Events

Spotted! E! Television Anchor Alicia Quarles Steps out in Jewel By Lisa at Elton John’s AIDS Foundation Benefit in New York

Alicia Quarles in Jewel By Lisa AutumnWinter 2013 Collection at Elton John AIDS Benefit - BellaNaija - October 2013 (3)Sleek, Sexy and 100% African. These are the words I use to describe how E! Television Anchor Alicia Quarles looked at the 12th edition of Elton Johns AIDS Foundation ‘An Enduring Vision’ Benefit.

Held in the busy city of New York, Alicia rocked one of the stunning pieces from the Jewel By Lisa Autumn/Winter 2013 collection to the gala. The last time we spotted JBL was on American Actress Lucy Liu while on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen and Malin Akerman. If you missed it Click Here.

Alicia kept it simple with a lightly highlighted face, her signature side-swept short hair, a simple silver bracelet and metallic silver pumps. Check it out and let us know what you think of her look. Did she rock the JBL dress?

Alicia Quarles in Jewel By Lisa AutumnWinter 2013 Collection at Elton John AIDS Benefit - BellaNaija - October 2013 (5)Alicia Quarles in Jewel By Lisa AutumnWinter 2013 Collection at Elton John AIDS Benefit - BellaNaija - October 2013 (2) Alicia Quarles in Jewel By Lisa AutumnWinter 2013 Collection at Elton John AIDS Benefit - BellaNaija - October 2013 (1)

Photo Credit: Zimbio

1. GentsStyle

October 18, 2013 at 10:36 am

Stunning!

2. moses audu

October 18, 2013 at 10:55 am

waho!

3. Aderonke

October 18, 2013 at 11:47 am

Alicia has always been one of my favorites on E. I love everything about her on air and off air..lol. I am such a huge fan. I love her dress, her hair, her nail polish, ohhh her shoessss gosh and OMG her wedding ring too! loool I forgot her bangle too lool

4. Teddy Bear

October 18, 2013 at 12:36 pm

She’s very pretty and so is the dress, but I think it would have looked better strapless.

5. Modella

October 18, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Her skin tone is outa the world! Did she change her signature hair style? I don’t care about the dress,she is too pretty..

6. D

October 18, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Do foreigners wear JBL more than Nigerians at home? I am not sure but I know for a fact that majority of these “celebrities” at home always look cheap as f*ck. Do people think JBL is too expensive because it is owned by a Nigerian based in Nigeria?

• Rex

October 18, 2013 at 3:36 pm

So this dress this lady is wearing now looks expensive as f..k! Smh! You illiterates with complex always have to think anyTHING that is foreignING is automatically better! Hisssss

• D

October 19, 2013 at 6:46 am

Do you want to compare JBL to House of Okocha/Hurricane Katrina and numerous those faux “couture” “designers”? Do you understand comprehension at all, you daft illiterate? JBL is a Nigerian based brand! Why would I argue that Nigerian “celebs” should wear/patronise a foreign designer more? Does that even make sense to you? I want us to support our own talents more. See your life.

• Non professional opinion

October 18, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Foreign celebrities don’t PAY for clothes that they wear on the red carpet, and sometimes, people even pay them to wear their clothes. Do you read Bellanaija regularly? Quite a few Nigerian celebrities wear JBL, and Eku Edewor has already worn the top of this dress. Also bear in mind a lot of people won’t wear a leather dress in Lagos regardless of whether they can afford it or not.

• D

October 19, 2013 at 7:42 am

@Non professional opinion
      I know that these clothes are loaned to celebs. However, I know JBL pieces are not cheap. I have seen people on this blog and noticed Nigerians(not all) complain that these clothes by Nigerian designers are overpriced. They usually say they would take the original designs to their tailors to duplicate.
      I never said NO ONE wears or Nigerian celebrities don’t wear JBL pieces on these Lagos red carpets. I asked if foreigners wear JBL pieces MORE than these people we see on Bella. I have seen photos of Nigerians(celeb or not) wearing JBL & many other cheap looking things on this blog but I am just wondering what Lisa Folawiyo’s Nigerian market is like. Leather dress? no way. lol. I didnt make any reference to this particular dress, I have been speaking of JBL pieces in general.

Maybe the designer/her stylist is very careful to the people these garments are loaned to. I wouldn’t blame them & I will most likely do the same if I were in their shoes..It also seems like Lisa’s targeting the international market. If foreigners patronise her brand then Nigerians will jump on the bandwagon. Anyway, I don’t know how her business is run. lol. I just dey wonder because I love fashion & JBL.

7. NNENNE

October 19, 2013 at 2:51 am

Beautiful!

8. Ifeoma Nwawe

October 19, 2013 at 10:47 am

She looks beautiful!!!! @BN she is wearing black pumps not
    metallic silver *u r welcome*