Music

New Video: Tajie feat. El Flaco – I Still

BellaNaija.com

It is the debut video from UK-based Nigerian R&B musician, Tajie. The song “I Still” features rapper El Flaco and the video was directed by James Mavrik.

Photo Credit: Jide Alakija

1. Passerby

October 29, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Not bad at all… Song a bit dry but whatevs, I enjoyed the video

2. aosgrl

October 29, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Cute Guy, nice voice. so so song. HD is a bitch though

3. Dolly

October 29, 2010 at 6:57 pm

go back to the drawing room….cldnt register a part to sing at all,not catchy

4. Inumidun

October 29, 2010 at 8:18 pm

It’s a good debut video with a Joe-ish touch. iLyk eet.

Check out my friend’s photo blog and feel free to drop a comment or two.
    shemo.shutterchance.com

5. Oladips

October 29, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Jide Alakija hooked him up with a nice profile pic…yess boss

6. moi

October 29, 2010 at 9:53 pm

U kno the reason why I hate Blackberry becos of Nigerians…WTF shey BB pay royalty fun yi ni.. It is too over saturated in the video; it is a musik vid right and not a commercial for BB. That the idea of editing ur video, u remove all those BB sign off the phone and there is no need of the close shot of the BB…We all know it is a BB, bt we dont need to see the brand, and dis also goes out to all pple that are nw including Beats by Dre in their vid; it doesnt make the video tusher at all, it is only cheap publicity for the brand since I am positive they do not contribute a dime init…Dueces

• shade

October 30, 2010 at 9:07 pm

Amen to that. I’ve seriously considered changing my BB to an I-phone or Palm Treo because of the sillyness of it all (i hope not). All the blackberry songs and unnecessary product endorsement and placement are just ugh!!! It’s a different thing if RIM is even paying them for it, but the company is not. Again i think it goes back to our mentality of “I gotsa to big/I have to belong.” You ain’t gotta look any further than all the pictures of some naijas at events and most of what we see is peeps clutching/displaying their BBs or typing away. Please..

7. !!!

October 29, 2010 at 11:51 pm

*rolling eyes* bland song on top that long promo…nice beat tho

8. yo

October 30, 2010 at 11:32 am

ahall reunion…woop…i like the song!!

9. tom.p

October 30, 2010 at 3:45 pm

credit to the song writer but the producer did a whack job on this..nice concept for the video…taje needs more better supporting voices cos his voice seems not to be sexy…check this new song out on youtube and compare….http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sVxASxNZ4U….enjoy

10. passerby2

October 30, 2010 at 4:16 pm

first of all, MR JAMES MAVRIK! BRAAAAAP!
    this video is a breath of fresh air. finally! the female was not an accessory unlike the other videos i see these days…
    i love the outfits in the video. very classy!!!! bellanaija, please could you inform us who the stylist is?
    Great song Tajie! you’re definitely one to watch!

11. ojaybaby

October 30, 2010 at 5:36 pm

the video is nice but the song, i know follow,except for the rap,hopefully he can have better fluidity in his voice,the raspy quality is a skill,work on it.Goodluck!

12. Yoyo

October 30, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Nice! I’m feeling this video, refreshing. Nice vocal, nice beat and the rap is bad either. Brave angle “I still” alot of people dont wanna go there…Its nice to see a new fresh up and coming naija artist, especially when there not singing about the same old nonsense. Eg Bottles, models, cars, blah blah…

Does this Tajie dude have anything else out? All in all. Me Likey!!!

13. Anyaposh

October 31, 2010 at 11:57 pm

I love the flow of this rapper, El Faco. He has a great voice. The song is good for easy listening. Good stuff!

14. osiko

November 3, 2010 at 5:26 am

i have never seen a man in a music video with shaving bumps, until today, the singer needs to call me, he be looking hella fionnee….nice video dead song….y’all need to quit showing of brand names though, they could sue yo –

15. Duchess