Music

“Public Attention Seeker” – Why is Oreka Godis Angry with 9ice? Find Out!

BellaNaija.com

Oreka Godis & 9ice - November 2013 - BellaNaija

Oreka Godis isn’t the biggest fan of 9ice right now.

On Saturday, Punch Newspaper released an interview with Nigerian artiste 9ice. In the interview he elaborated on why he denied the twin girls he had with the media personality’s sister Victoria Godis.

Read excerpts from the interview;
On why he denied his twins: “I did say I didn’t have twins then because I believe it was personal. If I have N1m, I think it is only my account’s officer that should know how much I have. In fact, he wouldn’t even have the right to check my account unless I ask him to do that. He couldn’t just cull up my account details and start checking how much I have. This is not a car we are talking about, these are human beings.”

9ice Twins - November 2013 - BellaNaija

On if they’ll forgive him in the future when they find out he denied them: “I will tell them the reason I did that. It was the same way my father gave me his own reasons. I didn’t know him until I was 22. I got to know my mother when I was 18. They gave me their reasons for doing what they did. I asked my father where he was all the time I was growing up and he told me where and how and when he was a part of my life. If my kids grow up to ask me why I did what I did, I would certainly explain to them. I didn’t say I didn’t have kids just because I wanted to lie, No. I had my reasons. I had my life to live.”

On privacy in the entertainment world: “But there are still some elements that are personal. I didn’t fight anybody when the stories came out. I just didn’t say anything because I wasn’t ready to talk about it. I wasn’t ready to share the story. When I got ready, I even shared the pictures of the twins. Who knows, I could have even used their pictures to make money and sell to a publication that wanted them. But I just released the pictures.”

On getting married: “I will get married soon. But it might not be tomorrow. It might not be as early as people expect. It might even be earlier than people expect.”

On if he will get married to Victoria Godis: “It is very possible.”

The Ebony Life TV presenter wasn’t a fan of the interview. She took to Twitter to share a bit of the story

9ice also spoke on his son with Toni Payne, music and his regrets. Click here to read the full interview

1. Dare to be

November 25, 2013 at 11:08 am

Abeg have several seats , he was still publicly married when your sister decided to open legs . She self no get shame .

A woman who sleeps with a married man deserves no happiness too

• Busarni

November 25, 2013 at 2:58 pm

• Dlapikin

November 25, 2013 at 4:44 pm

So what? If he was married, he was the one with the commitment, not the rest of the world. He can reject the woman in the name of his marriage but once he has brought life into this world he has no excuse to deny the babies. What is their responsibility in his infidelity?
      They are plenty of married men who go out there living the single life until consequences start crying and they play the victims. The babies are innocent, you can’t deny them and say that is because I ewas married. If you knew you were married you should have respected your vows!

• slice

November 26, 2013 at 2:56 pm

i completely agree. it’s a special brand of evil to deny your own children. hope he’s sha sending money to take care of them. Thank God for America…by now dem for don do child support order …whether you decide to claim them or not, u go sha pay up

• Leah

November 25, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Thank you! A man who mistreated his wife and mother of his child with you and you want him to treat you better? You loose them how you get them. When she participated in the break down of his marriage, she approved that kind of behaviour and is getting exactly what she bargained for. You think you’re sister is something special? B***h please.

• Titilayo T

November 25, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Well, aren’t YOU venomous and rude? And so smug about it, too. Wonders will never cease. Do better in life.

• MyView

November 26, 2013 at 12:46 am

Co-sign. We all heared Toni Payne kicking and screaming and she taught was Madam Better, evidently not. And how inarticulate and irrational does this guy sound. Cute little girls too.

2. Teletubby

November 25, 2013 at 11:17 am

na wah!

3. Tabitha

November 25, 2013 at 11:21 am

GBAM! These musicians are just jokers! First they deny the children then they accept them. Timi Dakolo is another example. SMH!

4. ms lala

November 25, 2013 at 11:27 am

wao!!!! he’s really not the ripest bole in the oven…like really tho…so because your oldman denied you your gonna do the same to these girls. I swear Nigerian entertainers need PR….like seriously even goverment officials need pr ..9ice sounds like he speaks without thinking of the impact of his words has..

5. timi

November 25, 2013 at 11:33 am

the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. all these girls that prefer bad boys that is what you get !!!

6. primebabe

November 25, 2013 at 12:06 pm

” i had my life to live”? issorait o!

7. Anita....

November 25, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Ripest bole in the oven???…..dead,cant stop
    laffn!

8. Hey

November 25, 2013 at 12:12 pm

I wish BN didn’t post their pics tho

9. Plato

November 25, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Your mother and father abandoned you. Instead of you to
    seek help and be determined to not be like them, you’d rather go
    around, spreading all the hurt and pain they’ve caused you. A real
    man can admit that he’s been hurt so that he can rise to the
    occasion to love another.

• Dlapikin

November 25, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Exactly! How can someone who has been abandoned, use that as a justification to abandon his own kids when it should have taught him a lesson of life!? That simply means he is a bad person. If I go through hardship, I would do all my possible to prevent anyone I love from going through the same thing as much as I can..

10. Bella

November 25, 2013 at 12:36 pm

9ice is not so 9ice after all. kai killed dead at the
    tweets from the sister’s baby mama, I swear I ‘d do same
    ting!

11. Loveth .O

November 25, 2013 at 12:48 pm

@ ms lala, i wonder

• ms lala

November 25, 2013 at 7:00 pm

i mean…you will fear vengeance sha …unnecessary wickedness to be honest

12. Jo!

November 25, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Oreka shouldn’t have answered sha, I mean, your sis is
    still with him. She CHOSE to stay with him even though he initially
    rejected her children. So what is your own? Get anger in private,
    keep your fingers off the keypad, throw your phone away or punch
    something if you have to, just don’t tweet.

• Jo!

November 25, 2013 at 1:15 pm

*angry

13. Chunky

November 25, 2013 at 1:40 pm

He’s not even hapi he has such beautiful grls. Timi Dakolo
    too? Story me

14. defaxinc

November 25, 2013 at 1:40 pm

9ice sucks YES but i’ ve known Victoria Godis since childhood, ( lived and went to school together in Ilorin and Zaria, ) and trust me… ..I don’t know any man who will be proud to have her as his baby mama…..

• Nike

November 25, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Hahahahahahahaha… Oreka this comment is for you. Your sis isnt an angel. You going to type rubbish on twitter just allowed pple to wash her linen. Next time call your sister or 9ice and vent your anger.

• KarmenSimms

November 26, 2013 at 11:34 am

lived past tense…how do we know u r not some attention seeking bad belle too?! Pple change and even if she is the worst person on earth, it still doesn’t warrant u denying ur kids in d first place. Own up to ur mistakes, be a better man n stop with the excuses 9ice.

15. Wengeruu

November 25, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Idiot

16. Hurpeyeahmie

November 25, 2013 at 2:27 pm

she is not serious

17. Tuu

November 25, 2013 at 2:39 pm

kai!look at this adorable kids,some pple will giv an arm
    and a leg to have kids like dis,i dont care wat 9ice’s reasons
    are,no responsible psn has any good reason to deny his own
    seed,cheating or not,ur child is ur child and to tink he had such
    issues with his parents,he certainly should have known better,i can
    understand Oreka’s annoyance in this,she’s family to them,and no1
    would be very happy if his or her sibling were to be treated in
    like manner,still i tink she should stay out of this,and if 9ice is
    sensible enough,he’ll crawl on his knees and beg to be the kids
    lives.

18. Filmmaker

November 25, 2013 at 2:54 pm

If it is true … that 9ice was still with his ex-wife
    while dating Victoria Godis, then … i’d say maybe she deserves
    what was coming … at least he has now claimed his kids before
    they were old enough to know he difference ….. the question
    though is that what happened to this dude’s music career
    ????

19. Busarni

November 25, 2013 at 2:59 pm

@ dare to be; You get mouth sha; truth need to be told plus i even heard the victoria in question isn’t oreka’s blood sister. each to his own palava.

20. Nana

November 25, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Like father and mother like son. Dysfunction replication. Nah wah! It is glaringly obvious that 9nice is not good husband or father material. He is a bad boy who breaks hearts. But women sef! After what was shared about what he and his family did to Toni Payne, any woman who wants to be serious with this guy at this point is an absolute Joker! Oreka Godis’ sister is suffering from the “Just be good to me” syndrome. She is singing, “I don’t care about the other girls, just be good to me.” Ngwanu, we dey watch how he will be good to just you. Oreka, I understand your anger because my sister married a similar kind of guy. It’s been 23 years and time has shown me that the medicine for your anger is to distance yourself from your sister’s and 9nice’s drama. It will only get worse in time. You never see! Separate yourself from it now. E no concern you. That’s what she signed up for…

• slice

November 26, 2013 at 3:00 pm

well, when she now gets married to him in 3 years, people will say her patience won her the man. afterall, they are singing the praises of tuface’s wife now

21. nene

November 25, 2013 at 3:41 pm

she should be ashamed that her sister was sleeping with a married man, and someone like 9ice of all people. is that what her parents taught her sister? women will see a good and intelligent man and settle for an illiterate, unattractive, untrained tout that calls himself a musician. what exactly attracted her to 9ice? mschew.

• marculey

November 25, 2013 at 9:30 pm

U try oo nene, talk rubbish from that ur mouth oo cos Na u go school pass oo.animal

22. Idak

November 25, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Oreka is a real public attention seeker.
    If it was a private conversation with your family, despite the fact that 9ice has gone public with it, why do same? This childish of trivialising serious issues by taking then to twitter is irritating.
    More importantly, what was her sister doing by opening her legs for a married man and without protection?
    From the feeble and incoherent explanation 9ice provided, it is obvious that Oreka’s sister has a very poor taste in men. Dude barely makes sense and it reflects very poorly on Oreka and her sister.

• TA

November 25, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Thank you!
      @ BN,we need a ‘like’ button,please.

• Idak

November 25, 2013 at 5:57 pm

This childish tendency of trivialising serious issues by taking then to twitter is irritating.

23. Naveah

November 25, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Orekaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, OREkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, oreKKKKKKKKKAAAA na three times I don call you so, my friend draw your earssssssssssss o. Did Victoria send you? You were not there when the matter started, you don’t know all that is going on in your sister’s life only the things she allows you to know so before you go swinging into a fight make sure your position is well girded. The woman whose children had been denied is not on twitter but you were be auntie don carry the wahala for your head. If the man had NO doubt about your sister’s movement, would he deny the children? Afterall, he didn’t deny Toni Payne’s son , did he? Let grown people handle their grown peopole business. He could have stayed denying those children but he has claimed them and that should be the end of the story. If he’s doing his part by providing that should be the end of this sordid story.

• TA

November 25, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Tanchu my sistra!

• Ijeoma

November 25, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I don’t get Oreka’s rant at all! Would it be better if he never showed up or never accepted the children? And this need for people to turn twitter into a boxing ring!

• slice

November 26, 2013 at 3:02 pm

i’ve never known any real sister that stays out of her sister’s business. lol. it’s just now our way. if he was treating my sister poorly and denying my nieces, i’d do worse. i may not tweet about it but I sure as heck would do something.

24. Yawns

November 25, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Toni Payne must be laughing right nw. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

25. CarliforniaBawlar

November 25, 2013 at 5:41 pm

The Vicky girl must be very pretty sha…’cause these kids don’t look anything like 9ice (thankfully!!)
    And on the matter at hand…..homeboy needs to talk to a shrink, (wise) elders in his family and a publicist…that’s a lot of talking but probably still not enough after this rubbish he just spewed out! Shior!!!

26. Leah

November 25, 2013 at 5:52 pm

As for 9nice, your parents did the same and your children have to pay the consequence instead of you breaking that chain, what a sad little man. Why don’t these grown people use condoms and spare innocent children this kind of a mess?

• Bunmi

November 25, 2013 at 6:48 pm

They only use postinor.

• Idak

November 25, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I almost choked on my pepper soup.

• Bide

November 25, 2013 at 7:06 pm

good question

27. Lois

November 25, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Oreka only succeeded in making a bad situation worse. Doesnt she have a close friend or two she could have ranted to instead of taking it to twitter? All the parties involved need to learn self control. Daz all

28. fame dies

November 25, 2013 at 9:42 pm

most of our so called celebs are just useless….”he had
    his live to live” coz things were going well for him…now this
    career is dead now him eye don clear.nobody sends him again na.
    ps,i hate all girls that go about dating married men and destroying
    another woman’s home.may it be done to you and your
    children.nonsense

• ms lala

November 26, 2013 at 7:37 am

you had me at USELESS….i know rite…smh so many of them are so nu-educated…after the beats lyrics and dancing are over ..you realize they are’nt the sharpest tool in the box….ala ripest bole in the oven. when i hear Dbanj speak i temporarily go deaf.

29. DeeDee

November 26, 2013 at 12:35 am

Oreka, pls go take Multiple seats………so ur sister was a one of those “GROUPIES’ that target Stars……… shame on u, ur sister n 9nice……..tell me wat sort of story would these girls be told how they were conceived……”oh mummy dated a marriage man”……rubbish

30. Asanwa

November 26, 2013 at 6:52 am

Oreka, please shift far and sat down. That your sister went in where a woman was already married/having issues with her hubby says a lot about her too. You may not see the wrong in your action or your sister’s own now, give it time, una eye go clear. He has even claimed them, some men will bone you till eternity. Oya goan call police naa, na today?
    Ehen and you 9ice, are you possessed? Are you on a self-destruct mode? From loving your music, I can’t even stand your ‘hordinary’ picture. I am one person and no, I don’t matter. “Little drops of pure water…..makes an ocean” – Albert Einstein (1745)

• Naveah

November 26, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Kpam Kpammer Kpammmmesstt!

31. Modella

November 26, 2013 at 11:36 am

I’m a huge fan still!

32. YEYEAREWA

November 26, 2013 at 11:38 am

wow! #AmericanWonder

33. Mgbeke Mgbochie

November 26, 2013 at 5:50 pm

I thought Oreka was smart though… Anyways keep us entertained. that’s why i like twitter… LOL!

34. Perry

November 30, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Oreka u Error finish for that ur action I swear down! If the guy denied the kids b4 that means ur sis way no pure at all and you shouting on twitter for something wey supose be in house mata babe you over fail and madam I tot you are smarter than this except u sef dey run married men too..

35. Tessa Doghor

November 14, 2014 at 1:34 pm

9Ice is using the fact that his father didn’t know him to justify the fact that he didn’t try to spend time with the girls or publicly profess that he has twin girls
    That is very shabby

I would rather take the fact that he had his reasons.
    That’s okay then,