Events

Providing Fashion for Nigerian Women to Shine & Sparkle! Photos from the launch of Upscale Boutique Ruby & Pink at the Ikeja City Mall, Lagos

Chika Acholonu

For the past 4 years,  upscale Nigerian boutique Ruby & Pink owned by Chika Acholonu, has been providing Nigerian women with exquisite outfits and accessories  to make them shine and sparkle for that special occasion and on Sunday 20th May 2012, the trendy store located in Ikoyi, Lagos launched a stylish mainland branch at the Ikeja City Mall, Lagos.

The store opening which saw in attendance some of Nigeria’s most buzzed about socialites and designers , was officially declared open when  Chika Acholonu’s mother Ada Ekezie and Chinyere Dozie cut the ribbon open. Shortly after the opening, a spectacular fashion show was held to showcase the store’s collection which featured trendy jumpsuits, shift dresses, kaftans, handbags and jewelry.

To purchase dresses, shoes, bags and statement jewelry, be sure to visit their store. Till then, check out the photos from the store opening.

Photos

Ruby & Pink Boutique Locations
Ikoyi
Location: Suite 17/18 Dolphin Shopping Plaza, Corporation drive, Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos
Telephone Numbers: +23412950349 | +2348020715961 | +2347098148078 | +2347045011430

Ikeja
Location: Shop L91 Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite), Obafemi Awolowo Way, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos
Telephone Numbers: +23412950350 | +2347045304811 | +2348020715961

Contact: For more info and general enquiries;

The event was organised by Ndidi Obioha of Enthyst Events and was sponsored by Sleek Make- Up, Wakanow, Complete Fashion Magazine and BellaNaija.

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
BellaNaija.com is an official media sponsor of the Ruby & Pink Ikeja Store Opening

1. udoka jane

July 17, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I love love love what am seeing….

2. UsaveOne

July 17, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Etiiaaaahhh! Excuse me just *sneezed* now..!

Yes nice…pics!

3. Chikaka

July 17, 2012 at 7:09 pm

She’s done so well and still doing well.

4. christy

July 17, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Until I start earning sum wages,I can only watch with envy,nice store.the chick with overall purple dress,is that ur stomak spilling over???

5. bindiddy

July 17, 2012 at 7:27 pm

nice

6. Janded

July 17, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Love the clutches but I am sure the price tags are something else.

7. Dionne

July 17, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I love the clutch bags

8. Evann

July 17, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I have just 1 thing to say: Bella Naija,u rock big time.U’re the bomb.I aint in 9ja but I don’t miss a thing -events,red carpets,downloadables,celeb wedding tinzz……etc etc etc.All thanks to YOU.
    U rockk!!!!!!!!!! U rockk!!!!!!!!!!!!! U rockk!!!!!!!!!( *I think I just said more than 1 thing*)

• T

July 18, 2012 at 6:44 am

I completely agree BN keeps me in touch and I don’t feel so homesick. I check it like 100 times a day. loooove BN 🙂

9. juliet

July 17, 2012 at 8:41 pm

nice

10. dami

July 17, 2012 at 8:52 pm

hey

11. Madam the Madam

July 17, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I absolutely love Ezinne Chikata’s style. Very fresh.

12. wendu

July 17, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I hope there is a part 2 the celebrants parents were not even pictured na so so Lanre Da silver cover the whole space anyways nice stuff you have up there

13. MelonX

July 17, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Are fashion and music the only viable industry in Nigeria? A bah! These shops opening weekly, I’d like to know how long it takes them to fold up. I am not digging. Our youths ought to have other fields to invest in Agriculture, Medical etc.

• Alero

July 18, 2012 at 10:00 am

Check out other websites & u will see wot u are looking for. Please leave our BN for us oooh!

14. Sansarai

July 17, 2012 at 11:14 pm

I hate, hate, hate the purple silk jumpsuit that that Aunty with the pink purse is wearing…the one with the chains around the hip area. I feel like I’ve seen this same jumpsuit in various colors, sooo many times – very soon I’ll start seeing it in my dreams too. It’s very “local” looking (some Aba-made outfits actually look sophisticated but this one is a FAIL) and has never looked flattering on any one. It amazes me how all these ladies with paunches favor it…that jumpsuit needs to fade into obscurity. Lol, I am vexxing!

15. Princess of Zion

July 18, 2012 at 8:30 am

Huge Congratulations to the owners!! They’ve done well. God bless

Blue print for a successful courtship- http://princessofzion.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/courtshipwhat-is-it-how-do-i-do-it-right/

16. pynk

July 18, 2012 at 8:30 am

while she has lovely stuff, i already spotted some $4 earrings for N8000. Before anyone says the cost of doing business is high, i just wonder how these stores stay alive and afloat.

• eesha

July 18, 2012 at 8:58 am

Abi o! my sister thot i was the only one that saw the price of the earrings i can get for 250 naira at wuse market.

• Denny

July 18, 2012 at 10:02 am

I cant speak for this particular store but I think the thing with most of these boutiques is that they arent particularly profitable. They tend to be more of a hobby for ladies married to rich men as opposed to “Get Rich or Die Trying” kinda hustles.

With this said, this is why I have so much love for Bella Naija – this is an excellent business which provides an amazing service. Innovative and always staying ahead of the game! More grease to your elbows, Bella Naija team! 🙂

17. climax

July 18, 2012 at 10:22 am

one thing i like about Lagos- you can find your level anywhere….i personally won`t be going to this shop, cos i ould have to spend my whole monthly salary on one item of clothing or jewelrry, i can get a replica of those #8,000 earrings (i assume they are real diamonds) somewhere in Lagos for #800, u just have to know where to look. so right now i can just drool over these lovely baubles, then find my level elsewhere :D…..when i become a bigs girl, i can joim LDS and the rest and shop at upscale boutiques, for now Balogun and Cotonou will do just fine.

• MelonX

July 18, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Actually, when you become a bigs girls you will be going to Milan, Paris and New York to do real shopping. 😉

18. Abs

July 18, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Nice. And at least you can see people buying this time. 🙂

19. MEE

July 19, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Onyii madam mud, I see you! [email protected] Lanre being evrywhere,n dat person dat said she’d soon start seeing dat jumpsuit in her dream,may God forgive you! Laff wan kimii. Nice photos altogether.

20. oby

July 25, 2012 at 12:05 pm

d geh in orange n pink :D……….loffly outfit!!!