Music

BN Bytes: What Do Men Notice First In Women? Wizkid, Eldee, Rukus & DJ Caise tell Toolz what gets their attention

Beat FM’s OAP, Toolz asked some Nigerian celebrities the question “What do men notice first in women?”

Check out what Wizkid, Eldee, Rukus & DJ Caise had to say in the video below

Some interesting responses there. How about you guys? What do you notice first in a woman? And maybe I should ask the ladies too. Ladies, what do you notice first in a guy?

Adeola Adeyemo is a graduate of Industrial Relations and Personnel Management from University of Lagos. However, her passion is writing and she worked as a reporter with NEXT Newspaper. She believes that anything can be written about; anything can be a story depending on the angle it is seen from and the writer's imagination. When she is not writing news or feature articles, she slips into her fantasies and creates interesting fiction pieces. She blogs at www.deolascope.blogspot.com

1. Partyrider

October 7, 2012 at 12:51 pm

As a girl the first thing I notice in a guy is his shoes! Yup! You better not be wearing that converse that hasn’t seen soap and water in months..lol
    After shoes,the outfit before I even look at the face..my guy has to be a sharp dresser oh 🙂

Even when I see a lady her shoes is the first thing I notice..

• Princess

October 7, 2012 at 8:57 pm

A guy’s shoes says it all

2. BEE

October 7, 2012 at 1:27 pm

As a lady the first thng i notice in a guy his is face ,his outfit then i would look down to his shoes.His look is another thing i have to consider but not so bordered about it nd finally the way he talks

3. deeee

October 7, 2012 at 1:30 pm

DJ caise i love u for that answer lol

4. halima

October 7, 2012 at 1:38 pm

who asked u tho?

5. ItsModella

October 7, 2012 at 1:40 pm

see as all of them dey wash toolz. But yeah, as a girl, the first thing I notice in a guy is his height. I gotta check whether his tall or short before anything. Afterwards, I check out the face and then his body. So top three things for me are height, face and body.

6. she

October 7, 2012 at 1:50 pm

As a lady the first thing i notice in a guy is his height, then his outfit and SHOE (trust me a guy’s shoes speaks volumes) and then his face *weda he has flat nose or football size head* lol

7. Chattyzee

October 7, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Anyone noticed how none of these guys said they’ll notice her hair? So all those $100k Mongolian and Peruvian hair was for nothing? lmao
    As for me sha, top three things I’ll notice are:
    1) His height …
    2) His total appearance for head to toe (look presentable)
    3) Face

• Nomy

October 7, 2012 at 9:28 pm

na you get order of noticing right my dear!

8. keziah

October 7, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Height! face! body! exactly in that coordination.

9. Idak

October 7, 2012 at 2:39 pm

first thing i look at are her hips, then ass, then her face.
    However, i am unable to look at any of the above mentioned points if she is fair skinned. their is just something about a dark skinned woman that draws me in.

10. huh?

October 7, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Wowww BN u guys couldn’t summarize for some of us that can’t watch? Anyway wat I first notice in a guy is the tummy,is it trim or *beerbelly*

11. Rukky

October 7, 2012 at 2:58 pm

K, as a girl, the first thing I notice in a guy are his lips, I know its kinda weird but if a guy has dry, cracked and dehydrated-looking lips (O God!)…I don’t mean to be rude but I’ll stare at them and when he asks why am looking at his mouth, I’ll just smile and say, “o, nothing.” Like, lips are a deal breaker for me hey. Then I’ll probably look at his overall demeanor–like does he look like he just finished farming (sweaty and untidy boys are a no-no) or is he neat and smells good and lastly, his teeth–I no dey trip 4 people wey their teet no complete–sorry! haahaa. I feel like if you have visible missing teeth you should fix that. I mean even if a guy has all these 3 donts, we can still be friends–am not vain hey 😉

12. Mischa

October 7, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Clothes, perfume, eyes, smile and his brain. I’m a sucker for a man who dresses and smells good. Great smile, and twinkly eyes, and I’m half way there. He doesn’t even have to be good looking. A great and genuine smile is way hotter than a cute face. But mehn, if he opens his mouth and says rubbish, if he likes be wearing armani from head to toe, and even be wearing armani code to boot. I am walking away. Nothing irritates me more than a guy who can’t speak intelligently. Seriously, english is not that hard, and strewing words together to form a decent conversation is not rocket science. You don’t need to go to Oxford or MIT to impress me. Just don’t start talking to me, about the nollywood movie you watched yesterday and how captivating it was. LOL

• Purpleicious Babe

October 7, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Loves ur comment….. yep loves a good smile….. a guy that has sexy smile and nice set of teeth… is a nicee…

• laide

October 7, 2012 at 11:13 pm

aww…u started well and ended badly….i like ladies that support their own..really dont knw why u made reference to nollywood movies…it is not like they are all bad.

13. nkem

October 7, 2012 at 3:39 pm

see these men saying shape. how many nigerian men or nigerian musicians are in shape or have a good “shape” abi figure? taa gerrout. for me as a woman, i notice demeanour (some of these musicians/celebrities if u see them outside, like in an airport they’ll be acting like oluku. i like a man who is exposed/smart/confident), chiseled face (not all these pudgy round faces. why should a young man’s face be round. taaa!!!), height (talllllll!!!), and hands (a lot of black men can have dry hands ehn and it just looks nasty).

• Kola S

October 8, 2012 at 2:01 pm

All the men saying shape were in good shape themselves!

14. cathy

October 7, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Overall outfit, confidence and the way he speaks.

15. lu

October 7, 2012 at 4:09 pm

first, his appearance, you just have to look good you have to just look presentable, even if you don’t have money just appear presentable from head to toe (demeanor)
    Secondly, when he opens his mouth pls dont sound like a fool.

16. freeman

October 7, 2012 at 4:15 pm

As 4 me,as a guy.i will first look at her size,weada 2 fat or 2 slim….next….i look at her face…..den if ok by me…i will approuch her..;-) dat 4 me alone

17. Adedoyin

October 7, 2012 at 4:22 pm

For me, it is the height, his shoes and nails…..I cant stand guys with long nails….It disgust me

18. Nasir

October 7, 2012 at 4:34 pm

First tin i consider 4 a lady, is e hight, then her manners nd last her belly.

19. Amber

October 7, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Height,mode of dressing(no sagging),eyes and belly

20. iswearonayatollah

October 7, 2012 at 5:36 pm

his height…am a sucker for a man whose taller than 6 ft and slim.

21. ene_GaGa

October 7, 2012 at 6:26 pm

ok first thing i notice in a guy is his scent…when a guy smells oh-so-fresh and clean,its insane..then i check his shoes and then his hair. if he has messy hair or bushy hair,thats a deal breaker for me.

22. Uju

October 7, 2012 at 6:27 pm

First, his looks i.e face and body. Then his breath. Then his dressing. However, if u look like John Dumelo, dress like Kanye, but have gutter-breath, that’s a big no-no. There’s something very sexy about a guy with good personal hygiene. Unfortunately, most men don’t pay enuf attention to personal hygiene 🙁

23. Godson

October 7, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Rollingstones nd suckers for this nd dat. may God help una nor lost in d valley of indecision.

24. @ajiriavae

October 7, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I appreciate the honestly. Not the guys that come and tell you about how they notice a woman’s heart or her intelligence first. They ‘keeps’ it real. So ladies, you’ve heard it. Bother to look good.

25. Sexxie

October 7, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Finger nails! No matter hw good a guy looks, it’s a no no for me if he’s got nails on his fingers.

26. ameenah

October 7, 2012 at 8:58 pm

As a girls the first thing i notice is his walk, is he walking TALL n POWERFUL like he is in control or bent n sloppy, second is his confidence ( which is also linked with d first) n third is his presentation, i.e. how well he is working with what God has given him. 🙂

27. Okechukwu Ofili

October 7, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Her abs…says a lot about how well she takes care of her inner self.

• shawwy

October 8, 2012 at 9:18 am

or outer self??? shebi Abs are on the outside na bros….hehehe

• Mz Socially Awkward...

October 8, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Co-sign, shawwy… Okechukwu, you lost me there ‘cos a babe could work that body to the hilt and STILL be the “Wicked Bitch of the South-East”…

28. Dee-USA

October 7, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Face, build (like a guy who works out. Not necessarily excessive,) and dress sense.

29. emmanuel

October 7, 2012 at 10:32 pm

na wah 4 all dis gurls o

30. gimmer

October 7, 2012 at 10:38 pm

this is hilarious. for real though,i first notice a man’s height..i am grossly allergic to short men..napoleon complex is real ladies. bbwhahahahha. short men have it bad. no one promotes them in at work, and they always try soooo hard to overcompensate for their heights. insecure lots. #okbye

31. Cynthia

October 7, 2012 at 11:28 pm

The first thing I notice in a man, when a man walks into a room, is his carriage, does he command attention, I love it when a man is a man, if you like where d best of the best, if u ain’t exuding confidence with your outfit, my dear na bye bye, after that I look at his face, his smile, and lips, oh my gosh m a sucker for a guy wt pink lips, then lastly I scroll down to your shoes, ur shoes had better not be pointing like I swear to God.it must be neat and well pedicured.

32. Julz

October 8, 2012 at 12:04 am

ladies ladies, hope you’ve heard! save your brazillian hair money and hit the gym..

i’m doing a post on how to get a banging body soon.
    visit http://stylebyjulz.blogspot.ca to check that out

33. SisiEko

October 8, 2012 at 12:44 am

The first things i notice are, his frame and build, his get-up, his face especially the lips and eyes and his hands. Ladies, if you need a really good tailor, do call 08081684048, thanks

34. Ikunkun

October 8, 2012 at 1:49 am

A guy’s smell!!! omgosh!! It doesn’t have to be the cologne, its like a scent….. there just something about a guy that smells great, damn!! hehehehe
    so my top three are : Smell, Teeth(general mouth region sha) and then confidence aka swag:D
    I have been known to favor skinny guys as well…so I guess body type would be #4

35. eldee'sc ousin

October 8, 2012 at 5:09 am

Isn’t Eldee married?

What is he noticing? Go feed yo’ baby

• Sbaby

October 8, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Lololololololol

36. timma

October 8, 2012 at 6:46 am

I absolutely agree with Uju,Bad breathe is a Big No No!!!

37. MsSexy

October 8, 2012 at 7:32 am

1st shoes, a man with tattered shoes wl so treat u badly I swear, ur smell – who wants to put wy a man wt body/mouth odour????
    Watch, shape and d rest can be taken care off

38. kendra zuhair

October 8, 2012 at 7:41 am

Don’t allow this men deceive you! Buy ur brazilian hair and whatever else that makes u feel good with urself! They may claim to like “natural” looking ladies but they never date them! Trust me on dis one!

• gimmer

October 9, 2012 at 3:29 am

high five Kendra….you are so on point here

39. lol

October 8, 2012 at 8:06 am

Is she wearing Body magic or not,that wat I notice first…a whole lot can hide under that…flabby thigh,tummy,hips,ass,arms,breast etc

40. Oyinlola

October 8, 2012 at 9:45 am

1. The height first of all, i’m pretty tall so i can’t be looking down on you (literally).
    2. Neatness, tho i always like a guy in suit but not necessarily, just look clean and fresh not like a farmer.
    3. Face, he should be be okay at least

41. Chickee

October 8, 2012 at 11:23 am

Very honest answers from the guys. All those that give replies like ‘her inner beauty’…really? Lol. Looks are important. Besides, if u look good, u feel good and tend to exude more self-confidence. Anyways, am i the only one that feels like (good)men are scarce in this world? Where’d they all go? R all the good(uhm..in and out) men taken?

42. Rose okwy

October 8, 2012 at 11:23 am

Nails, I hate{strong word , I know} a man with long nails. what is it with that long pinky finger nail on some men bikonu?!. I love defined lips, teeth is nice but that is only when you get close, from afar Demeanour and a good sense of dressing. I wish ladies will finally figure out that most men could care less about our horse tail yaki, non yaki, Peruvian, Mongolian, Chinese, Nigerian, Australian whatever hair, just be you, be neat, be healthy and be nice and kind.

43. TheNigerian

October 8, 2012 at 11:26 am

*SHOES!
    *OUTFIT!
    and FACE!

44. not my fault

October 8, 2012 at 11:35 am

As a girl the first thing I look out for is the height.I would have care less if I’m short….but been as tall as Oluchi…it the most akward feeling been with a guy who is shorter than I’m …I have done that before,and I feel very uncomfortable walking with him…There is that allure of ease when I date a guy who is of equal height with me….people look with envy,you can steal a kiss without a anyone knowing,whisper that silence sound into each other when walking..Lol

45. Sandi

October 8, 2012 at 11:44 am

I notice in a man:
    1. Confidence
    2. His look, he must be neat, clothes clean and pressed. Shoes must be clean, very important
    3. His smile.

46. PussyBoy

October 8, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Omooooooooooooooooooo, make i go order plenty shoes oh. So keles dey gbadun shoes like this 🙂

47. duchess

October 8, 2012 at 1:04 pm

if from a distance, 1st thing i notice is a guy’s height…upclose, 1st thing i notice is his smell; there’s nothing i detest like guys who seem to upend the entire bottle of perfume on their shirts, in most cases, they are trying to cover up some sweat n all…simple scent of soap and cologne will make me turn and look at a guy…Another No-No is bad breath, there’s nothing like comatose-inducing-bad breath (but then you may be in danger of receiving a mouth-mouth from the guy in the hopes of reviving you..Lol).
    Nothing can as well make my day like a guy with a nice smile. Then i’ll wait to hear if the words that come out of his mouth are gutter-produced words or if he is has an IQ higher dan mine.
    in this order:
    1)height
    2)scent
    3)breath
    4)smile
    5)his words

48. KK

October 8, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I look at the guy’s hands – , if well cut and not ‘chewed’ . Well manicured fingernails impress me but a guy with long fingernails yuck!

• Purpleicious Babe

October 8, 2012 at 8:49 pm

i AGREE….. NOO crusty nails and fingers…

Sorry, My lists are too long so I have to just agree with comments..lol.

Three things I will notice the first time
      Face i.e. smile, teeth, nose, lips (loves a guy with sexy lips chaiiii and tops it off with FINE SET OF TEETH).. #renewmind#
      Body plus the outfit: Moderate is fine with me good size.. and not overly built where your arms seems to be hanging out… or cant rest on your body.lool.
      Nails: (optional)If I like u then Yeah am mad on fingers and toes… If it aint fine then its a NO. if I dont like him then NOPE…
      Height…….. but optional in some cases. lol
      Character: so much is said about how he carries himself and approaches pple
      OO YEAH breath…… seriously am MASSIVE ON BREATH…

Anyways VANITY UPON VANITY all na VANITY..lol.

49. KK

October 8, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Also his carriage – self confidence
    His dress sense/ neatness – He should look put together

50. bonita

October 8, 2012 at 2:17 pm

1.Height
    2.Body
    3. Face
    4. breath
    5. Scent
    6. Exudes confidence
    these are what i look for in a man at first glance

51. Tiki

October 8, 2012 at 3:09 pm

1. English . Not fon-eh, English! I cannot stand people who say ‘would’ instead of ‘will’.
    2. Height. I like them tall; the taller the better.
    3. Scent/odor. Tom Ford is my favorite.

The rest can come in any order…

52. Sbaby

October 8, 2012 at 9:34 pm

The first things you notice does not determine a great time and dont forget never judge a book by its cover because that bros shoes can be borrowed from a friend or older sibling, that perfume might have been sprayed from his dads dresser before leaving the house. My two cents lol

53. Ginika

October 9, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Okay, the first thing I see and notice immediately is his heart. Yes, the blood vessels and co. Then, I go ahead to notice his lungs. Jokes o!

Well, I notice his build then complete presentation, his packaging of himself. Next step, the person’s character. The order of liking a person, is his character, personality counts the most then unto the way he presents himself.

54. Rachey

October 12, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Wizkid didn’t took the question serious

• Donbabatee

August 5, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Same way you didn’t “took” your English Language classes serious

55. Frankie

October 16, 2012 at 10:19 pm

1st 4me ȋ̝̊̅§ her face, den her shape..she has 2look natural..there ȋ̝̊̅§ no need 4all d painting..natural makeups does it 4me..α̲̅n̶̲̥̅̊d̶̲̥̅̊ S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ has many of M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ male pals says…natual look shows U̶̲̥̅̊ re ready 4a man α̲̅n̶̲̥̅̊d̶̲̥̅̊ one hard truth though, al dat long xpensive hairs actually make him thnk U̶̲̥̅̊ wld render him bankrupt. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ βε̲̣̣̣̥ simple, neat α̲̅n̶̲̥̅̊d̶̲̥̅̊ sophisticated…ofcuz fakeness ȋ̝̊̅§ a no no 4me..forming yankee wen U̶̲̥̅̊ havnt bin 2 Togo..

56. Kevin

May 3, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Uummmh..first tinx dat draw me 2 a gal,,,,#neat gals i min overal body nt jst clothin…confident types, en most importantly a cute smile drives me crazy,,,,en wen we ar closa ….i detest gals dat tlks 2much###

57. Midi

May 21, 2013 at 9:11 am

Abeg oh, those that are dating/married to short/pot bellied men nko? did/didn’t they notice the shortness? or is this notices/noticing just mere fantasies?
    #just wondering

58. browndddy

June 9, 2014 at 6:38 pm

the 1st things i admire in a gal wen i first see her is her face, i like cute face for sure and smiles, and then her shape, not too tall average and after that the way she compose her self wen i start to speak the word of love at first site, i don’t like rude girls wen u are rude sorry i move back hahahahah.