News

The 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCAs) will be hosted by Vimbai & IK!

Vimbai IK AfricaMagic Awards 2013 BellaNaija

In 2 weeks, the 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCAs) will take place in Lagos.  On the 9th of March 2013, Big Brother Africa presenter IK Osakioduwa and StarGist leading lady Vimbai Mutinhiri will take the stage as the hosts of the first ever AMVCAs!

The event is sponsored by Amstel Malta and held in association with Multichoice.

Speaking on her role at the AMVCAs, Vimbai says “I feel there is no better way to pay homage to the outstanding stars we have on this continent than to be a part of the grand occasion to honour each one of them. I am sincerely humbled.

Zimbabwean VImbai, who first shot to fame as a housemate on Big Brother Amplified and is now a co-host of hot celeb and showbiz program StarGist goes on to say, “I am expecting to see and hear Africa’s finest putting their best foot forward on March 9. The AMVCAs promises to be a night of glamour and excitement, so I can’t wait to see the finest couture on the continent. I’m also looking forward to some hot entertainment. It’s going to be bigger and better than anything we’ve ever seen or experienced…I know this for sure!

Vimbai also explains that she loves African film and television because it is something she can effortlessly relate to. “It tells my story; it talks about my challenges and experiences. It motivates me, educates me and inspires me. What I love most about it is that it’s real. We very rarely sugar coat issues in African film and TV, and that authenticity is so appealing to me.”

Popular Nigerian personality IK is equally proud and pleased with his AMVCA role as well. “It’s a really big deal when you think about it. It’s the first time AfricaMagic is doing anything like this. This is going to grow really huge over the years. So to be selected to be a part of the very first one is just amazing.

In addition to the red carpet fashion and a big turnout of top African stars, IK is particularly looking forward to which winner will have the most interesting speech. He also says that he’s really excited about the nominees because of the fresh talents starting to emerge.

There are quite a few names there that are not as widely known as others. A closer look at these relatively ‘new’ players will reveal the maturity and finesse of their craft. That’s why it’s important to appreciate what they do. Of course I’m also excited about the nominated veterans who never fail to deliver great quality in their movies. We could never celebrate them enough!

(IK & Vimbai) were chosen because their experience and passion for the African entertainment scene makes them unique ambassadors for the event who are capable of successfully engaging with both television viewers in 47 African countries and invited guests at the EKO Exhibition Centre where the AMVCAs will be held“, says M-Net Africa MD Biola Alabi.

Now as IK and Vimbai prepare for the AMVCAs, you can get VOTE for your favorite stars by visiting www.africamagic.tv.

The AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice will be screened live to DStv and GOtv audiences on Saturday March 9 at 20:00 CAT on AfricaMagic, AfricaMagic Entertainment and AfricaMagic World as well as AfricaMagic Movies and Movies 1.

1. BS J

February 26, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Bad choices…IK should have stick to BBA and Vimbai…no comment but I think the girl is so plastic and not genuine…

• ASK9

February 26, 2013 at 4:00 pm

And u know this because…….Quit hating on people’s hustle!

• Seriously?!

February 26, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Is BBA meant to be his entire life? Abi he should be sleeping for the rest of his days till the next show comes up? Oga o!

2. Maki

February 26, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Since BBA I have not been able to forgive vimbai or like her….. She is so plastic presenting star gist….

3. Zizie

February 26, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I luv Ik, But Vimbai, i think she is trying to hard…

4. zizi

February 26, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Vimabai is so flat and this role needs someone with flair, personality and also a certain sense of poise which is obviously lacking in Vimbai…I hope she doesn’t make the show a complete flop…*deep sigh*

5. Rivers Blondie

February 27, 2013 at 10:00 am

IK!!!!!!!! SO happy that he’s going to be the host.. People should free him o.. Is BBA his life.. abi he shouldn’t do other things.. mschewww…. I will be watching the awards show Live…..

6. Nike

February 27, 2013 at 2:17 pm

@ BS J why must he stick to BBA only? Go and get a life jo! Sit behind your cheap computer and be hating on people’s hustle! #Oshisko! IK I am more than happy because we all know you’ll be nailing that role. As for Vimbai, I think we should allow the girl, she’s only just starting and by the way, she’s got a pro in the person of IK to hold her hands and make her look and play her role well. A chance people, a chance. Haba!

7. Joe

February 28, 2013 at 2:32 pm

This is so funny someone is struggling to climb up the ladder making her name and her mark setting her pace in the entertainment business people are commenting,so IK will remain in BBA for the rest of his life? and Vimbai should not go further big brother has pass and we are moving ahead those who like her will praise her and those who do not should not turn off their screens not to see her i believe she is a good host and she will definitely rock it..Congratulations Vimbai.

8. Joel