Style

ARISE Magazine Fashion Week 2011 – EreDappa presents “Colours of African Wildlife”

BellaNaija.com

EreDappa is one of those exceptional designers who have built up an extensive private clientele while tucked away from the limelight – In essence, EreDappa Design speaks for itself. At the 2011 ARISE Magazine Fashion Week, the label presented a new collection named “Colours of Africa Wildlife“. In line with the label’s aesthetic heritage, each piece was multidimensional – Ankara as the canvas and intricate beadwork applied to highlight the wilderness story through color and geometric patterns.

The collection showcases an impressionist view of the diversity of the African wilderness and the culture arising from our land. Patterns are reminiscent of wildcat skins , sunsets, Savannah foliage, peacocks and folklore animals. Each piece is artistic and the classic shapes allow the artistic vision to remain in the spotlight.

The Designer, EreDappa Hart

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi

1. StephanieIj

March 15, 2011 at 11:09 pm

eeeeeeerrrrr ookkk.

2. NNENNE

March 15, 2011 at 11:17 pm

I love, kove , love ….The color combinations are incredible!!!!!! EreDappa , hope U will commercialize these ideas. Please do not let others steal them from U.

3. ij

March 15, 2011 at 11:21 pm

i need all these prints in my wardrobe. The designs are so modern and the cuts are just on point. However, i can’t imagine spending a fortune on ankara material cus i don’t trust the durability. Anybody with ideas on how to preserve prints to last for a long time?xx

• Mariaah

March 16, 2011 at 10:15 pm

My mum washes hers with bar soap (canoe, b-29 even toilet soaps such as joy, lux, imperial leather) flee away from omo, ariel, powdered detergents in general and hand-wash only. If you live in a hot country like Naija do not wash when the sun is in full force; early in the morning is preferable or towards the evening when the sun is setting or days when there isn’t sun at all. Also, prints like Vlisco/hollandais/Dutch wax are more durable. Cheers.

• lala

March 17, 2011 at 10:04 am

dry clean!
      and dont buy cheap china-made ankara! Look for Vlisco/Londonwax/Holladais/ Dutch wax in the market.

4. Ready

March 16, 2011 at 1:00 am

Meh.

5. Umm Sabr Al Afriqyah

March 16, 2011 at 1:28 am

I LOOOOVED THEM ALL

6. Umm Sabr Al Afriqyah

March 16, 2011 at 1:32 am

I loooooved em all

7. THE AMAKA

March 16, 2011 at 2:25 am

the pieces were alright…love the first dress Aminat is wearing! it goes great with earrings and a necklace that i currently have. such a summertime look.
    cute cute.

8. Abeni Ebony

March 16, 2011 at 2:55 am

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal cute & classy

9. Kemchi

March 16, 2011 at 4:44 am

Simple, beautiful, brilliant! The beadwork’s amazing. Totally loving d dress in pix 26 & 27.

10. fokasibe

March 16, 2011 at 8:34 am

Everything , I mean everything is fabulous!!! Well done Ere!!! Well done!!

11. ines.orienne

March 16, 2011 at 9:09 am

my wonderful sister in law!
    she’s too good jor!
    ur dope Sis Ere!

12. French Naira/Lady Gaga

March 16, 2011 at 11:58 am

lovely

13. bobbydox`

March 16, 2011 at 12:54 pm

she was one of my best female designers on that night

14. morsipr

March 16, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Thanks for your wonderful comments . You can follow eredappa on twitter
    @eredappa . Also like the fan page on facebook -http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eredappa/194559657233758
    For Updates .

15. Duvy

March 16, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Wow.. I should get myself one of these shorts…. Now following eredappa on twitter!

16. sclasy

March 16, 2011 at 1:36 pm

i love dem al
    crazy creativity
    its appeals d eyez

17. El Bee

March 16, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I WANT EVERYTHING!! Niceeeee!

18. tosin

March 16, 2011 at 4:51 pm

wowzers!!
    I’m a big big fan of African printed clothes in modern cuts and thid soo my style! Really want to have each and every one of this outfit!!

19. barbie

March 16, 2011 at 5:06 pm

lovely pieces… on the side note i hate that everyone is trying to have fan pages nowadays…its not byforce. just have a website let those who like your pieces go there and buy/look and gloat

20. bobbydox

March 16, 2011 at 6:35 pm

@ barbie lol

21. D.O.T.M.H.

March 16, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Sigh… Maybe I should come back when I’m in a better mood.

• Ready

March 16, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Lol…girl, it’s not just you. I looked again, and I’m still meh-ing. I just don’t see what others see. But yay for ankara pieces!

• D.O.T.M.H.

March 16, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Lol

22. remi

March 16, 2011 at 6:58 pm

wasnt impressed with all the models they used for arise show in general! i thought models are supposed to be extremely stunning! they all look not so beautiful and angry! i fine pass most of them seff! and they are supposed to be models? O-o

• Ready

March 16, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Maybe catalogue models who advertize bras are supposed to be gorgeous but runway models aren’t supposed to be stunning; they’re supposed to be skinny and have long legs , and have a unique feature like Tyra’s forehead or Sessilee Lopez’ odd face. All that matters is that they become hangars; their faces can’t overpower the products.

23. tallie

March 16, 2011 at 8:38 pm

really nice 🙂

24. ladybird

March 16, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Since this before. Did JBL not do this?

25. ladybird

March 16, 2011 at 9:18 pm

meant “seen this before”.Oh well whats the fuss !!

26. jen

March 16, 2011 at 10:36 pm

ere dappa is simply d best..u need to see her cloths upclose to appreciate, beading extraodinaireeeee…..shes off d hook

27. dewowo

March 17, 2011 at 9:55 am

@Ladybird, i tire 4 u o

28. Uche Briggs

March 18, 2011 at 10:10 am

Hey folks, My name is Uche Briggs and I am priviledged to have worked with EREDAPPA as PR consultant at the ARISE MAGAZINE FASHION WEEK. I had heard her name in times past in hushed whispers and reverence but I kept my heart solely for the more accomplished designers, so to speak. To appreciate EREDAPPA’s work, you need to see it up close. It is the most intense layering of hand made bead work that I have ever gotten to see. No one does it with as much finesse as EREDAPPA. When you consider the fact that she spends close to 3months on one outfit, you appreciate the art and the artist for her ken and her wonderful mind. For example, look at the piece with the model just before EREDAPPA the designer; the entire dress is covered in beads, the strip on the neck is the only visible part of material you can see. When you think about all that dedication put into creating the piece you wear as a woman, I am sure you feel a sense of being treasured and pampered and that’s what the EREDAPPA Brand signifies; the attention to details, the excellence, the artistry. And get this, she always says that her designs come from her ‘conversation with God’. It’s Divine Artistry and trust me not many can rival that.

29. AWW

March 18, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Ere Dappa has being around for the last 20 years. Her pieces were amazing. LadyBird I assure you that JBL hasn’t done any of these before. She has being adorning fabric long before Lisa came along. Her stuff was absolutely amazing.

30. African Fashion

March 23, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Beautiful. We would like to know when they are available for public to purchase.

31. diva

April 1, 2011 at 5:54 am

i like the dresses

32. Ng

April 20, 2011 at 11:00 pm

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all her dresses.I need to make them asap,pls can I have address or number?

33. princess

May 8, 2011 at 12:13 am

one of the girls were on america’s next top model the second girl is the one. we africans we do it big!