Music

BN Bytes: P-Square’s French Invasion | Watch P-Square & Matt Houston – E No Easy Remix (French Version) | Watch Trace Urban’s Exclusive Interview With P-Sqaure

The most successful duo out of Africa, P-Square shut it down at their sold-out concert in France last week; their first concert in France.

So, the crew at Trace Urban caught up with Peter and Paul Okoye to get the juicy scoop on their success, their affiliation with Akon as well as their fifth album effort, “The Invasion”.

Also, here’s a spanking new video for their single “Positif” (“E No Easy Remix” – French Version) with French R&B sensation, Matt Houston.

Check on it.

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them. Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. babajide

May 7, 2012 at 11:07 am

one of the best remixes/collabos yet, kudos my naija bros. keep repping us positively.

2. MzD

May 7, 2012 at 11:14 am

this interview was well put together…. aside the forced accent.

• Olowo

May 7, 2012 at 2:51 pm

GBAM!

3. Estrella

May 7, 2012 at 11:47 am

I’m really proud of them but they should have been the NIGERIAN BORN stars as they were lauded to be in the interview clip…the accent was nearly unbearable to listen to!

4. Miss Pepeye

May 7, 2012 at 11:50 am

Beautiful video. Matt Houston is so cool and I love the way P-Square’s dressed. Everyone is sexy-sexy!!!!! 🙂

5. damsel

May 7, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I love these boys and their songs,they have never disappoint me not for once.

6. Laila Ikeji

May 7, 2012 at 12:26 pm

good one. real cool.

7. AHOW

May 7, 2012 at 12:38 pm

LOVE the remix… Best Naija remix…

8. VNG

May 7, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Here in France,French people really like their music …..the remix is amazing …

9. burnt

May 7, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Luv u guys….muah!!!!! Keep it up. U guys dnt dissapoint

10. Mj

May 7, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I heard this song in a Cab on my way from St Tropez to Monaco and I could have sworn it was a French remix to our original Nigerian E No Easy PSquare version but my friend disputed it. I was right after all Yippie!!! go Psquare, Way to go!!!,

11. Banke

May 7, 2012 at 3:16 pm

hehe! you go fear fake accent. Love p-square all day neday 😀

12. popo

May 7, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Love you guys but speak like nija pple abeg. That
    what make us thick and that is our identity.

13. Eseosa

May 7, 2012 at 3:59 pm

j’aime beacoup, 🙂 c’est pas easy o, nice one

14. Blackknight

May 7, 2012 at 4:17 pm

The funny thing about this accent forming is that, you start speaking/forming it, mumble along the way and end up speaking with your own accent which makes it so horrible….They never start and finish with the same flow…..My friend came back from JAPAN after 6 months and started speaking with Fake Ameri-britico accent that ends his sentences with a thick igbo accent…God have mercy!!!And he actually thinks that he is so cool…..Do Nigerians really have to do this to be accepted.This accent forming is so horrible..It’s like a Chinese man trying to sound American!

15. T

May 7, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Hahaha P square oh! Laff wan kill me, but why……..why the accent. Luv u nyways.

16. Brittle Paper

May 7, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Beaurriful!

17. ipublicizenaija

May 7, 2012 at 5:17 pm

This Matt guy, had a major jam back in the day, no one knew what he was saying but we would dance to it anyway. Music = Universal

18. naija4life

May 7, 2012 at 5:59 pm

@Blackknight: go and die! I detest jealous ppl like you. P-SQUARE- keep it up; you are indeed Naija’s numero uno!

19. edson

May 7, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I love you guys- P2. Keep doin’ us proud…tnx.

20. Blackknight

May 7, 2012 at 7:39 pm

@naija4life, lol – Am not jealous.I love P-Square and their music.Trust me, I admire and respect them for what they have achieved.I wasn’t talking abt them per se, although ,using them as a ref point , I wonder why naija boys and girls like to change their accents – Guy speaks naturally with his friends…the moment he sees a girl or camera, he switches to accent forming mode…..Girl meets boy, same happens.My point is, why put too much pressure on ourselves trying to be what we are not.Chinese man, wouldn’t do that, same with Indian,French etc….Why do we have to form accent to look relevant?It’s rubbish because no matter how much you try, you turn out so ridiculous….just like P Square and YOU, the Naija 4 life.

21. chacha

May 7, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Seriously, na una dey confuse p square, if dem speak lyk naija una go dey yap dem say,dem get igbo accent…so they hv no choice dan 2 fake it so dt they won’t sound so igbotic

22. jennietobbie

May 7, 2012 at 9:13 pm

concentrated talent!!!! highly acidic. proud, very proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!’

23. kenny

May 7, 2012 at 9:41 pm

@chacha: they r proud of thr igbo accent cos they r igbos. It reflects in thhr music.. They also make d best music n music videos in africa. They cant b confused either cos they r made. I hope this suffices. Up p square! Up naija music.

24. jbaby

May 7, 2012 at 10:00 pm

i loved the video, buh i support the previous comments about the formed accent. I think dey are doing good taking naija music round the world, buh dey should be proud of their normal accents. Its even fits dem better than dis forced one. Of cos they shud also promote naija lifestyle as much as our song and dat definitely includes our accent. Be it igbotic, calabarish, or ijebuish!

25. christy

May 7, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Hilarious comment.village champion

26. NNENNE

May 8, 2012 at 1:43 am

The remix is to die for. Your accent is fine to me.Everyone in this world has accent. Keep making us proud!

27. Miss Pepeye

May 8, 2012 at 3:20 am

@ Blackknight, you are so right and you didnt have to defend yourself when what you said is the truth just like so many others pointed out here as well. P-square, you guys are already blessed so no need to put on the try-hard accent anymore.

28. olubukola

May 8, 2012 at 7:22 am

Nice, well coordinated interview!
    However, that accent is a no no!!!! It’s got to go!!!

29. Emmanuel Ade

May 8, 2012 at 7:30 am

Something is very cool here .Psquare if you are going through these comments , they are just posted by few people , but many are watching dis rite now. Good job.

30. Dahlia voka

May 8, 2012 at 9:35 am

It is funny the translate a little bit the song in french,it is nice i like it
    Go P square and Matt Hudson

31. Tiki

May 8, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Oh Lawd, I kept gritting my teeth all through, that accent na wa o! Please guys, take a page from Tuface’s book. Your originality is way hotter and sets you apart like you should be. Drop the badly faked accent. Elocution classes are a much better option.

32. austin

May 9, 2012 at 1:47 pm

@Tiki: make we hear ur own accent naa…and know if u need elocution classes as well (just dat u no get any platform sef)..English Teacher! Love u P-Square; keep doin’ us proud.

33. mike

May 9, 2012 at 1:48 pm

want som more P Square! u r Africa’s best!

34. Alisha

May 9, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I don’t know…maybe, its just me..But I love these guys to bits. I just love them. there is this confidence and “sexiness” about them dat I so admire. they really are Nigeria’s great music ambassadors..much more than any other, in my opinion. Pls u keep doin us proud the world over. We appreciate dat…Alisha, NYC, USA.

35. emeka

May 9, 2012 at 1:52 pm

they can conveniently compare to any (other) artistes in the world.

36. Purpleicious Babe

May 11, 2012 at 2:26 am

Looll… messed up “the accent forming didnt not WORK”.. (covers face)…. It just sounded wrong…. no insult intended.

• D'rex

July 22, 2012 at 11:05 am

wel,wel,wel, grt nd nic comentz peepz.talkn abt d acent hm d fact is itz doz nt realy mata wic eva dy fil lyk usin al dat mata’z is dat dy speak nd u hear nd undastndz wat dy say.p.square ar my numba 1 best eva i luv nd respect dem so much u knw y? Cuz dy ar my menton.am stil an up cmin. Broz plz u guyz should kip it up am proud nd d world is also proud of u guyz nd ur recored.am diply sowe 4 ur lost am so sowe,tearz tropz 4rm my eyez wen i had u lost ur mam.may her soul rest in d bosum of da lord.Amen. I did a tribute 4 her u nid 2 hear it.bt i dnt av aset on hw 2 promot it 2 d world i wic it wil get 2 u nd al ur fanz. Hear is my fbuk user name. Prince D rex ikeabbah. My email. [email protected]. My num. 07036117547. U cn ric me wif al dis cntact. Tnkx nd take hrt owk? Luv u guyz.