News

Iyanya: “I’ll Die for Yvonne Nelson, Dine with Genevieve Nnaji & Dust Off Tonto Dikeh” | Watch the Interview with Ebuka Obi-Uchendu on Rubbin’ Minds

Iyanya - July 2013 - BellaNaija

Say what Iyanya?

TV personality Ebuka Obi-Uchendu recently scored an interview with Kukere master on Channels TV‘s Rubbin’ Minds show.

The music star spoke on his career, why he is still single and his change of musical style. He also discussed his highly criticized split with Yvonne Nelson.

He refused to speak in detail about the relationship, but clarified that the freestyle on Tim Westwood’s Show, where he said “Yvonne Nelson, I lost medicine” wasn’t a dig at the actress.

Ebuka asked Iyanya a couple of questions, one of which was who will he die for, dine with and dust off? His answer was Yvonne Nelson, Genevieve Nnaji & Tonto Dikeh.

Watch the interview

On his relationship with Yvonne Nelson

On why he is still single

On his past life, family & change of musical style

On his relationship with Emma Nyra & Praiz

1. AW

July 21, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Can you please speak properly for Christ sakes, iyanya! Sounds very immature.

• ADANNE

July 21, 2013 at 9:23 pm

LMAO!! He’s a ‘celebrity’ na….the phoneh is a must!!

2. nene

July 21, 2013 at 8:23 pm

very immature and irritating but i’m LOLing at tonto dikeh.

3. jd

July 21, 2013 at 8:28 pm

hmmmm…no comment

4. Gistyinka Blog

July 21, 2013 at 8:29 pm

i can know understand you guys now oooooooooo…

5. OK

July 21, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Can this leprechaun shut his face-hole already because I keep mistaking it for his a**-hole. Every time he opens it he drops shit.

• deep

July 22, 2013 at 3:04 am

Lmaoooooooo 100%
      He’s a waste of PR space. We just want his music

6. dlapikin

July 21, 2013 at 8:56 pm

This fool needs to disappear ASAP. He’s there saying he is a reverend son and he can’t lie, yet reverend son can cheat!? Then He says Tonto is cool it is just stuff made up out there like Tonto does not tweet half the stuff she is blamed for… Rubbish. Idiot.

7. Bing

July 21, 2013 at 8:59 pm

I cant wait for Tonto reply….loooooollll Gobe

8. observer

July 21, 2013 at 9:01 pm

he’s clearly lying about speaking to Yvonne after her interview loooool

9. Busarni

July 21, 2013 at 9:07 pm

please is iyanya an african american. Hian,, during his project fame days. he spoke very well abi fame has its own accent. my broda be yurself as oyinbo dem don wana speak with our own accent. This is jus inferiority complex. And all dat talk about praiz on national tele isn’t called for. jus too childish; are yu saying praise is jealous of your success. Fast forward to 5 years time den we will knw how successful yu rily are. Rubbishhhh

10. dami

July 21, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Dumbass

11. salkinny

July 21, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Whateva carpenter who made dis iyanya’s suit/ jacket put too much nails on d arms… He can barely move his arms…lolzZz

• Teddy Bear

July 22, 2013 at 12:49 am

*DEAD*

• Yh me

July 22, 2013 at 1:58 am

Hahaahahhahaahahhah…lmao. I’m #dead.. U know this though !

• Bamzi

July 22, 2013 at 5:40 am

Emmy Collins is that you?

• seun moraq

July 22, 2013 at 6:48 am

hahahahahaha…omg this made my night! Naijaaaaaa we sabi diss too much chai!

• uh-huh

July 22, 2013 at 5:11 pm

chei!!!! u no be good person oooo…….u mean die!!!!

12. Mama Mia!!!

July 21, 2013 at 9:25 pm

PLAYER!!!

13. Dayhum

July 21, 2013 at 9:27 pm

😀 I have to watch this #died buahahahaha

14. GHEN GHEN

July 21, 2013 at 9:28 pm

If a guy tries to form slang there is plenty problem o… This guy has issues man!!!

15. Thatgidigirl

July 21, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Iyanya has got a lot growing up to do

16. Oaken

July 21, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Mr one hit wonder…no hits since kukere…his recent claim to for is “Yvonne Nelson “

17. Oaken

July 21, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Mr one hit wonder…no hits since kukere…his recent claim to fame is “Yvonne Nelson

18. Temi

July 21, 2013 at 9:59 pm

why does he sound like that??? no cute abeg!

19. Tariro

July 21, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Too many things wrong about this interview but imma let it go, as I’m not in the school of thought of opening my mouth if what I’m about to say is not nice… But one thing I must say is that Iyanya needs to start being articulate, I had to skip so many parts as I couldn’t just bear his choice of words and all..even Davido (one of the youngest of them all;if not the youngest) won’t come and sound like this.. I’m itching to say more but lol, I’m to careful of what I say about people so imma stop…Goodluck in your career sir 🙂

20. ff

July 21, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Iyanya though……………

21. ChaCha

July 21, 2013 at 11:04 pm

sad!!! I wish so much so that you spoke normally. mtcheeew!!!!

22. xx

July 21, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Iyanya = Player

23. goldfinch

July 21, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Don’t worry Iyanya, just pray that the money does not finish because all those guys that you don’t know but sleep and wake up in your home will vanish when it does. Then you will know that you have not arrived at all.

24. Handsome

July 21, 2013 at 11:41 pm

He is so irritating. Overgrown baby…

25. ode fidelis

July 22, 2013 at 12:10 am

Nice

26. Bb

July 22, 2013 at 12:15 am

Iyanya I used to respect you but on Yvonne and praiz, you are a fucking SOB! Yvonne is so respectable and dignified and truthful, yet u come here and tell a fucking lie! Typical naija guy!

27. THANG

July 22, 2013 at 12:47 am

EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GUY JUST MAKES ME CRINGE….HE ALWAYS APPEARS TO BE TRYING TOO DARN HARD! EW

28. mbok

July 22, 2013 at 12:49 am

“IYANYA”…..MORE LIKE “IYANMA” (DISGUSTING)

SMH…MUMU BOY.

29. Deedee

July 22, 2013 at 1:07 am

Dis guy too dey form jawe, no be say im set like that sef,shift abeg……………

30. NNENNE

July 22, 2013 at 1:31 am

You all should leave Iyanya alone. He has no ring on his fingers yet. Girls take care of yourself. If you don’t like what you see, please keep walking. Don’t tie the guy down till he is ready.
    Ladies looking for stable relationships ,should look for men ready to settle down. PERIOD!

31. Nikky

July 22, 2013 at 1:39 am

Awww! Iyanya so cute and so confused!. Yup, he still likes Yvonne, he is just confused.

• Teddy Bear

July 22, 2013 at 9:54 am

I was thinking the same thing…

32. Yh me

July 22, 2013 at 1:55 am

Godamnit…I give up on dis Iyanya of a man;boy I mean..he had to go dat far abt Praiz and all ???.,.#smh..dis nigga needs extra lessons from D’banj on how an interview is done..doesn’t he see how articulate,realistic,engaging,funny and honest D’banj’s interviews are !???…plz learn from the best sir…of course I know you have different Personalities and everyone can’t be effervescent, funny and vivacious like D’banj but all I’m saying is, in as much as you would like to say the truth, pick your words carefully, all what you’ve uttered in this interview come of as being very annoying and immature rather than being truthful. ..As for that your suit/jacket/blazer.. ermm, I’m not sure if it is your hand that is making it awful or the DENTIST that made it..lmao, enough of Iyanya, I mean I don’t usually do this but I couldn’t get my thoughts/eyes off dis one.. Ok bye. PS: I’m patiently waiting/praying for Praiz to blow quick, so all this talk go stop + I’m sorry I had to pull up a D’banj comparison but lol, he is the closest to it.

33. Awaiting Moderation

July 22, 2013 at 2:05 am

“Yvonne Nelson I lost your MERDICIRNE”. Fone by force. Iranu!Mchew!

• Usinma

July 25, 2013 at 2:04 am

My dear, I tire o.

34. Awaiting Moderation

July 22, 2013 at 2:10 am

His suit!!!the sleeves is def cutting blood supply to his arms!

35. tobi

July 22, 2013 at 2:21 am

I love this guy!!!!!!!!

36. EMMA NYRA

July 22, 2013 at 2:59 am

iyanya something tells me that you still LOVE Yvonne nelson so if i were you i will put all my pride aside and get what i won’t. one more thing iyanya stop listening to your TEAM and people and go get your EX-GIRLFRIEND BACK(Yvonne nelson) COZ at the end of the day your team is not going to be there for you. REMEMBER iyanya true love is hard to find this day and this girl(Yvonne nelson ) has show you more than true love.

37. She formerly known as Knut

July 22, 2013 at 3:09 am

He’s overdoing the phoneh, I agree. But i swear, I didnt know Iyanya could speak proper and cleani’ish’ English o. Interesting….

38. kai

July 22, 2013 at 3:50 am

Just wondering what yvonne saw in this guy….. looks local, sounds local and please drop the accent cuz it doesn’t go well with your calabar accent.

39. aj

July 22, 2013 at 3:56 am

Oh my! iyanya is so razz!!!

40. Ugee

July 22, 2013 at 4:14 am

“Dust Off Tonto Dikeh” Lol.

41. OMG!

July 22, 2013 at 4:46 am

Hahahahahaha! What a joke. I couldn’t even watch all the clips.

42. Marta

July 22, 2013 at 6:05 am

Very low blow Ebuka and Rubbin’ Minds, you dont have any topic again so u set the guy up mschew. You’ll be laughing at Iyanya who wasnt sharp enough to know they set him up. Bad job

• Andie

July 22, 2013 at 8:23 am

Ubi Franklin, is that you? Lol

43. titinakolor

July 22, 2013 at 6:21 am

is he like a midget , cos his arms arms are mighty short. Like the midgets i see on tv.
    Oh well maybe God blessed him down there thats why Yvonne was sprung.
    God is a fair God, what you lack in one place he gives you in another place.

44. moi

July 22, 2013 at 8:47 am

please tell Inyanya to park his mouth by d corner of d road cos he talks too much for a man, ……….#hiss# rembering wer he ie coming from……………..

45. Ademoore

July 22, 2013 at 9:14 am

Lmao.. Iyanya of existence! I like the “dust of Tonto” part serves her right, the babe needs to chill… Nice one Iyanya..
    As for those peeps saying u don’t like the way he’s talking, biko abi una no know say e get the kind money wey u go chop ur speech go change ni? As in u go come dey talk slowly, calmly like no hurry in life.. Abeggy free the guy let him enjoy his fame n money…. Yvonne Nelson has been appeased! hahahahahahahahahaha…

46. Jay

July 22, 2013 at 10:53 am

C me c local trouble oo…. Y wnt yanya or wateva he calls himself claim champion….u dust Tonto D indeed…..someone should help this no talent on how to grant interviews…..mtcheeeew..

47. EMMA NYRA

July 22, 2013 at 10:57 am

I like the “dust of Tonto, that serves her right she is the main reason why iyanya and yvonne nelson broke up in the first place. iyanya go back to your ex-girl friend yvonne nelson you both look good together….and she is a good girl.(Yvonne nelson)

48. sandra

July 22, 2013 at 11:57 am

to be honest sha ooo,this guy can speak fluently unlike some of our celebs who find it hard to express themselves,am not really a die hard fan of this guy buh iyanya just bring down yourself and apologize to yvonne nelson,all you insulting him,havent you cheated or been in a cheating realationship before?the guy didnt lie,he said there was a third or 4th party,why all the bashing on him,everyone makes mistake,this guy is speaking his mind,he changed his accent,everyone does it just to let people know how much they can express themselves,he who is without sin,cast the first stone…am out

49. comment awaiting moderation!

July 22, 2013 at 12:36 pm

“He who is without sin should cast the first stone” I wish this quote should be banned forever!

• 'Mide

July 22, 2013 at 12:55 pm

It justifies everything, murder inclusive. Awon omo Naija alagidi!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

July 22, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Abi? Somebody needs to apply it in a court – just pick up a kilogram of cocaine, try and fly some place and when you get caught, look that customs-officer/policeman/judge in the eye and say “Look, you can’t convict me for this proven crime because you’ve also sinned & therefore cannot cast the first stone. So, free me”. I mean lets just throw away all our laws, regulations, the constitution etc., empty our prisons and stop holding anyone accountable.

No, wait, that won’t do at all. LET’S TAKE IT ONE STEP FURTHER and allow Yerima & his cohorts marry 6year old girls, everyone stop speaking out against corruption in government, give boko-haram license to go crazy, allow drug peddlers & pedophiles gain access to our children, lets just do it, man!! Because, as you know, “He Who Is Without Sin Should Cast The First Stone”.

• OK

July 22, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Double gboza!!

50. Huraira

July 23, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Abeg yvonne don’t listing 2 iyanya again, he have already said what is in his mind.

51. nnn

July 23, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Loool, On behalf of Y. Nelson,, Iyanya if you Die because of her you just wasted your Life because the babe is sooo over you. Ouch! Dine with Genny, Now I know this guy is running haywire. God will deliver you Oh Iyanya hhehehe

52. nnn

July 23, 2013 at 5:51 pm

over with*

53. EMMA NYRA

July 24, 2013 at 5:08 am

love is a crazy thing so if the both(Yvonne and iyanya) love each other then they can go back.

54. edy

August 21, 2013 at 11:29 am

jealousy,tufiakwa.bad belle want kill u were d guy deyi mean he’s blessed