Today I decided to bring you something for your pretty nails. It’s most likely that you would be going out this weekend, so as you’re dressing up, why not dress up your nails as well.
How? Through the fabulous nail art design that was first introduced to the world on The New Girl actress Zooey Deschanel‘s fingers at the Golden Globes – Tuxedo Nails. They’re really easy, super cute and could take the attention off your dress (but that’s okay, as long as its on YOUR fingers, right?)
So let’s get into it. Here’s what you’ll need
Black Nail Polish
White Nail Polish
A Doter/ Bobby pin
A Tooth Pick/Liner
First off let’s take a look at a step by step process to achieve your tuxedo nails from NailTart.com.
1. Paint your nails white.
2. Using the toothpick or liner, draw two lines on your nails making sure the two lines go from the outer corner of your nails to the centre of the tip of the nail.
3. Fill the V shape with black nail polish excluding the inside of the V.
4. Taking the doter or bobby pin, dip it onto the black nail polish and make two dots in the centre of the V shape.
5. Using the toothpick, dip it into the black nail polish, draw a small X above the dots on the inner V.
6. Dipping the toothpick back into the black nail polish, connect the two ends of the X on the right together and on the left together and fill it in until it turns into a bow.
And voila! Tuxedo nails. For those BN DIYers who just love a good DIY video, here is hellogiggles with her version of the Tuxedo Nail DIY. Enjoy.
I hope you have enjoyed today’s edition of BN Do IT Yourself and don’t forget to share your thoughts on the tutorial. Have a great Saturday.