News

Funke Akindele: “Yes, My Marriage has Crashed” | Nollywood Star confirms Split – Read the Official Statement + Her Recent Interview

Afunkiss 3

It has been confirmed, Funke Akindele and Kehinde Almaroof Oloyede are no longer a couple.

After staying mum on recent reports that she and her property developer husband of 1 year and 46 days have split, the actress released a statement via her publicist/sister Ayo Ola-Muhammed.

Read the Official Statement;

Dear Friends,
On behalf of our client, star actress, Funke Akindele, we want to formally inform you that after due consultation and consideration, she’s now separated from Mr. Kehinde Oloyede as his wife. She hereby urges her fans and all concerned to pray and wish her the best as she moves on in her career. Kindly note that this is the first and only official statement from Funke Akindele on the matter and will be glad if her wish is respected. Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Ayo Ola- Muhammed,
Principal Consultant
NEECEE Entertainment.

The actress recently had a short interview with blogger/journalist Stella Dimoko Korkus  on her blog StellaDimokoKorkus.com through a telephone conversation. Read the interview;

Funke how do you feel now that your marriage has ended after just a year? You must be going through a hard time right now. People are laughing at you.
…….thank you for calling Stella. First of all let me clarify that I have not replied any sms or spoken to anyone on this development before now and neither have I threatened to sue anyone, I do not know who sent out that sms denying that my marriage is over, that was what necessitated me sending out a press release so as not to confuse the public, especially my fans whom I’m so passionate about. I’ve been unable to pick calls due to my busy schedule on set and I needed to settle down before picking any calls, so you called at the right time.

I will address this issue now and thereafter face my career and try to concentrate on the things i have on my plate at the moment…Yes my marriage has crashed.

Let the people who are laughing at me continue laughing, my job afterall is to make people laugh. Let those who are without sins or mistake cast the first stone. Let them continue judging me. God is the overall judge, he is the one I look up to.

I am shocked Funke. Why the silence all this while why? why Facebook?
It’s my private life, I know I am a public figure but I am entitled to some privacy at least. What has happened has happened, No one is beyond mistakes. I will take corrections from this and apply where necessary from now on. I bear Mr Kehinde Oloyede no ill feelings.

We wish Funke all the best.

1. Em

July 20, 2013 at 10:28 am

1year??? Oh Lord save our land

• slice

July 20, 2013 at 5:47 pm

A lot can happen in a year. if it’s truly over, it’s best to let it go. People said the same thing about Kim K but now she just had a baby with someone else. I’m not suggesting Kim K is anybody’s role model but really her situation does show sometimes it’s best to move on fast rather than holding on to nothing

• idehenjoy

November 8, 2013 at 5:28 pm

well i tink laughing is not the best option here so we should not judge anyone cause sometime things happen for a reason

2. Nomy1

July 20, 2013 at 10:35 am

Mehn, I just hate matters like this. Dont know what happened but I wish whatever it was did not happen! Just 1 year? Wahala don dey dey small small for our divorce rates o!

3. bimpe

July 20, 2013 at 11:14 am

Before you start judging, look inwards! You meet someone fall in love and hope and pray for a happy forever after but sometimes things just dont go as planned so you have to opt out and jog on…it doesnt mean neither party is wrong it just means they are not suited for each other, so before you start running your mouths, i will suggest you look inwards!!!

• EXODUS

July 20, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I understand anyone’s point of view if the person chooses to divorce or not, but I believe so much in my Religion (Christianity) which is against divorce and regards it sinful. I hurt God the day I divorce, so i think i would prefer when the two parties are separated due to misunderstandings but not going the extra length to divorce. Its bad!! “Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.” —Matthew 19:6; In Matthew 5:32, Jesus said, “But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.” Gurlfriend… dont take it as an option.

• slice

July 20, 2013 at 2:39 pm

But what if there was adultery

• Sunshine

August 2, 2016 at 2:53 pm

Did God join them together?

4. Sel

July 20, 2013 at 11:17 am

Marriage is not easy especially the first year. It takes a lot to adjust your life to accommodate your spouse.i guess they couldn’t make it past the 1 year mark cos they’ve surely been seperated for a while.
    In her case, I guess there were many factors she overlooked or undermined, and those factors later caused huge challenges to her marriage. All is well Funke, at least you learnt your lessons and hopefully you haven’t given up on love.

5. Lizzie

July 20, 2013 at 11:25 am

Heard the dude got 2 ladies pregnant after they were married. Might be a rumour, might be untrue but if it really happened, i will understand her wanting out. Humans are not infallibe, so i wish her well in her future endeavours. it is sad!

6. lolly

July 20, 2013 at 11:38 am

Abegiiiiii!, did she not see the signs? I understand that he had another woman abi women before her, he cheats to be with you, he will also cheat on you, did she expect him to change just like that? I am married and I have found that whatever behaviour a person exhibits while courting is as good as the marriage will get, people should show some responsibility for their actions and stop adding to to the divorce stats

• slice

July 20, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Most of us have been with other people before we marry someone. If he was not married to any of those women, nothing says she can’t marry him. just cause you’re someone’s baby mama doesn’t mean he’s married to you

• jcsgrl

July 23, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Slice I believe what lolly is referring is the content of the man’s character. If he cheated on girlfriends and was a serial dater, the chances of him cheating in marriage is infact guaranteed. What you see before courtship is what you get. If a man or woman cannot commit to a relationship and be faithful, don’t expect them to commit to your marriage. Yes most of us dated people before marriage but how did we date? Were we monogamous? Did we hop from man to man?

• yetty

July 23, 2013 at 1:32 am

true talk, I like

• Fleur

November 23, 2017 at 5:20 am

I feel sorry for Jenifa because I love her so much. But your point about pre-marital behavior patterns is dead on. Behaviors don’t change past teenage years unless the person experiences a literal transfiguration. I once almost married a playboy. He Loved me no doubt but without variety I believe he’d die a painful death. Aboutevery month, there wasa new suspicious case. Luckily he dumped me for another. Opened my eyes to my decent hubby who has not cheated at least to my face or knowledge. Now he is miserable in his marriage because his wife has becOme a serious monitoring spirit. He does not even understand that her behavior is a reflection of his. Poor woman. if I married him, I woulda been married to a pussy ninja.

7. Coco

July 20, 2013 at 11:39 am

I really love Funke and wish her all the best for the future. She will meet the right person with time. Kenyan fan.

8. BusBus

July 20, 2013 at 11:40 am

Dude never deserved her….. Wonder why she married him…. It is well Funke, stay strong…

9. Bookie

July 20, 2013 at 11:44 am

I wish her all the best. It cannot be easy. Also Kudos to her for realizing that it was not what she wanted and is now getting out. Better to get out than remain miserable in the name of being married…

Buttttttt, ladies it is not just about following your heart! Your heart and head should work together on such matters. Marriage is basically and life sentence o. So you need to shine your eyes before you go into it. It ain’t about butterflys in your stomach!

10. Gistyinka Blog

July 20, 2013 at 12:03 pm

don’t know what to say to the issues… Gudluck in your search funke…

11. Oluwaseun Ikekhua

July 20, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Naija celebrities need good publicists. 1 min u are denying and calling it a rumor, d nxt ur accepting n saying we shld pray 4 u. Like seriously!!!!!!!!

• slice

July 20, 2013 at 2:37 pm

She sd she’s not the one that denied it

• Eve82

July 20, 2013 at 8:30 pm

And you believe that…smh

12. Rynyx

July 20, 2013 at 12:24 pm

But she just said she didn’t send out the message denying that her marriage had crashed. read her interview again…. wish her all the best.

13. babyoku

July 20, 2013 at 12:35 pm

my dear bear in mind dat every disapptm is a huge bless,GOD wil see u thru ok

14. nikkyjay

July 20, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Shit happens! Still love and admire you aunty Funke. Please hold your head up high. This too shall pass, it’s only a matter of time.

15. Chic

July 20, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Well if reports doing the rounds online that she married an already married man with 2 or 3 other women and almost 10 children who is a known philanderer then she definitely knew what she was getting herself into. Some reports claimed that she was having second thoughts but the marriage preparations were at an advanced stage and she couldn’t call it off to which I say a broken engagement better pass broken marriage and at the same time marriage is not the end all be all neither is it a do or die affair. A leopard does not change its spots I just hope other ladies and their families learn from this story because most women marry due to pressure from family and society even when they are not ready and almost always end up marrying the wrong person due to pressure. All the best Funke and may you look well well before you leap next time we all make mistakes but do not make the same mistake twice.

16. Leah

July 20, 2013 at 1:30 pm

You can not gain your happiness through others’ misery. You loose them how you get them and when a man marries his mistress, he creates an opening for a mistress. And please don’t come at me with “god” nonsense, what do you expect with man who abandons his own children? Every lost time and love those kids missed, you get to pay, God don’t like ugly. Mercy Johnson yours is coming like tsunami just wait for it.

• sideeyeblankstare

July 20, 2013 at 9:16 pm

roger that

17. Nikky

July 20, 2013 at 1:37 pm

This Stella Dimokorkus or whoever the interviewer is sounded spiteful. Makes me wonder–is her blog a gossip blog cos this were not good interview questions “……people are laughing at you” “I am shocked Funke. why the silence….”. Interviewer, are you for real?

• Naija4life

July 21, 2013 at 8:40 pm

You can say that again. People are harsh. If you haven’t walked a mile in someone’s shoes at least you have the option to remain silent and pray that God guides you aright in your own life. Unbelievable amount of bold interviewing right there…

18. hmm

July 20, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I like funke a lot……………but if i remember correctly lots of people warned her and were against the marriage as the guy already had wives and kids, also she is a christian and he a muslim (religion can be a factor sometimes)…all the best though

19. Suyacrush

July 20, 2013 at 2:01 pm

So sad, but better now than later. When it comes to marriage I believe it’s good to take time to know who you are getting hitched to.
    “The same belt used to beat the former wife will be used for the new wife” , the guy has never looked like her match to me; but once again when you are in love it is hard to see past one’s heart
    . My courtship took a long time, to the point where people thought I was too much(my mum wanted me married already…) but thanks to my friends I was able to see aspects that I couldn’t see due to my love for my husband(boyfriend at that time)
    Today I’m married to him and trust me I thank God for the time I took to know him. That time gave room to me being able to preset my boundaries and him knowing what not to bring to me.
    Funke we love you and know that God never gives you what you can’t handle. Your charming prince is very much out there somewhere. May God give you the strength to move forward.

20. teargas

July 20, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Thank you Lord for the mature and sensible responses. As some one said, a broken engagement is far better than a broken marriage. It is well, love heals all wounds.

21. Caligula

July 20, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Eh…….Shit happens, Still love her!

22. The Fairy GodSister

July 20, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Eh ya.. I feel so sorry for her. God’s grace to both of them in this difficult time.

23. temi

July 20, 2013 at 3:21 pm

THIS FUNKE REALLY FALL MY HAND ,HOW CAN AN EDUCATED LAWYER MARRY AN OSHODI LOCAL CHAMPION. RUBBISH.IT WAS SO CLEAR BEFORE THE MARRIAGE THAT THE GUY IS A WOMANIZER.

24. Teddy Bear

July 20, 2013 at 3:21 pm

I wish her all the best! She’s one of my favorites!

25. Mschewwww

July 20, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Like my pastor Dollar Said and Myles Monroe Said, if you decide to break contract with God which is marriage which you did before him, then invite all the people whom you invited to your wedding and do the breakage in front of God and all your invited guest again. Nowadays, people put them first before God first. It was soooo bad it could not be worked out because you will die if you dont get out abi? No sacrifice whatsoever for children of nowadays. Just up and leave after one sneeze.

In Gods eyes this contract is not broken, and unless yall fix this shyt, you will marry and marry and marry and marry to no avail till kingdom come. GO to youtube and listen to myles munroe tapes you will learn somthing about marriage.

• slice

July 20, 2013 at 5:45 pm

this your god is very judgmental. I hope he’s not the same one I know and love

• CGH

July 21, 2013 at 3:58 am

U are so funny, lol

• birdieblue

July 22, 2013 at 1:01 am

Sorry oh but please notice that the guy was already married before you start saying contract was broken and what not.

26. d baby

July 20, 2013 at 3:58 pm

alas the saying no smoke without fire was proven , funke i personally shook my head when i heard u a christian ( dad a rev,ur mum a strong member of mfm) got married to an uncircumcised fellow, u had ur reasons, nd when u were asked u claimed ur still in christ. the bible says what has light got to do with darkness, funke u deserved better than that, who am i to judge, i dunno what went wrong,bt i hope nd pray u find ur way back to the cross,ur fans love u including moi,keep ur head up!

• funke

July 21, 2013 at 1:38 am

U r very funny, christian and muslim, light and darkness! Kate Henshaw and her husband, Monalisa Chinda and her husband, Eucharia and her husband, Stephanie Okereke and her previous husband, Iyabo Ojo and her husband, DOris Simeon and her husband, did all these people also marry into darkness? Tinubu and Fashola are there and their marriage is working

• inosend

July 21, 2013 at 9:03 pm

stop fooling yourself..no true born again believer will marry a muslim….

• Toks

July 22, 2013 at 4:07 am

You’re so funny! So Muslims are uncircumcised, seems you’ve been around non Muslims because muslim boys are circumcised. It’s a must to circumcise our boys!!!

27. sweetie

July 20, 2013 at 6:14 pm

funke be strong, you will be alright.

28. CarliforniaBawler

July 20, 2013 at 6:56 pm

As shallow as this sounds, but at least now peeps would stop referring to her as an old-maid….she sha don marry now…..it’s sad but it’s the society we live in. I was very certain the only reason she hooked up with this big papa to start with was to fulfill all righteousness. Anyways I wish her all the best, wish she came out of the relationship with a baby though (if she wanted one), that way she go just face her career and pikin.

29. Merciful1

July 20, 2013 at 7:00 pm

I just hope this man didn’t get married to Akindele the actress.

• Oyinade

July 23, 2013 at 12:14 pm

lol, are you serious? Which Funke Akindele do you think people are referring to, or is your sentence incomplete?

30. chizzy

July 20, 2013 at 7:45 pm

God what is happening? I love Funke to pieces. She made me watch yoruba movie. Pls dear try and tell us your fans what happened, ok. Goodluck.#sadface

31. asgrl

July 20, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Trials and tribulations of a single 30+ year old Nigerian/African women. My dear fellow women, una see wetin una side mouth they force your fellow women folk do? Its so sad that you can be an extremely accomplished individual, happy in your career, life and family but as long as you are not married with 3/4 kids at 35, people, in particular fellow women, start calling you a failure, promiscuous, don’t want you around for fear you may steal their husbands.

Marriage is not by force oh. My fellow women please don’t let societal pressure force you into unions with partners where you’re unevenly yoked. At the end of the day, the people who are pushing you and eat all the food and dance all the azonto at your wedding will not be there inside the house when the man is beating you or gives you an STD.

• Chigbo

July 20, 2013 at 9:42 pm

It’s true……RIta Dominic stood her ground and she’s all the better for it. Don’t worry Funke, it’s not how you fall, it’s how you get up.

Please let’s spare a thought for little girls up North pushed into underage marriage. Sign this petition at change . org to get the United Nations to hear our voices. It’s free.

• jcsgrl

July 23, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Erm leave Rita Dominic talk out of this…she no want man if you know what I mean. I have seen bbs from a pal in Lekki to prove

32. BrandonJkJ

July 20, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Well said Slice! I dnt usually respond or comment on our so-called celebrity issues, bt whn i read something truely intelligent it stires me positively. Really lovely comment and an even better quote…’its better to get out fast than holding on to nothing!’ I wish Funke all the best and for Almarof better luck next time bro.

33. nikkykay

July 20, 2013 at 10:26 pm

I love ur comments COCO and BUSBUS
    And I want u all to knw dat marriage is to enjoy and not to endure. So my dear sister you have choosen the right decision
    God will put u through

34. Vhikky

July 20, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Mehn,dis is disgustin,a star,nd a public figure

35. inosend

July 20, 2013 at 10:40 pm

funke u knew u were wrong in the first place but dont know what was propelling u…..am sure your mum would have told u she was not in support of you marrying a muslim, more so a certified area boy and ladies man……anyway dont know if God even recognised that marriage in the first place but now that u have learnt ur lessons and moved on, i pray you take your time and marry well next time……

36. shola

July 20, 2013 at 11:20 pm

It is sad about Funke and I wish her the best. However, I will like to know the insentive person doing the intervie. She is going through a difficult time and she is dealing with having to deal with the public reaction to her misfortune, yet you choose to say things like”people are laughing at you”and “Funke I’m shocked” whoever this person is he/she must get more training on the art of interview

37. BigJay Entertainment

July 21, 2013 at 12:44 am

Funke you’re flying without wings . Just focus and don’t let whatever distract you. We the Ibo people love you. Keep shining like a star you are. It’s a pity you didn’t see the fact that he was seeking attention which he did get through you but he will be soon forgotten while you keep shining. Go girl!!!

38. marvel

July 21, 2013 at 1:04 am

Crashed – gini? Listen, you would be refunding the cost of my wedding present. Stinks of 419 to me. What nonsense. I don’t have pity to waste!! I never buy aso ebi for all this unstable folks.

39. Princess Dee

July 21, 2013 at 1:49 am

May God direct ur steps,Funke.We all make mistakes…..

40. Borla

July 21, 2013 at 1:59 am

Whoever said marriage is a bed full of sweet smelling roses? There r thorns on d stems of roses abeg. What is marriage without a little endurance? Funke should ask her mum if her own marriage was devoid of problems. D reason there r so many broken homes today is cos pple know that there is a back door out. If u take marriage as a life long COMMITMENT then ppl will learn to work out their differences. Funke had her doubts before d marriage or better still saw dangerous unhealthy signs but she shrugs them off in the hope that things will naturally work themselvess out(when we get to dat brigdge we ll cross it syndrome) or if it doesn’t WORK out,I’ll WALK out. Funke,my advice is this,pray to ur God nd ask for help nd go work things out wth ur hubby for God HATES divorce.

• Funmi

August 14, 2013 at 3:48 pm

It takes 2, what if the guy is not ready to make things work.

41. Flor

July 21, 2013 at 3:43 am

Marriage is a for better for worse thing when did it turn to for worse for go…….? *SMH*

42. Flor

July 21, 2013 at 3:44 am

Wish you the best Funke…….so sad

43. oluwaseun

July 21, 2013 at 5:04 am

nonsense!
    when you leave the owner out of His matter,that is what happens.
    these entertainers don’t stop amusing us.even when they are not on set,they amuse the devil with their real lives,because to me,all this their nonsense lifestyle is not funny at all!
    You people need to know God for who is actually is.He instituted marriage,why not use His manual and do what he asks you to do?
    i know i’ve taken it personally;i’m sorry,i’m not trying to be insensitive to your plight.i really care about you guys,and really wish every marriage out there would work.however,that’s not achieved by wishful thinking; the truth has to be told.
    it’s not just about getting born again or going to church,we really need to know him and know what he would have us do.
    you may know some people who do not know God or His style,and you think since they are doing “well”,you can imitate them,that’s a lie of the devil’s.
    having said all this,life should go on,and must go on.but how can life go on well without the owner?we have a part of Him in us,the breath of life,and as long as we live we should daily,in fact always activate that part by staying connected to the Spirit(His Word is Spirit).This is eternal life!Eternal life does not start when one is dead,it starts here.Neither does it mean living forever,because everyone eventually will,the difference will be where you live.
    “And this is life eternal,that they might know thee the only true God,and Jesus Christ,whom thou hast sent”.John 17:3
    funke,we still love you,even much more at this time.may God help you through this trying time.

44. Kudus Raji

July 21, 2013 at 7:55 am

Ok.. What are you going to do now Funke? so sad to hear this!! also bad news!! Kudus wish you to have a good luck for the next step….oo

45. Warren

July 21, 2013 at 10:17 am

So what if a man is muslim or buddhist or Hindu? Are we not all human? Is love not meant to surpass such barriers? Aren’t we meant to love our ‘neighbours’ as we love ourselves? Aren’t our neighbours meant to be any other person; irrespective of race, nationality, ethnicity or even religious affiliation? Is God not love? All these people passing judgement on others… Doesn’t your bible say: ‘Let he who is without sin be the first to cast the stone?’… All these people with ”holier than thou” attitudes, you focus and dwell on the lesser lessons in the scripture.. A woman gets married and for whatever reason decides to divorce and all you can do is pass judgement over her and chastise her.. As humans, we are all liable to making mistakes. My wish and prayer for her is that this episode of her life would go a long way to help her make better choices in the future…

46. Kemi

July 21, 2013 at 10:44 am

@Leah- why bring Mercy Johnson into dis issue?what has her marriage got to do with dis issue? I dnt blame u.From d days of Jacob,you were an husband snatcher,maybe u ar envying&jealousing MJ’s marriage&at the same time eyeing Okojie.Bt I tel u if u go der,this time it’s fire dat will destroy u,not peoples’ comments,ask Tonto if only she’ll tel u d truth bc she’s dump now. @ Slice&others,tanx for advicin her bc no one’s above mistakes,though I’m not her fan, atleast she has learn from this,and like Stephanie Linus, she will meet her Prince. IT’s WELL FUNKE JENIFA

47. Teniola

July 21, 2013 at 11:59 am

@Warren,may you be blessed and highly favoured till the end of time!From your name alone,I can tell you are Christian yet you are so humane as to understand that God is love and equally respect other religions inclusive of Islam.I am a Muslim and read all those derogatory statements made abt Islam from 2 or 3 readers yday and day before(I think) but chose not to reply such ppl.God Bless you darling……[email protected],May God guide you onto the right path in earnest.

• Serenity

July 22, 2013 at 1:25 pm

God bless u jare

• Oyinade

July 23, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Actually, Warren is not an Old English name, which means ‘watchman’. It is not a biblical name, so he might not be a Christian

• Oyinade

July 23, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Actually, Warren is AN old English name, which means ‘watchman’. It is not a biblical name, so he might not be a Christian

48. michael faniran

July 21, 2013 at 11:59 am

From day one I knew it’s not going to work they’re two different people individuals,it’s a pity has she fail to see the hand writing on the wall and besides nowadays ladies always look for a ready made husband.

49. favoured girl

July 21, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Orisirisi

50. SANDY

July 21, 2013 at 1:58 pm

SPEACHLESS FUNKE IT’S SO SAD BUT I SAW IT COMING FROM D DAY ONE anyway, NOT BECAUSE D GUY WAS MARRIED BUT BECAUSE WHY WOULD A CHRISTAIN WOMAN MARRY A MUSLIM? DON’T GET ME WRONG AM NOT PREACHING RELIGION BUT WHEN U ARE MRFRIED TO SAME FAITH, WHEN THERE ARE ISSUES U CALL ON THE SAME GOD TO SEE U THROUGH, MY FIRST 3YEARS IN MARRAGE THERE WHERE CHALLENGES BUT BECAUSE MY HUBBY AND I KNEW THAT CHRISTIANTY IS FOR LIFE WE CALLED ON GOD IN ALL CHALENGES AND THAT SAME GOD HAS SEEN US THROUGH ALL THESE YEARS AND WE JUST FALL IN LOVE OVER AND OVER AGAIN…

• klarie

July 21, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Word!!!

• Naija4life

July 21, 2013 at 9:01 pm

It’s good to be spiritually in tune with your spouse but there are many many interfaith marriages that are successful so your argument lacks depth. It’s easy to judge from afar when you haven’t walked a mile in someone’s shoes. What has religion done for your country with all the churches and mosques out there. We should be the best country in the world if it were for religious worship. Many are flawed in character and that’s the problem. Very mean, self serving and judgemental and blind to ones faults but quick to point at others. Leave God out of shallow hypocrisy.

• Oyinade

July 23, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Why do people always blame Nigeria’s problems on religion. What has religion got to do with our present state? Our current state is the result of people’s greediness and quest for power and money. I’m pretty sure that is not what my Bible preaches.

• Naija4life

July 25, 2013 at 12:39 am

@ OYINADE nobody is blaming religion for Nigeria’s problems but it makes sense to conclude that we are so religious that it has to at least reflect in the character of our people and nation in general, what we have instead in hypocrisy, bigotry and intolerance as you can see from all these comments…Please read QURAN verse 2:177 and JAMES 1 verse 22…

51. jennietobbie

July 21, 2013 at 2:25 pm

I’m worried, very worried, that someone took their time to countdown to the last day (1yr and 46 days) this is bad.

52. VIVIENNE BENTLEY-KUTI

July 21, 2013 at 3:00 pm

JENIFA! O fe okunrin to ko iyawo repete si ile! So, what more do people expect to come out of this kinda relationship/marriage? I’m actually surprised it lasted a year!
    Funke, find your own oko!

53. Judgemental People

July 21, 2013 at 9:37 pm

So wat if a xtian marries a Muslim. Pple shud forget religion and place more emphasis on the values of the life they live.Marrieage is not an easy institution&a lot of marital burden is on the woman. Marriage is not. Compulsory

54. Tunmi

July 21, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Either way, I just hope she’s happy where she is.

55. BIMBY

July 22, 2013 at 8:12 am

The marriage shouldn’t av happened in the 1st place. The voice of the people is the voice of God more often than not. Too many anomalies were evident from the start. Funke dear, may God guide you aright in your future endeavours. May HE grant us all wisdom to make the right choices in our lives in Jesus’ name. It is well.

56. Tope

July 22, 2013 at 8:46 am

FunkeI am talking from experience, find your way back to God and He shall direct your path. Only Him can guide when it comes to marriage. Dont lose focus on your career, dont rush into another one. Just be calm and see how He will work things out. More grace next time.

57. Grace

July 22, 2013 at 10:18 am

Wish u all d best in life, Funke don’t worry, God will definitely give u ur own @ his own time. Just trust him coz there’s no perfect man anywhere. In no time ur own husband will come IJN

58. chrisy oye

July 22, 2013 at 10:56 am

FUNKE, I WOULD HAVE ADVISE U 2 TRY AND FACE THE CHALLENGES IN UR MARITAL LIFE BECAUSE D BIBLE SAYS 4 BETTER 4 WORSE BUT NOT IN UR OWN CASE FUNKE, THOUGH D TRUTH IS BITTER BUT THANK GOD U REALIZE THAT EARLIER. U A CHRISTIAN A MFM MEMBER 4 THAT MATER? U DON’T DESERVE SOME 1 LIKE THAT GUY WHO HAS ALREADY MARRIED TO ALMOST 3 WIVES AND HAVING CHILDREN AGAIN FROM EVERY AVAILABLE WOMEN, NO! FUNKE U DON’T REALLY DESERVE HIM AT ALL. BUT FUNKE I BET U IF U CAN JUST BRING URSELF LOW AND SINCERELY PRAYING TO GOD, HE WILL DEFINITELY GIVE U UR OWN HEART DESIRE BEYOND WHT U EVER ASKED FOR. NEVER D LESS I WISH U ALL D BEST AND MAY GOD GRANT U UR OWN BONE OF BONE AND FLESH OF UR OWN FLESH IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.

• Oyinade

July 23, 2013 at 12:29 pm

The caplock makes your comment hard to read

59. Nilla

July 22, 2013 at 11:58 am

My sentiments exactly! she deserved better!! Really. Its well sha, she will find love again.

60. Hurperyermie

July 22, 2013 at 12:20 pm

@Mtscheeew my dear let be tell you one thing and let it be very clear to everyone today that if you get married as a second wife God did not honour that marriage and it in the first place you were never married because God’s opinion about marriage is ONE MAN ONE WIFE so as a christian your principle applies to the first wife not other wives and i wish funke all the best its so painful and i pray you find your way back to the cross you deviated but GOd still loves you and he is waiting to give you rest and that man that will love and cherish you

61. teeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

July 22, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Na wa o!!!! what is this world turning into, gone were the days our parents got married and stayed together for better or worse. Well what can I say the Lord is your strengt. It is well bubba

62. Naveah

July 22, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I don’t know why people are saying the interviewer is insensitive. Stella Dimoko Korkus has never been one to sugar coat matters, she will give it to you straight no chaser so to many who may not follow her blog, it sounds insensitive but to those who know her, this is just blunt Stella. And may I ask, is it not true that folks are laughing at her? Many are snickering amongst her very acting colleagues, family, freidns and fans.

Yes, the interviewer could have phrased it differently and folks are wrong to laugh at her but it doesn’t change the fact that it is happening because in addition to many of the fans onlines saying “don’t do it”, I am sure family and friends told her that it was a bad idea.

She walked into it with her eyes open and thank God she had the good sense to walk out of it with her eyes open and WITHOUT a child. Because if she were to have had a child that would mean that fool would be a part of her life forever. She should thank God for small mercies and take her time next time when seeking a life mate and partner. I believe work schedules, religion/values and all them babies/baby mamas may have contributed to the demise of the marriage. If the dude is a traditionalist expecting his dinner at 7pm piping hot on the table as I suspect, with Funke on set until 2am, this was not going to work. BEFORE you marry someone, you have to sort out how things are going to be done because truly speaking na the small small tings dem dey spoil marriage o not really the big things.

63. Zero

July 22, 2013 at 5:27 pm

But no be d ex hubby say she offend am? wetin dey really happen sef? If 2 says she be fine fine lady haaaa.. e for no leave am o”’

64. Tejiri

July 23, 2013 at 11:26 am

You are right o, my sister. Marriage in Nigeria is a do or die thing. If you know what many married women go thru just to hold on to their marriages, you will weep. Many live daily in pain and misery just to bear Mrs Somebody. They put on a brave face outside, but inside they are miserable. Yet they are the same people who bad mouth single ladies who are facing their careers and lives and doing the best they can under the circumstances. I think it’s just jealousy cos the single lady still has options to make the right choice while they have lost that forever… I feel pity for these miserable so called married women…

• Tejiri

July 23, 2013 at 11:41 am

@Asgul, you are spot on

65. GOD IS ONE JESUS & MUHAMMED (SAW) ARE HIS MESSEGERS

July 23, 2013 at 4:24 pm

islam is a religion of peace so pls stop saying what u dont no about.funke God will be with u

66. realme

July 23, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Aunty Funke….don’t give up on love cos you are the cause of what is happenin to you..search and think deeply…you will know what I meaning..I won’t say I pity you and I won’t say am sorry…I hope you will understand this..pin:32FA832C

67. Da'Diva

July 24, 2013 at 2:46 am

All is well Funke, don’t give up cos every disappiontment is a blessing…. U’ll surely find happiness again.

68. cole.b

July 24, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Funke i love you so much, don’t let that stop you from progressing. some guys are like that, there is nothing you do that will please them at least he knows you are an actress b4 coming to you. Anytime am watching any of your film i pray for you not to have a broken home easily like other actress. i wish u good luck. love u

69. Tenifayomi

July 25, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Funke, God wl lead u 2 d right path…. It z well wth u.

70. joke adegoke

July 26, 2013 at 10:23 am

Thank you so much bimpe!!i like ur comments

71. Dupsy

July 26, 2013 at 2:38 pm

My dear sister, keep on moving, GOD is your strength.

72. kaybee

July 26, 2013 at 5:42 pm

@Mschewwww. which contract? The one he made with his previous wives or with his own personal idol? Abeg, siddon! Funke is better off without this “person” in her life. I think she must have had an aberrant brain wave when she decided to marry him. It is better to be single than to be married in sorrow. Funke, better luck next time. Now you see that infatuation is different from love and you will surely do better next time. If your family, friends and the general population unanimously think he is no good, they are probably right.

73. Thingy

July 30, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Funke

74. oyin

August 1, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I love u funke!! It is so sad. May ALLAH be with u .AMEEN

75. BUKKY AMOS AREWA

August 1, 2013 at 11:12 pm

people shud realize that celebrities are human beings, imperfect human beings….marriages failed not because one of the couple is a celebrity. This is the time people shud please offer their support to both of them, relationship break up is painful,very painful, there r so many had I known? if? I cud av? pls this is not the time to say…I TOLD U SO…WE TOLD U SO, WE KNOW IT CANT WORK..etc? are we God? they both need time to HEAL their broken heart, they need time to patch up their lives…it is TOUGH, pls don’t make it tooooooo harder on them…IM JUST SAYING…let us pray for God to console them, no broken marriage is joyful…okay?Funke, welcome to the REAL world.REAL world, this is not, camera roll, set, action…this is REAL LIFE,God will be with you and will help u thru this… thie first mistake is a mistake, the second one might not be a complete mistake, so as they say, shine ur face…….all my love.

76. oluwatoyin

August 2, 2013 at 7:43 am

i need you to be watchful and prayerful as u continue your journey, too many are actually looking and hoping your downfall. its a call to recall who you are and where you are going. may the Lord of all open your eyes and enlighten the eyes of your understanding to behold what His desire is for you. Be real with your God, He knows you well. take care of yourself and also work on yourself more. as much as your fan is to be pleased more so and more than that is your God be pleased. Marriage, Carrier, Personal life, needed to be well taken care off in their own phases. May the good God help you. may the lord pray for you as He did for Apostle Peter….. Love you.

77. olaeday oso

August 2, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Live ur life according to d conditions u find urself in, for they say, “Where life catches up wit one, there one lives it” just remove d dust from ur body nd move on bt watchout carefully next time…………. All d best

78. OLAIDE

August 5, 2013 at 3:26 pm

BUT I LOVE THIS LADY THAN WHAT SHE IS PASSING THROUGH BUT I BELIEVE GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH PLS IF U ARE TO MAKE ANOTHER CHOICE DONT JUST RUSH OR DESPIRATE SOME MEN ARE JUST @LESS WHILE SOME ARE GOOD LOOK N THINK TWICE BEFORE SAYING YES I DO I PRAY U ARE HAPPY ALL UR LIFE….REGARD

79. Purpleicious Babe

August 6, 2013 at 1:52 pm

These are one of the moments in life when you have so much to say but i guess its time to say ****no comment**** on this matter….

80. becky

September 19, 2013 at 10:20 pm

I knew it wld come to this. She is a disgrace to academic world. I wonder why her parent too could be so blinded to have supported the so-called-marriage. She beta return to God and ask for Mercy………………. I am not sorry for her at all cos she deliberately fell for this silly guy………..Rubbish…………..

81. Adekunle OluwaKunzy Adedokun

September 25, 2013 at 5:50 pm

This man don miss better thing. As the saying “he who find
    a wife has find a special thing” he has miss a special thing, Aunty
    mi, i wish u the best in all ur endeavor

82. Adekunle OluwaKunzy Adedokun

September 25, 2013 at 5:55 pm

@becky nawa for u ooo, have u ever fall in love? no i dont think so

83. bolaji

November 8, 2013 at 8:38 am

Why all this noise?!….. anybody who will consciously enter into a marriage contract involving one man, three wives and lots of children…… Should be prepared for the consequences…….

84. buccaneer

July 21, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Marriage is at times frustrating,one needs alot of patient cus marriage is another world entirly.we all need wisdom.sorry funke i know How you feel