Music

BN Exclusive: Music Megastar Mariah Carey lands in Lagos for Access Bank Xmas Party/Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede Send-off

BellaNaija.com

Mariah-CareyMusic megastar Mariah Carey has arrived in Lagos for a special performance tonight!
The star and her entourage touched down in Lagos and are now preparing for her performance at the Christmas party for Access Bank which also doubles as the send-off soiree for the bank’s outgoing Managing Director Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede.

With the news of Mariah’s performance filtering through, invitations for the event are now the most sought after items on the social scene in Lagos tonight.

This is Mariah’s first time in Nigeria.

1. FAR

December 14, 2013 at 5:35 pm

A very big wow!!! I wish i wish i wish………
    iamfar.com

2. missy J

December 14, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Woooooooow..I love you Mariah. Super excited#tho am not gonna see her#

3. Canadathingz

December 14, 2013 at 5:47 pm

That’s major! She definitely got some good money for this. Access bank doing big things.

4. Dolapo

December 14, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Omg! I want to be in Nigeria right now!!!!!

5. Ggirl

December 14, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Wow that’s a big surprise

6. Berry Dakara

December 14, 2013 at 6:15 pm

I saw a picture on Instagram and wondered if I missed ads for some concert! Wow Access Bank – alrighty then!!!

Lol @ her frizzy hair though :p

7. wow

December 14, 2013 at 6:20 pm

access bank throws the best end of year parties. hands down. been for 3 in my lifetime and wow!!!

• Bird's Eye

December 15, 2013 at 3:20 am

I take it you haven’t been to any of GTB’s

• Jesseswife

December 15, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Sahara throws the best!!!

8. Chic

December 14, 2013 at 6:21 pm

So this is the star a blogger was referring to on twirra issokay

9. Leah

December 14, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I love Mariah! She is my ultimate best and no one compares to her. I would go see her if I were in Nigeria. I think if you’re going to spend that kind of money, better on a true talent than Kim Kardashiasn and Amber Rose like some have in the past.
    Having said that, and I don’t want to be ‘Debbie the downer’ or a ‘party pooper’. To get Mariah in Nigeria, we are talking about at least $2mill, at the very least. How many lives could that literally save in a third world Country like ours? I don’t mind being educated on the positives it will bring Access Bank.

• Bobosteke & Lara Bian

December 14, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Considering that there is a time and place for everything
      under the sun, i believe we should let whatever event it is carry
      its day. It’s all part of the business of living.

• Bird's Eye

December 15, 2013 at 3:20 am

You’re blessed!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

December 16, 2013 at 12:02 am

And to add to your comment, it’s also a major part of doing business -i.e. corporate entertainment which dazzles your clients & induces them to stay.

In any case, I’m sure they had a budget planned for this from the start of the year…

10. Asake

December 14, 2013 at 7:03 pm

I am sure Toke Makinwa,Uti, Karen,Noble Igwe and Ebuka has their invites already.

11. english teacher

December 14, 2013 at 7:34 pm

asake….when you are referring to more than one person you use *have*…and no they are still making calls to secure one.

12. [email protected]

December 14, 2013 at 7:36 pm

You can say that again Leah! I think it’s too much wastage in a country the average citizen lives under a dollar a day…we just need to show more LOVE !

• Idak

December 14, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Not this a dollar a day argument again! If we follow folks
      like you,life must stand still as long as this ‘a dollar a day’
      argument remains. Even in America,I am sure there are people living
      on less than a dollar a day,still folks are partying it up in Vegas
      every night. I am sure Access Bank does its bit of CSR, they are
      entitled to party a bit.

13. ijescorner

December 14, 2013 at 8:16 pm

my fav artist alive!!! OMG….how I wish…crossing all fingers & toes for a surprise ticket!

14. missy J

December 14, 2013 at 8:17 pm

And how do you guys know they haven’t been showing some love?..you actually have MBs to comment on bellanaija when some nigerians ain’t sure of their supper, I bet that money can help too.

15. NNENNE

December 14, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Lagos is the place to be now.

16. SOLO ACT

December 14, 2013 at 10:29 pm

i am sure she is going to leave instantly and she is going
    to think nigerians are filthy baggars!

• chi_ez

December 17, 2013 at 7:04 pm

my thoughts exactly but I don’t care cause she is way 2 stoic and needs a huge personality deliverance.surprised she would even enter Africa with her upidy attitude worse than british. all this divas.hated her after American idol.

17. Amh

December 14, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Why the obsession with foreign artist that goes back and
    insult our country and our people. THis madness must stop please.
    wE have local artist that are better. Nonsense. Imagine the huge
    amount of dollars she would have been paid.

• Bird's Eye

December 15, 2013 at 3:22 am

We have the same ol same ol artists that we see eh-veh-ry
      time. Variety is the spice of life.

18. oyin

December 15, 2013 at 1:06 am

What!!!!!! Mariah carey in naija is BIG NEWS. What is it
    not getting attention like when kim k came. This is a true Legend,
    talent that should be celebrated. Enjoy your stay. Frizzy hair all
    over the place.

19. Random

December 15, 2013 at 3:00 am

Where did they get the money from??? Does Nigeria really
    need this?

• bunmi

January 9, 2014 at 8:39 am

is access bank nigeria?

20. Ezinwanne

December 15, 2013 at 3:34 am

They are not showing any love o! Except you don’t run an
    account with them. The bank takes charges arbitrarily from even a
    savings account. Now I know what the pilfering has been going on
    for. Mtchew!

21. her

December 15, 2013 at 6:07 am

SMH misplaced priorities

22. Peaches77

December 15, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Chai! Mariah #Legend!

23. Here We Go Again!

December 15, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Is Access Bank to blame for the woes going on in Nigeria? Is Kim Kardashian to blame for the woes in Nigeria? Attack the government and stop attacking people just carrying on with their lives. Like someone said earlier, I am sure Access Bank does some sort of CSR but I am so sick and tired of this $1 a day nonsense and money miss road statements, as if we should all stop living because poor people exist. There is an imbalance all over the world. America is full of slums, the UK is full of slums and so is every country in the world. CHANGE BEGINS WITH CHANGING YOUR GOVERNMENT. So don’t come on to blogs and start calculating how a person spends their money when its not your money. Why don’t you stop paying for internet services to your provider and give that money to the poor.? Mixed priorities right! I rest my case.

24. Hurperyeahmie

December 16, 2013 at 7:09 am

wow i missed

25. Modella

December 16, 2013 at 4:48 pm

She look different here,slim and pretty

26. bunmi