Music

Seyi Shay’s Back With a Bang! Listen to Seyi Shay – Erawo & Loving Your Way | Watch Her Glam New “Loving Your Way” Music Video

Onos

Almost a year ago, Seyi Shay (real name Deborah Oluwaseyi Joshua) made her debut on BN {Click Here} with her intimidating profile:

She was formerly the lead singer of British Pop/R&B girl group, From Above which was signed to Sony/Columbia Record company and Music World Entertainment owned by Beyoncé‘s father; Matthew Knowles. From Above also had an MTV reality show, “Breaking From Above” which aired in over 166 countries worldwide.

Seyi Shay has toured with the likes of P. Diddy and Beyoncé in the UK, and has written and worked with a number of industry heavy weights like Justin Timberlake, Brian Michael Cox, Darey, Bilal, Michelle Williams and Chipmunk.

Now, the singer/songwriter and producer is under Flytime Music and poised to release her debut album soon; having worked with the likes of Jay Sleek, Tee-y Mix, Del B and Cobhams Asuquo.

She’s here with two singles, produced by the acclaimed Del B“Erawo” and “Loving Your Way” – as well as a flashy new video for “Loving Your Way”.

Note* It seems like someone’s giving Tiwa Savage a run for her money.

Check on it.

Play Seyi Shay – Erawo
[audio: https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ERAWO1.mp3]
Download

Play Seyi Shay – Loving Your Way
[audio: https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Lovin-Your-Way.mp3]
Download

1. alala

July 27, 2012 at 12:37 pm

She’s VERY good!!! Loving her sound.

2. Africandecor(click)

July 27, 2012 at 12:48 pm

‘seyi shey’ just reminds me of the love me jeje video from ages ago.

3. omoibo

July 27, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I like, keep up the great work……..Thank you for lacing our ears with your soothing voice Seyi 😉

4. Elohor

July 27, 2012 at 2:21 pm

thank God the tiwa savage monoply is broken.

5. faith

July 27, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Babe yor voice is so beautiful.love your songs.already using “ERAWO” as my ring tone!

6. some hater

July 27, 2012 at 2:52 pm

nice voice, love the concept. she needs to slow down on the pigeon though, doesn’t suit her voice style so much. stay classy chic 😉

7. kokie

July 27, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Nice. You rock girl. much luck

8. Miranda

July 27, 2012 at 4:34 pm

she looks amazing!

9. Emem

July 27, 2012 at 5:03 pm

i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

10. Me2me

July 27, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Constructive criticism. She is good but cant be compared to Tiwa just yet. Focus on ur content and not who hates you and how Baba God will make you shine, whether they hate u or not.

Its like every1 is blaming sm1 for their slow process to success. so the first song made absolutely no sense to me cos it was not original. You should also know that a full time english accent will also sell.

The second one felt better. Carry on, ul one day get to Tiwa’s level as Bella has decided to throw in a comparison.

• some hater

July 28, 2012 at 12:56 am

thank u. the pigeon didn’t go so smooth.

11. lovely grace

July 27, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Unlike that Emma Nyra girl, THIS is a talent! I love it. How come I’ve never heard of her before? Music is dope!

12. Blackknight4 Real

July 27, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Move Over Tiwa Savage……. Ms.Seyi Shay is in the Building!
    Sexy baby….You don drive me crazy with your jamz.

13. Janded

July 27, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Me like. she is so pretty too.

14. 'Alex'andyraH

July 27, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I love ha voice! I guess Naija has anoda Tiwa… I love ha originality too…I rate dis muzik above average!

15. naima

July 27, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I must confess the babe’s vocals are definetely ON POINT!!!!!!!!!!! You can tell she can sing too. This one no need to even be compared to anyone else. At some point naija people must understand that we are going to have more than 2, 5, or 10 top musicians pls and seyi shay will definetely be one of them. Same goes for every other industry where the same people are constantly the only ones being celebrated…entertainment/music/fashion/nnollywood and all of them in their industry. I always say people just relax here becos they dont have competition like that in naija hence why only few will always be celebrated. #gbam!!!

16. UsaveOne

July 27, 2012 at 7:09 pm

17. Bianca

July 27, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Finally, someone with good voice, so tired of the autotune or manufactured voice in Naija music industry. I like her already, she’s also a pretty girl.

@Lovely grace I like Emma Nyra, she’s talented in her own way.

18. franckk

July 27, 2012 at 9:08 pm

good to see another black beauty on the block, thanks for loving your colour, black girls rock!

19. Finolee

July 27, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I thought i had seen this video on Bella N a while back?No?Maybe it was the sneak peek..

20. Finolee

July 27, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Those are the red headed, boob showing twins in the video na!

21. Finolee

July 27, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Her vocals are on point!!She looks like Waje..

22. MBeezy

July 27, 2012 at 11:22 pm

The fact that she has zero autotune in the track already makes me a fan. Very lovely, she can only go upwards from here.

• tweeter

July 28, 2012 at 3:54 am

She also has autotune, abi wetin dey ur ear or speakers?

She’s okay sha… Just like Tiwa. We miss Onyeka Onwenu.

23. Tim

July 28, 2012 at 7:21 am

I saw her on MTV reality show with beyonce’s dad. She is better than Tiwa. No autotunne.

• Elizabeth

July 30, 2012 at 11:30 pm

There’s a bit of autotune on this track it’s a nice song tho,Tiwa has too much autotune on some of her songs but she can sing though.
      BN-I love Tiwa but there doesn’t need to be only 1 female artist doing it,there are multiple male artists,the comparison is not necessary.

24. marvel

July 28, 2012 at 8:08 am

She has sass and seems natural in front of the camera.A budding actress in the making??..

25. okon

July 28, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I LIKE!!!!!!!

26. Elizabeth

July 30, 2012 at 11:37 pm

I’m happy there are nigerian female artists that are bringing out quality music with great voices,I remember years ago there were barely any females and their singing was subpar.I would love to see Seyi Shey,Ms Jaie ,Tiwa,Waje and Omawumi make a song together.

27. boss

August 26, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Seyi Shay’ ‘loving your way’ video and ‘No lele’ track dropped early last yr. For some weird reason, these tracks got pulled out from major music sites. I am guessing it has something to do with being a Flytime signee cos she wasnt one when they dropped. I know this cos I have been jamming these tracks for over a year now.