News

RHOA’s Apollo Nida Pleads Guilty to Fraud Charges, Could Face 30 Years in Jail

Phaedra Parks - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01

Not a happy moment for Phaedra Parks.

Her husband Apollo Nida plead guilty to charges of mail, wire, and bank fraud on Wednesday in a court in Georgia. Apollo was first arrested in January for bank fraud and identity theft.

The 35-year-old faces up to 30 years in jail for stealing more than $2.3 million from 50 people.

His lawyer says by pleading guilty, Mr. Nida admits to his conduct in the past, and accepts full responsibility for it.

But Nida is feeling optimistic about his case, he tells Radar Online that “‘I just left the courthouse and I’m alive. I’m cool. I feel good about the support I’m getting. All the support’s been needed. It’s an uphill battle, but we’re still staying positive.”

The Real Housewives of Atlanta stars have two sons together.

1. YELS

May 8, 2014 at 7:48 am

so sad when these desperate akata girls still keep marrying and having babies with these f aggots downlow good for nothing strip club addicted idiots

who have all pass thru their normal rights of passage which is jail. YOU ARE NOT A REAL MAN IF YOU HAVENT BEEN TO JAIL IN THESE AKATA COMMUNITIES

AND NOW MORE DESPERATE 40 YR OLDS GOT THEIR EYE SET ON AFRICAN MEN
    TAMALA JONES, TARAJI HENSON, and now KENYA MOWHORE

AKATA IS AKATA IS AKATA

• stupidityslayer

May 8, 2014 at 11:06 am

Yes o! They are coming for African men especially rich Naija guys and trust me, Naija runs girls ain’t got nothing on these chicks. All the jazz, bleaching and weaves won’t help o. Hmm, hold on to your husbands ladies, akata women are coming

• YELS

May 8, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Oh please they are of no threat to anybody not even to a local champion from the village. No man wants akatas for keeps not any race, they are at the bottom of the barrel.

Yes they may be gorgeous but have the worst stank attitudes amongst all women on the planet. What u see on reality show is real, they are all like that in real life. Take kenya foreinstance. Gorgeous with bad attitude like the rest of all akatas. 100% are insecure with low self esteem, no man wants to keep that permanent. No akata woman is wife material. None.

I will be more intimidated our african men with an oyinbo woman than akata. Once you live and work with them you will understand what I mean. Dont let the prettyface hair and weaves fool u.

• Gorgeous

May 9, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Yels, you are very stupid. My brother’s wife is Akata and so are his friends. They are all Nigerian. Their wives are better than any Nigerian woman out there period. I am more than happy and proud with my brothers choice. At least they have not fu*cked the whole senate, and house of assembly before finishing college. You do have a lot of nerve. KMFT.

• slice

May 8, 2014 at 1:25 pm

that is so rude, racist and wrong on all levels. you can’t talk about a whole community that way. mba. not right

2. keke

May 8, 2014 at 7:58 am

Ok Phaedra, time for you to get off your high horse!

3. CEO

May 8, 2014 at 8:06 am

Old habits die hard. You would think after she cleaned him up when he got out of jail, he had some sort of financial security and would stay out of trouble. He’s so stupid, with a wife as a lawyer and you can’t stop getting into trouble with the law.

Greedy idiot!

4. Marc Francis of Chelsea

May 8, 2014 at 8:32 am

#FixItJesus

• RS

May 8, 2014 at 11:38 am

Haha you clown!!!!

5. Fashion Rehab

May 8, 2014 at 9:17 am

Poor Apollo , I knew this was gonna happen. Just finished watching the whole season. You can tell phaedra stopped feeling him a long time ago, since he doesnt want to keep his act together. Sigh! Just feel so sorry for the kids, growing up with no daddy.

6. Thatgidigirl

May 8, 2014 at 10:14 am

OMO! Kenya is prolly dancing skelewu right now. Why do they marry down though? With all their success, one would think that the would attract their kind.

7. peyton

May 8, 2014 at 10:44 am

honey they are attracting their kind because no sensible man not money but who has his act together would marry any of these ladies like attracts like can two walk together except they agree?

8. Temi Tope Ahebayo

May 8, 2014 at 10:57 am

My sister went to law school with Phaedra . She told me that Phaedra Has always been attractive to bad boys.

9. stupidityslayer

May 8, 2014 at 11:02 am

Damn Phaedra!!!! After coming on the show and acting so sanctimonious and calling Kenya a whore…..wow, I feel bad for you girl. look, just divorce him and take care of your kids. You should have had the sense not to mess with him in the first place. Kai, akata women and jailbirds. Won’t they ever learn???

10. wizb

May 8, 2014 at 11:40 am

A jail bird is always a jail bird! To know that you have once been to jail, come out and had the opportunity that others will beg for..but then go back to crime…?old habits they say die hard! Only sorry for the kids..but they will be fine.., their mum should just raise them right, not to follow in dads steps. Shame on you Apollo!

11. omalichaspeaks.blogspot.com

May 8, 2014 at 11:43 am

Not again……he’s such an idiot! Once a jailbird always a jail bird. Phaedra it’s time to kiss his childish sorry behind goodbye. I never liked their relationship anyway. Seemed to fake to me. I don’t think he ever loved her. Marriage of convenience. And I can bet he and Kenya had a lil sumn sumn on the side.

12. Shade

May 8, 2014 at 2:04 pm

To all those on here who are saying akata women this and black American men that….please know that in America brown/black people are all treated the same no matter your origin. In the oyinbo’s eyes…you too , my friends, are as bad as they are (maybe even worse). As a Nigerian-American I find it sad that these things are being said. It’s racist and unnecessary. Yes people make bad decisions in life but does that mean you should dog the lot of them? Believe me I used to say some of the same things (though not as harsh) but you have to understand that the deep engrained racist systems in the US are still at play and keep people oppressed and unable to move on economically (this does not obtain to Apollo…he’s an idiot). Values that we Nigerians TYPICALLY have (education, family, financial stability, accountability) aren’t taught in these communities because of the de-construction of the family unit that slavery bought on. This is not an excuse, wrong is wrong and he (and all those whose commit crimes) know better but before you dog black Americans learn a little more about their history here in the US.

• Naveah

May 8, 2014 at 3:19 pm

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPREACH!

May 8, 2014 at 11:23 pm

My sister thank you, after a few months in the States I saw this with my own two eyes, and it saddens my heart, I’m Nigerian but grew up in London.

13. Bella

May 8, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Ok but seriously guys, what did you all think this pretty boy will do, he is a lazy bum and is addicted to easy money. which self respecting man can swindle people out of their hard earned money in 2014, you are a public figure and married to lawyer, haba! she knew what she was getting from Apollo, truth is she couldn’t find a proper man to settle down with, looks aint all that, a man needs a brain to be responsible to to handle a marriage. I am not at a loss, saw this coming way back, they were mismatched, and I bet my bottom kobo, he did it with that nasty ass Kenya

14. xoxo

May 8, 2014 at 3:22 pm

I feel so sorry for Pheadra, i can imagine Kenya laughing her head off. Apollo definitely doesn’t deserve her, even though she tries to make it seem they are happy and all.

15. ohmine

May 8, 2014 at 8:02 pm

lmao @ “#fix it Jesus” pheadra is funny.

16. baboushka

May 8, 2014 at 9:31 pm

@Slice and Shade thank you saying it like it so those comments on black Americans were so racist and totally uncalled for. Phaedra sorry oo you got exactly what you paid for remember Apollo is a paid for husband cleaned up by Phaedra but no homeboy couldn’t leave his shady past behind the only people I feel sorry in this mess are the innocent babies.

17. Stella Kashmoney

May 23, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Sweet Jesus. Apollo Nida….