News

BN Exclusive: WOW You Look Red HOT! Shan George, Rita Dominic, Joke Silva, Genevieve Nnaji, Monalisa Chinda, Annie Idibia & Funke Akindele-Oloyede strut the Runway at Florence Ita Giwa’s Red Ball for Bakassi Charity Event

On Sunday 23rd September 2012, the city of Lagos was definitely the place to be as some of the biggest names in the Nigerian entertainment industry gathered at the Eko Hotel & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos, for Senator Ita Giwa‘s Foundation for Children of Bakassi’s charity event tagged The Red Ball.

Performances by 2Face Idibia and Kele Kele Love songstress, Tiwa Savage, were some of the most buzzed about stories but the one that truly got everyone excited was when top Nigerian actresses including Rita Dominic, Jenifa star, Funke Akindele-Oloyede, Shan George, Genevieve Nnaji, Joke Silva, Monalisa Chinda and Annie Macaulay-Idibia, strut the runway in stylish Indian and as well as sequined ensembles.

BN was on the scene at the event and we have all the runway photos – Check them out!

Shan George

Funke Akindele-Oloyede

Rita Dominic

Annie Macaulay-Idibia

Monalisa Chinda

Joke Silva

Genevieve Nnaji

Keep refreshing BellaNaija.com, for all the red carpet and inside fab photos. Till then, check out the stylish stars on the runway.

1. phabulousity

September 25, 2012 at 3:55 pm

LOVELY

• Laila Ikeji

September 25, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Doubly lovely. tho Genny’s hair looks kinda out of place.

• Skales' fan

September 25, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Na way! I say make I dey look before they start to call someone hater! IMO she looks like she was sad and lonely…

• JJ

September 25, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I agree with Genny’s hair. Besides, Annie, the rest of them have pretty messed up hair. However, that is not new because we (Nigerian/ black women) would rather wear – up wigs and weaves with sumo wrestler hairline and missing parting than our real hair.x

• HRH

September 25, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Lol she was sad and lonely cos she d only one who took it serious and held it too tight like it was audition even naomi campbell dey get fun on runway.

September 25, 2012 at 10:00 pm

hrh, you see as you are running about running hate commentary on genevieve?? she is lonely and sad with car, milk, drink and make up cosmetics endorsement while you are poor, lonely, miserable and sad waiting to run her down with commentary online. i understand you life is hard on you. pele.

• Annie

September 26, 2012 at 12:27 pm

@feyi simple while u re replying,defending and running High BP with ur poor, lonely, miserable and sad self.My dear am sure u also heard “THE RICH ALSO CRY” she might have milk or watevr viju milk endorsement doesnt mean she’s nt sad and lonely lo money nor dey buy hapiness boo boo haha.If my comment was plain hate best believe BN wouldnt have aprroved it.Who re u genny fans to attck sumone cos dey refuse to kiss her -? who is she?! keep nursing ur woud and aunty gen keep trying hard.

• HRH

September 26, 2012 at 1:21 pm

@annie thank you o.Why do dey think money is everything.Who cares abt her milk endorsement

• HRH

September 26, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Feyi THE RICH ALSO CRY darl 🙂

• Feyi O

September 26, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I am so glad hrh and annie put Feyi A in her place. She is rude and i really dont know how she managed to escape BN’s watchful eye. Ive realised that most people who insult as kids learnt it from home and i can only imagine what Feyi A has been through.
      That being said, we should wish genny well and pray her story isnt one of ‘the rich also cry’

• Tosin

September 27, 2012 at 12:24 am

but she looks really good sha o.

• ese etuks

September 26, 2012 at 10:32 am

WOW a mil times for Shan George…she looks amazing. Had to look twice to confirm shes d one. So different and beautiful. for Genny,*smh*not for me at all.

• mini

September 28, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I agree, she looked so different with the lace front on.

2. lol

September 25, 2012 at 3:56 pm

niccee

3. asgrl

September 25, 2012 at 3:59 pm

you betta werk Genevieve!

• Janet

September 25, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Asin!!! She never fall my hand! Forever on point! Kai Genny baby you too much Biko!! Infact all the women look beautiful here!

4. cathy

September 25, 2012 at 4:03 pm

if genny was not an actress ehn, she would have been a model even with her height. see her poise

5. her royalmajesty

September 25, 2012 at 4:04 pm

wow awesome pics, genny i greet you plenty

6. Tessa

September 25, 2012 at 4:06 pm

beautiful, fabulous women
    I love them

7. YummyMummy

September 25, 2012 at 4:09 pm

They all look Fabulous,but can I say something here (American accent),isn’t children charity show? so why the celebrity fashion show?she’s sure an Area Mother.

I am sure all d celebs smiled to the bank after this or will have a favour in return.

Note to Senator Ita Giwa:Please clarify your mission…I cant see any child in sight so you might getting everything wrong.

It’s probably a way to get relevant and get funding for the so called***Children Bakassi Charity**

Somebody help!

Genny looks like a model.Thumbs up to all ( not your fault you got invited innit?)

8. nonye

September 25, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Weeeeeeerrrkkkk Genny!

9. Chattyzee

September 25, 2012 at 4:10 pm

beautiful and great women.

10. Chattyzee

September 25, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Trust Ms. Geneveive Nnaji to work it!

11. zionbabe says...

September 25, 2012 at 4:15 pm

joke silver ‘alwaz stunning’ @jene, i salute plenty plenty

12. versence

September 25, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Rita Dominic always looking stunning! Rita Dominic and her amazing skinnnnnnn!! WOW

13. Oly

September 25, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Fine cloth, Genny n Anne worked it 4 me but overall, it was a good collection.

14. ToBechiStyle

September 25, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Nice concept. With all the accolades for Genevieve, the other ladies might start to feel a little ignored:).

15. tee

September 25, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Joke Silva is the “best-est”!!!!!!!!!!

• kay

October 2, 2012 at 2:28 pm

na lie, oldie,

16. bby

September 25, 2012 at 4:36 pm

wooooooow genny lookin too gud , den im wonderin is dat relli shan George hmmm doesnt look anyfin lik her oh.

17. 'Alex'andyRaH!

September 25, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Genny looks fab!

18. Ms. Jayee

September 25, 2012 at 4:42 pm

My Genevieve ooooo!!!! Looking fierce!!! Annie Macaulay Idibia looks beautiful here and OMG! Is that you Shan George? Mma Bakassi I hail thee! Only you fit draw these A-listers!

19. Bukki

September 25, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Annie Macaulay did it for me! Natural, good smile wish her dress was longer, but she worked it!
    In btw, what was the purpose of this again?????

20. Eugenia

September 25, 2012 at 4:47 pm

lovely…..

21. jemmi

September 25, 2012 at 4:53 pm

i dont think Anne macaulay nd her designers understand who she is yet. Babe u ar d wife of the most celebrated artist in AFRICA, i knw ur not used to it but abeg try luk d part.wat kind of hair did u do, and why weave ur hair to the back, are u goin for classes from the event. Abeg no dey fall my hand get a presonal shopper and make up artist or employ me. KILODE to think we share d same surname (Macaulay)

• JOANNES

September 25, 2012 at 5:20 pm

pls dont kill me wit laugh here ooo , hahahahhahahhahahhah. much luv to my Genny!!!!!

• bibiiiii

September 25, 2012 at 5:30 pm

bless you sister!!!!!!!!!!! preach on

22. Annie

September 25, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I swear SHAN GEORGE WAS D BEST!! she looked the youngest! neevr seen shan in wigs before o.This woman is in her nid 40s na

23. deborah

September 25, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Funny enof Genny is my least fav. She looks pretty but Serious. Every1 else look like they’r aving fun apart from her. Shan George looks Gorgeous, never seen her look dat gud b4. Fav is Joke Silva, she’s aging gracefully. They all look beautiful but Genny is looks serious.

• bibi

September 25, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Lol exactly d rest were more like show casing their wears and having fun genny made it seem like a professional runway,jst too serious guess if she cnt take d real runway mama bakassi runway can as well work.BTW rita looked shy nd her skin flawless!!

• lulu

September 25, 2012 at 5:52 pm

that makes her a model

• Lekan

September 25, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Nope, she’s an actress not a model.they would have gotten professional models if that was what they wanted. It means she tries too damn hard!!! Genevieve relax!gosh!

• feyi

September 25, 2012 at 8:26 pm

ita giwa called you to tell you what she wanted?? mstchew!!!! genevieve is a classy lady if you like kill yourself. opari

24. Trendysturvs

September 25, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Genny and Annie rocked it

25. Queenmimi

September 25, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Shan George looks real good with the hair, i prefer her with the hair than the low cut.Joke Silva looks beautiful.

26. Loveth. O

September 25, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Gene is not looking it at all here, but her wears is fab

27. konnie

September 25, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Genny and Annie …. lovely you should also be modeling
    Everybody fine sha

28. HRH

September 25, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Abeg genny it’s nt a serious matter mbok mama bakassi dey pay? the rest sure had fun no be serious matter.Trust funke to turn errythin into play see d smiles on their faces.I knw cos i refused to kiss genny’s ass i sure will be called a hater watevr tho

29. feyi A

September 25, 2012 at 5:36 pm

omg!!!! this ladies all look very beautiful, why would anyone ever say something else. some people sha need to eyes treatment. beautiful women in a beautiful event. all beautiful!!!! genevieve go and model abeg e don too much talent is wasting.

• veeva

September 26, 2012 at 2:46 pm

@ feyi is genny ur sis or are u having a crush on her? pls quit attacking peeps when they pass comment on genny whether +ve or -ve comment. no be human she be? genny is not perfecto

September 26, 2012 at 5:01 pm

no o genevieve is my sister but they said i am genevieve and her pr too. lmao!!!! my dear look let me tell you incase you are a true concerned person. some sadistic people swore years ago to destroy genevieve career. as a concerned gbaski woman whether them call me genevieve or her pr or you say am her sisti ready for them on this bella naija. opari

30. Miriam

September 25, 2012 at 5:36 pm

S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ luvn every1ns outfit n esp Rita’s shoe

• Annie

September 25, 2012 at 5:42 pm

U could say dat again RIta’s shoe game!!! d best in nollywood

31. Dada

September 25, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Very nice

32. hmm

September 25, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Genny’s got dat classy carriage, dammit! Fab fab fab at everything she does!

33. Blessing

September 25, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Wow! Genny and Rita look exceptional! I Like the white on Rita and the sequin on Genny

34. I'mjustsaying

September 25, 2012 at 6:02 pm

The designer is good

35. Naveah

September 25, 2012 at 6:08 pm

@ YummyMummy,

I don’t think she has to have children there in order to raise money for her children’s charity. There are many galas to raise money for breast cancer, I’ve never see them filling the place up with women from the cancer ward…I am being extreme to make a point. Money can be raised without having to showcase the recipients. I do know that for these galas a lot of these celebrities lend their name and time because it is a good cause, I don’t believe that they charge…they do it as a favor to the host and the ones shown consider the former senator to be a friend. Most of them buy tables which is how the event is funded. I don’t know Ms. Ita Giwa’s motives or if her charity does/does not really do what it says it does but I just wanted to say that having a fashion show can be part of how the money is raised by having the stars volunteer to walk the run way, people pay for tickets/buy table to see that and that is how the money is raised. I know of charities that “auction” off time with a celebrity, people bid to have a dinner date with a male/female celebrity and the money goes to a worthy cause of the host’s chosing. So there is nothing wrong with what Ms. Ita-Giwa is doing (on the surface, of course).

• Floxy

September 26, 2012 at 8:26 am

Bless you for your comment about the money being used for the purpose it’ is meant for because it isn’t. And I know that as a fact as I live in Calabar and the so called foundation building is 2mins drive frm my house.. Absolutely nothing is happening there.. She is a politician and knows how to scheme. I am not saying she is not a nice because she is but for this purpose? Nayyyy
      (sorry don’t knw how it got to show Chysom as the senderof the comment.. I did.. Lolzzz)

36. Naveah

September 25, 2012 at 6:09 pm

And oh yeah, everyone looks like they were having a good time.

37. choclate

September 25, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Annie looks amazingg!

38. I'mjustsaying

September 25, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Riri!! Madam fashion

39. Lisa

September 25, 2012 at 6:18 pm

They all look so beautiful. I almost confused shang george for regina askia lolzz.

• Rachael Kelly-Taylor

September 25, 2012 at 6:27 pm

me too

40. Farrah

September 25, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Gorgeous women! I want those clothes

• Tosin

September 27, 2012 at 12:29 am

you’re kidding – they’re like carnival clothes.

41. Lolan

September 25, 2012 at 6:26 pm

It is supposed to be fun and light. Everything is not competition. Let us see the human side of these actresses

• HRH

September 25, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Abi o looks like aunty genny tryin to out do others esp since rita is there nd rita looks like she havin a blast!

September 25, 2012 at 8:11 pm

actually rita is the one trying to outdo someone. na only she carry gown up to show show, genevieve only posed and its killing una. big shame to una there shame!!!!

• Lolan

September 25, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Duchess, you no go enter house or crash another parry. Leave Rita and Genevieve alone pls

• HRH

September 25, 2012 at 9:04 pm

@feyi rita carry gown up to show is out do? did you think of the fact that she held the gown up cos she might step on it espp havin on heels! only she carried gown is outdo? imagine so cos d rest could walk in theirs rita too shld walk like dem nd force herself.The Rita am seeing here didnt try one bit to look flawless like someone said she was even shy and sum were kill demselves o.Why didnt u say only annie macaulay carried hand up? and shan george wave hand? dey all had fun.Riri was havin a blast our aunty on the other side was takin mama bakassi runway too serious choi! on top wetin.Hey that’s my opinon if u try frm now it doesnt stop d fact dat aunty gen TRIES TOO HARD!!!!! even surprised cos omotola wasnt even there so rita intimidates her? haha nice one.

• idaz

September 26, 2012 at 10:49 am

Lack of a life is a very miserable thing. you need to get one.

September 25, 2012 at 9:23 pm

give me a break abeg. dont need all this explanations. genevieve is bigger than rita and omotola put together why would she want to outdo any of them. go and take blood pressure pill genevieve got class and is an elegant woman.

• Gori

September 25, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Really? You think Genevieve is as big as Omotola? Where?because you guys hype her?please take several seats Feyi. In the diaspora and in major circles, Genevieve nnaji cannot hold a used candle to Omotola on achievements! Rubbish.

• HRH

September 25, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Hey look here am nt here for fighin over one star or the other hahaha they dont pay my gaddamn bills! genny bigger than omotola and rita together u tried it!! but try harder.All in all GENNY TRIES TOO HARD! deal with it or go home!! she was intimidated by rita’s presence #IMO!! The way you’re bleedin ehn i hope u have cotton wool arnd d corner o.Let matter die mbok

• Janet

September 25, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Feyi i’m on your side biko, Genny will outdo everyone everytime. Point blank period

• bimbarbie

September 25, 2012 at 11:33 pm

In ur dreams hun

• Msunderstood

September 26, 2012 at 2:09 am

Thank you jare. I ve come to realize dat Omotola’s fans try to start an unhealthy competition btw her n Gene. Gene is always fab, her mate no dey nolly or Bollywood join together. Notice how HRH had to bring Omotola into d matter.

• Annie

September 26, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Gori preach!! hey aunty msunderstood u call urself msunderstood yet u understand nothing.I am nt an omotola’s fan or rita’s i oly watch good movie when i see one.Ge has her classs very well in nollywood o.Fact is omotola is in a class of her own,her league is entirely different mehn!

• HRH

September 26, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Msunderstood bring omotola as how now? this topic is more on rita and genny but seems just the one line of omotola i mentioned scared the shii outta y’ll she threatens too.I luv rita so much!! go rita!

42. bender

September 25, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Rita and Genny sha! Classy beautiful women

43. bender

September 25, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Lovely. Nice to see Rita out again

44. Malie

September 25, 2012 at 7:01 pm

WOW LISA AND RITA GORGEOUS

45. Angela

September 25, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Annie – you look so pretty… Nice outfits all of you..

46. rew

September 25, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Wow, Shan George looks good…It’s nice to see her in a diff hair style..

47. i no send

September 25, 2012 at 7:32 pm

in my eyes shan and rita looked astounding…never knew shan could be this pretty…..congrats

48. ifeanyi

September 25, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Benny and Mona please the body language suggests both of u are not on speaking terms still,let bygones be bygones.thank you,

Peace out @-}–

49. omoibo

September 25, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Monalisa takes it in my opinion, they all looked great but she jumped out the most imo…..

50. mo

September 25, 2012 at 8:19 pm

i love them all but genny, rita and mummy joke rocked it for me. they are all beautiful and i think we should appreciate what we got.

51. iamfascinating

September 25, 2012 at 8:33 pm

I love Annie’s look best. beautiful women.

52. Missasokoro

September 25, 2012 at 8:59 pm

E bi like say Genny actually thinks she’s a model. Hiss. Joker tryin too hard.

September 25, 2012 at 9:33 pm

lmao!!!! see high blood pressure all because of genevieve. park inside wall jare them done send una

53. Missasokoro

September 25, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Annie looks beautiful, Rita shoes EPIC. I love

54. Bola joke

September 25, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Annie: oh my God me?in the midst of these big actresses?thankGod for tuface’s birthday oh
    Funke: ah awon da?they cannot intimidation me in this place!they mus take!
    Monalisa: oh thank God they remembered to call me!phew!all these my pr is working mehn.
    Shan: ah!me?they don’t know nothing…I’m still in the market.hmm are these boys too small?
    Rita: oh thank God I’ve been looking for the oppurtunities to show people this new shoe…ah
    Genny: so this woman had the nerves to invite all these other actresses?im not enough? Shet.
    Mama bakassi: thank you all oh…more contracts, sigh sorry charity….
    LWTMB !!!

55. Sweetness

September 25, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Okay. So NOBODY noticed Funke Akindele looking amazing plus her signature laugh/smile????? Well I noticed. Funke you ROCKED the ball!

• Floxy

September 26, 2012 at 8:29 am

I did ooo Jare… Wonder what the bitching is all about.. For me she rocked it and showed she was having a good time.. Second best is Tubaba’s wifey.. But on the whole, they all looked good

56. tracey

September 25, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Genevieve nnaji gained some wieght and she doesnt look as good as she always does. Sorry my dear Genny But this time Shaun George took the show she looks hot

57. Lola

September 25, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Emm Feyi! You need to go take cold water and chill yourself . When you call Omotola’s name , you call it with respect! How dare you? Omotola is not genny’s mate in anyway! Give Omotola her due respect and support your genny separately!!!

58. Annie

September 25, 2012 at 10:04 pm

LMFAO!! girl u killed it!

59. Rosellar

September 25, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Pls where are these dresses from……plz I need an urgent response! I love them.

60. Bay

September 25, 2012 at 10:47 pm

@feyi yuh so correct Geny’ is Got class dan any of dose fake Ass

61. nems

September 25, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Anne looks gorgeous! Very beautiful dresses all around.

62. Elizabethan Kay

September 26, 2012 at 12:14 am

I sincerely don’t know the day Nigerians would stop comparing actresses…Now Genevieve’s rival is no longer Omotola but Rita Dominic? Trash. They are all unique in their respective ways abeg besides Genny is not a criteria for judging who is good and who’s not! Everyone is important!

63. Elizabethan Kay

September 26, 2012 at 12:14 am

Everyone looked really gwd, Period!

64. NNENNE

September 26, 2012 at 1:08 am

Genny and Annie did it for me.

65. Gimmer

September 26, 2012 at 4:13 am

Gennnnnnny…love you babes

66. http://ashirigbakaute.blogspot.com/

September 26, 2012 at 6:48 am

I love it, they all look fabulous …loving Annie idibia…

67. Aduke

September 26, 2012 at 7:16 am

Beautiful women but Genny babe killed it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Genny simply rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

68. Bukki

September 26, 2012 at 7:16 am

You guys shouldn’t have brought Omotola into this ! She did not attend this event but you guys still want to virtually place her in it.Omotola is on her own parole ,in her wan class pls hrh,Feyi and their supporters leave Omotola alone!face the people that attended.

69. matez

September 26, 2012 at 7:33 am

Genny Genny pemperempe, super super…..werk gurrrl. I love this babe too much.

70. heeba

September 26, 2012 at 8:58 am

I hope all the people that worked the runway donated eneough for the children. Btw what is annie macauley doing there?? what is her work?

71. bbb

September 26, 2012 at 9:11 am

lovely….
    shan George really looked nice ..i like

72. Laiza Lounge

September 26, 2012 at 9:47 am

Lovely…very stylist and different. They can even bring 1million celebs, I just hope they are making good use of the funds for the cause, thats all that matters.

73. Laiza Lounge

September 26, 2012 at 9:52 am

*Lovely…very stylish and different. They can even bring 1million celebs, I just hope they are making good use of the funds for the cause, thats all that matters.

74. efe

September 26, 2012 at 9:53 am

All the LADIES looking BEAUTIFUL…………………………..

75. Purpleicious Babe

September 26, 2012 at 10:11 am

Interesting debates for the human idols..lol

As long as the money makes a difference….

76. Brenda

September 26, 2012 at 10:39 am

rita is ma fav..thumbs up gurl, hmmm anie whats with ur dressx?pls step up sha….

77. Brenda

September 26, 2012 at 10:41 am

that dress doesnt sooth annie besides her hair is a no no but she is pweety anyways

78. Joy

September 26, 2012 at 11:00 am

Nice dresses….Bellanaija can we have the contact details of the designer of the outfits?

79. mofe

September 26, 2012 at 12:56 pm

@Feyi u r right shes got class…always gorgeous Genny abeg carry on u r far from the usual annie wetin happen nau u need to improve oo stop to dey disgrace tuface na shan George u look beautiful and far younger than your age,funke n odas una try

80. HRH

September 26, 2012 at 1:20 pm

@annie thank you.Why do they think money is errtin.Who cares abt genny’s milk endorsement

81. jennietobbie

September 26, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Two words….Shan George!! Wow (now three words)lol

82. Watcher

September 26, 2012 at 3:22 pm

HRH…you must really hate Genevieve Nnaji. You tell us that you “dont care” about her yet you run around mentioning her name in almost all your comments. You might not be aware of this but your comments reeks of envy and jealousy. Feyi doesnt need to take a chill pill…you do. Its obvious from your comments that you might start hyperventilating soon if care is not taken…please calm down…its really not that serious. It’s also not Genevieve’s fault that God in His infinite mercy made her numero uno amongst her peers…its in her destiny. Its funny when people mention Omotola’s name in any news about Genevieve…it only proves that Genevieve is all in a class of her own and y’all must hype Omotola and force her to be in that class whether she likes it or not. Like someone commented above, Genny should not be the criteria for judging which actress is good or not but people keep doing that and in their bid to pit Omotola against her, they even make her more famous. Omotola is a fantastic actress but, if people can be sincere to themselves they know that Genevieve Nnaji is the most famous actress to come out of the African Continent till date. HRH…its okay that you dont like Genny but please, just calm down.

• MsSexy

September 26, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Watcher stl sounds like feyi to me, pls quit all these and let’s enjoy d red carpet

September 26, 2012 at 5:47 pm

watcher dont mind those people with their suegbe moves. now all the nollywood actress that feel they are good are taking their career to the next level we will who be who. we go see who career go reach that next level all of them they find

• Roller

September 27, 2012 at 2:14 pm

This statement just irked me. Ive been n read mode since but for this…. Who are you to ask this question? Are you God. You need to keep quite. Bellanaija has opened a respectable platform people like you should go to the lower gossip forums. You everywhere saying nonsense. We like them both, more mature minds prefare Omotola deal with it!

• Let them say

September 26, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Thanks for your comment. I can n’t see any need for this argument for just one obvious reason .CNN will only interview anyone based on their professional assessment of portfolio as well as credibility. Why are we yet to see some of your hyped actresses on their? They are all good in their own individual ways but remember natural abilities are like plants, they need pruning by through constant studying/improvement, that’s what sets Genny apart. I dare say she’s outstanding! It’s a shame that African mentality mixes career achievement with other factors like look/shape, marital status etc ….Typical of man specie, when they see a colleague doing well or going high up they find a way to bring him/her down instead of commending and taking a little from it, forgeting that whatever you detest in life you cannot have- simple secret of success. It shouldn’t matter if the successful is younger, uglier etc. The truth is they’ve got what you don’t have and they’ve attained what and where you are yet to. And @ Gori, who are the diasporans, better excuse yourself; for your information I’m one. – sorry for the long comment all

September 26, 2012 at 7:22 pm

thank you jare. they wll soon say you are me, genevieve, her pr or sister. watch and see.

• HRH

September 26, 2012 at 8:32 pm

@WATCHER first of am not that much of an omotola fan i luv her but not up to Rita so i nevr compared genny to omotola i might have brought omot into the discussion but didnt mean it that way.I dont hate genny,this is a red carpet pics and what i noticed is SHE WAS TRYING TOO HARD! how is that hating,might i also add if i was hating BN wouldnt have approved my comment.Oh pls from what i noticed among omot and genny fans genny fans re the main culprit always bringin geny into omot’s discussions y’ll are the ones who hype genny not on her merit but by pullin omotola down.Omotola is defo in another laegue she is the only one standing there if i am to choose i go with omotola.Talking about being the most famous for me again omotola ahppes to be the one forget all those brain washing geny pulls out to the public who know the real who and the moste famous.Talkn about most famous actress out of Africa continent abeg stop the hype we have charlize therone full blooded African she might be white in skin but she is AFRICAN! so my dear she is the most famous actress to come out of African continent.As for let them say marital status is a factor when it comes to omotola,omotola started her career as a married woman nd till today she still is in an industry where divorce is the order of the day.Being married is achievement and to still be able to stay at the top of your game in nollywood is much more of an achivement.We’ve heard of cases whre many of these actresses either choose btw their career or family and those that have both but end up getting divorced.If omotola wasnt married no one i repeat no nollywood actress will ever see her back.You also mention CNN like it’s a huge deal Bella Naija has been on CNN hell yeah! uru eke was also on CNN so do u want to tell me cos uru eke was interviewed on CNN she’s better and bigger than Rita D? you can pay to get featured on CNN dear.You want to tell me if sofia vegara gets interviewed by a special network and Angelina jolie has never been sofia is automatically bigger and better? If we are to talk about solid achievements Omotola HAS IT!! omotola has a better filmography than genny,omotola also has better and bigger awards.I am a diasporan and i agree with gori.My 2cents u dnt have to agree.How come i mentioned omotola’s name once and y’ll took it so serious why not Rita? Fact is genny’s fans are threatened by omotola just a mention of her name u take it to the heart.I’d be glad if y’ll start doing that towards Rita.

September 27, 2012 at 11:44 am

na wetin????!!!! person wey say genevieve is trying too hard for posing on a runway is trying too hard for their rita them say them love. you will appreciate if we do that for rita???? lmao!!!! make i address you yarn first i de come. charlize theron is the most famous actress out of african continent but where she start her acting career?? egoli abi the young and the restless?? she don act for one of those zulu films for her life???? no!! hollywood na where she start fyi so she aint in the league of any african actress wey start from africa. she is a hollywood mega star actress and so far africa is concerned genevieve number one. cnn, oprah, forbes and entertainment weekly cant be all lying. her plenty endorsements cant be lying. no contest pere. how you know no actress for smell omotola back?? marriage contributed to omotola success in nollywood if anything. with that her attitude if she never marry by now she probably would have been another bimbo akintola yes i talk am bimbo akintola but with lesser talent. you are lucky BN didnt release my comment to you about that your rita you say you love. you want to attach that one name to GENEVIEVE NNAJI to give her fame shebi???? say e work for omotola no mean e go work with that one and no be for BN that suegbe pr go work. clean ur glasses re-strategise!!!!

September 27, 2012 at 11:50 am

na wetin????!!!! person wey say genevieve is trying too hard for posing on a runway is trying too hard for their rita and omotola them say them love. you will appreciate if we do that for rita shebi?? lmao!!!! make i address you yarn first i de come. charlize theron is the most famous actress out of african continent but where she start her acting career?? egoli abi the young and the restless?? she don act for one of those zulu films for her life???? no!! hollywood na where she start fyi so she aint in the league of any african actress wey start from africa. she is a hollywood mega star actress and so far africa is concerned genevieve number one. cnn, oprah, forbes and entertainment weekly cant be all lying. her plenty endorsements cant be lying. no contest pere. how you know no actress for smell omotola back?? marriage contributed to omotola success in nollywood if anything. with that her attitude if she never marry by now she probably would have been another bimbo akintola yes i talk am bimbo akintola but with lesser talent. you are lucky BN didnt release my comment to you about that your rita you say you love. you want to attach that one name to GENEVIEVE NNAJI to give her fame shebi???? say e work for omotola no mean e go work with that one and no be for BN that suegbe pr go work. clean ur glasses re-strategise!!!!

83. opy

September 26, 2012 at 4:09 pm

@Bola joke LMAO, i love your analysis. Everyone did rocked there wears but sincerely that isnt Genny’s best period.

• Tosin

September 27, 2012 at 12:28 am

Florence Ita-Giwa is a powerful woman is all I can say. Wherever she goes, she’s got people dressing like her 😀 I actually think many people got drowned in the oyoyo style except for like Rita D. and Genevieve. Most others are in bridesmaid dresses basically lol.

84. Flex

September 26, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Is it me or does Anne Macaulay Idibia look absolutely stunning? Even…dare I say it….more than every1 else in these pics

• Sansarai

September 26, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Cosign. She looks smashing!

85. diogo

September 26, 2012 at 4:32 pm

They all look so sweet….*winks*

86. pretty

September 26, 2012 at 7:16 pm

LOVELY & COLOURFUL

87. Toese

September 26, 2012 at 7:57 pm

No one noticed the man
    No wonder he dey ‘bone’

88. L.A Chick

September 27, 2012 at 3:21 am

Nice, Genny girl, always on top! Loooooove Annie Idibia look, flawless 🙂 Rita, Funke, Mona Lisa, Joke, and Shan, you girls rock!!! Very magnifique, J’adore (with my best French accent 🙂

89. Zizi

September 27, 2012 at 8:50 am

Rita Dominic looked flawless. The hair,dress, shoes, skin, everything. Monalisa too and Annie, you ladies rock!!

• Emilia

September 27, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Finally someone saw Rita, i agree she looked flawless but more amazingly looking is Joke. I love that woman.

90. kem

September 27, 2012 at 9:05 am

annie looks stunning, can u people at least give it to her, if it wen it nt cool now, u can lash her heheheh, pple can dwell in negative and not praises…why???

91. kem

September 27, 2012 at 9:06 am

happiness is from the inside, annie looks happy, stunning and beautiful, go gurl u rock

92. Gigi

September 27, 2012 at 1:48 pm

3 words…. Ritaaa Ritaaaa Ritaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! U look stunning girl!

93. Funks

September 27, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Please Rita beat everybody hands down without trying too hard sef! She looks fantastic

94. versence

September 27, 2012 at 2:21 pm

@Deborah….Gene is looking serious because she thinks shes the only celeb that got style, if not she would have relaxed and have fun with it. Look at Annie, Shan, Rita and co, they look classy yet playful and happy on the runway. Who says medals are given for the best runway model? hell NO!!

95. nancy

September 27, 2012 at 9:18 pm

very stylish. I never knew Shan George was this beautiful. Rita Dominic is just the best.

96. Mo

September 28, 2012 at 12:02 am

Feyi or whatever u call urself, do u really have to insult Rita or try to bring her down because of Genevieve?? Pleaseee leave her alone, she doesn’t know u neither does she try too hard like the rest to be on top! She’s just in a league of her own and u can’t take it away from her truth be told!! So u can go jump in front of a train mumu!

September 28, 2012 at 1:24 pm

na me start the rita dey intimate genevieve yarn?? so e pepper you say i give am to rita but una wan use mouth tear genevieve shebi?? and wetin dey there to bring down for rita???? ejo sufu mi, i de listen. lmao!!!! una get lucky BN no gre post some of my comment. una never jam were.

97. Nono

September 28, 2012 at 12:31 am

Na people like FEYI A and HRH dey make all these actresses quarrel among themselves! Please leave Rita and Genevieve alone! Haba

September 28, 2012 at 1:47 pm

no be me start the whole thing na that hrh person so put her first…. hrh and feyi. moreover they fight because some people no wan gre some people pass them and they envy their success too much. it is a woman thing not fans. anybody that blame it on the fans no sabi whats up. opari

98. Missasokoro

September 28, 2012 at 2:31 am

Feyi A aka genevieve nnaji u need to calm down. N yes HRH is right; u r trying too damn hard. Haba!!! No be by force.

September 28, 2012 at 1:34 pm

everybody know i am genevieve nnaji the problem be say nobody still fit try me. abi you wan try?? lmao!!!! see as your id be sef you get direction with that name so???? mstchew!!!!

99. Love

September 29, 2012 at 2:46 am

All the women look exquisite. Aunty Joke is a legend, looking beautiful as well. Rita, is my girl, she’s a true fashionista. It’s pathetic, that people are bashing Annie for her simplicity, oh, I forgot naijas are the most flashy people ever. Less is beautiful. I will have to say, she looked the best to me, stunning because no distraction of lacefront, or lopsided hairline. Classy woman. Funke, also looks beautiful. Genny, looked nice but not feeling the hair at all.

100. @ajiriavae

September 30, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Can someone help me understand why I love Genny so much?

101. Sarafina

October 2, 2012 at 9:46 am

They all look fabulous………….nice to see Shan George again, its been a while……..& for all of u arguing over Genny and all; get yourselves work pls!

102. oghenekevwe

October 4, 2012 at 6:07 pm

D Difference is clear, Shan George is marvellous. Indian Queen.

103. babious

October 13, 2012 at 1:32 pm

shan george n genny did it for me. rita looks like ayamatanga and the rest lack fitting.

104. atutupoyoyo

October 27, 2012 at 11:49 pm

whether una like am or not omotola no reach Genevieve for class…….omotola still needs to hire a good stylist cos she just doesnt get it and i still have not 4giving her for disgracing naija at the grammys………abeg make una no vex oh just had to let out the vexation……dis na the last and final warning to those of u comparing…..

105. atutupoyoyo

October 27, 2012 at 11:50 pm

funke akindele rocked it jare

106. precious

December 10, 2012 at 4:04 pm

cant u people read d handwriting on d wall?as always in a show or concert………..they always save d best for the last…………cant u guys see that genny stepped out last making her the best celeb in d show?????????????????????????coz its her that people really went t c……………..pls haters stop hating

107. Blamaco11

December 24, 2012 at 1:53 pm

What a damn blasted shame….every last one of these Nigerian women, born African…but wearing fake hair extentions to look European.

108. brains

December 24, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I absolutely love genny and. She is d best ting to ever happen to Nigerian movies. I like omotola buh she isn’t a great actress, always has d same expression in her movies. Annie Idibia is absolutely beautiful!

• tara

July 12, 2013 at 4:27 pm

She looks amazing!

109. Miss Tickles

May 11, 2013 at 4:47 am

Our Nadia, from Nigeria, absolutely loves Nigerian movies and we had a fantastic Nigerian Movie night recently at TIckles which went down really well. Lots of humour, lots of reality. Brilliant.