Music

New Video: Lami Phillips – Baby

Lami Philips - Baby - October 2013

Dedicated to her husband, Mr. Labs, Lami‘s got something new for you.

While the song is a feel good tune and joyous ode to love written and arranged by Lami for her husband and produced by Lami & Sleekamo, the video follows our re-imagining of “Mr. Labs” getting through a whole lot of unwanted attention on the streets of London while Lami shouts out her love for her “baby” from the rooftops – quite literally, too!

Check on it!

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them. Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. kokie

October 16, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Fun piece

• iba

October 17, 2013 at 9:33 pm

THIS LADY CANT (I REPEAT) CAN NOT SING. CA NAY SING LIKE MY SCOTTISH PEOPLE WILL SAY.

2. Trey

October 16, 2013 at 3:46 pm

biggest piece of garbage – Lami just needs to stop doing music – she is irrelevant!

• Concerned Nigerian

October 16, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I thought you were exxagerating but this is GARBAGE. She was never good only because she is a popular girl people listen to her music. If she was some random girl from mushin no one(including Bella Naija) will pay her any attention

3. nancy

October 16, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Lami what happned to u, This isnt the lami I fell in love with…dis change isnt working fr u babe

4. nene

October 16, 2013 at 5:20 pm

people have money to waste. smh

5. yemi

October 16, 2013 at 7:05 pm

to me the song isnt bad sounds different but the video, hmmmm i think the girls were too fake and wats with d guy being so angry tho…

6. eby

October 16, 2013 at 7:36 pm

waist of tym and kudi jare!!!!1

7. jor

October 16, 2013 at 8:11 pm

wat do u guys kw abt music she just have a different sound
    of music

8. xoxo

October 16, 2013 at 9:31 pm

The video was some how, and i just felt like running a brush through her hair. But listening to the song without the video was ok, had more of 90’s vibe to it. She shouldn’t try to rap please!

• juliana

October 16, 2013 at 11:40 pm

wanted to brush her hair, why did she have to rap?!?!?!?

9. juliana

October 16, 2013 at 11:42 pm

ERROR!!
    DEJAVU, heard it all before.. yawns

10. Naija's Greatest Critic

October 17, 2013 at 1:05 am

This is so bad its not even funny. I’m sorry I just couldn’t get past the poor audio quality. I’m sure she’s great tho!

11. Yetunde

October 17, 2013 at 1:52 am

I actually like the song and the vid was not bad. This girl is getting knocked by some only because she comes from a privileged background and I don’t think it is fair. People sha we need to learn to lift each other up. If you have nothing good to say then stay quiet and keep it moving. Hate, envy or jealousy never got anyone ahead people. She must have a lot of courage to still keep doing her thing. She actually has a good voice. I don’t know you girl but if you happen to read this keep doing your thing. God bless. Ciao.

• iba

October 17, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Nay dont say that. who is good is good. Davido came and people seemed skeptical after Damiduro thinking it was a one off thing. He has proved them wrong. He comes from a privileged background too and we ALL KNOW THE NOISE HE MAKES ABOUT IT. If you are good, you are good.

12. Okoro Mafia

October 17, 2013 at 3:03 am

I don’t think it sounds that bad… the mix is not good though…bridge sounds like sth out of Kirk Franklin and nu nation. It’s still a fun vibe overall but not spectacular.
    Beginning and end of the video is super cheesy, I was a bit embarrassed for her right there :-O

13. SOLO ACT

October 17, 2013 at 5:57 am

she seems too old for this

14. just saying

October 17, 2013 at 9:40 am

I really like the first song that comes on
    As for the baby song….still on the fence.

15. Nuff Said

October 17, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Privilege background ke? Then she should have entered a proper recording studio to record the track rather than using her cell phone to record the track and attempting to mix it herself. My critism has absolutely nothing to do with her voice or vocal abilities. I’ve personally never heard her sing. My point is that a sub-par production can make even the most talented individual lackluster. She shouldn’t even try this nonesense again considering the calibre of Naija female singers (thanks Tiwa, Seyi, Omawunmi, Eva Alordiah). She can’t be releasing this type of garbarge especially where she has been on a hiatus.

16. hannah

October 17, 2013 at 6:47 pm

hmmmmm. lami what is this?

1) what was the whole – “i need to see my baby ” crap in the beginning?
    2) why did you have to dress like toyin lawani to step out of your house? (looking like a homeless gangster).
    3) what is that funny dance you do, like if you are killing mosquitoes?
    4) why was the guy in your video so angry? gosh he acts like a boyfriend who will be beating you at home.
    5) it should have been the other way round – like he coming to pick you and ignoring those fake girls, as he comes to surprise you at the roof top where you were singing, with you dressed in a pretty girly outfit, and he winks at you ,and you smile and hug him as you guys go home together in his nice ride.
    … and (6) do you have a comb? your hair is a mess.

NB: Sack your production team and learn from Tiwa Savage.

17. Justanopinion

October 21, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I like the chorus. The hair was untidy. The concept was creative but could be better. She shd have had a guest star like MI do the rapping..