Misan Rewane, the recepient of the first-ever 7-Up Harvard Business School Scholarship began classes at the prestigious business school just a few weeks ago, now you can join her next year! So many young Nigerian professionals aspire to obtain a world class MBA degree but given the global financial terrain, the cost is very prohibitive. Now, there is an opportunity to reach your goals.
Seven Up Bottling Company launched a scholarship programme for Nigerian youths interested in pursuing an MBA degree at the Harvard Business School.
Every year, a Nigerian citizen resident in the country will be selected and given the privilege of the best quality education at the Harvard Business School.
The Scholarship Package
The Scholarship package covers the cost of tuition, board and travel paid in full by the company. This is in-line with their overall vision of creating a greener future for promising Nigerians.
The Scholarship is open to Nigerians who have successfully gained admission into the 2 year MBA programme at the Harvard Business School for September 2012.
How to Apply for the 7up Nigeria Harvard Business School Scholarship
- Be a Nigerian based in Nigeria
- Apply for admission to the Full Time Harvard MBA Programme (September 2012 Entry) – Visit the Harvard MBA Programme website for admission criteria – http://www.hbs.edu/mba/
- Receive admission letter from Harvard Business School for Full Time Harvard MBA Programme (September 2012 Entry)
- Send a copy of your admission letter to HBSSCHOLARSHIP@SEVENUP.ORG
Deadlines for Harvard Business School
Scholarship applicants are encouraged to apply in Round 1 and 2. Note that Round 1 has closed, therefore if you are interested, we advice you to apply for Round 2 admission to HBS.
|Application Periods:||Application submitted online by 12 noon Boston time:||Notification of the MBA Admissions Board’s decision:|
|Round 1||Monday, October 3, 2011||Monday, December 19, 2011|
|Round 2||Tuesday, January 10, 2012||Thursday, March 29, 2012|
|Round 3||Tuesday, April 10, 2012||Thursday, May 17, 2012|
Please note that each “round” represents a distinct period in which you may apply, not a succession of steps for your application. You may apply in one round only, one time in an application year.
Given past experience, we anticipate that many candidates will submit their online application materials very close to 12 noon on submission deadline dates. To avoid heavy server traffic and potential delays, we encourage candidates to submit application materials as early as possible.
Applications received after 12 noon on October 3, 2011 will be considered in Round 2. Applications received after 12 noon on January 10, 2012 will be considered in Round 3. Applications received after 12 noon on April 10, 2012 will not be considered.
When Should I Apply?
To avoid overwhelming server traffic generated by the high volume of applications we receive, candidates are encouraged to submit their application as early as possible prior to the deadline of each round.
We encourage applicants to apply in the first or second round, as space in the class may be limited by the third round. In addition, applying in the earlier rounds will give candidates more time to address the following:
- International candidates needing visas will find that applying in Round 3 makes the timing of their visa application stressful.
- International candidates admitted in Rounds 1 and 2 find that it’s helpful to have the additional time to work on English proficiency.
- Some candidates may be required to complete preliminary course work prior to their enrollment.
- Many deadlines for outside (non-Harvard Business School) fellowships are in early spring. Only students who have been accepted are eligible for these fellowships.
- Financial aid is available regardless of when students are admitted. However, since admitted students may apply for financial aid only after they are admitted Round 3 admits have less time to prepare their application.
- Harvard Business School residence halls and Harvard University-affiliated apartments are assigned by lottery. Deadlines for both of these housing options precede Round 3 notification, and you must be admitted to HBS before you can enter these lotteries.