damned…lol.
    I do my own make and it works just fine with me. I need to stop buying and wasting my money on make up I never use and dash out esp foundations.

26. Ginika

July 21, 2010 at 9:39 am

Okay I exaggerated just alil bit becasue MAC does it well but the rest are whack.

27. April

July 23, 2010 at 8:11 pm

are there gonna give stuff at d end mayb make up kits 2 make up 4d 15k cos if they’re jst offerin knowledge that i can get from mags or various sites…..tanx but i’ll kip d money!!!
    p.s: are they supposed to photoshop these pictures? aren’t we supposed to see d “wonderful make-up” and be impressed????

28. Tolu Ayanreti

July 27, 2010 at 11:22 am

yeah y is everythin always in Lagos?

29. lol

August 26, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Bloody hell!!! all u naija babes need to go get jobs man.. are u for real…. just a makeup workshop for N15,000(£60) and y’ll want to kill urselves? no one is forcing u to register if u can’t afford it…. BLIMEY!!!!!

30. mbabazi

November 8, 2010 at 11:23 am

who knows of a blog or website on makeup. african skin specific. i want to learn for real.http://mbabaziannet.blogspot.com

31. Olub

May 30, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I tink d workshop wil do 4 ladies dt does make-up blunders.As 4 me i wil do my make-up in my own simple style cs most of dis make-up artists do rubbish.