Music

New Video: Kelly Rowland Ft. 2Face, Jozi, Samini & African All Stars – “Everywhere You Go” (2010 FIFA World Cup Theme Song)

BellaNaija.com

Except you are living in a remote cave somewhere, you know that the 2010 World Cup is going on right now! For the first time ever, the competition is being hosted in Africa – South Africa to be precise.
Music and sports have always been complimented each other so its no surprise that a slew of ‘Official World Cup’ songs have been released.
These include K’Naan’s ‘Wavin’ Flag’ which was a hit before the competition but was adopted for the competition. Others such as Shakira & Freshly Ground’s ‘Waka Waka’ were specially written and performed for the World Cup.

Another track specifically written and performed for the World Cup is this one. Kelly Rowland Ft. 2Face, Awadi, Chameleone, Crotale, Jozi, Kwesta, Rola, Samini, Slikour and Zuluboy – “Everywhere You Go”. We brought you the audio some weeks ago, now here is the video.

Must say we are rather underwhelmed. The video is good but we are not wowed. We understand wanting to give the song global appeal by using an international star but wonder why the African stars could not have headlined the track with Kelly singing just the hook. It was less obvious on the track but now with the video, its clear the African stars bring much more life to it. Maybe we were distracted by Kelly’s outfit. Understand wanting to put her in something ‘ethnic’ but the dress is not flattering! We have a host of African designers. A short Ituen Basi dress would have done the trick.

Check for our Naija Boy, 2Face at the 3:24 mark!

Watch the video below.

1. LeighJoy

June 16, 2010 at 6:23 am

erm! this video isn’t doing anything for me really…

Kelly :X –> she isn’t adding much!

2. cynthia

June 16, 2010 at 10:12 am

I love it!!

3. anonymous

June 16, 2010 at 10:59 am

the song seems all over the place can’t honestly say i like it.

4. Passerby

June 16, 2010 at 11:16 am

Why is Kelly Rowland acting like an amateur in this video? She seems so uncomfortable. Anyway I couldn’t wait for it to end, good thing 2Face was towards the end otherwise I wouldn’t have lasted through 2 minutes of it.

5. Kev

June 16, 2010 at 11:27 am

I like that you shared your opinion, Bella. You’re usually diplomatic in your approach – which isn’t necessarily a bad thing – but “hearing your voice” made reading this a little more worthwhile.

Thanks for sharing!

6. bukky

June 16, 2010 at 12:28 pm

the video is so forgettable!!wtf

7. Edow

June 16, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Music is nice and she reminds me of Genevieve Nnaji somehow.

8. Lara

June 16, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Love the video

9. Pat

June 16, 2010 at 3:30 pm

i dont really like it, i wich the video has vibrant color, lto represent our colorfull Africa is

10. Jade82

June 16, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Now we can see why Beyonce is the lead everything when they were
    Destiny’s Child
    ….She really could have done better especially being the lead
    singer for this Video…
    Like the other video with Shakira, called Waka Waka even
    though they has other singers and dancers,
    you can see the confidence….

11. pwetty

June 16, 2010 at 6:11 pm

rilly….kelly ws just wrng…..2face made it sumfin….

12. THE AMAKA

June 16, 2010 at 7:08 pm

terrible!!! and that is supposed to be THE Kelly Rowland? she is so much better than this. She is probably trying to shoot her fame in Africa since it isn’t really working in the states.
    about the video? terrible! it could have been so much better. and to think Kelly Rowland was in Destiny’s Child. 🙁

13. whateverya'll

June 16, 2010 at 7:49 pm

gosh!

14. Sarah

June 16, 2010 at 10:49 pm

the song is good but the clip couldve been better. for me this is the best World cup song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFZjRwmr8fg&playnext_from=TL&videos=TOzzVC7Eaxc at least kelly could take an example from this clip. Anyway cant wait for her new album.

15. Ndy

June 16, 2010 at 11:54 pm

This song would have been great minus the kelly rowland. She wasn’t really that necessary there are many female african artists that could have conveniently replaced here. I know Kelly but really she did not do the song justice. That being said that has nothing to do with the fact that she is american. I saw the oh africa song with keri hilson and she did a really good job. That is my favorite world cup song, favorite because the video was just as good as the song. The shakira song sounds really good but the video and dance movies very disappointing.

16. DrealMimi

June 17, 2010 at 1:06 am

UGLY SONG.

17. Ijeoma

June 17, 2010 at 4:11 am

LOL! This is really awful of me but this video just reminds me of the time Kelly performed in Nigeria and promptly fainted on stage because she was apparently dehydrated – I thought she was from Texas. The video was just there – typical Kelly video

18. Toyin

June 17, 2010 at 4:12 am

How many world cup theme songs are there? I’m starting to lose count or maybe I’m just confused… :/

19. fokasibe

June 17, 2010 at 10:35 am

aint feelin this one o…

20. Auris

June 17, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Bella, very nice for you to put this video up. As much as I am a fan of Kelly, I too share some of your and others) criticisms of the video. However, I find that you fail to dish out any criticisms to our Nigerian artists; musicians, actors, actress, designers, directors, make-up artists, editors etc who sometimes fail to hit the mark. Personally I feel it may be because you get to see some of them at various events and functions and the embarrassment of facing them is probably too great for you bear.

21. D.O.T.M.H.

June 17, 2010 at 2:12 pm

The Nigerian flag was in the middle at the end woohooo!!!

22. THE AMAKA

June 17, 2010 at 11:12 pm

@ Auris
    this is more of a website, NOT a blog site.
    its all about support. Bella posts the stories and lets the fans/people/us leave the comments and criticism.

23. Auris

June 18, 2010 at 11:49 pm

@ ‘THE AMAKA’, I’m amazed as to how you’ve arrived at the conclusion that you have. Quite clearly (if you actually read my comment), I said, I agreed with some of her criticisms (as well as other people), but I felt she does not quite give the same level of criticisms to our Nigerian artists when they sometimes fall below standard. If your idea of ‘giving support’ is not about sharing praises and indeed criticisms in equal measure, then, I really don’t know what this is.

24. Ujubaby

June 22, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Nyce! Tu Baba represente!