News

The Street is No Place for Children | Watch the Trailer for “Oluranlowo Mi” – a Film about Street Children

BellaNaija.com

Haven For The Nigerian Child Foundation is a not-for-profit organization which was started by Oluyemisi Wada to provide humanitarian assistance to the children living on the streets of Lagos State.

Since the organization came into being, they have reportedly rehabilitated over 30 street children from the Kuramo beach and they’re on the path to doing even more. To raise awareness for the cause, Haven collaborates with Asake Productions and a cast of Yoruba-speaking Nollywood actors to produce ‘Oluranlowo Mi‘ (My Benefactor).

Oluranlowo Mi is a short film which depicts the true stories of 4 street children. How did they get there? What dangers are they exposed to? How does it affect how they turn out? How can we help out?

The film is sponsored by MTN Nigeria, Silverbird Cinemas, Beat/Naija FM, Five Cowrie Creek Limited and will premiere at the Silverbird Galleria on Friday 15th March 2013.

The Trailer

Behind The Scenes

1. immanuel

March 6, 2013 at 12:02 pm

God help me so dat I can help others.

odulowo.blogspot.com

• Sephora

March 7, 2013 at 2:59 am

I second that sentiment! I’ll definitely be checking out their website.

2. immanuel

March 6, 2013 at 12:11 pm

God I cry anytime I see them on the street, I always wish I could help.
    bellanaija great work.
    odulowo.blogspot.com

3. pynk

March 6, 2013 at 12:32 pm

i really want to watch this

4. Retrochic

March 6, 2013 at 12:51 pm

see the no of comments so far, if its whizkid and Tiwa savage, the comments will start pouring, it just shows where we as Nigerians, where our interest lie, Bella is thier something we can do to be a part of this initiative.

• Oluyemisi Wada

March 6, 2013 at 1:54 pm

You can get involved by contacting us through our website http://www.havenng.org or call Bunmi on 08025892586, 08056111000

• dammylee

March 6, 2013 at 4:50 pm

I would like to be involved in your movement. Really appreciate the piece if work.

5. jolasotubo1.wordpress.com

March 6, 2013 at 1:39 pm

“There’s no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way it treats its children”- Nelson Mandela. Going by this, Nigeria’s soul is dark indeed. Children are dying of lead poisoning in Zamfara while our leaders gallivant around the globe to the world’s best hospitals. May God help us. For more insight on the Zamfara issue, pls see

olasotubo1.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/angels-amongst-us/

6. Oluyemisi Wada

March 6, 2013 at 1:57 pm

It’s a riveting document/drama style not been done in Nigeria with Yoruba movies so go out and watch and support the cause.

7. Oluranlowo mi

March 6, 2013 at 1:58 pm

you can see find out more about the movie here https://www.facebook.com/Oluranlowo.Mi

8. Anon

March 6, 2013 at 1:59 pm

It’s so refreshing to finally see a Nigerian film driven by a moral and a cause. It seems very interesting too. I will definitely watch this! Keep up the great work!

9. Laide

March 6, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Wish I was in Nigeria to watch this.

10. Ngozi

March 6, 2013 at 3:28 pm

The heartbreaking part of it all is that our government have turned a blind eye towards the most vulnerable in society. How is it that in a country where we spend millions on ordinary perishables, young people are deprived of the basic amenities of life. I hope that this movie will enlighten those in a position to change the lives of our young in society. Kudos to the team behind this! It is totally refreshing and I hope to see it when it comes out! x

11. kay

March 6, 2013 at 3:32 pm

wud love to wach dis…

12. SaytheTruth

March 6, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Honestly i take a lot of things for granted. I see this trailer and read all these stories and I realize, i have the wonderful life i have only because God has been wonderful and merciful to me.

13. dammylee

March 6, 2013 at 4:49 pm

I am glad and excited to see my yoruba actors in bella naija. To me it seems bella naija is only interested in English actors and leaves out the yoruba actors. It is only in yoruba films you will see things that applies to your daily life, teaches us lessons. if the cast were genevieve, omotola, ini edo, bella naija comments will all over the place. Please promote yoruba movies as well because the real deal is in them. Nice to see you funsho adeolu

• nene

March 6, 2013 at 5:00 pm

i agree with you. yoruba movies have still kept to traditional nollywood stories, while nollywood is looking for inspiration from stories that average Nigerians can’t relate to.

• Msunderstood

March 6, 2013 at 10:16 pm

I loooove Yoruba movies, full of lessons n most have real life situations.

• Waliu Fagbemi

March 28, 2013 at 2:20 pm

nicely said,u took the words right out of my mouth.I hope Bellanaija will pay more attention to yoruba movies cause we produce quality movies too.

14. nene

March 6, 2013 at 4:56 pm

rykardo sexy as ever, and funsho looking younger than ever.

15. Tunmi

March 6, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Now this is a film. I’m glad it’s subtitled

16. xoxo

March 6, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Very inspiring! Great to see stories like this hitting the theaters.
    But err i hope the english translations would be slower when it hits the theater, it was way to fast for me to keep up.

17. some1

March 6, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I wonder how many ppl will go to silverbird to watch this. Pls i heard all the money goes to the charity? if dats d case i will be there.

18. mide

March 7, 2013 at 12:14 am

its a good cause and its good to know that there is someone out there,God is using to do the little they can,its such a shame that our government is doing nothing to elivate its citizen out of poverty and heartbreaking to see under aged children roaming the streets everyday,God indeed is merciful and he would continue to bless this cause!

19. Ada

March 7, 2013 at 4:52 am

smh, the tragedy that befalls children today is overwhelmingly disturbing…I hope this film gets a lot of promotion.

adainprogress.blogspot.com