News

Love, Betrayal & Revenge! Watch Nse Ikpe Etim, Omoni Oboli, Kalu Ikeagwu in the Trailer for Paul Apel’s Movie “Blue Flames”

BellaNaija.com

Papel Images announces the release of its new movie “Blue Flames

Find the synopsis of the movie below –

Blue flames is the interwoven story of three families who in their desperation for wealth and fulfillment take decisions that totally alter the course of their lives. Tonia (Omoni Oboli) desperate to save her marriage to Jerry (Paul Apel) takes a decision that comes back to haunt her and her family. Dr Emeka (Kalu Ikeagwu) married to Vanessa (Nse Ikpe Etim) whose incessant forgetfulness culminates in a tragedy that threatens their home. Sani’s (Musa Danja) quest for more wealth leads him through a path that puts him on the wrong side of the incorruptible Danjuma. It’s a story of Love, Romance, Betrayal and Revenge.

The movie premieres at Silverbird Entertainment Centre, Abuja on Thursday, 18th April 2013.

Watch the trailer here.

1. Joan

April 2, 2013 at 4:34 pm

I want to see this! Good to have Nse back, I was just thinking today that I haven’t seen her “brakelight” since her wedding news broke 🙂

2. FOB

April 2, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Nse is in it?? Then its a good movie.

• Say What?

April 2, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Yeah right

3. dodo

April 2, 2013 at 5:03 pm

I want to see this it looks interesting

4. roomandpalor

April 2, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Love the north and south collabo. #keepnigeriaone

5. nene

April 2, 2013 at 8:13 pm

i think nigerian movies should go back to the “segun arinze voice over”. most trailers just don’t explain what we should look out for, it’s all over the place, however this trailer is actually better than most of the other ones i’ve seen.

6. fashionandstylepolice

April 2, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Looks promising. I will wait till it is on iRoko free.

• chinwe

April 2, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Awofu dey run belle ooooohhhh, lol

7. Mama mia!!!

April 2, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Yay!!! I see my Hausa Brothers repping hard…

8. Guccii

April 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Cant wait to seee dis movie.a fan of nse nd omoni oboli anyday anytime

9. Chyke

April 2, 2013 at 10:45 pm

N0 0ffence but Nse has g0t to be d most stereotyped actress in nollywood after my dearest Patience Ozokwor. Nse is same in every movie she appears in=always a h0uswife who is a victim of domestic abuse/violence n she looks so stale. Yea many w!ll jump t0 d!sagree but it’s d truth. I still like her though n I will watch dis m0vie once it’s on Iroko TV. Nice seeing Kanu Ikeagwu. Brilliant n handsome actor.

• Adeola

April 3, 2013 at 12:28 am

Lol…..obviously you are not a fan of her and haven’t seen all her released movie. Don’t let her role in Mr and Mrs trick you. And even if so, you gotta appreciate a sister. It’s the message that is passed that matters.

• dont mention

April 3, 2013 at 3:20 am

u know u r right?…….u got me thinking n i recalled most of the movies i hav seen her, she is always the same character n i believe she has more depth than dat……hope she reads ur comment n starts considering her taking other roles or characters bc that is the worst thing an actor can do their craft, repetition of characters and as u rightly said, she becomes stale n looses her fan base………..good call…..n just like u, i like her too very much n oh, my kalu ikaegwu……awesomeness n handsomeness for days…….hahahahahhaha…
      vikkyscreed.blogspot.com

• Mabel

April 3, 2013 at 4:00 am

You are 100% correct! She is seriously typecast. I am not sure why she does not do more versatile roles.

• Peachy_mo

April 3, 2013 at 8:40 am

What type of role exactly? the bitchy housewife or mistress? was Liz Benson and them Rachael Oniga not stereotyped during their time? If she comes on stage smoking and playing some prominent part you all (esp Chyke: I think you have so much bile in your system) will come ranting about good woman gone bad same way you all stereotyped Tyler Perry’s movies but guess what? she’ll go on to play the victimized housewife, you’ll rush to buy/watch the movie come back here and write all sort of nonsensical nonsense and she’ll still be making her money…from you pockets

• I DONT GET IT

April 3, 2013 at 8:03 pm

i dont get it. Every Nigerian actress is known for a certain role. PAtience Ozokwor is the mean mother in-law. CHioma chucuka the virgin, Geneveive good sister so i dont get what your saying?

10. Chyke

April 3, 2013 at 9:53 am

Dats it @Peachy-Mo. U guys think typecasting is so good. U only want to get d praiseful comments. Lemme remind u dat Liz Benson played d wicked mother, d lawyer, d 18year old, d pr0stitute, d good wife, etc during her time. Nollywood is finding it hard to get a replacement for Liz Benson. Now how can u say Liz Benson was stereotyped? As 4 Recheal Oniga, I can’t tell cos I was never a fan of hers. I like Nse n I think she is one of d best we have right now, am not a die hard fan of hers but am not a hater of hers @all. She is a good actress but I wanna see her in another dimension. For now she is stereotyped. Take it or leave it.

11. JADE

April 3, 2013 at 11:03 am

Nse typecast???please wasnt it in only Mr and Mrs?? who says shez a housewife in this one?have u seen her in reloaded?the Meeting? please go back and check again.

12. OMACHUKWUI

April 3, 2013 at 1:50 pm

NSE I LOVE U , UR ONE OF THE BEST NIGERIA ACTOR,KEEP IT UP GIRL

13. Mabel

April 4, 2013 at 4:03 am

@Peachy why do you come off so angry. It’s just an opinion, not life or death.

Every actor should have the opportunity to show their range. I am not sure if it’s just the roles that come her way, or the ones she chooses why she ends up playing the same character over and over again. In any case, I respect actors who have range, those who can interpret any role and bring it to life. The issue is not that she owns a genre, it’s that it’s the same characterization over and over again. If she owned a genre then that would be entirely different. At the end of the day, I am not going to lose any sleep over Nse, however she chooses to run her career is entirely up to her.

14. glam mama

April 4, 2013 at 4:20 am

love me some Nse.

15. Sunshine

April 4, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Nse is certainly one of Nigeria’s best, but I also love Kalu, and Omoni has this kind of innocence about her… a fragility and sympathy that to me, only Stella Damasus brought out in her characters. I’m looking forward to this movie.