News

Predict the 2014 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards Winners

Desmond Elliot Uche Jombo - August 2013 - BellaNaija (7)

The 2014 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards is going down on Saturday at the Eko Hotel & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Get ready to see your favourite stars dazzle in fabulous dresses and suave suits.

Although voting has closed, we will like you to predict the winners for this year’s edition.

Enjoy!

Michelle Bello & Obi Emelonye - March 2014 - BellaNaija

Last Flight to Abuja & Living Funeral - March 2014 - BellaNaija 01

Uche Jombo & Yvonne Okoro - March 2014 - BellaNaija Movies & TV - BellaNaija

Shirley Frimpong-Manso - March 2014 - BellaNaija Movies & TV - BellaNaija

Nse Ikpe-Etim & Ivie Okujaye - March 2014 - BellaNaija Movies & TV - BellaNaija

Hloma Dandala & Majid Michel - March 2014 - BellaNaija Movies & TV - BellaNaija

Liz Benson

Desmond Elliot & Chris Attoh - March 2014 - BellaNaija Movies & TV - BellaNaija

FUNKE-AKINDELE-1

Aki & PawPaw - March 2014 - BellaNaija

For the full list of the 2014 AMVCA nominees, click here

1. I’d really ♥ to vote, but the last nollywood movie I saw was Ije, 2010 & I probably won’t bother till Half Of A Yellow Sun, so, I’ll pass

2. Bossom

March 6, 2014 at 8:36 pm

How do you nominate a person twice in the same category? Hian

3. Sharon

March 6, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Unfortunately I have not seen any of these movies however, congrats to whoever wins. I really do want my Nse to win. congrats Nse cos I know you are going to win

4. bimpe

March 6, 2014 at 8:47 pm

I am sorry but why the hell are people voting for last flight to abuja? That movie is complete and utter rubbish though it’s intentions are in the right place. I just didn’t get the whole idea of it or maybe because it was well overrated. The contract is still by far the best

• sarlie

March 7, 2014 at 2:49 pm

seconded!! utter rubbish

5. Pb fabulous

March 6, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Mtchewwww what kind of award will nominate d same person in the same movie with different names, three times, , no matter how hard they try, they will never be like d Oscar. AMAA is way better all they need is a gud organisation. . . Apart from Nse am not voting

6. Bobby Ugo

March 6, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Abeg who is voting for this rubbish movie last flight to Abuja. Wen better movies are in the category. Michel dede for me is the best director for her movie flower girl.

7. Chiamaka Ansah

March 6, 2014 at 10:04 pm

And why the FCK do they keep nominating OLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD MOVIES.

Every single african movie award is USELESS – and absolute useless beyond description. They are nominating movies as old as 3 to 4 yrs old. Nonsense!!!!

Absolute disgrace. We have a long way to go . As the world is moving forward with improvement we are moving backwards as always.

I thought african magic was a lil more respectable – i am disappointed. Why would you nominate such old movies when we are in 2014. Are you that desperate to host an award show come what may. NONSENSE!!!

• Angel

March 7, 2014 at 12:22 am

I feel ur pain, that’s Africa for you

• nene

March 7, 2014 at 10:50 am

my sister i dont even understand them. and like peopel earlier said, last flight to abuja was crap. you can watch it on youtube.

8. CarliforniaBawlar

March 6, 2014 at 10:38 pm

The Groom’s bride shouldn’t be on there….its actually a taiwanese movie oh! I’ve heard most of that Frank Rajah guy’s movies are plagarized, how he still has any street cred is the 8th world wonder….

• nene

March 7, 2014 at 10:51 am

i really dislike frank rajah for taking his audience for fools. 90% of his movies are copied from somewhere. it sucks hard that he’s a nigerian also. what mediocrity!

9. http://www.thelmathinks.blogspot.com/

March 6, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I’ve not seen any of the movies either but I’ll vote Living Funeral because Udoka Oyeka is a dear friend and is also very good at what he does, plus Liz Ameye is in it too, absolutely love her!

And also Nse Ikpe Etim…..because she’s Nse Ikpe Etim.

thelmathinks.blogspot.com

10. @edDREAMZ

March 6, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Never watched any of this movie but let the best man win…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

11. Uk

March 6, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Last flight is not a good movie

12. mary

March 7, 2014 at 2:30 am

this award does not make any sense to me, these awards are held every year, isn’t supposed to be movies done between end of 2012 and 2013, how come most movies like somewhere in Africa and others that have gone through different nominations and wins in the past are still being nominated in 2014. trust me, next year they will still be up for more noms

13. Bob Charlton

March 7, 2014 at 3:20 am

Truth be told, africa magic viewers choice award have lost it for me. How can you nominate last flight to abuja and obi emelonye has best director. Gosh. The movie is a diaster and waste of money. It is not supposed to be nominated anywhere at all. what happened to after the proposal by uche jumbo, the meeting by rita dominic, the silent room or something that oc ikeji stared in and also finding mercy. These are movies that rocked our screens last year and for comedy please funke akindele is over hyped. she is not funny at all. Why didt the nominate that funny igbo comedy acted by queen nwokoyo, That movie made me laugh scarter. AMVA i have seen there is nothing new you people are bringing to the table. just same crab like the AMAA award.

14. trufactoid

March 7, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Then Nse is nominated for her worst performance. She has so many other powerful performances

15. Jayjay

March 7, 2014 at 3:43 pm

U know what? There is smth terribly wrong with these nominations..last flight to abuja that old movie !?? And the comedy nominess like seriously funke 3 times!! That good i love funke but what about DUMEBI?? ?? And DUMEBI GOES TO SCHOOL????! I enjoyed that movie more than most of the nominations in that category..why is mercy johnson so underrated!!??? I am starting to think there is a conspiracy and people in the industry dont like her or are threatened by her!!!

16. Aa

March 7, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Africans and their awards sha, why on earth would they nominate clinic matters, what happened to movies like Broken and some other good movies.

17. Aa

March 7, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Forgot to add, lies men tell wasn’t so good a movie to me to be nominated

18. Joe

March 7, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Poor nominations….period my fingers are just cross for Nse-Ikpe Etim,Ivie Oku Jaiye,Michelle Bello,Chris Attoh,Bimbo Manuel,Liz Ameye,shirly Frimpong Manso,Homla Dondala,Yvonne Okoro..the rest i care less…..

19. Pat

March 8, 2014 at 4:38 pm

uche jumbo’s movies suck. heck all these bootleg movies suck.

20. Nollywoodface

March 9, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Great moment for the stars. Desmond seems a likely choice to get an award. NollywoodFace.com