Music

It’s Finally Here! Get Yourself Waje’s Debut Album “Words Aren’t Just Enough” Now

Onos

Waje (2)

The vocal powerhouse and African Soul star, Waje has finally dropped her debut album, the 14 track eponymously titled “W.A.J.E- Words Aren’t Just Enough” with hits like ‘I Wish’ and “Oko Mi”,

The award-winning star has enjoyed a week of media blitz trending at No 3 on Twitter worldwide since the album dropped; being the first ever Nigerian artiste to be listed on the international Google Plus Hangout alongside the cast of ‘Fast and Furious’, Glamour Magazine and ESPN hangouts.

So far, she’s had:

• an exciting Google Plus album launch Hangout on Cool FM with M.I, Cobhams Asuquo, Ebuka, producer Sizzle Pro and her fans. Check out the video below.
  • her first ever performance of her brand new album at GET Arena for Industry Night.
  • an exclusive Listening Party hosted by Cafe Vanessa.

And, here’s what she has coming up:

• May 10- Words Aren’t Just Enough- The documentary premiere
  • September 3- W.A.J.E The Live Concert

For fans worldwide, “Words Aren’t Just Enough” – the album is available in stores and you can get it on Itunes now, {click here}

Check on it!

1. Naveah

May 2, 2013 at 2:35 pm

*SIGH* Waje, girl I love you BUT we have got to do better with these pictures, baby girl! Why is your hair looking like the grease was not rubbed into your hair properly? *SIGH*

2. Flue

May 2, 2013 at 2:43 pm

That album cover no make am. Did they pour ororo on her hair ni?

3. bumi

May 2, 2013 at 2:45 pm

too much make up.

4. Flue

May 2, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Se Ebuka and Noble no get work ni?

5. lily

May 2, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Waje’s voice is just beautiful…she’s like my naija Whitney Houston…(RIP Whitney H)

6. Zero

May 2, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Loool…no be small Ororo..lool..I think it’s just airbrushing and photo effects gone wrong..dem wan make d chic fine by force but e no work..hahaha..who don ug don ug..when u c am from far u go think say na one better pic to look at and then this…C

7. lele

May 2, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Google Plus is the ish…..you should all get on it . Congrats WAJE, lets see u in Ghana soon

8. amara

May 2, 2013 at 3:43 pm

I still don’t get it.Why do people hate for no reason.Appreciate the lady and her album.Why the whole fuss about her hair and you have no right to say shez ugly.

• kemi

May 3, 2013 at 10:09 am

gosh! ur right amara, for christ sake, i think Bellanaija should restrict dese constant haters from commenting. if you ant contribute to it just keep quiet. No one even knows dese guys

9. Naveah

May 2, 2013 at 4:11 pm

@ Amara – like it or not, she is a COMMODITY! EVERY artist who is out here selling their talents be it in music, acting, modeling etc selling a commodity and therefore IF people spend their hard earned money for the “commodity” they have a right to say if the “commodity” is presented well or NOT! NOW, should people make untoward, rude and insulting comments? Of course not, none of us can create a single hair on a human being head. HOWEVER, if the criticism is prsented in a constructive way then it should be considered! There many comments on this site that can HELP many of these artists if they step outside of themselves and see what is said OBJECTIVELY. IT IS A FACT that her hair appears of have grease spot…FACT! It isn’t said to make her look stupid but at least now she would know what to look for when she is looking for her final proofs before putting the pictures out there.

IF ARTIST DOESN’T WANT TO BE CRITICIZE THEN PLEASE STAY OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT AND KEEP SINGING/PLAYING YOUR INSTRUMENTS IN YOUR CHURCH CHOIR, USING YOUR CAMERA AT YOUR FAMILY OWAMBE OR ACTING IN YOUR CHURCH PLAYS, shikena!!!

• LOL

May 2, 2013 at 5:12 pm

PREACH.

Naveah, sit down.

• LOL

May 2, 2013 at 5:14 pm

I meant, AMARA, sit down.
      Naveah, good talk!

• Mo'blezzing

May 3, 2013 at 3:22 am

I feel you, but where do we draw the line? Adele is too fat and doesn’t dress to fashionably…MJ had a big nose and dressed in own unique style….not a lot of people agree with the fashion/style sense of all these iconic stars. Constantly picking on Waje’s photos would not only mess with her self image but it distracts from her talent as well. Moreso, going by your ‘commodity’ explanation, in my humble opinion her main commodity is her voice and music….na photo we dey listen to?

• Naveah

May 3, 2013 at 2:48 pm

True, Mo’Blezzing that no be photo we dey listen to but if she wan be brand and branding encompasses her vocal ability as well as her looks then the photo MUST be on point. Artists today do not only sell their talent BUT products which then means looks come into play. If a hair product company where thinking of using her, would they? I doubt it, no with this picture. Talking about how an artist is ugly, fat, has a big nose etc is superficial criticism. I don’t care that Adele is fat but I would be aghast for her if they put her on the cover of a magazine in a size 12 dress when she is clearly a size 22. Package what you have flawlessly. If you are going to do a photo cover to sell your DEBUT album then make sure that it is FLAWLESS! We are a look oriented society, abeg let’s not deny it. It is like a christmas present, the first thing you see is the wrapper, you don’t know what gift is inside but the wrapper attracts you. The same applies here. Her picture on the cover of the album attracts the person who has may have never heard her voice and if it’s wonky, they might not even bother. That’s all i’m sayin’.

10. Idak

May 2, 2013 at 4:19 pm

leave the album cover and concentrate on the music.

11. naana

May 2, 2013 at 4:37 pm

make up……. no comment. can’t find earrings too. oooooooooooooooooooooooo
    love you Waje, whether no or make up gone bad, or no earrings, u are the only Waje i see.

12. cathy

May 2, 2013 at 4:55 pm

rite now am a huge not big o fan of waje

13. ChaCha

May 2, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I love the hair. Waje sabi sing shekena.

14. Mariiam

May 2, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Beautiful album!lord

15. sule

May 2, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Sweet waje tinz

16. BIZZ

May 2, 2013 at 9:02 pm

gOD BLESS wAJE AND LISTEN TO THE MUSIC NOT THE HAIR. I AM NOT MY HAIR INDIA ARIE SAID

17. NNENNE

May 3, 2013 at 4:23 am

She can sing and that’s all that matters to me.

18. Cool Coffee

May 3, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I have done projects with lots of international and local stars on the Benson & Hedges/Rothmans Groove platform but never heard a dazzling voice sequencing with so much passion that give’s me goose pimples like that of W.A.J.E. keep it up! we’ got your back always.

19. amara

May 3, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Its cool to have different opinions about people.Someone said shez a commodity;dats cool but last time I checked,Waje was selling her voice and music not beauty.Shez an artist,your free to critisize her song If you don’t like it.Leave her person out of it.Afterall,she never came out to announce that shez got all the beauty in the world.Stop the hate,It’l take you nowhere.

20. Naveah

May 3, 2013 at 7:59 pm

IF she is not selling her beauty, Amara then she shouldn’t appear on the cover of the album much less wear make up. it should just be a blank cover and lets see how much that album sells. Tell that to Beyonce and rest of the female R & B singers out here. My dear, the record company is making money by selling their voices and their sex appeal. Hate is such an easy buzz word to use when you can’t come up with a concise point to express why you disagree with someone. I am a big fan of Waje’s, if to say I no send am, I for bother with am? She may not even read these posts at all but we are having a good discussion, no one is trying to knock her hustle.

21. MzM

May 3, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I’m sorry but this album cover doesn’t cut it at all. Her people could have selected a much better picture, I’m sure.

22. Paul eyenam

May 28, 2013 at 3:06 pm

i was expecting her album shld be out b4 now. U kno she came to my village and performd on her brother traditional marriage in Ikot Etobo, A’ibom state and I met her.

paul

23. Tosin

August 10, 2013 at 12:45 am

I didn’t like this album. I consider this comment a public service, not as “hating” cos I wish the artist very well. Sisterly love. Here goes:
    It’s not as bad as I remember. Here are the good songs:
    12 – Na The Way – just golden. features Sarkodie.
    9 – Higher – she should use her talents to do more like this.
    8 – No Be You – Oh yeah. Not perfect, but again, this is the type of stuff that I love her in.
    7 – I Wish – I love this song. Love the video too. It made me a fan.
    3 – Ijeoma – when this classy musician wants to go “dance”, this is how she should do it.
    I would have been happy with an album that had just those five songs, and maybe for filler these OK tracks:
    5 – Grind – which is smoothly ground. One line I hate but ok moving on.
    6 – TIme Na Money
    11 – Only You – MI feature.

That’s eight of fourteen tracks.

Some of the songs are not good, and you can’t ignore the psychological impact of having those bookend the album – at the start and the end of the album. Basically, I really hated the album for that. If I had the time, I’d rip the good songs and play them only. I really don’t want to deal with the bad music. I may never listen to this again just to avoid the crap songs.

Example, Black and White to me just has this discordant hook / chorus. Good rap features (Eva, Phyno) but they should have asked to be on another song.

What I don’t like is informal language *plus* informal arrangement a la Beyonce. There is a method to music, you can break the rules yeah, but first know music, first know the rules. Time Na Money holds it together, easy on the ear. Basically, if you’re flexible enough to think Beyonce is musical, you’ll love this album. If you’re picky like me, you’ll frown through half of the songs.

• Tosin

August 13, 2013 at 1:38 am

Grown on me already: two of the six. Guess I’m getting more
      modern 😉 I wonder what other people think about this music sha. O,
      and I like the back cover image. To me, it’s more distinctive than
      the front cover.

24. chi-e-z

August 31, 2013 at 12:41 am

hi does anyone know where i can get the hard copy CD. I would appreciate it.

25. Tosin

September 6, 2013 at 9:09 am

Hauntingly good: NO BE YOU. Amazing single.