Music

BN Bytes: Video Sneak Peek – P-Square & Akon shoot the video for “Chop My Money” Remix

We’ve heard the gist now, we’ve seen the photos, now we get to see a video clip of P-Square alongside Akon filming the video for “Chop My Money” – The Remix.

The video which was filmed in the United States also features Square Records artiste May D.

Cant wait to see the video! We bet it’ll be hot.

Video Credit: AMCNigeria

1. maimi

February 7, 2012 at 7:26 pm

first first first!!!!!…lol now thatz hot akon and psqure plus tons of hot girls sure a must watch!

2. debozgini

February 7, 2012 at 7:37 pm

now! datz what we talking about. Way to go dudes.You do us all Proud.

3. veev

February 7, 2012 at 7:46 pm

nice

4. lily

February 7, 2012 at 8:12 pm

ok just a short while ago…last year to be precise psquare was almost beefn collaboration with foreign artists to d extent people started thinking they were beefn Dbanj…*just wondering*
    anyway cant wait 2 see d video..luv akon’s voice anyday…plus i luv me some psquare songs

5. Bosskid

February 7, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Nice 1, now dats real shit 9ja we takin ova.

6. roti

February 7, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Looks like so much fun

7. Iykoo

February 7, 2012 at 8:18 pm

trust you my brothers! Keep raising the bar!! E neva reach!!! the sky remains your take-off point!!!!

• Marock

February 8, 2012 at 11:15 am

How old are???

8. kokoqueen

February 7, 2012 at 8:24 pm

I LOve my Tuface…Psquare aint u guyz trying too hard since dbanj did his son wth snoop dogg then Kanye west deal….na wa sha…purejealousy.com…Bella pls post ..thanks

• partyrider

February 7, 2012 at 10:57 pm

are you ok at all? so nobody is allowed to do a colabo with an international act again? give yourself brain..”purejealousy.com” isshhh are you 5yrs old?? hiss

9. bibi

February 7, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I aint hating here but watz d essence of travelling abroad to shoot video when we have nice and attractive locations in 9ja.These guys do that a lot,i cant remember deir last video which was shot in 9ja sef.
    As for the collabo stuff,yes dey said it dat den dont need foreign artiste s in their songs buh wat is dis.Long live 2face joor 100% originality

10. Sammy

February 7, 2012 at 8:40 pm

@ Kokoqueen plz go back to bed!!! so becos Dbanj did a corroboration wiv Snoop dat means no 1 else is allowed to spread der wings abi? -!!!

• Suuisaidl

February 8, 2012 at 2:39 am

Collaboration*

11. Phil

February 7, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Nice try. They re never original.

12. Chyoma

February 7, 2012 at 9:36 pm

My fingers are crossed because from what I’m seeing and hearing, the original version is better.

13. Chyoma

February 7, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Is Akon rapping or speaking arabic???????????????????

• Salama

February 8, 2012 at 3:15 am

I dey tink say na pidgin im dey try yan for dia but apparently it’s arabic. LMAO

14. Tinu Ade

February 7, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Cant wait to see the Final Product! AMAZING

To watch NTA, AIT, BEN TV and lots more from the US or Canada

15. nancy

February 7, 2012 at 11:59 pm

nice one waiting 2 c it

16. Asenge Djartz

February 8, 2012 at 7:53 am

Datz wat we r expecting——–u guyz r 1daful—-KUDOZ

17. jane

February 8, 2012 at 9:11 am

Is it just me? Can’t view dis video. It keeps tellin me its a private video.

• Tiki

February 8, 2012 at 9:17 am

It aint just you…I got the same message. BN what’s going on?

• Museveni

March 16, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I like your video so much………

18. D Pretty

February 8, 2012 at 9:56 am

I got same too. BN what happened to the video na?

19. IVORY

February 8, 2012 at 10:17 am

Funny song…..How many Nigerian guys would let you eat their money and still tell you”I don’t care?”This original version never made any meaning to me,how much more the remix?*smh*

20. jjuliet

February 8, 2012 at 11:14 am

i cant watch the video. it says private why?

21. Ibiso

February 8, 2012 at 11:50 am

PSQUARE + AKON…[email protected]: i dey feel ur swag die; and dat ur voice no dey 2 on planet earth. i love it! abegi, wen is d collabo with USHER coming up jare…dat will rock d planet!
    @IVORY: music is 2-way- if d words (lyrics) don’t make meaning, listen 2d beats/melody (dats music as well).afterall, some genres of music are composed of only beats/melody (ask Kenny G/Yanni).i think d production is awesome. Moreso, peeps like them (P Square) who are loaded will (to use your words):”let you eat their money and still tell you- I don’t care”. Be happy with life, dear.
    {@kokoqueen: maybe u need rehabilitation, sista!}

22. franchesca

February 8, 2012 at 11:52 am

OK
    , i cant view this video 2

23. moi

February 8, 2012 at 12:15 pm

cant view it BN

24. elohelahe

February 8, 2012 at 1:07 pm

*sad face* i cant view it too

25. ela

February 8, 2012 at 1:17 pm

i guess its been removed from you tube but initially it was available. i tried again but its saying same thing. @ kokoqueen like partyrider said, are u really alryt?!! Mtscheew! thumbs up u guys. I love Akon and P-square any day, any time. *kisses*

26. christy

February 8, 2012 at 1:58 pm

@ ivory,u spoke my mind

27. Pingback: ASD Newswire: Get Ready for NYFW edition | AFRICA STYLE DAILY

28. lupy fiasco

February 8, 2012 at 7:30 pm

dis psquare na follow follow dem b….wif all dier talk abt and chantin and bantin abt foreign act deh still went ahead to feature akon……and also i remember psquare sayin deh can neva shot a video in the US…. deh shud b ashame off dem selfs ……two omoibo wif low consept

29. Lady S

February 8, 2012 at 9:17 pm

the song to begin with is STUPID. U guys are going over board, just cos u do a collabo with akon doesnt mean the music will sell, instead do it with another fellow naija artist and share the wealth. FYI we americans dont even like akon so maybe nigerians will support this remix

• lisa

February 8, 2012 at 9:47 pm

We Americans dnt even like Akon???? wow, anything for attention smh

30. Ikenna

February 9, 2012 at 12:11 am

@lupy fiasco: u indeed are a thoroughgoing tribalist! so how does “omoibo wt low concept” com in2 dis? go on hating til u hate urself n ur fellow tribesmen someday as well. at d end of d day, dey remain Nigeria’s highest record selling artistes; they shoot Nigeria’s best and most watched videos (=>youtube.com). Above all, they are extremely comfortable and obviously more successful than you (even with your own high concept). Anyway, I need not speak further, ur name (… fiasco) says it all- you are a FAILURE. Does my brother, Uche Eze- BellaNaija owner- have low concepts too? I eagerly await ur response. I blame my bro n sis, Uche n Linda for posting all thz hateful words from you evil ppl. P Square- keep doing good n great brothers. We r behind you, guys…1 love!

31. NNENNE

February 9, 2012 at 5:08 am

As a little girl, my grandmother told me to always have good thought for people because according to her, waht so ever you wish people comes back to you.
    I think it will be a beuatiful world if we all take time to appreciate each other.

32. duchess

February 9, 2012 at 6:53 am

@fiasco ure obviously a tribalistic dude…smh…ure ☺η​ε̲̣̣̣̥ of the many whose threatened by the igbo tribe…wen ders no reason to criticize u look for the eaiest excuse “his an omoibo”…..psquare dey try and dem still dey ☺η​ top….go hug transformer

33. SAMUEL GEORGE

February 9, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Intercontinental colabo is allowed guys make una carry go i dey for u although Akon is not my favourite but u can start from him because Akon nanumber one ashawo colabo grand master no chaking.

34. Nashon k. F.

February 11, 2012 at 11:24 am

Mehnn, i cnt wait to watch P-square ft Akon & May D. Chop my money rmx…

35. Edson

February 13, 2012 at 1:47 am

P-Square is too much; they still on top. Akon’s voice’s world-class anyday. Cant wait for the vid.

36. SAMUEL GEORGE

February 13, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Thats good P square and colabo with Usher will be very much welcomed too if it works out for U guys.I wish yo the best of luck.

37. Ugwuanthony

February 27, 2012 at 7:06 am

Keep it brothers,even if others don’t like you,you still on top,don’t mind fiasco cos his a tribalistic hunk

38. Goni Isa Mohammed

March 13, 2012 at 4:00 pm

you really try alot am your fans for long but joining Konvict makes me adore u alot