Music

“I’m Trying to get My Girl Back”! Watch Robin Thicke’s Sweet Dedication to Paula Patton after Split

BellaNaija.com

Robin Thicke & Paula Patton on BN- February 2014 - BellaNaija

Aww…Paula, he is lost without you.

In case you missed the story on BN, Robin Thicke and Paula Patton are separated after dating for 2 decades. The singer and actress began dating each other at 14 and 16 respectively.

At his concert yesterday Thursday 27th February 2014, the “Blurred Lines” singer put on a brave face as he got on stage to entertain his fans.

“For those of you that don’t know, my wife and I got separated a few days ago…yeah…but I want everyone to know I am trying to get my girl back”, he said to a cheering crowd.

Robin then dedicated “Lost Without You” to her.

Watch the clip

Photo Credit: Google Images

1. X- Factor

February 28, 2014 at 7:56 pm

wow!
    Pray they come back!

• Jo!

March 1, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Lawd he foiiiiiinee!

2. ok...

February 28, 2014 at 8:09 pm

you didn’t know when you were cheating on “your girl”?men feel it’s cool to cheat on a good women…abi?wish them all the best tho

• sarag

February 28, 2014 at 10:00 pm

my dear he was not even cheating discreetly! cheating for the whole world to see! she must have been so embarrassed! now he wants her back! they do not know what they have until it is gone. long hiss!

3. ady

February 28, 2014 at 8:13 pm

awwwwwwww u will darling

4. SweetestTaboo

February 28, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Oh please. He should have done the right thing from the beginning. They always cry after the fact.

5. Ndidi

February 28, 2014 at 8:33 pm

I love them.

6. Just saying...

February 28, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Awww Paula pls come back
    Pls forgive him

7. anon

February 28, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Robin’s been clearly cheating eh hmm. I’m really ok with whatever she decides LOL

8. Eve82

February 28, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Paula pls come back 🙁 You guys make such a cute couple. Robin I sincerely hope you have learned from your mistake. Good luck and best wishes!

9. Olori Tari

February 28, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Awwwww my heart melted when he said “she’s a good woman you know” and said “if you got somebody here with you tonight that you love and appreciate, hold on tight to them and take care of them…I wrote this for her”.Must have been hard performing that. Hope they come back together.

10. AVID BLOG READER

February 28, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Awwww. I love a contrite man.

11. Person

February 28, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Mschew. Creepy as hell.

12. Gertrude

February 28, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Oh please, he can learn the hard way. The humiliation that women must have felt seeing him groping random girls. Gross.

13. Warri Babe

February 28, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!Paula, me sef follow beg. Biko, he’s sorry.
    I really hope they come back together, 20 years is no joke.

14. Trichy

February 28, 2014 at 10:05 pm

I love this couple. They should come back together

15. SoChi

February 28, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Contrite my foot, all that was to set the stage for the song. He ain’t sorry. He has not really felt the pain yet. I believe in letting a man fester in the consequences of his actions for a while (that is if you really want him back o). This is real life, all the awwww and awww is not what will save this poor lady from embarrassment and heartbreak again. He needs to learn and if she wants him back, she is the only one that will be able to tell when he has truly turned a new leaf. Till then, sing on Bro Thicke and if you like, no put eye for one place.

• Beht why

March 1, 2014 at 1:52 am

Lol girl please preach as you’re led

16. Chi

February 28, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Dating for 2 decades. Just dating. That poor woman, she’s suffered.

• kelly

March 1, 2014 at 12:38 am

They have been married since 2005

• VoiceOfReason

March 1, 2014 at 1:09 am

they were married for 9 years

• Naveah

March 4, 2014 at 5:24 pm

They were together since they were 14 and 15 years old, they ‘ve been married for 9 years. I believe he is sincerely sha, I think na small fame enter him head wey make am craze small. But it goes to show us that a man will cheat whether na fine girl him get or na wohwoh. She is a beautiful girl, not the brightest bulb but she seems like a nice girl as well but the bobo still dey look outside. I actually love those two together, I hope for the sake of all the time they’ve put in and their young son Julian Fuego, they get work it out. I hope she’s just giving him a taste of life without her and that this isn’t permanent.

17. IRR

February 28, 2014 at 10:58 pm

NIGERIAN WITH FINAL JUDGEMENT, UNA DEY THEY WHEN HIM THE COMMIT?

18. sηººÞ¬mιηι

February 28, 2014 at 11:05 pm

they luk cute
    sηººÞ¬mιηι

19. SOLO ACT

February 28, 2014 at 11:44 pm

i hope that he is not doing this because he does not want to pay alimony or child support. men nowadays are too sharp

20. Daisy Chiamaka

February 28, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Awwww….

21. Mama Mia!!!

March 1, 2014 at 12:40 am

I hope this aint a strategy for these two? cause, with Hollywood, you never know. However, if true they will surely get back together if they are separated. plus, she actually is a good woman never seen her sad not once! always smiling…

22. lovealothome

March 1, 2014 at 12:46 am

I know say una go come read dis one. Pls consider a donation to the love a lot home located in ghana. It’s an orphanage that also facilitates adoptions within and outside ghana. The orphanage is currently building a home to house more. J children. All donations a re welcome at lovealothome.com. if u’d like to adopt the orphanage

23. yvonne

March 1, 2014 at 12:53 am

@irr…thank you oh..nigerians and the vile ..calm [email protected] come and vent your relationship palava on here abeg……………i hope the get back togetherr.they are super cute together

• SoChi

March 1, 2014 at 6:28 am

Lol Yvonne, cool down mama.

• i no send

March 2, 2014 at 10:55 am

@ yvonne my thots exactly?…[email protected] sochi don’t generalise relationships ..everyone’s different ..that is how my friend was forming “hard to forgive” when another girl finally took her man..when she tried to come back its was too late..not every man has the patience o and side chicks are not smiling at a all..take time to know the personality of each person you are dealing with..jussaying

24. jojo

March 1, 2014 at 5:47 am

Awwwww so romantic

25. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

March 1, 2014 at 5:49 am

SHE’S GOING TO MAKE HIM WORK VERY HARD. AS JANET JACKSON SANG, YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU GOT TILL IT’S GONE!

26. @edDREAMZ

March 1, 2014 at 7:18 am

All this things na stunt, dey go still comeback….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

27. Tosin

March 1, 2014 at 9:44 am

cute.
    whatever.

28. Alero Mii

March 1, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Brave man. I wish them the best, I really do pray that they borrow a leaf from the Clintons & Bekhams

29. Estelle

March 1, 2014 at 5:12 pm

He shd work to win her back he will appreciate her more!

30. Pade

March 1, 2014 at 6:26 pm

2 decades is a long time not to make a decision,wish they come back and they move to the next level.

31. Bennie Egbedinni

March 1, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Please I know it is very hard but please forgive him,you both belong together.

32. Aaeesha

March 2, 2014 at 2:05 pm

20yrs no be play oo. pls forgive the guy, it is so rare to c hollywood couples that have been together 20yrs.

33. Lady G

March 2, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Yes that was pretty cute, but i’m sorry I don’t buy it. He’s an entertainer, his job is to entertain and all he was doing was putting on a show. I think she meeds to stay strong and let him serenade in his mistake a bit longer. You don’t need a crowd of people you don’t know to say you are sorry., all you need to do is prove it to the one that matters .

34. Philip Okiche

March 2, 2014 at 8:55 pm

He should tell it to someone that actually cares!

35. tish

March 3, 2014 at 10:03 am

Nigerians make me laugh sha…REALLY LAUGH. THAT IS ALL!!

36. Omo1

March 3, 2014 at 11:50 am

I love this couple..let him do the needful and get his girl back! Its more than saying it out before an open crowd..its much more than that!

37. Tinkerbell

March 3, 2014 at 4:34 pm

So he knows that she’s a good woman yet he went ahead to do his rubbish abi…now thats called ‘taking someone for granted’. So he knew what he was doing, he just didn’t care enough at the time. Its so unfair how people who refuse restrain themselves expect the other party to be the ‘forgiving one’. If not that the lady is empowered enough and in a society like america she would have been there while he continues to oppress her. God knows how many good women have to stomach that rubbish here, for a thousand and one reasons.
    Still, love forgives. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt (it was the devil abi?) Here’s hoping they reconcile and he never repeats his foolishness.

38. fashionandstylepolice

March 3, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Next time you will keep your magic stick zipped up.