News

The $100,000 cash prize, a Toyota Rav 4 and Glo Ambassadorship – 27 Year Old Casey wins the Glo Naija Sings II Grand Prize

BellaNaija.com

It was an exciting finale of a thrilling competition. As we sat glued to our TV screens on Sunday night, 27 year old Casey from Warri in Delta State was announced as the winner of the second season of Glo Naija Sings.

The finale was definitely interesting to watch. Superstar Nigerian musicians P-Square lit up the stage with their performance of their hits “E No Easy” and “I Love You”. The audience was singing and dancing along with the duo as they figuratively tore up the stage. “Ekaette” singer, Maye Hunta also performed to the delight of the Glo Naija Sings audience. Naija Sings Season I winner Jon Ogah made a “comeback” to the Naija Sings stage as he performed his new single.

The final 3 acts, Da Brodas, Rasine and Casey all performed alongside upcoming Nigerian musicians. Casey performed “Zuchiya Daya” with neo-soul singer, Bez. Rasine performed “Kele Kele Love” with Tiwa Savage and Da Brodas hit the stage with Wizkid and performed “Holla At Your Boy“.

And then the moment they had all been waiting for, the winner was announced.

Casey

We wish Casey all the best and hope he makes the best of this opportunity. Casey’s prize includes a $100 000 cash prize, a Toyota Rav 4 and Glo Ambassadorship.
After he was declared to be the winner of the competition, Casey said “I intend to invest with the money and get back to school and take care of my family. I want to learn something in a music school. I just don’t want to win this money and disappear into thin air. I want to do something big in music.

Are you glad Casey won? Will he make an impact on the Nigerian music scene?
Let us know your thoughts.

E No Easy with P-Square! – The twins set the house on fire!

P-Square ‘Luv U”! – Africa’s hottest double-act deliver one of their biggest hits

Masterful Maye – Some authentically Naija vibes from rising star Maye Hunta

Jon Performs – Bump along with first season winner, Jon Ogah’s “Tonight”

Kids’ Play! – The contestants team up with resident judge Tosin for a stunning show-opener

Rasine + Tiwa Savage Duet Collabing – “Kele Kele”

Casey + Bez Duet – Collaborating on the sweet “Zuchiya Daya”

Da Brodas + Wizkid Duet – Holla at the boys!

Casey sings another one for the ladies, his track “First Lady”

Sponsored Content

1. kelly

December 6, 2010 at 5:18 pm

hissssssssssssssssss was so upset when his name was mentioned
    sorry but don’t think he deserved to win..but ah well….

2. L.L

December 6, 2010 at 5:22 pm

I really wanted da brodas to win. I think they are better singers than casey

3. Kehnyking

December 6, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Casey Ed as we are used to calling you…whatever ever all the h8ers say.U don arrive!!! Enjoy yourself and let this propel you man!!!

4. ashh

December 6, 2010 at 5:31 pm

its all gud.. but i sincerely think d brodas deserved d 1st position n not cassey.. al d same, congrats cassey

5. idu

December 6, 2010 at 5:38 pm

ohhh no,he was not d best, rasine should have won not him , at all,datz so sad. what were people voting for?

6. RMG

December 6, 2010 at 5:49 pm

For me it was between da brodas and Casey, he sings very well as well.I’m happy for him!

7. temi

December 6, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Casey definitely deserved to win.. watched him through the competition. he was the most consistent in my opinion…. beyond entertainment or what have you,d guy can really really sing!

• Nellie_

December 7, 2010 at 4:15 pm

I completely agree.
      Raw Talent

8. pizzazz890

December 6, 2010 at 6:10 pm

I am honestly tired of all these reality shows!!! My votes are insignificant! I wanted Da Brodas to win,but I wish Casey all the best.
    Let’s see what he makes of it anyways…He could turn out better than I expect

9. maana

December 6, 2010 at 6:56 pm

The brodas were really tite,but Casey was it for me from his Auditions were He sang R.Kelly’s bump n grind. Thumbs up to him

10. Oma

December 6, 2010 at 8:05 pm

11. changing faces

December 6, 2010 at 8:14 pm

Congrats Casey, I voted for da brodas but u were my second best so im happy for u…. Rasine shld never have gotten to the finals!
    Finally, Jon please just give up and face your studies…

• Kay

December 7, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Lol. I thought I was the only one to notice. The guy is a real flop. How come he won Naija sings? Casey wasnt my first choice but at least he’s talented and can actually sing and perform. Rasine would have turned out like John. A no talent finalist winning because of sentiments!

12. susan dikeh

December 6, 2010 at 8:36 pm

no better person cld have won but cassey,he was d best and deserved it,his vioce was so soothing and articulated,rasine voice was alwasy off key and on key,da brodas was good too,they can all take it frm there,after all omawumi didnt win west african idols but is doing much better than d winner today so kudos guys.

13. IyawoBankyWNumer0Uno

December 6, 2010 at 9:28 pm

ewww….. da brodas would have been a well deserved win *smh*

14. TintedR

December 6, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Da brodas were the best most especially after I listened to their solo album yesterday, wished they won but all the same congrats to casey he also tried. Could have be sad if Rasine had won, she wasn’t as good as the other guys Peace was much better.

15. bukunmi olubiyi

December 6, 2010 at 11:45 pm

Please vote for this inspiring lady

16. sugarbabe

December 7, 2010 at 10:25 am

team casey all d way!! so glad he won

17. osomelly

December 7, 2010 at 10:34 am

o jon, you really cant sing o. kai, see wat letting d public vote does!!!! thank God casey can sing!!!!

18. bims

December 7, 2010 at 11:30 am

immediately casey’s name was mentioned, i switched off my TV sets, i was hopin 4 Da Brodas to win bcos dey deserved it

19. Austine

December 7, 2010 at 11:55 am

Casey…an ordinary musician, with a superlative voice; but did you listen to his self-composed song…yak! To be a successful musician in najia…you got to be able to write & sing commercially viable song that the street can relate to, not an orchestral performance. All the same sha…congrats!

20. BIDEMI

December 7, 2010 at 1:48 pm

AHN AHN, SARAH, Y R U BIFIN D BOI NAU.
    IM API 4 HIM JOR….
    CONGRATS CASEY…

21. RACHAEL

December 7, 2010 at 1:49 pm

U PEPL SHOULD STOOP ABUSIN THE GUY JOR, (SARAH AND BIDEMI)

22. Timma

December 8, 2010 at 1:20 am

As far as i am concerned the best guy won, i watched right from the auditions till the final and honestly casey has been consistent and good with his only low moment being when he took Felix liberty’s song ifeoma. Peace from the beginning was very shaky, it was during the Nigerian songs that she picked up but still was not so consistent, Rasine was over doing it, trying too hard. a Brodas, very good with harmonization but if we are really truthful looking at it critically, their Fela’s performance was not it and their final performance with wizkid showed, fast paced songs,were really going to test their ability to really flow together and harmonize properly. From my opinion the best man won. The 2nd edition of Naija sings is far better than the first and having a resident judge especially one as talented as Tosyn Martins really did a lot of good. Once more, congrats casey and do not disappear into thin air, add value to our music industry. Peace!

23. mamaT

December 8, 2010 at 9:50 am

timma…ur analysis is soo on point..u really followed the show..
    congrats Casey! u deserved to win

24. mamaT

December 8, 2010 at 9:51 am

plus casey’s rendition of sexual healing was the BOMB!

25. Muna

December 8, 2010 at 10:21 pm

my 3 favs were ekeng, casey and niniola (in that order) and then peace. just as well that casey got it. i agree with timma, though.

26. Tiki

December 9, 2010 at 1:13 pm

GO CASEY GO CASEY GO, OOOP OOP! I love Da Brodas and I adored Ekeng, but let’s face it…voices like theirs are quite limited…even Darey di try sing a fast-paced song once in a while na! Da Brodas lost the plot completely with WhizKid, goes to show you not all songs can be harmonised. Casey, from the moment you crooned ‘My mind’s telling me Nooooo…’ , I knew I had found my personal winner. even the song with Bez was so awesome he actually lost Bez a couple of times! All in all, the Best Man won! Congratulations Darling, I’ll be watching out for your face on billboards…

27. iceboy

December 9, 2010 at 2:30 pm

mehn, this dude is cool. keep it up casey.one luv

28. Ifiemi

December 16, 2010 at 10:50 am

CASEY – You are a single with a soul. You brighten my day. Thank heavens you made. GloNaijaSings has finally made up for last year’s judgement/winner. Casey, my happiness is you will make Tosin, Olisa, GLO, your family and Nigeria proud.

29. Tamara

December 20, 2010 at 5:49 am

ha!!! Ummm… I think “da brodas” should have won,
    they sing and sound a lot better than the Casey dude!
    If all that was judged was talent,
    (not their ages or who is more capable of representing GLO) then the brothers should have won!
    Ohhh well, whoever said life was fair…lol