News

What Do You Do When You Stumble Upon a Secret That Can Change Lives? Watch the Short film by Sunny King – “Unspoken”

BellaNaija.com

We received this video and we loved it. In the wake of the Toolz’ Thoughts feature we ran yesterday about full or partial disclosure in relationships, this video is a MUST WATCH!

Here’s a short synopsis of the film sent to us by the producers:

Two days before Lola’s dream wedding, her maid of honour Sandra stumbles on a secret that could change all of their lives forever. UNSPOKEN is a story of commitment to love and friendship in the face of societal taboos we dare not confront or speak of

“Unspoken” has been officially selected to premiere at Cinema Africa in Sweden and 6th International WAMMFEST Women and Minorities in media (USA). It was produced and directed by Sunny King. It was written by Ola Laniyan and Edith Nwekenta

Starring Marlene Abuah, Segilola Scott, Imanuel Orwi Ameh and Amour Owolabi, this short film is one that will keep you engaged.

Watch it here and share your thoughts!

1. Bleed blue

March 5, 2013 at 11:48 am

Very nice production….but oh so predictable!

• Sola

March 5, 2013 at 12:28 pm

No it wasn’t predictable. Tell me you predicted that their bobos might be sleeping together. Yeah right, abeg have a permanent seat. Interesting short movie, movie quality and message is awesome. Koko of the movie is that EVERY one has secrets so no need telling the partner all about yours. It should be on a “he/she NEEDS to know basis”.

• Mousepad

March 5, 2013 at 2:07 pm

The moment Ayo went silent, I predicted he was sleeping with Lola’s fiance!! so yes, slightly predictable!

• Anonymous

March 5, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Loooool

• fashionLagos

March 5, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Please, she is entitled to her opinion.To her it was predictable!!Abeg, cant people have opinions again!

• Damsel

March 5, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Well, from a film making perspective, you have to remember every shot has a meaning. It wasnt actually predictable that Emeka will be his lover, but when Sandra enters the car an Ayo returns a peck, from there it was predictable. Go back, watch that scene again. An actors gestures include everything in the shot that’s there for a reason.

• Evagreen

March 6, 2013 at 7:53 am

It was predictable; but doesn’t change the fact that it’s a good piece

• Me

March 5, 2013 at 12:44 pm

No it wasn’t predictable c’mon! don’t be such a downer

• Bleed blue

March 5, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I’m sorry guys, I’m being honest…I could just predict from the beginning that the big secret would be that their men would be gay, blame it on too many books read and TV shows watched but the whiff of it came to me from the very start.
      It’s not to say it wasn’t a good production, as you can see, that’s what I started with in my comment.

In conclusion, one man’s predictability is another man’s surprise. Thank you and good night 🙂

• God rocks

March 6, 2013 at 12:00 am

You sound like and most likely one of those nollywood limelight hugger. Biko take several seats watch and learn how it’s done.

• Bleed blue

March 8, 2013 at 10:40 am

Lol @ God rocks…and your point is….?

2. okromouth

March 5, 2013 at 11:53 am

omg!are u serious?wait,is he gay ni? lol..how is it possible to have dated a guy for neary 52months and not one day saw the signs?hmmmmpphh…this one she now forgt her phone in the car,m sure he wud c her messages and find out lil secrets…or wait oh,mebbe the guy Ayo was hugging is TJ….omg…see suspense…so she has had stuff to do wiv two gay guys? omo,that na curse ooo…tufia…

3. okromouth

March 5, 2013 at 11:54 am

seen the signs*

4. Mousepad

March 5, 2013 at 12:12 pm

oh boy!!!!!!!!!!!!! dayuuuuuuum!!!! choi!!!! which other expression have I left out?! looool beautiful acting I swear!

5. cynthia

March 5, 2013 at 12:16 pm

wahala dey!

6. Sola

March 5, 2013 at 12:33 pm

At least the bobo was at least considerate enough to break up with her, hereby saving her a whole lot of heartache in the future. Not like her friends fiancée who is on the down low and taking the woman to the altar anyways. Sometimes, we need to be grateful a partner is breaking up with you because you just never know the form of heartache and humiliation God is saving you from. Sometimes, Loving someone is never enough, there is a whole lot to consider, not just I love him or her.

7. jixy

March 5, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I’d watch the film, looks interesting

8. abi

March 5, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Wow! Really great acting! Very engaging. I’m impressed.

• ikunkun

March 6, 2013 at 12:27 am

Really great acting for realz oh!! At first I was like maybe they are not gay….then watching again,the acting was so real you were almost expecting the guys to kiss!!! **coversface** **runsaway**

9. Me

March 5, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Sunny king! Chituru’s brother 😉 I see your handwork! well done ooo

10. Chima

March 5, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Wow . . . Nice one Sunny !

11. Karonwi

March 5, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Woowww…I love it! esp just after ToolzO’s post on how much u should tell in a relationship! Tricky stuff

12. Hesey

March 5, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Great film……

13. iba

March 5, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Good production and the actors and actress were damnnnnnnnnnnnnn good. I didnt see the end coming honestly but i kept saying in my head please dont kiss him or else i’d freak out now. lol
    Good job guys this to me looks like the future of the Nigerian film industry…

14. Yetty

March 5, 2013 at 3:22 pm

wow…… dis is a wonderful but short movie. I agree with Sola that we need to be grateful if a partner is breaking up with us because we just never know the form of heartache and humiliation God is saving us from.

15. Nok10

March 5, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Love it! The storyline, the actors, the score – thumbs up!

16. CFA

March 5, 2013 at 3:32 pm

I knew it was going to be a guy but i never thought it would be the groom…btw please can we get a full movie? I didn’t want it to end…I loved it!!

17. MissShayee

March 5, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Everyone is talking about how good the acting is… no one has said what they are actually gonna do if they found out this kind of secret. But really,it’s good acting.

18. giggy

March 5, 2013 at 3:58 pm

i didn’t see it either…. good job guys

19. cynthia

March 5, 2013 at 5:04 pm

I will go and call lola sharp sharp. come and see o. its too big to let her enter that kind of thing without knowing. Kai!!! this life sef

20. fashionLagos

March 5, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Great acting, predictable story.

21. Msunderstood

March 5, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Great acting. Clear English, eloquent people.

22. Nina

March 5, 2013 at 6:01 pm

I can’t see anytin gay in wat d guyz did no b normal hug ni? good actin toh n cute ppl

• Specs

March 6, 2013 at 12:30 am

Haaaa!! those boys looked like they were about to kiss mehn!!! the hug wan abnormal die??

• aunty

March 7, 2013 at 6:30 am

looooooooooooool

23. funmi

March 5, 2013 at 6:16 pm

i hate how ppl are saying atleast she told him, the fact is she and her friend are beards for the gay men, atleast emeka didnt sleep with lola, but ayo slept with sandra all this time and probably slept with other men, living her with the potential to get diseases. Its disgusting and i for one dont care about this same sex rubbish, God created man and woman, if he wanted same sex relationship he would have brought forth another man instead of even for adam. I know this is an issue we must face in our african society, but i think its horrible how we are quick to adapt to the oyibo culture while forgetting ours. Its an abomination in our cultures period!!

• fashionLagos

March 5, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Oh please, like the major religions we practice in Nigeria were not adapted from the so called oyibo culture.

• funmi

March 5, 2013 at 9:20 pm

am talking about our traditional culture and religion, they forbid such nonsense and its an abomination. If you look at the so called catholic christian religion, its basically an imitation of babalawo=priest. So i know what am talking about, am a traditionalist in my view, whether christian or native culture, you dont have to agree with me

24. lady

March 5, 2013 at 6:51 pm

writers culd have doe more, actors were on point… good production but writing should definitely improve

25. Hafsah

March 5, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Predictable that he was gay! He was quite all along but it wasn’t predictable that his partner was her best friends fiancée

26. R

March 5, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Brilliant production! Nkan bee

27. Joy

March 5, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Lots of things are an abomination in our culture and we have not stopped doing them. Anyway, good acting and I definitely will pay to see it! Keep us posted Bella Naija

28. chi girl

March 5, 2013 at 8:57 pm

well done bro, very proud indeed. fantastic work, can’t wait to see what”s next

29. Samuel

March 5, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Nice acting. Clean cinematography. Good dialogue too. I especially like the acting of the bride-to-be’s friend. Well done to Sunny King.

30. jade

March 5, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Umm predictabe, idont think so. Some infidelity, well yes, with the same bobo, Hecks no!!!! oh boy, very interesting tho.

31. Melvin

March 5, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Had a feeling it would be both their guys doing it

32. Melvin

March 5, 2013 at 9:55 pm

The story line is nice though, quality; real good, kept me interested…if I was in her shoes…I’d hav to deal wit d fear of telling and just spill to my friend,..but with convincing proof,…not just words,…now that’s where the drama starts…finding proof…that should be a good name for a good movie……’finding proof’ ..(stareing at the ceiling …stroking my chin

33. Killian Red

March 5, 2013 at 10:53 pm

WOW! That was a solid performance. I totally did not expect that ending. I was thinking he’d also strayed of the reservation and by some quadratic equation they’d cancel each other out and either reconcile or go their separate ways. To put it mildly, that tori get serious K-leg. But great acting, very natural performance and a good story. Please keep up the good work and muchos grease to your elbow.

As per the bride to be–I’m sorry but I’m telling. It’s one thing to faint from shock and anger, but to be with a down-low brother? Abeg, comma no dey, na full stop remain.

34. misse

March 6, 2013 at 12:53 am

wow i loved this n wanted to keep watching. i kinda guessed he was doin a dude but the end where it was her friends fiancee came as a shock to me then it took me back to where her friend said her fiancee is so good he doesn’t touch her(as if). 9icely done

35. Teetee

March 6, 2013 at 3:29 am

Wow!very nice short film,the acting was so natural and it was far from being predictable.May God help us single ladies,because gone are those days when you wanna start dating a guy and you just hope and pray he’s not a player or womanizer,In this generation another prayer point has entered the matter…Lord let him not be gay ooooo,LOOOL…because honestly there are a lot of guys like Emeka who are bi sexual and will never tell their partners,rather they will go ahead and get married and the woman suffers it all 🙁

36. Yellow Cocaine

March 6, 2013 at 3:49 am

“There is no other woman” gave it away!… Amazing & Predictable! 😉

• Omidon

March 6, 2013 at 7:35 am

Guys say that all the time just to lie even if there is, so don’t c how that could have given it away……if u thought of it yes but nothing in the movie showed u could predict he would turn out gay…..make una no too dey critisize and lie unnecessary…this is a top notch better than the typical predictable Naija movie

37. hmmmmmm

March 6, 2013 at 4:56 am

omg!!! the other guy is the meanest, still taking her to the altar. wth

38. Jagwah

March 6, 2013 at 8:02 am

Hahahah I always
    Love the reactions people have and the comments they leave after watching this 😛

39. salsera

March 6, 2013 at 9:17 pm

they didnt do anything odd tho, i suspect the film may not go the same way we think. Cos if the guys were together then why would it be so easy for the groom to comfort lover when he broke up with his gf yet he’s still going ahead with his marriage plans.

40. oyin

March 7, 2013 at 7:13 pm

this short movie just taught me there are some secrets I shld rather let them die with me, no telling no partner everything cos I dont know the ones he’s keeping. chinena!

41. just saying

March 21, 2013 at 11:20 pm

omg!! absolutely impressed with the acting, esp the girls. lol @ killian red, no comma na full stop. May God not put us in this sort of dilema….

42. Fee King

August 23, 2013 at 6:51 am

Impressive. BRAVO!! I rarely watch clips of anything over 4-5 minutes; however, this had my complete attention. Great plot and story line. The acting was vulnerable, transparent and flawless. Great, Great work. I wanted more. I want a full feature. Ya Hollywood Fitness Go2Gurl…Fee King