Events

Uche Jombo, Desmond Elliot, Rita Dominic, Alex Ekubo, Susan Peters, Uti Nwachukwu at the “Lagos Cougars” Premiere – Exclusive Shots!

BellaNaija.com

Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 048

Monalisa Chinda

The Cougars are in town!

On Tuesday 3rd December 2013, The Royal Arts Academy premiered its new movie – “Lagos Cougars” at the Silverbird Galleria, Victoria Island, Lagos.

The movie features Uche Jombo-Rodriguez, Daniella Okeke and Monalisa Chinda as cougars. Also starring in the production are Alex Ekubo, Bobby Michaels, Ifeanyi Kalu and Benjamin Touitou.

Desmond Elliot directed while Emem Isong produced the film.

For the launch, guests were asked to come in T-shirts and jeans, but we were glad to see some break from the rule. Spotted at the premiere were Rita Dominic, Uti Nwachukwu, Omoni Oboli, Bishop Ime Umoh, Segun Arinze, Yolanda Okereke, Susan Peters, Julius Agwu and IK Ogbonna.

The movie will premiere across cinemas today Friday 6th December 2013.

Lagos Cougars Premiere

Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 043

Uche Nnana

Lagos Cougars Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 033

Tamara Eteimo & Mary Lazarus

Lagos Cougars Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 024

Bola Aduwo & Uduak Oguamanam

Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 034 Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 040 Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 042

Lagos Cougars Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 032

Mbong Amata, Morris Sesay & Emem Isong

Lagos Cougars Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 034

Mbong Amata & Frank Edoho

Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 051

Bishop Ime Umoh & Uti Nwachukwu

Lagos Cougars Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 037

Chika Chukwu, Lancelot Imasuen, Uche Jombo-R & Julie Odia

Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 024Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 029Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 031Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 059 Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 047Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 030Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 033Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 057Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 050Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 052Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 053Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 054Lagos Cougars Lagos Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 055Lagos Cougars Premiere - December 2013 - BellaNaija- 025

Watch the Trailer

Photo Credit: Ibrahim T for Insigna Media | Lagos Cougars PR Team

1. i no send

December 6, 2013 at 5:19 pm

susan is that u? nice..ik ogbonna must have been told that dat pose is a winner..lol..

2. eritreangoddess

December 6, 2013 at 5:25 pm

I’VE NEVER SEEN AN ATTRACTIVE WEST AFRICAN….A BOY OR GAL..NEVERRR!!!! NO WONDER THE MEN WORSHIP US…ALL MEN REALLY!!!

• Sexxie

December 6, 2013 at 5:56 pm

REALLY??? YOU NEED TO SEE AN OPTICIAN ASAP!

• oyin

December 6, 2013 at 6:35 pm

You are very delusional. you guys think you look better bcos of your hair. Some of you women are pretty but most of you guys are funny looking. Get off your high horse. No Ethiopian/Eritrean has even made it to the top miss universe or world before. Miss Nigeria won, Miss Angola won. Instead of you guys going around thinking you are the best, why don’t you focus on the hunger, starvation killing people in your country. I mean, Eritrea is like a hut, most villages in west Africa looks better than your whole country. You guys are nothing special.

• No Long Thing

December 7, 2013 at 6:06 am

Oyin, correction: Most villages LOOK better

• Busarni

December 6, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I go soon nack yu like a wrecking ball. MUMU of life

• Heeba

December 6, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Your royal Eritrean goddess if you are truly being worshipped why are you on a blog by an unattractive west African ? Just asking ???

• Anon

December 6, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Bad inferiority complex you have got going.

• Ope

December 7, 2013 at 12:02 am

See idiot. Thank God say you no dey linda blog. Cyber bullying of life

• nene

December 7, 2013 at 12:13 am

where did this one come from? abeg carry ur buling eyes and refugee-looking self out of this nigerian (west african) website. ina nukwa?. you are forming arab descendant. mschew

• Miss. Sletzion

December 7, 2013 at 4:02 am

I know you are not Eritrean! You just want to spark trouble!!! Eritreans are well mannered and low profile people. My husband is from Eritrea and I am a Westaf!! Beautiful from A to Z ! I also blame that commentator who said: because of your hair! I am a full blooded Fulani women from west Africa with long silky hair! And I am jot Eritrean ! Beauty is not only about hair it is from within and comes in Many aspect! And for you eritreangodess: you are intelligent and you lack class! Because only low class people compare and criticize! Good luck

• Leye

December 7, 2013 at 4:40 am

Girl have a zillion seats

• sassy

December 7, 2013 at 2:00 pm

funny thing is that ethiopian/ eritheans like arabs are
      only good looking until their thirties. it’s pretty much downhill
      after that.

• Mademoiselle

December 7, 2013 at 2:32 pm

attention seeker oshiiii. No one has your time here. Go play in traffic!

• ao

December 7, 2013 at 10:05 pm

@eritreangoddess. Having a long face, long head, long nose,
      and long hair does not equal beautiful. I live in the DMV and there
      is a sizeable Ethiopean/Eritrean population here and I am not
      personally blown away by their looks. Get over yourself.

• WestAfricanBeuaty

December 7, 2013 at 11:14 pm

And you felt the need to come onto a West African website
      to comment. Poor you, you just revealed that not only are you blind
      but you are also dull. Agbani Darego, Bianca Onoh Ojukwu, Oluchi,
      Genevieve Nnaji are classic Nigerian albeit African beauties. So
      instead of hating why don’t you get your pirate boyfriend to do us
      all a favor and shoot all of you to save y’all from starving to
      death. Oh and by the way check your history you have arab blood, we
      Africans consider you all to be mongrels.

3. Sexxie

December 6, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Ladies and gentlemen! Hit the gym please…

4. Felinda1

December 6, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Bella I dont think u shoulda published what the skank bitch from Eritrea said insultin all west africans, it is simply going to divert the thread cos u know, most of us have venom mouths ready to cuss, but this time I will be a bigger person. I will leave your Ethiopian brothers to deal with you. No wonder they beat ya ass and kicked u out and today they r doing way better. ANUOFIAS. Anyway err body looks except I still think some specific ppl are sinking emem isongs brand with their bad acting eg, alexx, uti, monalisa etc. Lately when I see a movie by emem or collab with desmond, I just roll my eyes and yawn

• solar

December 6, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Agreed with the bad acting if the listed artistes.

• Royalty

December 6, 2013 at 11:31 pm

sadly i have to agree..though not all her productions are bad. The likes of imeh and rita, do a pretty decent job..but the rest, i do not know! and now adding the DANIELLA OKEKE…who cant Act for nothing..will only make her brand even worse!

• I'm Rick James Bitch!

December 7, 2013 at 12:00 am

I don’t see a problem with them posting the Eritrean’s comment. It’s never that serious. She’s probably bored and trolling. If you know you are a bad bitch or nucca, then what’s the fuss?

5. Nono

December 6, 2013 at 6:12 pm

See my Asa nwa Rita D! Beautiful talented classy woman with a good heart! Love u too much

6. Tee

December 6, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Simple but nice.I think they all look good in casuals than some of their red carpet appearances.

7. Bamzi

December 6, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Rita is rivaling Toke in event attendance. I’ll stop there.

• Leye

December 7, 2013 at 4:41 am

yeh. Abeg all these half casts where dem comot from? bassey

8. Chigbo

December 6, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Lilian Esoro is one beautiful, sensible and classy lady.

9. Leah

December 6, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Has anyone else noticed that Rita Dominic is getting darker? And the darker she gets the more glowing and beautiful her skin has become. Compare this to a year or two ago when she was pale and looking old with all her pigmentation gone. When I tell people that all that cheap stuff they put in a tube is really not good for your skin, they try to argue.
    Uche Jombo you know I love you right? You know I would snatch a ho’s weave on your behalf right? That whole look is just wrong and I mean makeup, hair and outfit but I still love you.
    @eritreanho, I was going to go in on your a$$ until Felinda1 reminded me you are not worth it. So she saved you today, Halleluah! Don’t count on her tomorrow though. (what is that smell?).

• xtsy

December 8, 2013 at 12:46 am

I also believe monalisa should lose the casper tone, she
      would look resplendent with a tan.

10. Dame

December 6, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Damilolla adebigte watch the cream ooooooooo…… Ur legs are slowly transforming….u were dark ooooooo……. Very soon u will find urself defending your colour

11. Dora the explorer

December 6, 2013 at 8:04 pm

I hate the platforms so very much, geez! you appear like you are standing on a stool.. #yak!

• Shorthairdontcare

December 6, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Thought I was the only one. I hate those shoes too, they make your legs look like horse jooves

• Shorthairdontcare

December 6, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Hooves I meant to type

• ohwell

December 8, 2013 at 8:23 am

lol you and me both. Seeing I am only 5ft 3, they make cute
      (I won’t say short) people like me look like dwarfs on stilts! It
      doesn’t help that 80% of the shoes in the shops are platforms so I
      have taken to online shopping like ebay and others to find some
      pretty dainty shoes.

12. Just an opinion

December 6, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Is Monalisa Chinda bi racial?

13. Emy

December 6, 2013 at 9:35 pm

P:S IK Ogbonna, every where is not runway mbok! Dude needs to calm down wt d posing, persin nor de die put. I wz looking for Uti oooo…Toke present in absentia!

• Ewa

December 7, 2013 at 1:13 pm

lol…

14. Anon

December 6, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Omoni Oboli looks good. Stick to the jeans and tee shirt look all the time. LOL!

15. Nollywodgaga

December 6, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Rita Dominic kill is definitely one of the most classy women in Nollywood industry , period !

16. marculey

December 6, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Hands up for bishop ime umoh, juju popoola, Yolanda okereke, wait first ooo. Bassey u no get country, or u Don be full nigerian,Why’re u always in naija ?

17. yoyo

December 6, 2013 at 10:57 pm

please what is this crap about people wearing t-shirts to movie premieres?

18. nene

December 7, 2013 at 12:11 am

ewwww! where do i even start?
    1. most people here look local, razz and i saw a lady wearing bum shorts. really?
    2. i know they r trying to market the movie, but wearing a shirt with the title is sooo razz and unprofessional. i’ve never seen a movie premiere any where in the world where this is done.
    2. monalisa chinda’s side profile pic is unflattering. and she should do us a favour and cover thhose legs
    3. emem should also stick to kaftans, my honest advice
    4. she looks like somethin from avatar http://cdn.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Lagos-Cougars-Lagos-Premiere-December-2013-BellaNaija-041.jpg
    5. rita dominic KILLED this red carpet! i love this hair better than that crazy afro.
    6. mbong amata why are u bleaching? u loooked better before.

i see a lot of people on this red carpet who can kiss emem’s feet just to be featured in her movie. best of luck guys.

• TeeHee

January 28, 2014 at 12:10 am

Nene the witch! I see you have flown here on your broom to throw your usual shade! You sound like a disgruntled actress that she refused at an audition or better still a producer who is jealous of her movie! Kpele, one day you go make am! Maybe a littel shade throwing and more praying will do the trick!

19. mina

December 7, 2013 at 2:44 am

Is it just me or does Nse look lighter? I hope she’s not bleaching her skin because she had such beautiful brown skin

20. Miss. Sletzion

December 7, 2013 at 4:04 am

21. Loveth .O

December 7, 2013 at 8:34 am

Bishop Ime Umoh i see u, Happy Marriage Life

22. Detoun

December 7, 2013 at 8:50 am

23. Detoun

December 7, 2013 at 8:53 am

Thank God Rita Dominic hasn’t got that tacky wig on today…it always ruins her look. Whose idea were those horrible tee shirts…they look like hairdressers.

24. bluebunny

December 7, 2013 at 10:22 am

Detoun well [email protected] hair stylists. Monalisa’s little dress is
    sweet. Ok!!!! Here we go again with Lilian Esoro and her famous
    hand bag “Juju Popoola”#eyes rolling# stardom isn’t by force oo!
    Desmond Elliot trust u on this one! Nexttttt Bella

25. Modella

December 7, 2013 at 10:24 am

I love the t-shirt idea,simple but chic…Lilian is so
    pretty,but watch your weight…I heard Alex and IK are actually
    after cougars?.

26. Modella

December 7, 2013 at 11:09 am

I love the t-shirt idea,simple but chic…Lilian is so
    pretty,but watch your weight…I heard Alex and IK are actually
    after cougars?.

27. Rageonthepage

December 7, 2013 at 12:22 pm

I think Monalisa needs some SUN!!! Go lay in it for 5 mins. Or a spray tan! Something. Cos girlfriend is looking white as in paper white. Not cute!

28. Laila

December 7, 2013 at 1:28 pm

I have to agree with the Eritriean’s comments. I am not
    from East or West Frica. Nigerians are extremely unattractive
    people and the women look like clowns with the weaves and
    makeup.

• triple o!

December 7, 2013 at 1:49 pm

What you will just do for us ehn, you will just help us and
      upload your own picture you hear? Go on…we will wait.

• stbbabe

December 8, 2013 at 4:53 am

I know ‘lol’ is not a comment but omo, all I can do is lol
      at this your comment!

• Busarni

December 7, 2013 at 6:55 pm

you lack love in your life that’s why you are seeking
      attention here abi, anupam, anuofia, ewu gambia, kitipa rachapu gi
      anya.

• ao

December 7, 2013 at 10:01 pm

@LAILA. Are you lost? It’s called “Africa” and not “Frica”.
      Not being from east or west Africa does not give your statement any
      credibility.

29. June

December 7, 2013 at 3:21 pm

@Laila it will be in your best interest for you to keep quiet esp since your on a Nigerian blog. I wonder y you will visit this blog to see unattractive people. Ode!!!

30. NaijaPikin

December 7, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Geeeeeze a lot of folks need to lose weight.

Uche Jumbo your entire look is off. And whats up with this your 1 pose in all the pics? your feet paining you? your belle paining you? wetin now.

All shoes don’t go with all outfits. say no to platforms sometimes.

31. Bim

December 7, 2013 at 8:13 pm

It was a lovely fun night! And a beautiful movie. We were
    in stitches… especially the antics of Alex Ekubo. They all
    loooked lovely. wekk done guys. who said they should follow rules?
    rules were made to be broken anyway. : )

32. Sunshine

December 7, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Leah lets hang out. U re my type of girl.

• Leah

December 8, 2013 at 3:38 am

I’m game 🙂

33. oge

December 8, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Hmmmm……….Umu nwanyi anyi buzikwa nu ndi ocha. Aunty Emem pancake aaa aburo color gi. Antie Uche Jombo rodriguez( o di kwa egwu…..di obodo oyibo) akwa gi na akpu ukwu a match ro. Uti …….thank God na I furu size gi na dis event maka I ka cha eyi under size! ALEX Ekubo onye mbicha. Ivie biko nne, I na eti okpo? Antie Rita Platform aaa dika I no n’oche kitchen. Bassey biko o buru egwu si kwusi ya….I bizi na lagos? o ka Nigeria si ato gi….OO! Lilian Esoro…I magide nma, so gi na chi gi. Antie monalisa….O dika Monalisa nke ndi art world mara n’uwa nile bu nwanne gi…. I kazikwa princessKate ocha. Oga lancelot biko ibia Enugu ozo gba mgbo jee okpara square na afo gi nwekwa kodi. In conclusion, kedu anumanu aa si na osi Eritrea…..ne kwa ka ndi book haram ji gi me suya…egwu anaratu agbala o we n’eje n’abali…….katikpa gbagbuo gi ebe anwa. anyi aka nesiro ndi rijulu afo o bulu ndi ayiyo , ataro m gi uta maka na neighbor gi kwere gi Jiri phone ya nere ndi oma Nigeria…..Ndi be anyi , o ga dinu….ka m je siere umuazi nri abani……biko onye gusia kowalu ndi na ada anu igbo

34. prim

December 8, 2013 at 6:54 pm

A11 you Skin bleaching phobes. Note that Anemia Can make someone who is light Skinned or a bit light look like they actually did some skin lightening. Women at the ages of these girls and above typically suffer anemia, in Some cases severe anemia due to heavy monthlies. Have a question for Mona -why the excess build up of fat around ya Knees? Gym exercises, now now now!

35. Yourstrulyblogposts.blogspot.co.uk

December 8, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Looking good Monalisa, but, I think you need a tan

36. eniola

December 9, 2013 at 8:59 am

Belinda Efah….. SMH.

37. Chum chum

December 9, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Rita nwanne ima how to dress up, Ivie is a fine girl sha.

38. uju

December 9, 2013 at 3:06 pm

hahahahahaha…[email protected]!!! Nne you just killed me with your comment sha….

39. olamide

January 3, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Rita dominic is always a step above all these other celebrities.
    nene December 7, 2013 at 12:11 AM, lol, i love your comments and totally agree. check out my website, omotarasspace.blogspot.com. for more on celebrity style. the good, bad and really terrible.