News

The Harmonious Four – Tiwa Savage, Waje, Lami & ChiDynma Cover the August 2011 Issue of Genevieve Magazine

BellaNaija.com

Forget the saying “good things come in threes“. In the August 2011 issue of Genevieve magazine, four fabulous female Nigerian singers grace the cover with confidence and class, and it’s a wonderful thing!

The brilliant idea to have Tiwa Savage, Waje (Aituaje Iruobe), Lami (Olamide Phillips) and ChiDynma (Chidinma Okebalama) perform as the Genevieve Girls (G-Girls) at the recently held reception party for Her Excellency, Mrs Abimbola Fashola was spontaneous and yet, rewarding.

There were no ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’ about grouping these four fabulous women as ‘G-Girls’ especially when they performed a cappella of ‘I’m Every Woman’ by Whitney Houston, ‘Run The World (Girls)’ by Beyoncé and many more hits for the G-Team. Their effortless harmony won them the ticket.

A few days before the Genevieve reception party, Christie Essien-Igbokwe, the legend passed on. So it was decided that the timeless song ‘Seun Rere’ by Christie Essien-Igbokwe should be included. It was with a nostalgic feeling that the guests listened to the ‘G-Girls’ give a befitting performance of the classic. The Harmonious Four‘s superlative performances the entire night set the mood for the success the night turned out to be. Genevieve Magazine couldn’t let the memory of that night fade without locking it down in thieir August cover. These girls are HOT!

The lovely ladies are also featured in a fashion spread inside this month’s issue.

We all know an outfit is never complete without accessories. In this month’s issue, Genevieve is also featuring bold patterned handbags, a girly yet sleek hair bow and a playful layered bead and chain neck piece in its fashion spread. Paired with pink lipstick and green earrings, a look paired with any of these accessories is not for the meek.

Photos By: Oladipo Oladapo

Check out the Genevieve website for updates, photos and videos: www.genevievemagazineng.com and look out for this month’s issue at vendors near you.

1. tinu

August 15, 2011 at 2:45 pm

fresh nd new!

2. tinu

August 15, 2011 at 2:47 pm

go girls!!!! lovely

3. Jade82

August 15, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Beautiful ladies….
    Tiwa is really cute….

4. cathy

August 15, 2011 at 2:58 pm

ohhhhhhh my tiwa!!! all looking wowcious!

5. love-me-jeje

August 15, 2011 at 2:59 pm

noting do u gurls!

6. annie

August 15, 2011 at 3:05 pm

chidynma is not foto #genic at all,itz meant to be omawunmi

• polka

August 15, 2011 at 3:32 pm

lol..r we looking at photo or talent here??

• Gold digger

August 15, 2011 at 6:29 pm

@ annie are you photogenic?

7. Willam Bones

August 15, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Tasteless. The ‘stunning’ effect is missing. Maybe it’s the way they posed or arrangement of the girls. Or just maybe the selection doesn’t show compatibility.

Not working for me. But I’m sure it’ll be a good read.

8. jennifer

August 15, 2011 at 3:26 pm

tiwa nd waje rocks

9. show some love

August 15, 2011 at 3:50 pm

wow, Tiwa Savage is stunnng. All the girls are stunning

10. Olayemi

August 15, 2011 at 3:56 pm

This is really nice!! Waje and Lami kinda look alike. 🙂 But, errm, why is Omawunmi not part of this harmonious ones?…just a thought!

• Onyx

August 15, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I honestly wondered the same thing…

• Bee

August 16, 2011 at 11:07 pm

she wasn’t around, she went to have her baby

11. torex

August 15, 2011 at 4:31 pm

cuties!!!!!!!!!!lovin da ankara!!!!

12. lola

August 15, 2011 at 4:46 pm

omawumi wasnt here cos she go born dundi

• partyrider

August 15, 2011 at 9:50 pm

dundi?? are u ok..or ur head is touching.what kind of comment is this..yes she gave birth to a lovely baby girl,deal with it and move on with ur life…

• sweetie

August 16, 2011 at 12:43 am

dundi better mean ”a beautiful baby girl” in some language and if it is what i think it is then that was so rude and unnecessary and downright sick, you ought to be ashamed of yourself

• auntie

August 16, 2011 at 1:55 am

chill out guys… i dont think lola meant she gave birth to a “dundi”… she was calling the people asking why omawumi wasnt in the shoot…
      dundi in this case is like “d’oh”
      *i think*

13. faith

August 15, 2011 at 4:52 pm

love them……muahhhh….

14. WeTalkNaija

August 15, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Love the concept, they look really pretty and the clothes are just gawjuss. There’s just sth about the positioning that seems off, like why is Waje looming over Lami.

But nonetheless, an interesting cover, <3!

15. Omogidi

August 15, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Lami looking nice for the first time……. ever

16. Miola

August 15, 2011 at 7:10 pm

they all look clueless on the front page … except chidyma….

17. mee2

August 15, 2011 at 7:37 pm

good but not to die for.

18. Onyx

August 15, 2011 at 7:53 pm

That first picture was photo-shopped to death and it don’t look good… at all… other than that, keep making that money, chicks. You’re all doing great.

• Aibee

August 16, 2011 at 1:26 pm

My thoughts exactly. See how they ‘copied and pasted’ a bum-bum on Tiwa Savage? That said the clothes are nice, particularly the ankara picture (Sorry we call it African Print nowadays abi?!)

19. Doubie

August 15, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Chidyma looks gorgeous. Love love love the ensemble.. Great voice, killer curves and a pretty girl… They all look nice. Kudos ladies!!

20. kiz

August 15, 2011 at 8:02 pm

i like

21. Myne Whitman

August 15, 2011 at 8:41 pm

The ankara outfits are very colorful with their smiles.

22. kokoqueen

August 15, 2011 at 9:29 pm

it should have been 4black babes or 2dark 2fair…chindimna is oh no fo me…she skin colour was too sharp and her outfit didnt do the magic

23. konnie

August 15, 2011 at 9:49 pm

lovely. Waje,you have done a good job, losing weight. Who is your trainer?
    Keep it up dear

24. na so

August 15, 2011 at 10:04 pm

i dont even understand genevieve mag anymore like tough competitions r out there now wow n co and they r shivering already? whats d aim of this shoot? like they’ve done this before the kate, gen, rita n ini shoot. and even if, chidinma should not be there she has not made her mark well she just has friends in high places if its for voices waje does it for me so chidinma should p her game she has potential. and to genevieve team if u r reading pls time to think out of the box u r our first love dont let us down or make us cheat on u cos am already flirting with the wow magazine…lol all the best

25. Luvlyn

August 15, 2011 at 10:11 pm

4give my ignorance but and who is chydimma and wat does she do, call me living under d rock?? On d cover, Lami’s dress was more app but der facial expression is like ‘wat’??? Wrong facial exp. Only waje looked kinda firce. My Fab 4 wud have bn Ommawumi, Tiwa, Waje and Goldie (for dats extra vava vOOM!!!) Ommawumi is d best naija female singer wif NO competition.
    Ps bellanaija post my comment. I’m entittled 2 my opinion.

26. coolcat

August 15, 2011 at 10:56 pm

I agree totally that omawumi shud be here, but pretty sure she’s tending to more important matters, like her baby girl!!!

However each of these ladies(except lami) is incredibly talented. I’ve seen them all perform live(including omawumi) and IMO waje has the most range. Her voice is so powerful its almost difficult for her to control it, tiwa is a breath of fresh air, her voice rings thru the air like angels singing, chidinma, strong range too but I think she’s yet to find herself as an artiste.

That being said, this genevieve cover is grossly disappointing. A magazine cover is not one where you copy and paste pix from other sources. These are dresses each of them wore to functions and a proper stylist would easily have gotten outfits for this shoot. There’s no theme to the shoot, the pix are just not telling any story, each looks like they r doing their own thing. The ankara pix would have been perfect. Not just becos their outfits are cohesive but they are smiling and just look happy.

Genevieve, pls take note o, I forgive u now but pls neva do copy and paste again!

27. Slush

August 15, 2011 at 11:13 pm

I honestly HONESTLY thought I was the only one that had issues with Chydinma. Seriously, this girl is everywhere, on every cover, in every picture, at every event but WHAT HAS SHE DONE?? I don’t get it. I don’t have anything against her but she needs to work on being recognised for what she claims to do and not just for being everywhere and being friends with everybody. Waje is receiving due recognition now. A lot of time has passed since P-Square’s “Do Me” and I’m glad she’s finally standing on her own. Tiwa Savage… I guess she has the cute look and fierce attitude working for her plus she nailed it in Kele Kele so… Lami Phillips… The only song of Lami I know is “Know” with M.I. That’s the name of the song right?
    Look, I’m a firm believer of DUE recognition. Whatever your hands find to do, do it well and be true to yourself!! Forget where other people in the industry are or what they are doing, that’s peer pressure! Forget the interviews and photos for a minute and focus on what you say you do. Your work will speak for you! I should stop now.

28. BubblyBliss

August 15, 2011 at 11:49 pm

ChiDyma nailed that front cover pose, too bad there’s no chemistry between the four of them. It almost looks like they were forced. I’ll blame the photographer for this. 😛

29. Bex

August 16, 2011 at 12:13 am

Overly photoshopped.

30. THE AMAKA

August 16, 2011 at 12:18 am

I will only agree that Chidynma shouldnt be there because she hasnt really had an album or a big single yet and not because of her color, abeg.
    if Omawunmi was present, I would place Tiwa, Waje, Omawunmi, and Nneka (even though Nneka does another genre of music).
    maybe next they should a female MC/rapper edition. Muna, Mo’Cheddah, Sasha, and Eva. LOL

31. THE AMAKA

August 16, 2011 at 12:20 am

the cover is alright, the Chidynma looks the best, Lami is the best dressed.
    the ankara pic is cute, but the chemistry is not there. I LOVE what they’re wearing though.

• auntie

August 16, 2011 at 2:06 am

#TRUE

32. MIMI. O

August 16, 2011 at 1:34 am

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Can i go tru a post without having any negative demeaning comments like>>> colour of skin, not making a mark, shes ugly, shes not this, shes not that???? really people? really? and the sad thing is that its all females commenting.
    Do u know if these girls r reading those comments and how dey wud feel if so?
    Theres a difference between having an opinion and been down right mean n disrespectful. PLZZZZZZZ lets learn to support one another and then some1 else would support u in future.
    If for nothing, FEAR GOD.
    Well done to all the ladies, and keep working hard to better ur lives.

• Titi

August 16, 2011 at 8:41 am

It’s called ‘having an opinion and freedom of speech’ which every human being is entitled to! If your opinion on every topic is positive then my Dear, you must examine your head!

33. NNENNE

August 16, 2011 at 1:35 am

Love them in African prints…

34. Ada

August 16, 2011 at 6:15 am

all I can say if DAMN!! Waje’s hips dont lie!!! 😀

35. love-me-jeje

August 16, 2011 at 9:09 am

@Ada, is Waje’s Hips all u can see? wahala dey!

• Onyx

August 16, 2011 at 1:26 pm

I was, like, so jelox… would also like my hips to not lie and working daily on creating that magic 😉

36. faith brown

August 16, 2011 at 10:08 am

chiydnma>>>>luv her outfit, make up….nd gooosssh her hair….defines her face….nd tiwa always luking gorgeous…my 2 fab gurls here

37. tari

August 16, 2011 at 10:12 am

Nice pix….i love the ankara they are putting on

38. Avenger

August 16, 2011 at 10:18 am

Na wah o..please Chidynma looks really good on the cover..lovely skin, Tiwa looks like she doesn’t know y she is there but that confused look seems to be her thing…Lami who??? and Waje…she doesn’t sing better that Chidynma..that i know for a fact…That said, u guys need to get the idea of the shoot..its for YOUNGish singers who haven’t quite made it but are probably being recognised for their efforts. Omawumi doesn’t fit in here cos she’s already made it same with Nneka and Goldie(ewww)…to cartegorise Omawunmi with thes ppl is like putting Tuface and Wizkid in the same class…NEVER GONNA HAPPEN…

39. pynk

August 16, 2011 at 10:24 am

love the african print pictures.

40. tutu

August 16, 2011 at 12:55 pm

sorry guys but who is tiwa savage? i know she sang kele kele love but apart from that which other song has she sang?

41. abiodun

August 16, 2011 at 2:17 pm

What the hell is that fashion pic they have under, I dont get it. is it a sketch or is it real

42. @coshadino Twitter

August 16, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Tiwa savage,waje and lami are soo gorgeous

43. Luvlyn

August 16, 2011 at 3:26 pm

@abiodun. Dat made me laff so hard. Dat sketch is so wierd and doesn’t fit in d whole thingy. Lmao. Dat said I still fink d cover is wack. I think Lami is overhyped and hasn’t done anything major. Infact she overhypes herslf. I don’t know who chydimma is but by y’ll comments I guess she can SANG!!! Lami’s head looks over-sized on d cover pic. Tiwa savage is so pretty, wif dat hair. Is dat lace front or just baby hair she always has. I still wudda loved 2 c ommawuni. And one more thing. I really LOVE mochedahh. She is so not rated as high as she is supsd 2 b. I fink she is ryt behind omawummi.
    Ps. Bellanaija post my coment. I’m entittled 2 an opinion. Thanks

• Lade

August 16, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Haba! Big head, overhyped, nothing major? Just say you don’t like the Lami and move on. As for e MoCheddah, she’s decent at her pop music but Clearly from the song selection u see above, that’s not what they are there for. Omawumi was preggers, so u all should get over it. They are on the cover because they performed together…nobody said they were the best, most loved, or anything…just that they were the “G-girls”. Each of these ladies have accomplished quite a bit and has their own target audience (which may not be u…we all have different taste in music) but to diminish what they’ve accomplished is so unnecessary. It’s okay not to like them, but u can state your dislike without disrespect. #my2cents

44. haba

August 16, 2011 at 4:58 pm

all u hayras, dey dere dey hate…all these babes r takn their checks straight to d bank while una dey behind ur computers dey hate……buahahahahaha!

45. Lade

August 16, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Ladies, I think you all look beautiful – though the first picture is a little too photoshopped. God bless your hustle.

46. Luvlyn

August 16, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Its unfortunate dat not everyone kisses -ass. If u find something not ryt, SPEAK OUT. Noone will flog u so don’t b scared honeys. Without critism u r NOTHING. Like Aliyah said’ first u don’t succeed, pick urself up and try again’. It aint hate. We just airing our views. Dueces!!

• lade

August 17, 2011 at 3:36 am

it’s not a matter of “kissing ass”. I don’t like them ALL, and i can easily say that, without disrespecting them. That’s my point. No need to knock their hustle. I do believe we are all entitled to opinions but these people read the comments that you place on here, and they are human beings. Just because they are public figures doesn’t mean they don’t have feelings anymore. So once again, there’s a difference between kissing ass and being respectful.

47. Cee

August 16, 2011 at 8:27 pm

beautiful ladies set to make their mark,… give the industry a run that’s worth it!

48. jennietobbie

August 16, 2011 at 9:04 pm

GET ‘EM GIRLZZ!!!

49. jOlA

August 16, 2011 at 10:51 pm

WOW! Tiwa Savage looks amazing!! The rest looks good also!

50. faith

August 16, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Tiwa Savage looks the best in the ankara outfits!!!!

51. waje

August 17, 2011 at 4:15 am

loving the comments,hilarious!lol

52. @yettieP

August 17, 2011 at 10:30 am

who is chyidynma?? Not heard any of her songs though.. for goodness sake chidynma lights up d photo shot. Take chydinma off d shot with your palm, let me know if u like wut u see.

53. Binta

August 17, 2011 at 1:02 pm

They look like an all-girl group in the cover photo. Not bad at all. One love for them all. I dontknow the Chydynma, but i have read of her in mags and all. She is pretty too guys, so please be nice. The 2nd photo didnt do them justice and I blame the photographer. I get the idea of the shot, but it wasnt the perfect shot. and both photos were predictable …i still blame the photographer. These ladies are musicians and not models. They looked fab with what they were given. Even with models, the photographer gives them pointers. Kudos ladies ..Doesnt matter if they are A class singers or B class singers, Girl Power!!

54. omowunmi

August 17, 2011 at 2:33 pm

so where is kel in all of these?she’s young and fresh too and she’s even more known than chydinma.chydinma who?

• THE AMAKA

August 18, 2011 at 3:29 am

its for the singers, not rappers. Kel is a rapper.
      which reminds me, for the next cover they should have Mo’Cheddah, Muna, Sasha, and Kel.
      and then for their next edition, Nneka, Asa, Ego, and TY Bello.

lol

55. abiodun

August 17, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Their eyes though, I like their eyes

56. AJCiti

August 18, 2011 at 5:12 am

I loved the cover, they all looked so Beautiful. I LOVE the black dress Lami is wearing on the cover, fierce. Beautiful and classy naija women 🙂

57. Godislove

August 25, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Tiwa Savage rocks jare. i’ve loved her for the longest time. She was on the UK X-factor the year Leona Lewis won even though she didn’t make it to the live shows but i was rooting for her. She also writes songs and co-wrote Fantasia’s great song “collard greens and cornbread” that was nominated for a grammy…. Also sang back up for a lot of great artists. Sorry oh, but I like to do research on upcoming artists. She’ll go places cos she’s actually really talented. I think all the girls are talented and look fab!!

58. movie junkie

October 28, 2011 at 10:11 am

abeg i agree, Lami has no business here biko! frankly neither does Chidynma in my opinion! Tiwa and Waje for sure, Omawunmi shuda been there and then whoever else.

59. hils

January 18, 2012 at 2:09 pm

go tiwa dat was beautiful