Music

Koko Master D’Banj to Shoot New Music Video with Snoop Lion & Big Sean | More Collaborations on the Way

D'Banj Koko Master (2)

Earlier today, DB Records ensign, Kay Switch shared the above photo of his superstar brother D’Banj and Snoop Lion hanging out in the USA. He captioned it:

“@snoopdogg @iamdbanj aka Banga Lee . The making #BlameItOnTheMoney . Owo ni Koko , obe ni rodo still making my own doe. BangaLeeeeeeeee #OcoverMeNow”

As a result, a lot of word got around that a music video for their new collaboration with Big Sean, “Blame It On The Money” was already in the works. In an interview with BellaNaija Music (@bellanaijamusic) on Twitter, D’Banj confirmed the rumors to be true as he tweeted:

Also, he teased that he may be working on some new collaborations with the likes of Seyi Shay, Tiwa Savage and/or Waje as he said:

While we await more word from the Koko Master, it seems he may be working on something big with 2Face Idibia as Kay Switch also uploaded the below photo to his Instagram page with the caption:

“Stay tuned . #tb @2faceidibia @iamdbanj#legends”

D'Banj Koko Master (1)

Based on his amount of collaborations lately, with both Nigerian and foreign artists, some fans have said that he may soon get a shot at the Billboard charts. But, with a lot of mixed reviews still trickling in from his DB Records’ compilation album “D’ King’s Men”, what do you think about D’Banj‘s new songs and collaborations? D’Banj seems perfectly happy with his new album as he tweeted:

To catch more of D’Banj, he’ll be making a stop at the Abeokuta leg of the ‘Star Trek’ music concert.

Share your thoughts!

Photo Credit: Instagram – KaySwitch

1. tochukwu ezeokeke

July 25, 2013 at 2:58 pm

dbanj u are the man kep it up we luv u

2. Joy

July 25, 2013 at 4:11 pm

the album is below par Mr D’Banj

3. oluwayomi emmanuel

July 25, 2013 at 6:10 pm

either flop or best,d banj is a legend dat every naija artist should work with cos u cant b d best in al ur works in life and cant take al glories everytime.keep it up,ure a legend.

4. seun

July 25, 2013 at 6:22 pm

DKM Album toooo bad|. i love the album, thats my jam from work to the house every evening. banky w album is the one for morning drive.
    Dbanj, legend.

5. seun

July 25, 2013 at 6:23 pm

I have listened to that dkm album so much, i can quote the whole album off hand.

6. ehi

July 25, 2013 at 10:54 pm

2baba dey here so.. fi le..am Dbanj!

7. Tribes

July 26, 2013 at 12:43 am

Definitely one of the best produced albums in Nigeria ever! I’ll be controversial and say the best produced in fact. I can count 6 songs that you will definitely hear in different clubs and radio stations. Not the best lyric-wise (leave that to Banky w dem, lyrics have never been his strong point) but fantastic production, sick beats/flows and classic Dbanj. It is a party album.

• Bondy

July 26, 2013 at 5:22 am

ahn ah!! ki lo de? best album produced EVER? Even ‘The Entertainer’ was better produced and still not the best

• Tribes

July 26, 2013 at 10:31 am

Lol. You need to listen to the deluxe version on some sick speakers. I’m talking sound engineering ,mixing and general production o. It’s top notch.

8. Eve82

July 26, 2013 at 7:50 am

I am always happy seeing 2 superstars collaborate…that’s why I love you 2face!!?

9. Funke

July 26, 2013 at 8:02 am

Nice album. Obimo, finally, silver&gold are my favs.

10. Funke

July 26, 2013 at 8:11 am

Oh, I love ‘Trance’ too. Lol

11. ibidapo ScoolD

July 26, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Nice Job,cool project
    D’Banj this is for you,AraPaReGanGan by 4sure

soundcloud.com/reklaw/4sure-ara-pa-re-ganan-reklaw

• bola bola

January 31, 2016 at 6:11 am

Nice song

12. Tee

July 26, 2013 at 4:46 pm

@Bondy,my friendddddd…….’Entertainer’ Album was not better produced than DKM Album abeggggg!DKM is overly standard as regards production!

13. Lami

July 26, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Tbh,we all miss dbanj and donjazzy but I think the DKM album is more solid that the entertainer,although I won’t give the absolute credit to dbanj because he worked with a lot of people.it has something for everyone,not the regular dbanj party album.i was impressed.

14. michael

July 27, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Dbanj you mouthed .. My mentol.. I’m ontop of the world.. We gonna hookup today in rockcity abk

15. Kenny

July 27, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I agree with lami, the dkm album gives u a classic blend of music. I believe the reviews will be much better wen the videos start dropping. One thing I’ve realized thou is dat his music gets more appreciated after u listen to it for a while.

16. sunnyjoe

July 27, 2013 at 3:43 pm

To say d trulth dbanj realy try on dis album am very sure don baba j can testify to wat am saying..obimo,finally,blaim it on d moni and trance those are my fav..big up to dkm guys!!

17. LARUS

July 27, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Eja Nla!DKM album is Gud,I hv listened to it over &over.As 4 d productn,DKM,IS BETTER wt DBANJ’S FACTOR.Since d release of DKM i iv bn falln wt dis guy.banga lee..Gud 1.Bangalee.

18. abdulwasiu

July 28, 2013 at 3:06 pm

bangerlee eja nla mensah igwe importer exporter osher deevee jsleek jsol kay switch seenaah olamide necto c durrela ikechukwu fally ipupa d bomb but pls we need a female on ya next project nd a db record 1st lady… i enjoyed all d tracks expecially Top of d World Kawo soke, 4 Example, Silver nd Gold, Trance, we d best, dont tel me nonesence, FINALLY, OBIMO, Won Binu, Ibade e, Money on mind, cash flow, BLAME IT ON D MONEY i love dis hit me enjoy dem to d fullest

19. Paul Harris

August 1, 2013 at 6:46 am

The DKM album is really tight, and you can imagine how tighter the Blame It On The Money video’s gonna be. But wait… Do Nigerian artistes have a phobia for working with established international singers? The collabos have been mostly with rappers. It would be glorious having Rihanna on a typical D’banj song(just saying). Keep flying, D’banj, Keep soaring higher!

20. olanrewaju maxwell

August 9, 2013 at 9:42 am

Eja nla he’s. In africa for me you you the empire koko baba sign badoo to db record label take it to the top of work and the vedio of top of the word I can’t wait for that mix eja nla

21. fsmaigoro

September 17, 2013 at 9:05 am

Nice shit. legend kokomaster mind over matter ….